The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beauty and the Geek 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-07, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beauty and the Geek 4"
The new season starts tonight with a surprise twist: one beauty is a man and one girl is a geek. That should make for some interesting dynamics!

http://cwtv.com/shows/beauty-and-the-geek-4/about

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 LisaPles 09-18-07 1
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 09-18-07 2
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 09-18-07 3
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 lynkfri13 09-18-07 6
       RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 woiwod 09-23-07 23
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 09-18-07 4
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 udg 09-18-07 5
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 SilverStar 09-19-07 10
       RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 09-20-07 13
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 bullzeye 09-19-07 7
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Snidget 09-19-07 8
       RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 09-20-07 14
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 mrc 09-19-07 9
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 CTgirl 09-19-07 11
       RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 observer 09-19-07 12
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 MKitty 09-20-07 15
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Glow 09-21-07 16
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 JoeGazillionaire 09-22-07 17
       RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 bullzeye 09-22-07 18
           RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 JoeGazillionaire 09-23-07 20
           RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 09-23-07 25
 RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 Loree 09-22-07 19
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 JoeGazillionaire 09-23-07 21
       RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 woiwod 09-23-07 22
   RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 woiwod 09-23-07 24
       RE: Beauty and the Geek 4 JoeGazillionaire 09-24-07 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I'm looking forward to the new season. This is one of my favorite reality shows. I love it when they do the makeover show!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-18-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I know they are looking for dumb girls. But how dumb do you have to be to think the Moon and the Sun are the same thing?

The girl who thought the Sun was nearer because it looked bigger to her was using poor logic at best, but I can understand the bad reasoning. How do you mix up the Sun and the Moon however?

09-18-07, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Okay, I must have missed it earlier, but what school does the beauty go to where she is too busy studying to read books?

PS. Am I the only one here?

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-18-07, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"

>PS. Am I the only
>one here?

nope, I'm here. I didn't like this season's method of pairing. I thought it would work better when the contestants picked their own partners. They would at least go into the partnership thinking there was something interesting or appealing about their partner, and would have an easier time working together.

What did others think?

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-07, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I think the couple that had to do the pairing did a pretty good job. The only real mistake I could see was when they paired that one particular geek with the girl that lifts weights. He had stated earlier that he was sort of scared of her. She was sweet when she said sorry that he got stuck with her.

09-18-07, 09:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Does this show premiere at a different time in the US than in Ontario Canada? I am feeling very lonely here.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-07, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I didn't watch tonight, but last season, they reaired episodes on Sundays. If they do that this season, I'll watch it then.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
It is a general rule of this message board that we don't discuss the shows until it has aired on the west coast. For the bigger shows (Survivor, TAR, Big Brother) people will sometimes post an East Coast Spoiler Thread so that they can talk about the show as they're watching it. I don't think Beauty and the Geek has enough of a viewership to merit a spoiler thread, so we usually wait until the next day to discuss it.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

09-20-07, 00:50 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Thanks, I did not realize that. I guess I am spoiled by TAR.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-19-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I thought the initial selection process was hilarious! I cannot believe that there are people who are that dim, and who have no awareness of that fact!

Did anyone else see the irony of a beauty and a geek from last season being involved in the selection process? I mean, here they are rolling eyes, looking shocked or bemused when it was only a year ago that they were on the other side of the table?

This should be a fun season.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Actually, there is a minimum level of competence needed to recognize you aren't very good at something.

They did a study where people took a math test. Then they asked people to say how well they think they did.

The people who thought they were the best and got everything right were the people that scored really really low. The people who did kinda OK to really well knew when they were guessing or might have made a mistake. Even the people that got everything right ranked their performance lower than the people who got almost nothing right.

09-20-07, 00:58 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I can relate. My friend Larry is a true genius. For example, it took me all day to understand how you could build a space telescope using only optical blanks, I started to tell him about it and even with no background in telescope building he figured it out in less than five minutes.

I notice he has problems understanding normal people because of that, things are just plain too obvious to he for him to understand why other people have so much problems figuring out the same stuff.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Very good premiere. I was hoping the black dood with the Smurfs would make it. (Has there ever been a Af-Am geek on the show? Seems odd, if not.)

I don't like the LARPer. He strikes me as someone who could go ballistic at the drop of an elf.

I also don't like the boffo beauty. Ditzy guys just aren't as endearing as ditzy girls.

I like Betty Boop and the Asian guy (with partner who had the $8,000 front-end adjustment).

Shar-licious

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I thought it was a good premiere too. The auditions were hysterical and I liked the changes to the show. They can’t keep on doing the same thing time after time. I also think they did a better job of casting. This group seems like a nice bunch and I hope the sweetness and camaraderie is back. Poison Cece ruined the show last year.

But OMG the two with the boob jobs – I think whatever brains they had were surgically removed from their head and put in their chest. Katie, “my boob job was a good investment because of the drinks it’ll buy me.” LOL! Dave the LARPer guy, scares me too! Some of the girls and some of the guys all look alike so I need another week to figure out who's who.

Summertime by Sharnina

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-19-07, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I noticed that many of the geeks are engineers. When I was in college, I took several Calculus classes, which were filled with future engineers. The guys in my classes seemed normal: they didn't look at all like the guys on the show. One of the guys lived with his girlfriend and one was married.

The most intelligent guy in the class was outgoing, had a very pleasant personality and wasn't very good-looking. He had a pretty girlfriend.

I wonder if an equal amount of geeky guys from other professions applied to the show, but the producers decided to choose many engineers to be on the show.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-07, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
*waves*...back for a new season.
I too love this show..definately one of my guilty pleasures.

I love the little Asian guy with the bowtie and the Betty Boop girl too!

Yes, the LARPer is kind creepy...but we shall see how he turns out. And the ubergeek Joshua..OMG...I hope he can come along and progress!

I joke to my DH that he would have been in that grouping about ten years ago (based on his love of Dundgeons and Dragons and the fact that he IS a computer geek..) but fortunately he has a lot more social sense than some of these guys!!

Yup, I'll be watching. The twist with the beauty "dude" and geek chick is odd..I wonder how it will play out.

As long is there is nobody like CeCe from last season, I will be okay!

**Cat-a-trois by Agman**

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-07, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I'm just glad that the girl who laughed (or giggled or whatever that was) after everything she said didn't make it.

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-22-07, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Finally got around to seeing this on my tivo....was just going to skim it to see what the new cast looks like, but ended up watching the whole thing. This is probably my favorite reality show guilty pleasure because it's light and funny. It doesn't stress me out like some of the other reality shows. The premiere episode was fantastic. They did a really good job casting this time. Everyone seems pretty likeable and it looks like they will learn from each other. Agreed on Cece from last season...she really ruined that show for me. Just too mean-spirited for any growth to happen on the show. It does make wonder though if some of the girls acted dumber than they were to get on the show....who's not going to know that the sun and moon are different....they know that they have to appear dumb to get to be cast. I didn't really like that "twist" where they had one female geek and one dumb guy beauty. It kind of changes the tone of the show....we'll see. Is it just me or does even the female geek seem real attractive.....like one of those movie female geeks where they jsut put a good looking girl and have her put her hair in a pony tail and glasses... I didn't mind the selection process. The couple seem to make interesting selections that would make for good drama, like a couple of them who didn't want to be paired up with each other....and a couple that matched each other perfectly (maybe the producers made a few suggestions behind the scenes).

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-22-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Is it just me or does even the female geek seem real attractive.....like one of those movie female geeks where they jsut put a good looking girl and have her put her hair in a pony tail and glasses...

No - it wasn't just you - I thought the exact same thing when they finally revealed the suprise. When the makeover episode airs I bet she will look gorgeous.

09-23-07, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-07 AT 03:16 AM (EST)

duplicate.

09-23-07, 08:03 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Yep, but we will see soon if she is really a geek too, or just an actor. As we have already seen on other seasons, some of the geeks were in-fact very good looking once they were cleaned/dressed up so maybe she does know how to dress-up herself, she just already does a better job than most of the other geeks.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Finally watched the premiere. I enjoyed it. This is always a fun show. And I hope I do not hate anyone this season like I hated CeCe last season. I agree with all that she ruined the season.

I wonder if the male beauty and the female geek will grow closer to each other because they are the odd pair? They will always feel a little left out more than the others.

09-23-07, 03:16 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
>Is it just me or does
>even the female geek seem
>real attractive.....like one of those
>movie female geeks where they
>jsut put a good looking
>girl and have her put
>her hair in a pony
>tail and glasses...

>
>No - it wasn't just you
>- I thought the exact
>same thing when they finally
>revealed the suprise. When
>the makeover episode airs I
>bet she will look gorgeous.
>
>
>

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That is going to be some "makeover show." She looks more like a Hollywood movie version of a female geek....where she's just a geek for having a pony tail, glasses and can read on a graduate level. I think several of the geeks will turn out to be really good looking when they make them over.

>Finally watched the premiere. I
>enjoyed it. This is
>always a fun show.
>And I hope I do
>not hate anyone this season
>like I hated CeCe last
>season. I agree with
>all that she ruined the
>season.
>
>I wonder if the male beauty
>and the female geek will
>grow closer to each other
>because they are the odd
>pair? They will always
>feel a little left out
>more than the others.

Yeah, the premiere was a lot more fun, light and comical like the very first season....last season Cece just made my blood boil too much to want to watch. I don't think anyone in that season learned anything they didn't already know going in. This season, it looks like there will be a lot of people coming out of their shells.
I'm not sure if the female geek will fall for the male hunk....maybe she might end up with one of the good looking guy geeks since they would have a lot in common...and after the transformations some of them will look like hunks themselves (they flashed to a future revelation and one of the guys looked like he was good looking after the makeover). It would be nice if the guy hunk was more of a Matt Leblanc "Joey from frineds' kind of lovable dumb....or else it would get kind of annoying.
I don't want to reveal anything, but anyone notice that the promo for what we are in store for this season kind of reveals who's going to be eliminated. I've seen those promos for past seasons and every time they did this tell-tale thing, they ended up being eliminated from the show.

09-23-07, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I agree with what you have to say. I think the "geek'girl will be very attractive and there are some really good looking guys in the bunch.

09-23-07, 05:26 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
I really love the little aisian with the bow tie, I hope he goes far. He has such a sweet smile and seems very innocent.

09-24-07, 03:08 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Beauty and the Geek 4"
Yeah, I like him too. He seems really sweet and ncie.....and smart. He and his partner make a cute partnership. She probably requested him because she knows that he's one of the brighter guys there. The premiere was good because so far there's more social interaction. Instead of just choosing partners, the producers threw them into a pool/tent slumber party. It was fun watching the geeks get out of their comfort zone and confront their awkwardness. The beauties are so good looking this season, I had a hard time remembering which is which, unlike last season. I hope there are more tasks where they have to approach girls/throw a party/anything having to do with their social skills....and no more farm/camping challenges....those are the worst.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •