The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-07, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
Was anyone else as shocked by this as I was? It was nice of Drew to be so cool about it when Nate asked to use his deodorant because I know he was shocked, too. You have to question Nate's parents parenting skills on that one. I know Nate said he wasn't very popular in high school and it was probably in part because of his funky body odor. I like Nate but poor hygiene is hard to excuse. He was really out to lunch on that subject!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! udg 01-19-07 1
   RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! LisaPles 01-19-07 2
       RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! deweydrop 01-19-07 3
           RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! AprilNY 02-22-07 9
   RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! Jadens Mommy 01-19-07 4
       RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! JoeGazillionaire 01-21-07 5
           RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! nazpink 01-21-07 6
               RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! body_builder 01-22-07 7
                   RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! LisaPles 02-22-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-19-07, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
OTOH, some people just plain aren't that stinky. If he's showering every single day, it's quite possible he's not getting stinky at all.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-19-07, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
It's true some people smell worse than others and some barely need a deodorant product. At first I thought maybe if he never used deodorant, his body never became accustomed to it and then there was the possibility that he didn't stink too bad. This was only fleeting and then I thought nah, he is a young guy and he must have some kind of body odor. Someone probably said something to him during the makeover process and that is why he now wants to use deodorant.
I wonder if Jennylee really has the hots for him or if it is contrived. She really seemed genuine when she was distraught over the possibility of him leaving. Maybe all the pheremones in his body odor worked some kind of magic spell on her.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-19-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
Matthew McConaughey has made it quite known that he doesn't use deoderant.

And I would NEVER kick that man out of bed.

AprilNY 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-22-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilNY Click to send private message to AprilNY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
Amen to THAT!

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-19-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
My husband uses deodorant but once in a blue for whatever reason he forgets to put it on. I'm surprised that at the end of the day he doesn't stink. I, on the otherhand, have to re-apply every few hours and I take two showers a day and I wear lotion and perfume. Go figure!

There is a certain group/culture of people who don't wear deodorant at all for some reason and many of them stink. I don't see how they can do that.

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-21-07, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
Deodorant is only for people who have really sweaty glands...
it's better to shower several times a day and keep good hygiene...so they have that fresh showered scent. Some times the people that use deodorants the most smell the worst...it smells like b.o. covered up by the deodorant musk or perfume/cologne.
But, judging from Nate's previous appearnace with the Amish beard and the unkempt hair...that maintenance could be more of the problem.
I don't know if that JennyLee thing is for real or not...it just seems so out of the blue... every year, the show seems to go by this formula where one couple "hooks up" with each other...I wonder if that's the case here. Other than Nate's sense of humor, I haven't seen that much interaction between them for her to suddenly fall "madly in like" with him.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-21-07, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
Well, the lack of deoderant use does not necessarily reflect upon lack of parenting skills. I think it would be rather hard to fight with a 12+ child to wear deoderant, considering all the other issues that comes along with that age.

It seems a little funny that no one was actually shown saying that Nate stunk, which seems to me would fit into the "geek" format of having no clue when it comes to personal appearances. Maybe the guy doesn't stink and just because he had wild hair and a beard doesn't mean that he didn't shower frequently.

I do actually know people who opt not to wear deoderant due to the different ingrediants (I don't know which ones) and they don't stink at all nor are they dirty. Some just don't really need it.

I thought it was nice of Drew to not only share his deoderant and tell Nate how to use it but the fact that he didn't laugh at him was pretty nice.

Ok, I can't believe I typed this much on deoderant....lol.

body_builder 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-22-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail body_builder Click to send private message to body_builder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
I do not wear deodorant, it is very Natural for people to sweat and have a natural smell, however I dont think anyone would be able to tell I dont wear it. Sweat releases Pheromones which attract the oppesite sex so having a little smell is not such a bad thing.

02-22-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Nate Never Used Deodorant! "
Remembering this discussion, I was laughing when Nate elaborated on the deodorant issue during the reunion show. He said that since he never became accustomed to it he felt like he didn't need it. He DID say that occasionally people would tell him that he stunk. So who knows if he didn't really stink or if he just thought he didn't stink. Zzzzzz, fascinating isn't it?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •