The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Nate over-rated?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-07, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Nate over-rated?"
I really like Nate, he is a genuine, nice and kind person. Nate has more integrity than 99% of people who ever appear on realityTV, so don't think that I am trying to detract from what a super person he is BUT

....did Nate really change all that much? Sure he figured out that he could get a hot girl (mostly because she was into him), but he also seemed to be pretty confident and comfortable with himself before the show started. I don't know how much Nate changed because I'm not sure that Nate NEEDED to change. Nate obviously had good social skills and decent self-esteem before coming on this show. If you are the front man for a band, even a Star Wars band, you have to have a certain level of chutsphah.

Perhaps - just perhaps - Nate didn't need to change all that much because he was already a great person, other people just didn't realize that going in and came to change their perception of him as the show went on. And if that is the case, then may the jury got BOTH of the winners right.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same thoughts.

"God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” - Ben Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Nate over-rated? Jadens Mommy 02-16-07 1
   RE: Is Nate over-rated? nazpink 02-16-07 2
 RE: Is Nate over-rated? CTgirl 02-16-07 3
 RE: Is Nate over-rated? tamarama 02-16-07 4
 RE: Is Nate over-rated? kryp 02-16-07 5
   RE: Is Nate over-rated? JoeGazillionaire 02-16-07 6
       RE: Is Nate over-rated? nazpink 02-17-07 7
 RE: Is Nate over-rated? Glow 02-19-07 8
   RE: Is Nate over-rated? CTgirl 02-19-07 9
       RE: Is Nate over-rated? amea_gari 02-20-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-16-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
Well, his looks changed. He looks way better now. Didn't like his band tho. And he can't sing IMHO.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-16-07, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
In my opinion, I think the changes this season were subtle compared to seasons before. I think the couple of guys who's changes would have been far more obvious were booted earlier on.

Both Nate and Scooter had very little to go, as far as I could tell, when it came to changes, but I agree Scooter's seemed to be more. In the beginning Scooter was very quiet and I couldn't imagine him voicing an opinion, especially one that would tick another contestant off.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
I agree -- and I thought that ever since his stand-up comedy act. I thought a big part of being a geek was lack of social skills. (i.e. Sanjay with a written list of questions when he was talking to Cece and Megan.) Just because you sing in a Star Wars band doesn't necessarily make you a geek! The show probably did help him with his confidence with women. Living 24-7 with a person of the opposite sex is an eye-opening experience, and one he may not have had before.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-16-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
You read my mind.

Yes, Scooter was further along than some of the other geeks, but I do think he evolved more than Nate -- again, not to take anything away from Nate.

When they watched videos of themselves arriving and pairing off - that made it clearer to me that Megan AND Scooter were the right winners.

kryp 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-16-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kryp Click to send private message to kryp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
Well, I thought at least three of the nerds were ringers. Nate, Niells, and Scooter all seemed to be overselling their geekiness in the beginning of this series and seemed to have the most dramatic transformations from geeks into these comfortably engaging and reasonably attractive men. I thought a couple of the geeks were gay; Mario in particular. He just seemed too comfortable in his own skin and with who he was; hence, the ease of being around the women but not being particularly interested in them. Drew was the one who most fit the model to a T. A true geek in every sense of the word and my impression of him never wavered from that.

Concerning the women, CiCi might have been horrid but she was a good villainess and compelling. She used the dumb blonde bit as a decoy while being very driven and motivated. Sneaky smart that one.

I think Megan was underestimated and falsely presumed by many to be not very bright. She became more attractive to me when I saw how fast she caught on in the challenges and adapted to the game. Her personality was deceiving. She sat back observed and made all the right moves. I could definitely hang with her.

The two women who were the most beautiful; Andrea, and Sheree, were also the two most unlikeable; i.e., bitchy, bossy, argumentative, and insecure. Instead of trying to make friends with the blondes and trying to win over Nadia, and Erin who were obviously just going along with the crowd and had no strategy; Andrea and Sheree pouted, whined, and demanded that they be treated special.

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-16-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
You're right that Nate had all those good qualities and was obviously brought up well, but I think he did change.
In every good movie or heroic novel, it begins with a protagonist that has all the good virtues but isn't assured of it until they are tested.
Nate probably didn't realize that he could stick to his guns until he was severely tested. He's non-confrontational, yet he stands up to Cece when he saw the dog was being mistreated. He comes to the realization that the world wouldn't be better off if someone like CeCe can step on people and be rewarded the money, even though that cost him $250,000 which is quite a lot for someone of his age. I think he was a real geek. How many people would have 2 year growth on their face....he looked practically Amish. The star wars tribute was also really bad. so, I think Nate's had the biggest challenges out of all of them. "Geek" doesn't just mean uncurably awkward. Scooter just kind of skated by without being really challenged. Sure, he's a little more confident, but did he really stand up to CeCe or did he do antyhing other than go along with everything.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-17-07, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
Uhhhhh....I recall both Scooter and Niels standing up to Cece before anyone else attempted it. I recall a few conversations where both Niels and Scooter were telling her how unattractive and ridiculous her personality is and how she should just be the person she was inside.....of course they didn't go about it the same way a Real Worlder would have,but they still took a stand.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
I said from the beginning I wouldn't consider Nate a "geek". He just needed to stop wearing the garden clogs.

The right couple won.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
I happened by a repeat of the stand-up comedy episode yesterday - and noticed that Nate was wearing red Crocs. I missed that the first time around! LOL! He also had on a tie with a tee shirt and short-sleeved shirt. I think he just needed a make-over.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-20-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Nate over-rated?"
Just goes to show. What's geeky one year may be all the rage the next. I think style has zip to do with geekiness.
Those Crocs are really catching on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •