The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Finale...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-07, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Finale...."
This is the last episode. So what did everyone think of the results?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Finale.... Estee 02-14-07 1
 RE: The Finale.... amea_gari 02-14-07 2
   RE: The Finale.... PagongRatEater 02-14-07 4
       RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-07 12
       RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-07 14
           RE: The Finale.... amea_gari 02-15-07 17
               RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-07 18
                   RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-07 20
               RE: The Finale.... PagongRatEater 02-15-07 22
   RE: The Finale.... JoeGazillionaire 02-16-07 23
       RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-16-07 26
           RE: The Finale.... JoeGazillionaire 02-17-07 27
 RE: The Finale.... Loree 02-14-07 3
   RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-07 13
 RE: The Finale.... sporkman 02-14-07 5
 RE: The Finale.... MKitty 02-15-07 6
 RE: The Finale.... tamarama 02-15-07 7
   RE: The Finale.... CTgirl 02-15-07 8
       RE: The Finale.... PagongRatEater 02-15-07 9
           RE: The Finale.... Estee 02-15-07 10
           RE: The Finale.... nazpink 02-15-07 11
 RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-07 15
   RE: The Finale.... sporkman 02-15-07 16
       RE: The Finale.... amea_gari 02-15-07 19
           RE: The Finale.... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-07 21
               RE: The Finale.... JoeGazillionaire 02-16-07 24
           RE: The Finale.... Coconut 02-16-07 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-07, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Finale...."
And to the pantheon of classic reality expression, we add Cecille and her 'What do you mean, a jury of my peers? I don't have any peers!' face. In a word: oops.

I think the other teams would have loved to really split their vote, awarding the money to Nate and Megan. But -- it had to be a pair, so Scooter & Megan took it. So it goes. And still, Cecille isn't even remotely close to catching on...

I'm glad they're holding a reunion next week. I'm curious to see if she picked up anything from looking at her own edit. Beyond a deep hatred of all editors.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-14-07, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Finale...."
Spoilers for those who haven't seen it, but considering the name of this topic, that's fairly obvious

I'm very pleased with what happened. First, I am thrilled that Scooter and Megan won, and by such a landslide. I'm disappointed that we never really saw a great deal of them, but I think from what Megan said, it was clear that she really did evolve.

I started out really liking nate but towards the middle of the competition, with him falling for a shrew of a woman and also his inability to stand up to Cecille, I was begging to lose patience.
However, tonight he redeemed himself in my eyes. Throwing himself on his sword and sacrificing a great deal of money for what he believed was right-- that was a noble thing to do.

I was only more disgusted with Jenny-Lee tonight. Her voting for Nate seemed very transparent. Nate isn't the one who changed the most, and for Jenny to vote for him despite CeeCee just struck me as mercenary. She voted him because she's interested in him (and we'll see if that even lasts)

And finally, I was incredibly sad to see the other guy who voted for CeeCee, considering he was the one she humiliated in front of everyone. This poor guy must have the most pathetic self-esteem of all time. I'm very sorry he lost the chance to grow, and that that small shred of what he perceived as kindness from a 'pretty' girl affected him so profoundly-- especially as what she did to him was actually very cruel and heartless.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-07, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Finale...."
I agree with 100% of what you said with the exception of Jenny-Lee's vote for Nate. It was completely understandable that she would want to be loyal to him. It was really sad to see that Matt took Cee-Cee's gerbilization of him as positive attention.

Cee-Cee summed up her entire show experience when she said at the end that change wasn't possible and anyone who said so was as ugly as they looked. So much of EXACTLY what kind of self-centered clueless b!tch she is was summed up in that statement. Not to mention that someone should get her a mirror because almost all of those girls were externally prettier than she was, and all of them were definitely prettier on the inside.

"It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice."

I am amazed by Nate foregoing the money so that MAYBE Cee-Cee could actually learn something from the experience.

Finally, what a great idea to have the finale judged by actual transformation rather than trivia about their partner. Perhaps next time they can let the guys vote for the girl who changed the most and the girls vote for the guy.

"God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” - Ben Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-15-07, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Finale...."
I ***LOVE*** that idea, maybe start with one or two more teams and vote on the final three teams if possible.

Plus, if it is known ahead of time that is how you win you will see a lot more attention given to the guys by the girls. The guys are after-all not use to approaching girls, but this season the little girl's club made them more isolated than normal.

02-15-07, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Finale...."
PagongRatEater, I agree with you. It is important to note that this girl voted against the crowd to support a *NERD*, a person she would not have looked at for five seconds before this show.

That shows a growth at looking positively towards person not base on external appearance.

02-15-07, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Finale...."
Jenny Lee voted against the crowd?
The crowd only voted against Nate because Nate went around and -asked- them to. It was clear that he was utterly sincere, and said the best thing for both CeeCee AND himself was for them to lose.
Jenny Lee is one of two people who ignored that. The other was deluded into believing CeeCee cared about him.
If Jenny Lee had cared about Nate and not the money, she would have done as Nate wished. I see absolutely nothing noble in her choice.

02-15-07, 04:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Finale...."
I see your point - I have doubts that it is right - I wish I had taped that show to review it. If it repeats when I can watch I will take closer note of Nate's comments (we are talking the second to last show, right?) And post a reply - keep an eye out for the next week in-case I get the chance.

02-15-07, 04:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Finale...."
Opps, I need to review the last show for Nate comments. There is a good chance that will repeat.

02-15-07, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Finale...."
They never showed Nate asking J-L to vote against him. Which doesn't necessarily mean that it didn't happen. However, I think that knowing that she would stand by him no matter what, especially when she had to have KNOWN it was a symbollic vote, was the right thing for her to do. I am quite sure that C-C did not take J-L's vote as an endorsement.

"God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” - Ben Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-16-07, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Finale...."
>Spoilers for those who haven't seen
>it, but considering the name
>of this topic, that's fairly
>obvious
>
>I'm very pleased with what happened.
>First, I am thrilled that
>Scooter and Megan won, and
>by such a landslide. I'm
>disappointed that we never really
>saw a great deal of
>them, but I think from
>what Megan said, it was
>clear that she really did
>evolve.
>
>I started out really liking nate
>but towards the middle of
>the competition, with him falling
>for a shrew of a
>woman and also his inability
>to stand up to Cecille,
>I was begging to lose
>patience.
>However, tonight he redeemed himself in
>my eyes. Throwing himself on
>his sword and sacrificing a
>great deal of money for
>what he believed was right--
>that was a noble thing
>to do.
>
>I was only more disgusted with
>Jenny-Lee tonight. Her voting for
>Nate seemed very transparent. Nate
>isn't the one who changed
>the most, and for Jenny
>to vote for him despite
>CeeCee just struck me as
>mercenary. She voted him because
>she's interested in him (and
>we'll see if that even
>lasts)
>
>And finally, I was incredibly sad
>to see the other guy
>who voted for CeeCee, considering
>he was the one she
>humiliated in front of everyone.
>This poor guy must have
>the most pathetic self-esteem of
>all time. I'm very sorry
>he lost the chance to
>grow, and that that small
>shred of what he perceived
>as kindness from a 'pretty'
>girl affected him so profoundly--
>especially as what she did
>to him was actually very
>cruel and heartless.

LOL. She dressed him up in a skirt and put makeup and lipstick on his face. Some guys are so sad. His voting for her was painful to watch.

I had skipped the last 2 episodes and only went back to see this last part because it was on my tivo. I just laughed when he said this will have a jury.
Anyone notice that CeCe had no one to talk to when they were all reunited. Nate was hugging Jennylee. Megan and Scooter were hugging other people. Cece was just walking around like a loner because she had no friends in that room. She said that she doesn't care about the people because she has friends in L.A. I seriously doubt that she has any friends. Her vile personality strikes me as someone who burns bridges often. I still don't think it salvages the season...the season seems empty. But, I think they should save this jury type thing for the next season because it'll be more itneresting to see the contestants trying to vy for each others votes a la Survivor. I don't hate Megan as much as I did before. It kind of reminds me of Superman 2 when there were 3 arch villains...one was evil, the ohter one is just kind dumb and blindly followed the leader---that's Megan. She just followed along CeCe's clique.

02-16-07, 04:58 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The Finale...."
>I just laughed when he said this will have a jury.
>Anyone notice that CeCe had no one to talk to when they were all reunited.
>Nate was hugging Jennylee. Megan and Scooter were hugging other people. Cece was
>just walking around like a loner because she had no friends in that room.
>She said that she doesn't care about the people because she has friends in L.A. I seriously doubt that she has any friends.
>Her vile personality strikes me as someone who burns bridges often.

I wondered about that. As far as I can tell all the blonds form a little club and made friends with each other, and as each dropped out they still stayed friends except for CeeCee who seemed to go out of her way to make burn bridges in her quest to win. Why do that? None of the other teams seemed to work that way, and if you lose it is always nice to have friend with some extra money. If this is normal behaviour for her I would not be surprised to discover that she had dumped people there expecting to win. Where does that leave her now?

02-17-07, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Finale...."
People like that end up with almost no friends. LA is a small town where alot people run in the same circles...so I'm pretty sure that this has happened to her before.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-07, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Finale...."
I got the result I wanted so I am happy. Megan and Scooter might not have been my faves all the way through. But compared to CeCe winning I am happy.

Could CeCe ever learn from this after watching the show and how she came off? Probably not. Even with everyone saying nasty things about her. It would just reinforce her opinion that their opinion was not important in Her World.

02-15-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Finale...."
In the last few shows people were even trying to nicely tell her where she was going wrong. She rejected all their advice out of hand - she clearly does not think she has anything to learn from anyone else.

There is no way that this woman will age gracefully.

sporkman 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-14-07, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sporkman Click to send private message to sporkman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Finale...."
Two words: Nate Rocks!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-15-07, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Finale...."
Yippee!! ***does the happy dance around the room***

Cece was so very vile..and can you believe her last "sour grapes" comment about "what can you learn from a nerd anyway" statement??? Unbef&^%$ingleivable!

Anyway, very , very happy that the gracious, decent people won and the vile narcissist did NOT.

I will now perhaps watch the show again...as I had vowed to not watch it if Cece won.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Finale...."
Nate campaigning for a loss was beautiful to see.

Cece is about the most foul contestant I've ever seen on any show.

Looking forward to the reunion, but I doubt she will have learned anything.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Finale...."
The finale was a great ending to a season that bogged down in the middle with the blonde clique. I admire Nate for campaigning for a loss -- unfortunately I don't think Cece will ever change. She was there for the money and probably exposure on national TV. Her badmouthing the "nerds" to the end showed that she has no respect for any of them and she also indirectly badmouthed all the women too, "my friends would laugh at all the people in this house." ugh! (The way she treated Matt was so sad.) Megan will never be a rocket scientist but she gained enough confidence to look outside herself and see things in a different way. That was a nice change.

02-15-07, 08:25 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Finale...."
Exactly right. I am sure that she now also lumps Nate in with the loser nerds and cannot stand him for undermining her coronation. I would not be surprised if she didn't even show up for the reunion.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Finale...."
I would not be surprised if she didn't even show up for the reunion.

No great loss. Debating an empty chair might get more meaningful responses than debating Cecille.

In her way, she's a very sad case. But -- play the game like you were on a show with a jury, get a jury. She brought it on herself. And you know what this means. It means that she blames Nate, and did it before finding out he tried to talk the entire hour out of voting for them. I don't think she'd walk into the reunion with the 'We would have won if it wasn't for him!' speech, but it's not off the boards either.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-15-07, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Finale...."
I too was happy with Scooter and Megan winning. I felt as a team and individuals they made changes. I would never have seen Scooter as someone who would stand up to Cece or anyone else nor did I ever think that Megan would leave Cece's shadow and actually make more effort.

I did think that Nate's campaigning against his team winning showed a lot of his character. Sure, they could have lost anyway but the fact of it all was people were torn between voting for Nate because they loved him or against him because Cece was such a shrew. I don't think anyone wanted Nate to be punished for his partners actions.

I agree that it was unbelievable that Matt would even vote for Cece much less think that she made all these efforts for him! Am I remembering incorrectly or did Cece say, in confessional, that when she's bored she finds a toy and that's what Matt was? I wonder how Matt will feel about her now that he's seen the show and comments.

I loved the idea of people winning because others felt they made a transformation. The first time around went really well. I always thought it should be more about the changes rather than trivia questions.

02-15-07, 10:18 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The Finale...."
Question, when they confirmed that it was going to be a jury of expelled players who would going to choose the winners - Am I the only one who got up and did a happy dance right thru all the commercials?

The look on CeeCee's face was priceless - she had just recently burnt more than one bridge with the other blonds who had left, worse it would not had taken much to part with those girls as friends, but she did not even try that little effort.

And the fact that she reject any changes makes her the worse possible person to win if it were possible.

sporkman 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-15-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sporkman Click to send private message to sporkman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Finale...."
I didn't start my happy dance until Nate started campaigning for the lose. I still thought there was a chance Cece would win because of all the votes Nate would have received.

02-15-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The Finale...."
The only thing that concerned me with Nate campaigning for the loss was that it would be -more- likely to make people vote for him (Oh, isn't he noble, falling on his sword! He deserves to win!!)
It warmed my bitter heart to see how everyone honoured his wishes. In fact, what happened last night not only keeps this from being the worst season-- in my mind it was utterly unique and will always stand out as the best possible outcome. If I were a producer on the show I would have been leaping out of my chair, overjoyed, at what happened.

02-15-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Finale...."
Trust me, if the producer did not do the jumping up and down - I did enough for both of us. I *LOVED* that ending.

02-16-07, 02:42 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The Finale...."
re: Matt voting for CeCe

LOL. She dressed him up in a skirt and put makeup and lipstick on his face. Some guys are so sad. His voting for her was painful to watch.

I had skipped the last 2 episodes and only went back to see this last part because it was on my tivo. I just laughed when he said this will have a jury.
Anyone notice that CeCe had no one to talk to when they were all reunited. Nate was hugging Jennylee. Megan and Scooter were hugging other people. Cece was just walking around like a loner because she had no friends in that room. She said that she doesn't care about the people because she has friends in L.A. I seriously doubt that she has any friends. Her vile personality strikes me as someone who burns bridges often. I still don't think it salvages the season...the season seems empty. But, I think they should save this jury type thing for the next season because it'll be more itneresting to see the contestants trying to vy for each others votes a la Survivor. I don't hate Megan as much as I did before. It kind of reminds me of Superman 2 when there were 3 arch villains...one was evil, the ohter one is just kind dumb and blindly followed the leader---that's Megan. She just followed along CeCe's clique.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Finale...."
If I were a producer on the show I would have been leaping out of my chair, overjoyed, at what happened.

I don't know.. to me, I think this whole season seemed artificial and overly produced. The editing was heavy-handed, and if someone wasn't coaching Megan to say the things she said so she could be 'redeemed' from the clique (and thus be the 'right' winner), I will eat my snowboots.

Not to say I didn't enjoy most of Cecille's comeuppance, because I did, but a lot of it seemed engineered to me.

Arkie butters my popcorn.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •