The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

TomServo 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-02-08, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TomServo Click to send private message to TomServo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
Having just watched the first "team" get eliminated, I'm positively annoyed by the changes made this season. What sucks?

1. The awful new quiz-show buzzer elimination method. This is just plain *terrible*. To my recollection, *every* person voted off to this point (in the case of the team, the beauty) failed to buzz in at all during their quiz. It's pretty clear that you have to be quick on the buzzer, a whole lot LESS clear how much the losers have learned from the experience. The new method just makes the losers look like total dolts, instead of showing how much the contestants have learned (or not learned) during their stay. Awful. Ashton needs a knee in the groin for letting this stupid change happen.

2. No casting episode. The casting episode was a great opportunity to get to know the beauties and geeks - this season, I'm a handful of episodes in, and I still barely recognize some of the contestants. What's more, I'm not really rooting for anybody. I'm struggling to figure out what personality each of these people has, with the exception of the poet, the girl with too much makeup, and the guy who REALLY needs to shave and change his wardrobe. (Or is that all of them?)

3. Beauty casting was dreadful this season. I understand they want to create some drama and still avoid the blonde mafia of the past, but a few weeks in... half the beauties are just relatively dumb girls next door, not unattainable sexpots. Part of the problem is who's gotten voted off, but the saucy (mean?) African-American girl isn't a beauty, she just thinks highly of herself. Neither is Cara, even if she is ditzy. Seeing these (and others) talk about how much everyone fawns over their looks is a little unbelievable, really. Bring back the REAL sexy women, and you'll gain some viewers!

I'm still watching the show every week, and it's fairly entertaining, but the buzzer is a real buzzkill. Fix it!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Things that suck about the new ... bullzeye 04-02-08 1
   RE: Things that suck about the new ... TomServo 04-06-08 2
       RE: Things that suck about the new ... Agman2 05-06-15 5
 RE: Things that suck about the new ... Colonel Zoidberg 04-07-08 3
 RE: Things that suck about the new ... crs3192 04-09-08 4
 RE: Things that suck about the new ... kidflash212 12-08-15 6
   RE: Things that suck about the new ... Agman2 01-13-16 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-08, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
I agree with pretty much everything you said until:

Bring back the REAL sexy women, and you'll gain some viewers!

I think Amanda is worthy enough to bear my children.

An Agman!

Pretty please Amanda?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TomServo 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-08, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TomServo Click to send private message to TomServo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
>I agree with pretty much everything
>you said until:
>
>Bring back the REAL sexy women,
>and you'll gain some viewers!
>

>
>I think Amanda is worthy enough
>to bear my children.
>
>
> An Agman!
>
>Pretty please Amanda?

Yeah, she is very pretty. I have a strong preference towards brunettes, I suppose... but I thought Tiffany and Jillian both very pretty. Plus, both seemed to be getting into the social experiment to the level that you hope the contestants will.

What is up with Letecia's makeup? Sheesh, I thought she was attractive and very competitive (which is attractive)... but then she busted out the paint brush on her face... yick.

Agman2 1485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-06-15, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
I thought her makeup was fine! Beauty is only skin deep

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
Bring back the REAL sexy women

The "beauty" standard is way down this season, both in terms of appearance and personality, and that's compared to last season - where the sexiest woman was a geek.

GO RED WINGS! GO WILD!

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-08, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
I agree about the buzzer! I hate it!!
If you don't have a fast response, you can't win even if you know the answer.

kidflash212 4508 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-08-15, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
I miss Tom Servo. And Crooow. And Joel. And Gypsy.

Agman2 1485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-13-16, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
I'd be willing to bet they all miss you too! They are probably thinking, "I miss Kidflash212"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •