The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-30-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-05 AT 00:55 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-30-05 AT 00:54 AM (EST)

**sorry. should've been Episode 4 as the subject. Moderator, can you please change this.**

I can't believe there wasn't a thread of this already made!

The title of this episode should've been 'True Colors' because it was an eye-opener! Does Scarlet have an evil twin sister? Wow! You can learn a lot about a person by how they deal with adversity, and she didn't deal with it very well.

Mindi is obviously a lot smarter than all the other girls who have been on the show. I'd like to get her background because it only has her listed as a sorority girl. I'm beginning to wonder if she ever did that poorly in school.

And as usual, Richard was over the top.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Bebo 06-30-05 1
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ladro 06-30-05 2
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 weltek 06-30-05 3
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ARnutz 06-30-05 4
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 RealityMom 06-30-05 5
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ARnutz 07-01-05 6
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Estee 07-01-05 8
 Random thoughts. Oscirus 07-01-05 7
 Programming Alert ARnutz 07-02-05 9
   RE: Programming Alert Cyndimaus 07-03-05 10
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Jims02 07-03-05 11
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 volsfan 07-03-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-30-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
Mods can't change titles - we'll just have to muddle through.

What bugged me was how they gave away the winner of the elimination halfway through the episode. When the ad talked about the final 2, we saw Richard and Mindi walking down the stairs with Chuck and whats-her-face (I keep forgetting her amidst Chuck's obsession with Scarlet). Took all of the suspense out of the elimination for me.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-30-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
Yea, they made a big mistake casting Mindi, she is way too smart for this show. I wonder if she knew the show description in advance and intentionally acted like an airhead in the casting interview.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
Well, she's a sorority girl, which means she attended college. Probably a mistake to cast a sorority girl.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
I'm so miffed that Richard survived again! I only caught the end (I'll watch the rerun tonight) & I'm not looking forward to a Chuck/Richard showdown! Mindi & Caitilin are fairly evenly matched, IMO, so it will really be a contest between Chuck & Richard.

A J Slice original ©2004

Pssst... it was actually episode 5.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-30-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
I agree with you, Cambo. There are a lot of "sorority" girls who graduate Phi Beta Kappa, so Mindi's, obviously, a lot smarter than the label the show's given her. Since I think that she's carried Richard throughout this series, it was only fair that Richard had to carry her backpack last night.
I bet the producers were surprised that Shawn didn't completely shine during the outdoors challenge. It was a "reel" experience that should have showed his true "po-Tent-ial".
It reminded me of Kelly from SurvivorI who also didn't do well in a challenge that played to her strong points. For Scarlet to be as unkind as she was, was just awful. As Caitilin (I think) said, Scarlet's never won a challenge, so to not be understanding when someone was feeling so unwell that a medic was brought it, was definitely showing a very negative side of her. It's a good thing this show is winding down, because I think they've all had enough of each other at this point. The overall tone of the whole show was pretty mean spirited last night, which hasn't been case (with the exception of Richard and Chuck) for most of the episodes.

07-01-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
OMG! Scarlet was an absolute beeyotch to Sean! I can't believe she totally flipped out on him and blamed him for their loss, even though he had to be checked out by a medic and given oxygen! You're right about "true colors", sheesh!

I used to like Chuck, but the way he & Richard relate, I can see he adds to it too. I feel sorry for Mindi & Caitilin for being stuck putting up with those two.

I still can't stand Richard.

A J Slice original ©2004

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
I want Richard to lose because he's changed the least. If the idea of the show is to become more than your stereotype, then he's fallen asleep on the job.

Of course, the last time the winner of a reality show was the most deserving person according to that show's criteria was...

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-01-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Random thoughts."
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-05 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

I loved that episode watching Richard stand up to Chuck and finally put him in his place is awesome. Chuck is an obnoxious a55 who is condescending to all. Mindi though impressive was a dum a55 last night considering that Richard told her that he had no idea about the questions and she still didn't help him. I think that her not missing any of the questions was more a product of Richard's teachings than anything else( other than this episode).

I cna kind of see why Scarlett got mad. Watching him quit the previous challenge and then (I guess in her mind) watching hing him quit another challenge would be infuriating even though I think she may have been over reacting a bit. It was interesting though that when she needed comforting she went to Richard of all people. Watching her berate Chuck made for good tv.

Caitlin has come a long way from wanting to hang all these geeks to actually sympathizing for the guys.

Seriously Chuck you are 27 so what is with all your sage advice. Bringing out the negative stereotypes of geeks? You do realize that this is a show and nobody considers Richard to speak for geeks every where right?

Editing needs to be fixed next season. Before this week's show even aired you show a clip from the finals, you have a Caitlin in the Finale clip in the intro and your montage pretty much tells you who gets booted when. They are probaly gonna have to throw in new twists as weel because I don't see them being lucky enough to get another Richard type to be on the show.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

07-02-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
9. "Programming Alert"
I saw a commercial last night for my local WB station and they are running a Beauty and the Geek marathon this Sunday at 5 pm.

If you missed any episodes or want to see them again, you can catch all 5 previous episodes. I have no idea if they are doing this across the country, but in the NYC & Philadelphia areas they are.

A J Slice original ©2004

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-03-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Programming Alert"
They are doing the marathon here in Spokane, Washington too. I'm glad cause I missed the first episode.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
I'm actually kind of glad that Richard is still around. He has effectively stolen the show. The showdown in the finale between Richard and Chuck is going to be awesome.

Richard is so incredibly annoying. That's a given. But Chuck is just so unamused by his antics. I have never seen such a serious person. Doesn't he see the insane humor in all this? If I were on the show, I would probably try to get under Chuck's skin too.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 "
I might try to get under Chuck's skin but good grief...Richard is just too far out there. IMHO. He annoyed me until the last episode when they went camping...what the hell was doing? But I do agree that the show wouldn't be as interesting without Richard.

*waves to Jims*

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •