The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-30-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Entertainment Weekly says this show has "heart" and builds rather than breaks self-confidence. So it looks like at least one viewing is in order. Ashton Kutcher is a producer, so if it was called "Beauty and the Goof" we might have seen his and Demi's home life. In the summer, I'm game for anything that's not reruns.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... CantStandToLook 06-01-05 1
   RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... volsfan 06-01-05 2
       RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... ARnutz 06-01-05 8
   RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... SilverStar 06-02-05 16
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... CantStandToLook 06-01-05 3
   RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... volsfan 06-01-05 6
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... RealityMom 06-01-05 4
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... RacerX68 06-01-05 5
   RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... volsfan 06-01-05 7
       RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... RacerX68 06-01-05 9
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... Oscirus 06-01-05 10
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... RealityMom 06-02-05 11
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... Puffy 06-02-05 12
   RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... DonnaLynn 06-02-05 13
       RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... volsfan 06-02-05 14
       RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... esquire 06-02-05 24
       RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... cambo 06-02-05 25
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... Estee 06-02-05 15
 Is it just me... PhoenixMons 06-02-05 17
   RE: Is it just me... RealityMom 06-02-05 18
   RE: Is it just me... cambo 06-02-05 26
   RE: Is it just me... mommy2bree 06-07-05 36
 Impressed and, possibly, addicted Sheila 06-02-05 19
   RE: Impressed and, possibly, addict... DonnaLynn 06-02-05 20
       RE: Impressed and, possibly, addict... volsfan 06-02-05 21
           RE: Impressed and, possibly, addict... SilverStar 06-02-05 22
       RE: Impressed and, possibly, addict... Oscirus 06-03-05 27
   RE: Impressed and, possibly, addict... Ellehcar71 06-04-05 31
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... Captain_Savem 06-02-05 23
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... BriarRosie 06-03-05 28
 Wow-I actually liked this. weltek 06-03-05 29
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... ConsiderThis 06-03-05 30
   Speaking of which tvgeek401 06-07-05 32
       RE: Speaking of which RealityMom 06-07-05 33
           RE: Speaking of which ConsiderThis 06-07-05 34
           RE: Speaking of which tvgeek401 06-07-05 35
               RE: Speaking of which ConsiderThis 06-08-05 37
                   RE: Speaking of which zombiebaby 06-08-05 38
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... Ellehcar71 06-08-05 39
   RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... RealityMom 06-08-05 40
 RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" ... RealityTVChick 06-08-05 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I hope other people are watching this show because it's everything Entertainment Weekly has promised. It's definitely not a dating show but I think that there is definite potential for some couples to come out of this show. I think the way these people are really embracing each others shortcomings is very endearing.

The spelling bee and dancing were cracking me up. I may have to buy cable just so I can see the rest of the season of this show.

My eyes!! My eyes!! Bounced by Icecat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I agree CSTL. I came into this not thinking much of it but I am very impressed. The girls are really embracing the guys and vice versa.

The poor guy with the nose bleeds. And Columbus set sail in 1942! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-05, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Me three!!! This show was nothing like I expected. It's definitely worth watching. I can't wait until next week!

There was some hilarious moments tonight. If anyone missed it, they are rebroadcasting it tomorrow at 9 EDT.

A J Slice original ©2004

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-05 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

What do you mean you might have to buy cable? It's not staying on the WB?

ETF the network. I was thinking of the dancing show on ABC.

She nice, the Syren.
I can't wait to see what the guys look like after their make-overs. The guy who was kicked of was actually pretty cute already!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-05, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Erik and ??? crap can't remember her name get eliminated first.
I love this show. Hard to believe it's Ashton Kutchers baby.

My eyes!! My eyes!! Bounced by Icecat

06-01-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Erik and what's her name surprised me as being the first to go. Erika and Joe (I think that is the couple) got lots more air time. Or was it just me not noticing the other couple?

On the previews it sounds like Erika is hitting on the other guy really hard.

06-01-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I'm on the west coast, so it's still a while until it'll be on here. I'm so glad that it's living up to the publicity. The LA Times had articles about it both yesterday and today, both very favorable. Ashton does seem like a goof, but a very lovable one.

RacerX68 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-01-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RacerX68 Click to send private message to RacerX68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I know they are making fun of the girl who says, "1942 is when Columbus sailed the ocean blue." But the part I find funny is that the so-called genius thinks that D-Day happened in 1942. What a putz.

06-01-05, 09:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Well, at the elimination room that girl thought D-Day was part of the civil war.

RacerX68 131 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-05, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RacerX68 Click to send private message to RacerX68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Okay, yeah, that's worse. :-D

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-01-05, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
That was a good show

I think that Richard's team is the early favorite to go all the way. they seem to get along prettty well

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

06-02-05, 01:31 AM (EST)
11. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I think that this show has heart because the producers did such a good job picking kids who have heart. There were definitely "Jay Walking" moments but by creating a show that is not about dating or setting up false romances, an opportunity for real friendships that will enrich both partners actually seems to be possible. These guys seemed much sweeter than the ones on "Average Joe" and the girls seemed genuinely nicer when they didn't have any romantic pressure on them. Joe reminded me of Ralph Malph from Happy Days and I thought Brad looked a little like Ryan Sutter. The funniest thing is that I watched "Dancing With The Stars" right afterwards and Evander Holyfield, who no one would ever call a geek, didn't dance any better than these guys!

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-05, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
The show was much better than I had expected. It didn't make fun of the guys or the girls. No snobbery or backstabbing yet. I'll definitely watch the rest of the series.

I liked the stats on the poor geeks: hasn't kissed a girl yet, hasn't had a date yet, Pres of Dukes of Hazzard Fan Club, etc.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I, too, thought that this would be another "Average Joe" but it wasn't. I loved how there isn't any romantic pressure on them as well!

I think most people like me, loved Richard. He was funny and very goofy. I do hope the editing gets better because it was extremely obvious who was going home as it was the team who got the least amount of air time. I thought it was pretty nasty of the blonde chick sneaking into Ryan Sutter look-alike's room to "cuddle" all night leaving her team-mate all alone. Talk about a slap in the face. Even though the teams are not romantically involved, it's still a big slap in the face and ultimately that puts the team at a disadvantage.

BTW, some of the questions they asked the girls were not all that easy. Most of them were bone simple, but some of them I don't think most intelligent people would know either. I am a professional business-woman and got straight A's when I was in high school but always have had a problem with geography so some of those questions I had to think about and honestly, I couldn't remember who Al Gore's running mate was either. Although that chick saying that Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue in 1942, was by far the funniest thing I've seen yet!

I'll be watching every show and hope it does well!

--Donna :~)

06-02-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
14. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I do hope the editing gets better because it was extremely obvious who was going home as it was the team who got the least amount of air time.

See, I thought just the opposite. Mark Burnette edited shows would have had Erika/Joe get the boot (the couple that had the most air time). Most of the time editing will tell stories (such as Mark Burnette) and let the stories run their course. Where as I thought the girl (Erika...I think) cuddling with the guy was going to run it's course and they would be going home. So, I was surprised by who stayed and went.

esquire 1089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-02-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
>
>BTW, some of the questions they
>asked the girls were not
>all that easy. Most
>of them were bone simple,
>but some of them I
>don't think most intelligent people
>would know either.

I am still stumped by the question what city is the state capital of New England? The girl looked confused and said she didn't know. That seems like the right answer to me since new england is not a state, but it looked like they treated her answer as a wrong answer

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-02-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
>BTW, some of the questions they
>asked the girls were not
>all that easy. Most
>of them were bone simple,
>but some of them I
>don't think most intelligent people
>would know either. I
>am a professional business-woman and
>got straight A's when I
>was in high school but
>always have had a problem
>with geography so some of
>those questions I had to
>think about and honestly, I
>couldn't remember who Al Gore's
>running mate was either.

I agree. I did well in school and consider myself rather knowledgable on topics of common knowledge, but I also drew a blank on Leiberman.

I'm pretty good at geography (or so I think) but I will admit when they asked what state is east of west virginia I said Ohio.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I watched it.

I even taped it.

I have no idea what to do with it.

I wasn't expecting it to be sort of sweet...

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-02-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Is it just me..."
or are the guys much 'hotter' for geeks than the gals are for supposedly being 'beauties'? I guess they had to make sure they were fairly unintelligent/non-academic so the show worked.

But some of these guys are quite cute, IMO. Joe is a cutie (reminds me a bit of my 5th grade boyfriend ) and the guy who went home is absolutely adorable! And they're all cute in their own way (I LOVE Richard - he is hilarious).

I thought the show was very cute and not what I would except from a show with this title...MUCH better than Average Joe!

Got blog?

06-02-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Is it just me..."
I absolutely agree with you. I kept thinking-"these guys are pretty cute" and to be members of Mensa, to boot. A girl could do a lot worse! Richard could play a young, pre-scandal Woody Allen. They were all really endearing. As I said in my earlier post, Joe reminds me of Ralph Malph, so did your 5th grade boyfriend look like that? I thought that Larissa of Average Joe was absolutely beautiful. None of the girls here come close but I think that's why so many of these pairs looked so cute together- because they weren't so extreme.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Is it just me..."
Yeah. That Mensa guy who hooked up on the first night isn't a bad looking guy. I'm surprised he's there.

mommy2bree 253 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy2bree Click to send private message to mommy2bree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Is it just me..."
It's definitely not just you...I told my mom as soon as Erik was eliminated, "Dang, that geek was kind of hot!"

I don't agree about Richard though...I find him rather annoying. And it looks like maybe he gets even more so in the future episodes.

2 Funniest lines of the show... "No, I'm sorry, it was Abraham Lincoln" "Oh..D-Day!" and (from Richard) "It's pretty safe to say I will never get laid." (or something to that effect.)

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-02-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Impressed and, possibly, addicted"

I stumbled on the rerun of this show last night at 10 pm central time and remembered it was Ashton's baby so I stuck around and watched. Plus, the host is the same host from Cupid and I watched that show so how bad could this one be?!?

I have to think that the teams are given some guidelines as to what questions may be asked because it seemed a little too obvious when their off screen teammate would say "oh, they know this ...we covered this. They SO know it." And, the flashcards?!? I HATE flashcards!

The dancing was a good idea for a competition IMO.

Anyway, I thought it was a good show. Since, I'm reality showless at this point I know I'm going to continue to watch it.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Impressed and, possibly, addicted"
>Plus, the host
>is the same host from
>Cupid and I watched that
>show so how bad could
>this one be?!?

Thank You! I couldn't figure out where I knew the host from! I was going nuts!!!

--Donna :~)

06-02-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Impressed and, possibly, addicted"
Wasn't he also the host of Todd TV? I know that there are only 2 others besides myself that watched Todd TV but I am pretty sure it is the same host.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Impressed and, possibly, addicted"
*waves* to the other person to watch Todd TV. But no, Brian McFayden wasn't the host of that. If he looks familiar, you might also know him from MTV. I have no clue who the host of Todd TV was, but I know it wasn't him.

She nice, the Syren.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-05, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Impressed and, possibly, addicted"
He was also the host of Superstar.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Impressed and, possibly, addicted"
Count me in, too! I went to sleep thinking about this show! These guys are totally my type (well, most of them, anyway!) Funny how DH was a little jealous as we watched - and he could be one of them, I told him! Can't quite figure out why someone hasn't snatched them up!

Of course, I also loved Ian on Survivor and Clay Aiken. Guess my infatuation for Bo is the rebel in me!

The day after the show, when I would say something not-so-wise, DH would say to me, "At least you're pretty." I'll chose not to be offended, and accept the compliment.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-02-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Wow! Looks like we're watching the same shows this season. I happened across this one too, when I heard them announce the show as "Beauty and the Geek" I almost turned the channel right there, but I decided to wait until I knew what they were gonna be doing. I'm glad I did. I think the fact that this show isn't about romance makes it much more appealing to me. That "Oh, yeah D-Day!" line cracked me up.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-03-05, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I'm so glad I read this thread to find out that I could catch the encore presentation. I switched between this and "Hit Me Baby, One More Time" before giving up on HMBOMT completely.
(I have a new appreciation for "American Idol" finalists!)

Anyway, this show was definitely worth watching. I happen to like nerdy guys, and some of them I'd definitely date. I found the shy awkward guy appealing.

Richard, though....he reminded me a little of the geek from the movie "Midnight Madness".

And a little of Robert Carradine's Lewis from "Revenge of the Nerds".

This show is a keeper.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Wow-I actually liked this."
I agree with the Entertainment Weekly folks. It was nice to see the couples respect eachothers strengths & building friendships.

The Mensa guy is good looking, he just has the personality of a rock.

ConsiderThis 146 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ConsiderThis Click to send private message to ConsiderThis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Wow, what an amazing thread!!!!!

I've ALWAYS wanted to read an all-in-agreement, all-in-favor thread!

My only problem is going to be remembering which night it's on.

www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
Your fingernails reflect your health --
Learn what warning signs to look for --
Karen Kline

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-05, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Speaking of which"
what night is it on?

I found a show to go on my Season of Crap list of shows I'll watch and I don't even know when it comes on.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!
4 8 15 16 23 42

06-07-05, 02:46 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Speaking of which"
Hi, tvgeek,
It's on the WB on Wednesday at 8 PST (and EST, too, I assume). Enjoy

06-07-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ConsiderThis Click to send private message to ConsiderThis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Speaking of which"
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-05 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-07-05 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

Hi Reality Mom --
Thanks for the when-its-on info.
That's what I came here looking for.

I cannot believe that I was in this thread before. I had thought this was a whole forum. (when I couldn't find the forum today, I searched Beauty and the Geek, and that's how I found this.)

And, I find it monumentally astounding that what I loved most was that it was all-in-agreement.

I guess I foolishly thought that if I introduced myself on the Off-Topic forum (not realizing this was it) that there would be zillions of lovely all-in-agreements to follow.

well, old Hereclitus was right,
You can't step into the same river twice...

But, I am soooo happy to see you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
Your fingernails reflect your health --
Learn what warning signs to look for --
Karen Kline

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Speaking of which"
Oh, I will enjoy.
mmm, geeky guys.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!
4 8 15 16 23 42

06-08-05, 00:39 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Speaking of which"
Well, this thread isn't in the OT forum...
where is it????

I can only find it by searching....

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Speaking of which"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-05 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

This is the Other Shows forum.

If you look to your left you will see all the forums with a blue background and the message boards listed in alphabetical order of the "major" shows.

Click on Other Shows and it will give you a choice of Other Reality Shows which this one is in and other less popular reality shows. There is also a choice for Other Non-reality shows where you can discuss stuff about non-rality shows like "24", "CSI", "Arrested Developement" or Soap Operas.

There also are separate forums for "Lost" and "Desparate Housewives" due to their popularity"

"Boxed wine, mixed with 7-UP and lots of ice is nice when it is hot. And it's uber classy too".~Knockers(in the nookie thread)

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
Susan Stewart, a critic in the TV Guide, gives it a 9 out of 10. That is really generous. While I totally love the show, not sure I'd rate it that well.

06-08-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
40. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-05 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

In the same issue of TV Guide, Matt Roush gives the show a "Roush Rave". I love the show, too but 9 is a really high rating. What would some of the all-time great shows like "Roots", the Master of My Domain episode of "Seinfeld", the best episodes of "Mary Tyler Moore", "Mash", "Sopranos", etc. etc. receive - a 10 +++?
The most encouraging thing, though, is that both Roush and Stewart have seen several episodes of "Beauty and the Geek" and still like it just as much as we all liked the first episode. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens tonight.

RealityTVChick 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-08-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityTVChick Click to send private message to RealityTVChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: EW gives "Beauty and the Geek" an A-"
I love this show! A friend of mine mentioned that she grew up with one of the 'geeks.' I was worried that she might be upset if he was belittled or mocked on the show but when I tuned in I was sooo happy to see that Ashton and his crew knew exactly where the line was. I like when the host said, "none of you guys ever got a free meal on your looks." Its not mean..its true..and they couldn't do anything but nod, giggle, and agree. Clearly we are talking about very intellegent men...and I admire them for having the courage to get out there and work on their social skills.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •