The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-06-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
From the beginning, this show had "heart" and attempted to build self-confidence. The finale showed just how sweet the show could be. It was a very satisfying conclusion to see all four contestants doing so well and how each has grown. Who knew that giving Richard a keyboard was the key to bringing out his best?
"Ashton, your show's not a "flash(ed) in the pan" - sung to the tune of "Mindi"
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Oscirus 07-07-05 1
 RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Surveysez 07-07-05 2
 RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale ladro 07-07-05 3
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Surveysez 07-07-05 4
 RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Estee 07-07-05 5
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Captain_Savem 07-07-05 13
       RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Tahj 07-07-05 14
 RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale ARnutz 07-07-05 6
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale ladro 07-07-05 7
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale RealityMom 07-07-05 8
       RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale ARnutz 07-07-05 10
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale motormouth 07-07-05 9
       RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale ARnutz 07-07-05 11
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Oscirus 07-07-05 15
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale cambo 07-08-05 16
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale DonnaLynn 07-08-05 17
 RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Cyndimaus 07-07-05 12
   RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale weltek 07-08-05 18
       RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Cyndimaus 07-10-05 19
           RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale Puffy 07-10-05 20
 RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale business 01-15-07 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-07-05, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-05 AT 01:14 AM (EST)

Rich did a 360 tonight hell he even looked different. That final challenge sucked. Cait's getting pretty fat or at least that dress she was wearing did her no favors.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-07-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I have to admit, even I was hoping for Richard and Mindi last night. And to boot, I am looking forward to the behind the scenes episode next week.

Ham and eggs - a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime committment for a pig.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-07-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I have to say that the double overtime was pretty dramatic. But, I was routing for Richard and Mindi. There were two questions that Chuck/Cietlin (sp?) got, that Richard/Mindi didn't get, that were total softballs. One was "Who does Cietlin think is an amazing cook?" (her Mom!, shocker!!). I don't remember the other softball question, but it was another obvious answer. So my point is, I think that Richard/Mindi had slighlty harder questions (yes, I know most of the questions were identical). I found the show entertaining, but I never understood what the showdown quizzes had to do with the premise of the show.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-07-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"

I didn't hear Richard asked how to spell Mindi's name.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
Did anyone else's jaw drop when Richard started playing the piano? I was not expecting that kind of skill from him.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-07-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
When I saw Richard playing the piano, "Idiot Savant" came to mind, stress on the "Idiot" part. That said, I was rooting for him and Mindi.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
"It is a tribute to the American people that our leaders perceived that they
had to lie to us, it is not a tribute to us that we were so easily misled." ~ Daniel Ellsberg

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-07-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
Lol, me too, Captain.

Moves courtesy of Syren

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I don't understand how everyone was rooting for Richard. I don't think the show redeemed him at all last night. He is an egotistical jerk and he always will be. So what if he can play piano wonderfully, that skill does not make a personality. If I ever came across a guy like him, I'd slap him. The way he was being a total freak when they were waiting for the challenge was just as annoying as he ever was. I cringe when I see him.

I have to give the most props to Mindi here! She stuck it out with an idiot partner and did a great job! She is really the one who most deserved to win and let's not forget, she was the one who kept them in the game all three times they went to the elimination room! Without her, Richard would have been gone long ago!

I actually was kind of hoping they would give them individual challenges (no longer working as a pair), so Mindi could have won without Richard. Don't get me wrong, Chuck had his own issues, but I was glad he & Caitilin won. I liked Caitilin too, just not as much as Mindi.

A J Slice original ©2004

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-07-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I was not routing for Richard so much as I was for Mindi and against Chuck.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I have to admit that after years of lessons that went nowhere, I'm a sucker for someone who can play the piano. But all that did, really, was show that there was more to Richard than just the clown he's been for all the previous episodes. The image of him in that blindfold is one of the least pleasant of any I can remember in reality TV. I didn't want him to win but he did seem much more human last night. I still wouldn't want my daughter to bring him home.
I also think that individual challenges last night would have been so much fairer since the girls were really the ones who both seemed to gain the most self-confidence and put up with the most in terms of their partners' personalities. Caitilin didn't have it as tough as Mindi but Chuck just never really seemed to lighten up. I kept wanting her to try to find his "ticklish" spot. He must have one!
Mindi has incredible patience to have put up with all Richard's shenanigans and as I said last week, I think she's carried him this whole series.
So, individual challenges would have given the two people who deserved it the most- Mindi and Caitilin- a chance to win it all. It would have even made sense with the concept of the show- which is that each person should now be able to go out on his/her own and use their new confidence in the real world. So, to separate the teams at this point would have been the first step in that process.

07-07-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I wonder if Ashton is reading this so he can change it to individual challenges in the finale next time?

I agree, the premise of the show was who could change the most (of course, we may all define that "change" differently) from their stereotypical behaviors & preconceived notions of who they are and who the others are. If you are stuck with a partner who doesn't progress as much as you do, then you have an uphill battle.

You know what else would have been interesting? If at some point (maybe halfway through the season) they had some kind of challenge that if you won it, you could choose a new partner or decide to keep your current one. I wonder how many of them would have jumped at that chance once they got to know each other a little better. I bet Chuck would've chose Scarlet, given that chance!

A J Slice original ©2004

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-07-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I'm with you on this ARnutz! I too couldn't stand the sight of Richard and him playing the piano didn't undo all his other crap. I think I was rooting for Chuck and Caitilin not only because I liked them as a team, but because I didn't think I could survive knowing that Mindi would have to make out with Richard. *gag*

A totally rockin' RollDdice design

07-07-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
Hi MM!!!

Great minds think alike you know!

Gotta run right now, but I'll be back!

A J Slice original ©2004

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-07-05, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I disagree. If anything if you look at the final dates the only egotistical person was Chuck. His state of mind being the way it was explains his behavior. His anxiousness to not fail mindi again was what led to it. As was said before he was a perfectionist and he was in a situation that he had no idea what was going to happen so it drove him crazy.

While I do agree that Mindi was their main reason for them making it that far I would also say that part of that might be him being a good teacher.

I rooted for Richard because of everyone on the show he was the only one not taking this seriously and enjoying himself most of the time. Plus chuck being an obnoxious a55 made it an easy choice.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-08-05, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
I was definitely pulling for Chuck and Caitilin. I just felt Richard was playing too much to the camera for the whole show. I'm not the biggest Chuck fan either, but Caitilin always showed compassion and did win a few challenges.

I'm looking forward to the reunion show to see if any lessons learned were taken home and applied to everyday life. It's easy to say how much you've learned from the experience, but a whole other thing to change.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
>I don't understand how everyone was
>rooting for Richard. I don't
>think the show redeemed him
>at all last night. He
>is an egotistical jerk and
>he always will be. So
>what if he can play
>piano wonderfully, that skill does
>not make a personality.

My husband, who has hated Richard from day 1 actually softened a little bit to him during the piano date. That showed that he has discipline and can actually get serious at some point in his life. Not only that, but he can play!

As far as Chuck. The man needs serious help! I'm sorry, but I really think that the whole "getting girls numbers" was rigged. Chuck didn't learn a thing and is self-centered and egotictical (sp?)...

I agree that Mindi held her team together, but Richard didn't want to let her down and that's why he was so nervous...

I thought it was rather rude of Chuck to tell Richard that he should be on Ritalin as well! This whole country thinks the answer to everything is drugs. Not just that, but Ritalin is dangerous, especially in adults. Most people don't realize that when you give a child ritalin for most of their lives, it's very difficult to get off of it when you do become an adult. We need more people in the medical society to help people instead of forcing drugs down everyone's throats. I hope Chuck learns this before he gets his medical lisence...

--Donna :~)

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-07-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-05 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

Please excuse me while I weep. I usally catch the show on the Thursday rerun because of an regular Wednesday night committment. But tonight my local station is broadcasting the Mariners baseball game so I will not be seeing the finale! I am sad. Any chance of a play-by-play from someone?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
From what I remember:

The whole first half was flashbacks, telling the story from the begining. No surprise there.

In the final "lessons", the men & women must share their world with their partner.

I missed what Mindi did for Richard.

Richard shared his love of the piano with Mindi (they got all dressed up & sat at a baby grand). Richard plays the piano with great talent. He and Mindi had a lot of fun...she said it would've been better if they'd had the piano the whole time. They'd have enjoyed eachother more. She accompanied him on a song he wrote for her. It's was funny. Something about "Mindi, It's so windy when you're not around," and it had some funny lines.

I kind of missed the part where Caitalin cooked with Chuck. I just caught their dinner. They had a nice coversation. Caitalin told Chuck she was so impressed with how much he has grown during the show.

The final four sat in the bedroom talking. They hugged eachother & went to get dressed for the elimination.

Richard started freaking out, not knowing what they'd be tested on. He was a wreck. Mindi just hung out and told him to calm down.

Chuck & Caitalin just sat in their room making occassional small talk. You could practically hear the crickets chirping.

They go to the final elimination. Chuck & Caitalin go first. They have to answer questions about eachother (WHO COULDN'T SEE THAT COMING FROM A MILE AWAY????). They got 8/10 questions right (how to spell Caitalin's name, Chuck's birthplace, his college, etc). Richard & Mindi were next. They bombed the first few questions & then worked to tie Chuck & Caitalin (birthplaces, travel questions, size pants, etc.).

I think the tiebreaker round went around twice or three times before Chuck & Caitalin won.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-10-05, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
Thank you very much. That will teach me not to check the schedule ahead of time! I could have saved myself the trouble by recording the show instead of assuming I'd see it on rerun the following night. Oh well! I am looking forward to the next run!

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-05, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
A couple of more things:
Mindi's expertise was kayaking; Chuck's expertise was karate. Richard played Scott Joplin music on the piano. The question that Richard missed in the 2nd tiebreaker, to lose the game, was "What is Mindi's middle name?" He guessed, "Jackie."

Move over Bob, this is an Arkie original

business 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-15-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail business Click to send private message to business Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Beauty and the Geek- The Finale"
Ya I think so to it is not that nice to make an ##### out of people for how thay are.

http://www.thebusinesssuccessgroup.com/Real-Estate-Investment-training.html

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •