The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeez, this show is dreadful."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Grease: You're the One That I Want Forum (Protected)
Original message

TomServo 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-28-07, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TomServo Click to send private message to TomServo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeez, this show is dreadful."
I am possibly the biggest reality fan I know, willing to give just about any show a shot. I've seen every episode of "Survivor," "The Amazing Race," and "Rock Star," and watched every season of "American Idol" except the Clay/Reuben year.. and this has got to be the worst talent-based reality production I've ever forced myself to endure.

I was totally into the idea of the show, being a longtime Grease fan, a musical lover... not to mention, someone who loves watching beautiful women perform with fantastic talent. (The guys are okay, too, I suppose. Heh.) However, the show just does NOT deliver. The production is bad, the "You're the one that I want!" tagline has been annoying since the first episode (although I noticed they modified it some on the last episode), the nicknames are horrible, the fake "bad blood" is obvious, and the "judges" provide about as much insight as Paula Abdul alone.

I've watched every episode, with hopes it would really find its groove (like Rock Star eventually did, in my opinion)... but it hasn't, and we're left now with a few very capable performers, some pretty bad ones, and a super-dull show. Even the orchestrations of the pop songs are dreadful! If there's anything this show solidifies, it's the great job the "American Idol" creative staff does, keeping that show interesting and relevant.

There are probably some big Greasers here who'll hate me for saying all this, but I'm not trying to bash the show, I just can't continue to pretend it's good. If you agree with me, do you think it has a chance to blossom as it goes on, without the dead weight of religious Sandy and whoever the worst Danny is?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful. JessicaRN 03-01-07 1
   RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful. volsfan 03-03-07 2
       RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful. AshLanie 03-05-07 3
           RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful. nogwart 03-05-07 4
               RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful. kidflash212 03-05-07 5
                   RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful. Agman2 03-12-15 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-07, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful."
I totally agree with you. This show is bland and forced. The contestants have no diversity or uniqueness. The judges are hokey. It reminds me of the kind of singers that would be performing at the local amusement park. I have yet to watch last Sunday and I think I am done with it. I just really don't care at all and I have always loved the movie so I'm not sure what the problem is. Perhaps, none of these people are even close to Olivia and John Travolta. They would all do well in dinner theatre.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-07, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful."
The contestants have no diversity or uniqueness.

Perhaps, none of these people are even close to Olivia and John Travolta.

Where is the diversity in Olivia and Travolta?

The thing to remember here is that it isn't about the movie but the Broadway show. Comparing these people talent to other shows (American Idol) isn't fair IMHO. It takes a totally different type talent to perform on Broadway than those we see on the big screen.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-05-07, 05:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful."
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-07 AT 05:38 AM (EST)

Well, I would venture to say I was one of the few that had never seen Grease, the movie...finally did the other day when it was on tv and wish I had kept myself in the dark.

I was not impressed with the movie-The acting in it was terrible imho and the singing was average. Both Olivia and Travolta looked far too old to be playing high school characters.

So, this tv talent show fits right in with the movie, imho.

Do agree with you in that one can not compare broadway singers with singers that are on AI.

There has even been times on AI that Simon has even said to a perspective contestant that they would do better trying out for broadway.

Whoever wins the parts of Sandy and Danny will need lots of classes and coaching before it opens if they wish the show to look professional....if they are looking for it to open waaaaaaaaay off broadway then no biggie as to how they perform.

Brodway, to me anyhow, is the hardest world of performing to be accepted into. Time will tell if the brodway show makes it big or not.

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-05-07, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful."
Yeah, I've got to agree, the show can't be taken seriously. I watch it with a perpetual tongue-in-cheek. To say they are all amusement park quality is even too generous in my opinion. That said, I was EXTREMELY happy to see "Religious Sandy" (Man, I HATE those nicknames!) leave. I don't even care enough to know their names, but if I had to pick, the Meg Ryan lookalike is my favorite. She brought a drool to my mouth dancing around the Danny's last night.
As for the Dannys, I guess I'm alone in the "Hate-Max" club. I'd be happy with anyone except him. He's just so scrawny and dorky looking with those Dumbo-esque ears. No matter how well he sings and/or dances, I think I would walk out of a performance with him as Danny. Seeing him pretend to box was laughable, and laugh I did.

...just my one and five-seventeenth cents.

kidflash212 4352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-05-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful."
You're not alone - I too think Max is completely wrong for Danny. Is the character of Eugene in the play? He would fit that part.

Agman2 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-12-15, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jeez, this show is dreadful."
Actually, I think Max is perfect for the part of Danny.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •