The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"March 18th episode - Finals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Grease: You're the One That I Want Forum (Protected)
Original message

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-18-07, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"March 18th episode - Finals"
Wow, is anybody still watching? The weather here was great. How was the weather where you are? Ate at the Elephant Bar today and it was ever so tasty.

Okay - I'm glad that Derek and Allie are gone. That leaves my two favorites, Max and Laura.

I thought they both shined in the solo and duet sections. What was interesting about the duet sections was how the voices blended -

Austin & Ashley - didn't blend very well and zero chemistry
Max & Laura - great blend and great chemistry
Austin & Ashley - good blend and so-so chemistry
Max & Ashley - good blend and so-so chemistry

That leaves Max and Laura as the only possible combination. Yayyy!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals Loree 03-19-07 1
   RE: March 18th episode - Finals emydi 03-21-07 13
       RE: March 18th episode - Finals sharnina 03-21-07 14
       RE: March 18th episode - Finals Loree 03-22-07 16
           RE: March 18th episode - Finals emydi 03-22-07 17
               RE: March 18th episode - Finals Loree 03-23-07 20
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals bullzeye 03-19-07 2
   RE: March 18th episode - Finals PagongRatEater 03-19-07 7
       RE: March 18th episode - Finals KeithFan 03-23-07 18
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals catsnotkids 03-19-07 3
   RE: March 18th episode - Finals Loree 03-19-07 4
       RE: March 18th episode - Finals nogwart 03-19-07 5
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals Pretty_Kitty 03-19-07 6
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals KObrien_fan 03-19-07 8
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals sedonajade 03-20-07 9
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals trigirl 03-20-07 10
   RE: March 18th episode - Finals emydi 03-21-07 11
       RE: March 18th episode - Finals sharnina 03-21-07 12
       RE: March 18th episode - Finals KObrien_fan 03-22-07 15
 RE: March 18th episode - Finals dragonflies 03-23-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-07, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
I'm still watching.

I think it was no surprise that Allie went home. It was a little more interesting where the guys came in the vote. I think that Austin got alot of the Chad voters. That was how he went from bottom 2 up to first. Now who will the Derrick voters switch to?

Laura seems to have chemistry with both the guys. Where Ashley doesn't really have chemistry with either. I started out liking Ashley. But I just don't see the innocence in her that Sandy needs. She seems to already be the character Sandy becomes at the end.

And since I do not like Max as Danny. I hope Austin wins. Max would be great as one of the TBirds. But he just is not convincing to me as the Leader of the Gang. I found myself smiling when Austin and Laura were paired at the end. While the others just didn't do it for me.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
How do you know Austin was first? Bush just said it was 1% difference in Max and Austin vote totals...imo Austin was just told first not nec first in votes

03-21-07, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
That's how I understood it, too, Emy. Billy didn't say who was ahead - just that there was only a 1% difference between their totals.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV TONIGHT!

03-22-07, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
Don't they tell the person that has the most votes that they are safe before the others? They stated that one week. Austin was told he was safe before Max and Derrick.

03-22-07, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
I don't remember them ever saying that and I don't think that they would...

03-23-07, 04:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
Well maybe I misheard something. Or I am assuming things. For some reason I thought that was what it meant. I guess since they were so close in votes it really doesn't matter.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-19-07, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
Yep - still watching - invested too many hours to cut bait now.

I was disappointed that Derek was not final two - I thought he had the most chemistry of the remaining Danny's. I think Austin is way too wooden, and while I like Max, just don't see him as a realistic Danny.

I was also disappointed that Allie was voted off, though less suprised than I was with Derek. That said, I really like Laura and think she will be the next Sandy.

A birthday present from Tribe

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
You hit the nail on the head for me. The only issue that I have with Laura is that she is a semi-pro Sandy already, but either gal would make a great Sandy. Neither guy really works for me on all the levels.

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labour to subvert these great Pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and citizens. The mere Politician, equally with the pious man ought to respect and to cherish them." - President Washington's farewell address.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-07, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
If you're wondering about the "pro" thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

http://www.chanhassentheatres.com/

While it is above performing at the Six Flags, it's waaaay off Broadway. I've been there though, nice place.

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
Starting with the women: Ashley just doesn't have "it". She looks the part but doesn't bring any charisma to the stage, at least not when she's up against Laura, who is a real pro.

Max is totally unconvincing to me. He is weak all around and he is NOT a sex-symbol, which Danny is supposed to be. Sexy, hot, not big-eared and small-eyed little boy looking. I'm sorry to be harsh, but let's be real here. He also has no where near the stage presence as Austin does.

Austin and Laura nailed it, for me. I was surprised to hear the judges say Max is their Danny. Good luck for them selling that show on Broadway.

03-19-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
4. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
I wondered if the judges were saying Max because they were responding to the screaming from the young girls in the crowd. The very young girls seem to like Max. Although I don't think they are the ones that will be buying all those Broadway tickets.

Max reminds me of Pee Wee Herman trying to be sexy. I just think he is so miscast as Danny.

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-19-07, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
For this show alone, I'm finally glad I've been watching. I think all four finalists gave their best performances of the season.

The "Sandy"s:
Wow, way too close to call. They both did very well. If I add my own personal preference, though, I lean more toward Ashley, because of raw looks and sex appeal. Also, when they replayed the girls' solos, I thought Ashley's voice control was ever-so-slightly better.

The "Danny"s:
No contest here. While they were very close in their technical vocal abilities (on key, no voice cracks), in every other comparison, Austin is the clear choice.
Looks: Austin (Max is dorky and wimpy looking).
Toughness: Austin (Either of the Sandys could beat up Max).
Leadership: Austin (Follow Max? Come on. Guys like Max got wedgies and "Kick Me" signs on their backs in school).
Sexy: Austin (There is simply NO WAY either Sandy would give Max the time of day).
"Manly" vocals: Austin (Max's voice often sounds childish).

And lastly,
Their "Vote For Me" video & plea: At least Austin maintained some dignity. Max could barely speak through the tears. Pathetic.

But, hey, just my opinion. The judges CLEARLY want Max and Laura, and I won't lose any sleep either way. The fact that it was "live" kept me interested, waiting for the inevitable screw-up which surprisingly never came. I've got to give all congrats for that. I did genuinely enjoy the show this week.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
Im rooting for Laura I like her voice better but wouldnt be upset if Ashley won.
Im not a big fan of either guy but during the vote for me plea I was totally turned off by Max's crying it seemed like bad acting. really bad acting. He's not a believable Danny to me.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-07, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
I can't believe the judges all want Max, ew! He was not compatible with either girl and when he kissed Ashley she cringed and pulled away from him early and looked like she was about to puke. When he was telling his boohoo childhood story, I almost puked. Max has come a long way, but he is no Danny.

I still dislike Austin but now that Derek is gone, he is my choice by default.

Laura will make a great Sandy and will be very successful.

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

sedonajade 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-20-07, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sedonajade Click to send private message to sedonajade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
I'm in the minority here, I guess, because I've grown to like Max for the role, despite being one of my least favorite male contestants at the beginning. Yes, he's unconventional looking and both girls are far more attractive than he is, but there is something there, some quality that makes him appealing, especially when he smiles and relaxes into the character. And I thought that his chemistry with Laura was greater than Austin's with Ashley (no chemistry between Max and Ashley and only adequate chemistry between Laura and Austin).

I feel that Max has made big strides throughout the competition and have no doubts that he could continue to improve right up to the moment the curtain goes up. On the other hand, Austin has impressed me less and less as time has passed.

As for Ashley and Laura, well, they are both good but they both have their down-sides. Laura seems to be trying a bit too hard and while Ashley looks good and sounds good, she doesn't seem to connect with the music or the audience as much as I think she needs to.

So, I'm with the judges -- in the end, I'd rather see Laura and Max on that 'Grease' stage than I would Ashley and Austin.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-20-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
Max and Laura for me.

I think that Max could be a modern Danny. Not so much the 60's conventional heartthrob but more of the bad boy slacker-greaser of today. He has already made quite a transformation, wait until a personal trainer and some tweezers get a hold of him.

Laura is a real talent. I have enjoyed every one of her performances and haven't had to cringe once. Every other conpetitor has made me cringe as some point or another!

03-21-07, 08:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
I agree with the Max and Laura voters...and I actually voted for them and their lines were both busy about 1/2 the time!

I did not know that palsy thing about Max but I noticed that before he told his story his right eye was droopy and I had never really noticed that...I wonder if he has times where the palsy acts up and he finally told us..or he could have did it for sympathy vote...but I was going to vote for him anyway.

I agree trigirl, Max is the new Danny. I am actually thinking of going to see this in NY if Max and Laura win. KT will join me

tribey is my American Idol!

03-21-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
12. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
Bell's Palsy is caused by an injury to one of the cranial nerves. It heals and is not a recurring condition (unless there is a re-injury).

Here's a good site to read more.

http://www.bellspalsy.ws/

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
I am actually thinking of going to see this in NY if Max and Laura win. KT will join me

How about June? We could do a double broadway weekend that includes Phantom of the Opera and Grease.

I love NY in June, how about you?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: March 18th episode - Finals"
My DVR erased it from Sunday, but I saw a rebroadcast on Bravo last night.

For me, Laura is the hands down choice. She has a great voice, lots of passion and vulnerability, and makes a believable Sandy.

The guys, I am torn on. I really like Max, but I agree he doesn't LOOK like Danny. I used to like Austin, but I think he is just too full of himself. And his arms really really bother me.

I didn't think either variation of either couple had great chemistry. Neither kiss was anything believable. But I did think Austin & Laura were more believable duing their number.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •