The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"May 17 - Season Finally...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Grey's Anatomy Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-07, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"May 17 - Season Finally...."
Ok....that just sucked and could it get any more suckier?

Burke, George, and Addison leaving is the worst thing that will ever happen to this show and then adding Meridith's sister (the woman who hit on McDreamy)......I see this show fading out really quick. They've killed all the story lines all at once...for what? To start over? They've ruined my fav couple Christina/Burke plus George/Calli...McDreamy and Meridith I could care less about but he gets Chief and then turns it down and then kills his own relationship. Eva/Rachael/Alex is dead now too.....

Why not plant a bomb and blow up the whole set because the only good thing is the Chief will be back.

What a sucky ending and there seems to be nothing to look forward to for next season. These nitwits don't have the brains or the mentality to be surgeons.....ugggggggg.....I maybe done with this and it all started with them killing Meridith and it's been going down hill from there.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... byoffer 05-18-07 1
   RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... ulalame 05-18-07 13
   RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... agman 05-18-07 15
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... djandy 05-18-07 2
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... aquariaqueen 05-18-07 3
   RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... agman 05-18-07 16
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... FlowerChild 05-18-07 4
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... sisyphus 05-18-07 5
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... ohmyheck 05-18-07 6
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... Breezy 05-18-07 7
   RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... jkokoj 05-18-07 8
       RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... Breezy 05-18-07 9
           RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... CTgirl 05-18-07 11
               RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... Breezy 05-21-07 18
                   RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... HobbsofMI 05-21-07 19
                       RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... Breezy 05-21-07 20
                           RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... HobbsofMI 05-22-07 21
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... danajo 05-18-07 10
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... flipxcyd 05-18-07 12
   RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... aquariaqueen 05-18-07 14
       RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... agman 05-18-07 17
 RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... MKitty 05-22-07 22
   RE: May 17 - Season Finally.... agman 05-22-07 23
 The writer's blog moonbaby 05-29-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-07, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I'm sorry, but I can't comment on last night's show. It gave me nightmares. I just can't get the picture of Christina with no eyebrows out of my head!

I will agree that the stroy lines will change without those characters. I can do without Burke, but George has been the glue and Addison is so easy on the eyes.

What this show does have is a lot of characters, and I am sure they will add some new ones next season. A sad reality of TV (and real life) is that people leave. Cheers lost Diane, and even MASH lost a few key characters over the years. I think GA can recover from the turnover.

(but I would rather see Meredith leave than Addison!)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-07, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
Agree 100%. That was the suckiest finale I've ever seen. What do they think they are, Dallas?

I don't get the rationale for the discord between Meridith and McDreamy? Didn't we go through this already?

And just no need to diss Dr. Baily -- I thought the whole lead up was that she was going to be given cheif surgeon (however unlikely that would have been), but to outright diss her? And give Calliope the job? With no explanation? Ugh.

With runaway brides, etc., this show just fast-forwarded to ER in it's 10th season -- went from good to horrible overnight. So silly.

P.S. I think the new show for Dr. Addison looked really stupid, myself. How is it that she's a reasonable serious person on one show, and they turn her into an infantile idiot on another? All the characters on the new show seem flakey and lacking in any depth to me.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-07, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."

I really like Addison and am sick to death of Merideth and her stupid on again, off again fling with mcdreamy! I'm very sorry to see George leave, I would much rather see Christina go. Last night's episode was a total disaster(kinda like AI! )I'm really not excited about what will happen next year because all anyone is doing is destroying what they have! I use to like the way the show was written, but now they have gotten way to far off track with too many bad things happening at once. Here's to hoping they get back to what made this such a great show! I also agree with the yoffer: Keep Addison, ditch Meredith.

I know everything, except the things I don't know

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-18-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
So is Meredith's sister her half-sister (daughter of her father and Susan)? How old was Meredith when her parents divorced? How much younger is her sister?

djandy

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-18-07, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-07 AT 10:15 AM (EST)

Wow....what did they have, about 24 storylines going?

~Surprised that George failed the test.

~Calliope Torres, MD is Chief Resident

~Will Callie be pregnant?

~Bailey, I felt so bad for her.

~"Momma stole my eyebrows"

~Christina grieving at the end...

~Burke was probably right.

~Meredith, damn, does she ever get a break, and does she deserve one?

~Adele pregnant with Richard's baby? How far along was she? My timeline doesn't match theirs.

~Loved how Adele told Richard that the baby was his. It was a boy.

~Mountain climber putting the other guy "out of his misery".

~Bailey grabbing George's arm at the end.

~Preview of the new characters for next year.

~Alexis Grey!

~Eva asking for a reason to stay.

~Addison convincing Korev to go after her.

Holy cow, and now I have to wait 4 months to see how they make this all work???

05-18-07, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."

They have too many story lines going on to give you a chance to care too much about any of them. What makes it worse is that all the story lines are in a downer right now so you can't be happy with anything that's happening on the show right now. Combine this with the fact that George and Addison will be gone(I don't give a rat's a$$ about Burke) and I see nothing positive with the show right now. Having said that....I will most definitely be watching again next season with my fingers crossed

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-18-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
Ugh...sucky suckfest.

The ONLY part I really enjoyed was when Calie told Izzy what a 'Big Day' it had been. And then to go on to say, "we tried today actually". I liked that. I could almost feel Calie's satisfaction.

I'm mad that George failed.

I'm mad that Bailey isn't chief.

I'm mad that Alex didn't find Ava.

I'm disturbed at the image of Christina's eyebrowless face.

I'm disturbed at the fact that there maybe yet ANOTHER whiny Grey - one that hits on McDreamy, no less.

I just KNEW when we heard Burke's vows that we weren't going to hear them again.

Meredith, get a grip. It's YOUR fault that you are loosing McDreamy.

I just KNEW Adel's baby was Richard's. I hope they get back together.

This episode - the season finale, no less - was totally unsettling. I'm not happy. I don't want new characters. I don't want new interns.

I'm afraid this show will go downhill - just like Saved By the Bell - college years. Dumb.

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I have to agree but this finale sucked bricks....I was really happy that burke called of the wedding and then left christina....this girl could not make up her mind...it's really pretty simmple either you want to get married or you don't....there is no "I think"....then bawling...pretty over done....and what with I am free bit....wasn't she the one that went after burke....I guess she wanted a free ride to becoming a cardiac surgeon by riding his coattail just like she got through medical school on the coattails of the professor she was shagging....still the most interesting character on the show...

Then there is meredith telling McDreamy that he should tell her...tell her he does not want to see her anymore yet after the man puts his heart on his sleeve she rips it off and stomps on it....girl deserves to be dumped and for her sister no less....but what's up with these grey girls going after McDreamy.....

Then there is izzie pining after another woman's husband right infront of that woman....even after the guy has pretty much rejected you...you keep ing back for more....put yourself in callie's shoes for a moment wold you ...and stop mopng around....

Is this how girls really behave in the real world....if so then no wonder gays who would want to deal with all the drama...oh sorry this is a tv show......

that enough of a rant for me

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-07, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I would just like to take this time to point out that I was right about girl in bar. I found this episode to be sub-standard.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-07, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I wish they had atleast given us ONE happy ending. This finale was just depressing, way too many downers.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-18-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
Breezy it was depressing as He!!

I have a question...I know Addison gets the spinoff show. But are Burke and George really leaving the show? I could do without Burke too, but George is a huge part of what made this click.

On a side note I am actually excited about Addison's new part. I liked the preview show and the characters there.

05-18-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I think the rumor is they're both coming back.

Here's the writer's blog entry for last night... she explains why she burnt down everything.

http://www.greyswriters.com/

Also she answers my question about McSteamy.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
Thanks for posting Sondra Rhimes' blog - it was very interesting. Now maybe I can watch the last few weeks (I have them taped). After reading what you all have posted recently, I haven't been running to my VCR to watch the show!!

Maybe she burnt everything down because she realized the story lines were going in the wrong direction! This season was disappointing.

05-21-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
18. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I found this season, that I had to run to the writer blog and read why why why they did something. It helped this season not be so blucky, for me anyway.

05-21-07, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
For Lost or Heroes...I can see going to a blog or the site to help fill in the blanks....but Grey's????

Nope, sorry...it's not suppose to get that deep and everything should be able to be explained during the show. I think we've found why this show really took a down turn this season...they are thinking way to much and are trying to make things way to deep.

05-21-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I don't mind the deep, I watch enough reality tv to get my quota of fluff.

05-22-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
21. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
Yes...reality tv is real fluffy......

But Grey's was a great comedic drama but now that the writer has decided to blow it up and get way deep when they decided to drown Meredeth and then bring her back from the dead. Though seeing Bomb guy and Denny was nice.

I just don't see why they did what they did because they were doing so well and now....will it just become another ER or go back to what made it the hit that it was. I read a few of the blogs and I'm thinking she is getting full of herself too much...

danajo 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-18-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail danajo Click to send private message to danajo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
I soooo agree.........We were so disappointed in the finale....My favorite couple Burke/Christina are dead.....UGGGGGG...I love them...
Why bother watching next season....But we will!!!!

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-18-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
The ep was alright, but there are so many storylines, it was time to cut the fat. You can count me in the camp that is happy the Burke/Christina story is over.

I'm more interested to find out what happens with Izzie/Callie/George storyline.

Mere and Dere just needs to break up already. Dere is too soft for Mere's hardened character.

So, it looks like Addison is definitely OUT. Burke is possibly gone. George isn't leaving. He still has Izzie and Callie to deal with.

What IRKS me is that Callie got the chief's job. That's my WTF of the day of season finales.

My other WTF is how the interns were in their first year and they're taking their exams. I thought they were in it for 2 years?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-18-07, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
>My other WTF is how the
>interns were in their first
>year and they're taking their
>exams. I thought they
>were in it for 2
>years?

Not sure what you meant, but these interns have been in the program for two whole series, plus.

05-18-07, 09:52 PM (EST)
17. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
AQ it's called dramatic license. They had to figure out a way to write george out. What better way than to have him fail his exams and have to quit. This also leaves the door open if they ever decide to bring him back. You are correct that take them after 2 years

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-22-07, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
O.M.G...Hobbs...you have read my mind. I agree with your assessment 100 percent. The whole time I was watching this show I was humming the theme from Jaws! Shark, please meet Jump

I really hated so many things about this finale, but suffice to say you summed them up perfectly. The Lexie Grey moment was the icing on the cake...I almost ran screaming out of the room at that point!

And to think I used to really like this show for its wit and its storylines....

05-22-07, 10:23 PM (EST)
23. "RE: May 17 - Season Finally...."
that show just got worse and worse all season. I'm glad it's done. Maybe they can go back to the drawing board and bring it back to the way it use to be.....

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-07, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "The writer's blog"
I have posted, or tried to a couple of times and my comments never seem to meet whatever standard they have there. So what if I said last season I was so sick of the Mer/Der on again off again that they should just kill Meredith, and then they tried to drown her? Pffft! I was ahead of my time!

Like many others on that blog I recently expressed unhappiness with SO MUCH unhappiness. Am I disgusted enough to cross it off the list? Are you? I'll tune in to see how it goes next season, but if there's more overload of dark and twisty there's no telling if it will make the cut.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •