The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"April 30 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Heroes Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"April 30 Episode"
The morning guys just got off the phone with HRG....he said we'll be seeing him in the future tonight. No other hints.

They have an interesting writing process. One writer will write just for that character and then it goes to an episode writer who puts it all together. Then the head writers take a look at it and decide what goes on TV and what goes into the on-line comic. Thus why there are new info in both and they use the comic to fill in the blanks because they just don't have enough TV time and they want to keep things moving.

They are done shooting for the year and he can't wait for next year and they have a lot more beyond NYC blowing up.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: April 30 Episode silentJ 04-30-07 1
 RE: April 30 Episode Seana 05-01-07 2
   RE: April 30 Episode silentJ 05-01-07 3
   RE: April 30 Episode flipxcyd 05-01-07 4
   RE: April 30 Episode HobbsofMI 05-01-07 5
       RE: April 30 Episode emydi 05-01-07 12
           RE: April 30 Episode HobbsofMI 05-01-07 20
               RE: April 30 Episode silentJ 05-02-07 21
                   RE: April 30 Episode HobbsofMI 05-02-07 22
               RE: April 30 Episode trigirl 05-03-07 24
   RE: April 30 Episode mrc 05-01-07 15
   RE: April 30 Episode Seana 05-01-07 17
 RE: April 30 Episode Bebo 05-01-07 6
   RE: April 30 Episode geg6 05-01-07 7
       RE: April 30 Episode emydi 05-01-07 11
           RE: April 30 Episode udg 05-01-07 13
 RE: April 30 Episode newsomewayne 05-01-07 8
   RE: April 30 Episode HobbsofMI 05-01-07 9
       RE: April 30 Episode newsomewayne 05-01-07 10
 RE: April 30 Episode cipher5150 05-01-07 14
   RE: April 30 Episode J I M B O 05-01-07 16
       This weeks comic: HobbsofMI 05-01-07 19
       Dream Sequence trigirl 05-03-07 23
           RE: Dream Sequence J I M B O 05-03-07 25
               RE: Dream Sequence cipher5150 05-03-07 26
                   RE: Dream Sequence geg6 05-05-07 27
 Amazing episode! moonbaby 05-01-07 18
 RE: April 30 Episode dragonflies 05-07-07 28
   RE: April 30 Episode trigirl 05-07-07 29
       RE: April 30 Episode dragonflies 05-07-07 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-30-07, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: April 30 Episode"
WOW!!!

That was the best hour of television I have seen in years. The series premire of LOST is the only thing close. I didn't think writers that good still worked in television. I wonder if this is the framework for the next 5 seasons or if they really are dropping this entire storyline for next year.

So we have a rough picture of who survives the blast and who doesn't. I wonder how acurate it will be. It would be cool if by changing the future they made it worse, although I don't see how that would be possible.

and we have a new catch question for the week...

WHAT THE &#?! DOES MOLLY DO?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Would anyone care to summarise this episode for me? I am a stupid moron and forgot it was Monday. My cousin didn't tape it, so I'm SOL until it plays in repeats over the summer.

Thank-you very much in advance.

Prettiness by tribe

05-01-07, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: April 30 Episode"
If you have realible internet access, you really should go to the NBC website and watch it online tomorrow. There are 3-4 mind blowing twists that are best left unspoiled until you watch.

If you want a quick overview though....

Hiro explains to Hiro why saving Claire was so important. Nathan is now the president and has instituted mutant registration under "The Linderman Act". Hiro starts tracking down the mutants that can help him, and we find out who survived the blast and who didn't. At least one person survived thanks to someone named Molly (in next weeks preview we learn Molly is a little girl). Big multihero fight at the end, then Hiro returns to the present with a plan to kill Syler he found in Issacs last comic book.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-01-07, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Seana,

Check out the SciFi channel for repeats. They might be airing them again after the season is over or even maybe during the season. Good luck...BTW, tape sucks...go Tivo/DVR!

05-01-07, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: April 30 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-07 AT 06:27 AM (EST)

Great show....watch on-line...should be up even now...

I was blown away by this episode...so should we start a list of who is dead and who is alive?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: April 30 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-07 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

well didn't Hiro ask HRG to tell him where some of them were to help with the breakin at Homeland Security? I know he said DL (did he say Micah also?) Nikki (who plays Jessica the stripper) thinks Micah is dead from NY blast.

Did Sylar have to kill each of the people he had powers the same as? Are there multiple Heroes with same power? or are they all different?

If so, he killed DL (go thru walls), woman who assumes other people (he posed as Nathan), Nathan (he flew to Homeland Security from remembrance ceremony).

Ando (not a hero but Bada$$ Hiro is trying to save him)

and ? was Candice Clair's cheerleading friend that Sylar killed instead? When Sylar was killing future Claire, he said the name Candice...

OH from JohnMc thread.Candice is the assume the body chick...Sylar killed her...DOH

05-01-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
20. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Don't forget HRG was shot by Matt....I'm assuming he is dead and was it chameleon chick that was died on the floor?

I thought Peter said to Jessica that DL and Micah died in the blast and she had to move on but Sylar did have DL's power.

05-02-07, 04:23 AM (EST)
21. "RE: April 30 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-07 AT 06:12 AM (EST)

Sylar killed, at the least, DL (phasing) Candice (morphing) and Nathan (flying) and Nucular Guy (nukehands fight with Peter), plus he now has regeneration from Claire. The thing to wonder about is did Peter meet Linderman so that he can bring Hiro back to life?

05-02-07, 08:29 AM (EST)
22. "RE: April 30 Episode"
I think from the on-line comic Linderman can save people who are hurt/dying but alive. Once they are dead he can't help them. Remember the plant was dying but not totally died.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-03-07, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: April 30 Episode"
was it chameleon chick that was died on the floor?

It was Hanna (Wireless) who was dead on the floor.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: April 30 Episode"
The new episodes also rerun on SciFi on Firday evenings.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Thank-you everyone! I'll try to watch online (I've been busy at the school today.) Being Canadian, we don't get Sci-Fi and being on basic cable, we don't even get Space (our Sci-Fi). I don't think they play repeats of Heroes anyway, since Space and Global are owned by different companies.

Prettiness by tribe

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Oh.my. Can't even make it to the third word of that phrase because that episode was so freakin' good.

When I heard they were going to jump ahead, I was worried about it being gimmicky. No way. That was terrific plot development.

And I thought I was an Adrian Pasdar fan before, but he was awesome last night. I kept wondering why oh why he was acting so strangely - like Nathan, but not really like Nathan. Then we found out why, and it made so much sense. No wonder the future's scary...with Sylar as president, how could it be anything else?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Yup. Just yup. I'm speechless and you said what I feel.

Adrian Pasdar. *swoon*

He's completely awesome.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
This show is so well-written that it just blows me away. I bow to the writers' brilliance.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: April 30 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-07 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

That was a complete surprise to me bc I could see Nathan being that pragmatic...but what's Matt's excuse and for that matter, Haitian and Mohinder?!? At least Mohinder finally came around.. But the Haitian dude...he was so nice to Claire...

Future Peter (he looked like just like Neo from the Matrix he even had the coat!) and Hiro (deeper voice)were complete BAD A$$es TOO!!! Did we ever see how Peter got the scar?

I agree, this was the best hour of tv I have seen in forever!!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-01-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: April 30 Episode"
I wonder if the Haitian wasn't working for Nathan's mom. If she doesn't know that Nathan is dead...

The Haitian apparently did some really bad things before saving Claire, so it's not unreasonable to expect that he'd continue to be willing to do so now, especially if he didn't save Claire out of the "kindness of his heart", but because he was getting orders from what's-her-face.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Something I'm worried about though...If Hiro does manage to kill Sylar and/or stop the Peter-bomb from destroying New York, will the next season have that Bobby-Ewing--it-was-all-a-dream feeling? You know, kind of a "I watched all this to go right back to where we were before" kind of thing.

Sigs by Bob! For the discerning palate!

05-01-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
9. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Peter has Clair's power so he can survive the bomb where Sylar can't until he kills chameleon women and kills Nathan and assumes his identity then kills Clair. Where the heck is Linderman in the future? Did he die too by Sylar or the bomb? Sylar also has DL's power....so I think he is still killing people and taking powers over and over...thus why he wants to kill all of them now.

I don't think it will be a dream...but more the multiple layers of space time continuum and different time lines....etc. So there is plenty of ways to go....maybe Sylar kills Hiro and then he is trying to turn it back to were he live and the rest die...they would have to be guard all the time.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Well, I didn't mean a dream specifically. I just used that as a reference to signify the big let down for Dallas fans when Patrick Duffy's character 'came back to life'. It happened in the season finale and made the whole season a waste to watch because everything went back to the way it was when it began.

I'm just hoping they (meaning the writers, producers, etc.)don't do too much time jumping to change things because that would take away too much continuity in a series/genre where continuity can mean everything.

Sigs by Bob! For the discerning palate!

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-01-07, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: April 30 Episode"
That was an amazing episode!!!

Of course it left me with lots of questions but the one that is really bugging me is why Peter has that big scar on his face when he has the power to heal himself. We've never had any sign that he or Claire could control that power - it always appears to be automatic and beyond their control - so why the scar? Not that he doesn't look awesome with it!

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: April 30 Episode"

I wondered the same thing about the scar. Must be a reason for it not healing. (H of MI, have you seen anything in the comics about the scar?)

One other thing I wondered about was in the "dream" sequence Isaac was with Claire. If that was meant to be the future, then the future (as originally laid out) has ALREADY changed since he's dead. It also explained the strange look on Nathan's face in the dream sequence...cuz by then Sylar may already have been impersonating him.

And Hiro *was* successful in getting the cheerleader saved, which is likely a part of what is starting to change things. It won't prevent the bomb though until Sylar is dead. I wonder though, if there are multiple futures and Hiro can go back to the past and change things...what if Sylar, in some *version* of the future absorbed Hiro's power and just went back a little further to ensure his preferred sequence of events? Gets a bit mindbending eh?

And I'm curious why Sylar would choose to let the Haitian and Mindreader live. We know for certain now that Haitian is able to suppress powers, so maybe that's why he's safe, but as turned on as Sylar is with absorbing powers wouldn't he lust over the ability to read people's thoughts??? All I can think is that at some point he realized he would need some henchmen (as he hasn't found the ability to be omnipresent), and figured who better than some fellow mutants.

Great angle overall for the ep. Really could examine our Heroes and put them in situations that the current storyline doesn't allow. Can do any sort of what if scenario and yet anyone who dies, or succeeds, doesn't necessarily have to wind up that way.

Very well done! (But I still like last week better.)

05-01-07, 08:07 PM (EST)
19. "This weeks comic:"
This weeks comic has F_Peter helping F_Hiro rescue about 200 people they have in a prison about a year after the bomb. Peter meets Jessica for the first time here as she is locked behind a much stronger door than the other prisoners who are in cells. As the leave there are 3 new Heroes and Homeland security there as they spring their trap. Then it ends. One new Hero has F_Hiro by the neck off the ground, one has lighting/electricity coming from him and one is flying.

05-03-07, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Dream Sequence"
One other thing I wondered about was in the "dream" sequence Isaac was with Claire.

When was this?

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-07, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Dream Sequence"

the 'vision' peter had when he first started to suspect he was the bomb. they included a clip during the episode (or during the hour...don't remember if it was part of the show or bumper material), and there was isaac running with claire as peter was about to blow up.

of course, we don't really know how much of that vision was intended to portray the future.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Dream Sequence"
My head is spinning! When do the DVD's come out...I need to start over! *sigh*

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-07, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Dream Sequence"
I just read in EW that they are going to make it so you can just watch an individual character's story arc on the DVDs.

That would be cool and informative, I think.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-07, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Amazing episode!"
I can't add much more to what's been discussed-just wanted to add WOW! Best thing on tv in a long long time.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Finally watched it over the weekend. Loved it! One other question, since Peter saved Claire, how was Sylar able to survive the bomb, since he hadn't absorbed Claire's regeneration powers? So how did the future happen the way it did? Or can Hiro travel to parallel times too?

05-07-07, 09:19 AM (EST)
29. "RE: April 30 Episode"
Sylar didn't have to survive the bomb because he was not the bomber. Peter was....who has Claire's power.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: April 30 Episode"
My head hurts.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •