The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Office Pool - Second Chances Entry Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-23-15, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Office Pool - Second Chances Entry Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-15 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

Week 1 ~ “Second Chance”

Welcome my friends -- guppies and sharks --- do you remember the Office Pool? A throwback from days and boards gone by? It is time for this game to rear its ugly head for Season 31 of Survivor. I am pleased to bring you The Office Pool: Second Chances!

Jump on in … the water’s fine! There is NO sign up for this game this season. If you want to play in the POOL, just dive right in here and now!!!

This game will continue to remain quite simple. Like most Office Pools, all you have to do to get by each week is pick a survivor. Just don't pick the survivor who is voted out and you will do just fine!

Each week, I may or may not provide you with several opportunites to earn additional bonus points. These will be very easy and will depend on actions that your survivor might perform or take part in during the week’s episode.

For the “over-achievers” among us, there may be other opportunities to gain those highly sought-after bonus points that just might put you a step ahead of the rest of the pack!! So pay attention!

So come on in friends, gather round the Office water cooler, and let me explain how the The Office Pool: Second Chances is played.

The Rules:

1. Each week, the Hostess will post the week’s Entry Thread at Random times. Your job will be to post in this thread - the sooner, the better. The picking will be in a musical chairs-type fashion – first come, first pick and so on. ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE BY 7:30 PM EST ON THE DAY THE SHOW AIRS. If you do not make a pick, you will be eliminated from the game. If you must be out of town for some reason and cannot make your pick, please pm me in advance with your top three pick choices and I will make your pick for you. You may do this ONCE a season. If you have to ask me to do it a second time, it will cost you 50 pts. A third time will cost you 100 pts., and so on. Just put a survivor's name in your subject line. Pick the Survivor who you think will earn the most points for the week WITHOUT quitting the show or getting voted out at Tribal Council.

2. Scoring: You will get points if your survivor wins a team or individual Immunity; wins a team or individual Reward; is selected by the Reward winner to share in the reward; finds a hidden Immunity Idol; delivers an elimination vote; and for every confessional your survivor has. You will receive an additional bonus if you correctly guess the number of confessionals your Survivor has each week. This bonus is called the “Hit the Nail on the Head Bonus.” When counting confessionals, the Hostess counts each time the survivor is shown talking directly to the camera (with or without their name shown).

You will also have the opportunity to win or lose Bonus points throughout the season through random actions that your survivor may do during the episode. You will lose points if your survivor gets votes without being eliminated, has no confessionals or does something random that the Hostess has said will earn negative points for the week. Please note, the Hostess is prone to use hidden clues for random additional bonuses, so it is imperative that players be extra alert and watchful for hidden bonus points at all times.

3. If your survivor gets voted out or quits, you are eliminated from the game. Always. There will be no Immunity.

4. I will post the entry threads at random times some time before the Wednesday before the show.

5. Points and Leaderboards will be explained and posted each week by yours truly in a prompt manner.

6. This game can be played by only 20 people. Therefore, each Survivor may be picked only once. Once the last survivor has been picked, the game is closed to new players. If all survivors have not been picked by week 1, than new players can jump in any time after that as long as there are still survivors who have not been picked.

7. Once you pick a survivor, you may not change your pick.. So be alert! If you do this, than you shall receive a 50-point penalty.

8. Occasional discrepancies or oversights in scoring are few and far between, but sometimes can and do occur. If you have a concern or question about your score, kindly PM the Hostess. You will find me very open and usually agreeable.

These are the rules. Consider this the FIRST ENTRY THREAD and jump on in!

The Week's BONUS Points:

+50 Your Survivor finds a Hidden Immunity Idol
+35 Your Survivor says the name of the episode
+25 Your Survivor is the first survivor shown in the credits for his or her tribe. If they are not separated by tribes in the credits, than points will only be given to the first survivor shown in the credits.
+15 Your survivor is exiled
-25 Your survivor finishes last in a challenge race

For an additional 50 pt. Bonus, please post the answer to this question in your posts.

The survivors will be first shown arriving by:
a. Land
b. Air
c. Sea

The Official Survivors who can be picked:

TAKEO:

Abi-Maria / Peih-Gee / Shirin / Kelley Wentworth / Kelly Wigglesworth
Woo / Terry / Spencer / Jeff / Vytas

BAYON:

Ciera / Kass / Monica / Kimmi / Tasha
Jeremy / Joe / Andrew / Keith / Stephen

First come, first serve! Welcome to the Pool – it’s time to start swimming with the sharks! THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL WEEK ONE ENTRY THREAD! Don't bother signin' up -- JUMP IN!! Cannonball, Swan dive, it doesn’t matter. Last one in the pool receives a negative 25-point anti-bonus!

ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE BY 7:30 PM EST ON THE DAY THE SHOW AIRS. This game is still open to any new players who want to play. Just make a pick in the Pool!

Good luck all!

Welcome to the Pool, my friends! Here’s wishing you all a fun season in the Pool!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Kelly Wigglesworth Flowerpower1 09-23-15 1
 Stephen1 5cats 09-23-15 2
   RE: Stephen1 Scarlett O Hara 09-23-15 3
       RE: Stephen1 5cats 09-23-15 4
 Spencer Dusty2004 09-23-15 5
 Jeremy CTgirl 09-23-15 6
 Joe Scarlett O Hara 09-23-15 7
 Tasha coldbrewer 09-23-15 8
 Andrew personofinterest 09-23-15 9
 Monica tribephyl 09-23-15 10
 Keith Corvis7 09-23-15 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower1 893 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-23-15, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Kelly Wigglesworth"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-15 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

LOOK OUT BELOWWWWWW, FloPo is in MID AIR doing a cannon-ball dive feet first into the pool! Wooohooooo!

Bonus question: A. Land
Confessionals: 3

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

5cats 1143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-23-15, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Stephen1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-15 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

The survivors will be first shown arriving by:
c. land

5 confessionals

09-23-15, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Stephen1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-15 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

Welcome back FlowerPower and Past Office Pool Champ 5Cats!! It's good to have you both back in the pool!

5cats 1143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-23-15, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Stephen1"
havin' a wee cattail before the show. Thanks for bringing back The Pool Scarlett!

Dusty2004 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-23-15, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dusty2004 Click to send private message to Dusty2004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Spencer"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-15 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

By Sea

2 confessionals

Dusty

CTgirl 7463 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-15, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Jeremy"
Woo hoo! thanks for bringing the game back Scar!
*adjusts bathing suit before climbing up the 3 m board to dive in....

By Sea

3 confessionals

09-23-15, 04:48 PM (EST)
7. "Joe"
What the Heck! Think I'll give it a shot this year!!

Joe will have 3 confessionals.

Survivors are first seen arriving by land.

coldbrewer 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-15, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Tasha"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-15 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

EP: I knew I missed something.

Will arrive by sea

3 confessionals

personofinterest 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-15, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Andrew"
I will be doing the dog paddle tonight.

Andrew will have 2 confessionals.

and I vote for a land arrival to start.

tribephyl 11622 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-15, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Monica"
*pant*pant*pant*
*heavy breathing*
As I ... compose ... myself ...
*adjusts swimsuit*
I have to admit, being late is NOT my favorite thing in the world, so I apologize about a deadline I just didn't see.
But I often don't see lines...blurred or otherwise. between them? Sometimes. At the end of them? Not really.
Regardless, I'm here now, after running my a.s.s. off (hence the swimsuit adjustment), to join in on the phun!

Perfect swan dive into the glassy surface, barely leaving a ripple as to my entry...

Pooler: Monica
Bonus: c. Sea
Confessionals: 2

Corvis7 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-23-15, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis7 Click to send private message to Corvis7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Keith"
2 confessionals.

Land for the bonus question.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •