The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

kircon 3239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-14-12, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
Mabuhay kaibigan, you have found the longest running game at RTVW.

What's a PTTE, you ask? Well PTTE means:

"Picks To The End"

S25 PTTE: Philippines

End of the World Edition

Welcome Back!

As we approach what seems to be the End of the World, at least that’s what many cultures are telling us, I have decided to forgo all rules for the PTTE game, but one or two. Chaos seems to be erupting all around us. This season has been spoiled for months. I am not yet. I will be as soon as I make my list and post it in the Spoiler Free S25 PTTE game thread. Most of PTTE players do spoil, so I say go for it. Make your list and post it. Battle to the end of the game to take the sole title of S25 PTTE End of the World Winner.

So let’s start!

There are 18 Survivors trying to win a million dollars.

Who do you think will win?
Who will be the first Survivor kicked off?
Where will everyone else place?

Those are a few of the questions of this game.

To start this game you will need to

Post a list that reflects your prediction
about the ENTIRE boot order for the season.

Starting with the first castaway (#18)
& ending with the winner (#1).

Unless you play the Teal game.

This doesn't need to have any analysis,
although you're welcome to throw in anything you want...
this is a game and is intended to be fun.

To start you on your way here are your contestants:
(information from the CBS Site)

Tandang

Michael Skupin (50) White Lake, Mich. ~ Professional speaker, author and coach

Previous Finish: Survivor: The Australian Outback Medical Evacuation due to severe burns received after passing out into a fire from smoke inhalation.

3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, spontaneous and competitive.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To avenge a long-standing internal battle, wondering if I can win this game in spite of the changes and my 12 year absence. .. … And: 7 cars when they turn 16, 7 college educations, 7 weddings… I want to be there for my kids at all times when they need me.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: There is no other returning player in the history of this game with more to prove than me. I’ll find a way to win, whatever it takes! I won’t give up… ever, ever , ever, ever!

Abi-Maria Gomes (32) Los Angeles ~ Business Student

3 Words to Describe You: Driven, creative and charming.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The money!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I will bring my “A” game! I am strategic, I am athletic and I have an ability to persuade situations to my favor.

Artis Silvester (53) Terry Town, La. ~ Computer Engineer

3 Words to Describe You: Spontaneous (sometimes explosive), opinionated and competitive.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The million dollar prize and the chance for the experience of a lifetime. Plus, I’m tired of yelling and screaming at my TV about how the contestants are playing.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: When the odds are stacked against me that is when I shine the most. Although I’m definitely no angel, I believe I do have a guardian angel watching over me. No one has been more persistent than me to be on the show and it is because I know I can win if given the chance.

Lisa Whelchel (49) Dallas, Texas ~ Former TV Teen Star (“The Facts of Life”)

3 Words to Describe You: Quick-witted, sharp-minded and brave-hearted.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I LOVE the game and was born to play it. Plus, I want to meet Jeff Probst.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: My inherent make up is to assess the big picture goal, determine the steps to reach it, gain everything there is to learn about how to accomplish the goal, jump in with both feet, connect with other people’s strengths and never give up until the job is done.

Peter “Pete” Yurkowski (24) Holmdel, N.J. ~ Engineering Graduate

3 Words to Describe You: Crazy, funny, manipulative and intelligent.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to be the alpha male. This show is predominately about who is the leader of the pack and that’s me. I’ve been busy with school and graduation but now that’s all over. It’s my time to dominate this game and win it. Plus, I want a million dollars.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I take charge of situations and am willing to put my reputation on the line to manipulate and make it to the end. I am not on the island to make friends. I want to win. I have the athletic and intellectual means to conquer anything and anyone you throw at me.

Roberta “RC” Saint-Amour (27) New York, N.Y. ~ Investment Banker

3 Words to Describe You: Outgoing, headstrong and exuberant.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I have been a huge fan of “Survivor” since the beginning. I want to be on the show to win sole survivor and prove to myself that I can do it.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have the perfect combination of physical and mental strengths. I’m an athlete and have been a competitive swimmer since the age of 5. I hold a Masters All-American title, earned 12 top 10 national master’s records in the last four years, held numerous college and high school records. I ran a half Boston marathon without training and swam the English Channel. As an investment banker, I’m very analytical and have survived Wall Street and the fall of Bear Stearns.

Kalabaw

Jonathan Penner (50) Los Angeles, Calif. ~ Writer

Previous Finishes: “Survivor: Cook Island” – 14th out, 6th jury member. “Survivor: Micronesia” – medical evacuation due to knee infection.

3 Words to Describe You: Happy, prickly and funny.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The money. I have nothing more to prove or accomplish but winning.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Third time is a charm! If I can get past the first three or four votes I’m going all the way. Seriously!

Carter Williams (24) Shawnee, Kan. ~ Track Coach. I motivate and inspire.

3 Words to Describe You: Ambitious, inspiring (I’m a dreamer) and lighthearted.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Glory! All the people in my generation who say, “oh… I could win that show…” I say, “put up or shut up.” Including me.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: People enjoy me. I’m competitive but down to earth. I won’t slack off and I’m physically built like a lot of past winners.

Dana Lambert (32) Winston-Salem, N.C. ~ Cosmetologist

3 Words to Describe You: Energetic, well-rounded, family-oriented.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: For the experience and the money.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I think I have just the right amount of perceptiveness and social skills to succeed. I’m competitive and my life experiences have taught me that observing, timing and determination can go farther than anyone thinks.

Sarah Dawson (28) Silver Spring, Md. ~ Insurance Sales

3 Words to Describe You: Outgoing, spirited and competitive.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to compete, be the Sole Survivor and win one million dollars!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: People readily trust me, I am very good as a competitor, I won’t make anyone too bitter and I can talk people into anything.

Jeff Kent (44) Austin, Texas ~ Retired Major League Baseball Player

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, resilient and hard-headed.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To challenge my talents and survival skills under isolated circumstances, and to prove to my family that being resilient pays off.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: With my survival skills and instincts, living on an island for 39 days will be easy. Utilizing the other survivors in alliances and/or challenges will take skills that I’ve mastered throughout my baseball career. Motivating and manipulating people is what I did best in the locker room and on the field.

Katie Hanson (22) Newark, Del. ~ Former Miss Delaware.

3 Words to Describe You: Very outgoing, athletic and intelligent.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Winning money and challenges! And, meeting the guy of my dreams!
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I feel like I am a well-rounded individual. I excel in athletic competitions and I’m intelligent with a drive to win. That money is mine!

Matsing

Russell Swan (45) Glenside, Penn. ~ Environmental Attorney
Previous Finish: “Survivor: Samoa” Medical evacuation due to Dehydration

3 Words to Describe You: Energetic, optimistic and focused.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: First, the game kicked my butt and I want payback. Second, I want to show people that failure doesn’t always mean the end.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because I’ve already tried the failure route. I’m gonna take a different path and win this time!

Angie Layton (20) Provo, Utah ~ Model/Student

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, confident and happy.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to win, meet some hotties and prove to everyone that I can do it.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I know I can manipulate my way to the top! But, most importantly I am extremely competitive and am driven to succeed. I’m not afraid of anything.

Denise Stapley (41) Cedar Rapids, Iowa ~ Sex Therapist

3 Words to Describe You: Determined, energetic and goofy.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Believe it or not, for the experience!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have a job that requires the ability to engage people to share very personal information and gain their trust to know it will remain confidential. Survivor will require that same skill set and honestly, I’m good at it. My motto in business, life and now Survivor is “keep it simple, keep it smart.”

Malcolm Freberg (25) Hermosa Beach, Calif. ~ Bartender

3 Words to Describe You: Charming, brilliant and cocky.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I’ve been watching Survivor since I was 12 years old. Some kids grow up watching baseball on TV and dream of getting their chance to play in the big leagues. I grew up watching and dreaming about playing Survivor.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: There’s no reason to play the game if you’re not playing to win. I’m not trying to see ‘if I have what it takes’ or ‘how far I can make it.’ The best thing I have going for me is my single-mindedness to be the champion.

Roxanne “Roxy” Morris (28) Brooklyn, N.Y. ~ Seminary Student

3 Words to Describe You: Witty, wise and a warrior.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to win the million dollars so I can give to my church and hopefully help get them their own building. Right now, we rent a space. I also want to have my own ministry that travels the world from mission to mission. I also think it is an excellent opportunity to meet people and have a once-in-a-life-time experience.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because the game isn’t very different from real life. As a Christian, everyday you are faced with the choice between God’s principles and your personal, selfish preferences.

Zane Knight (28) Danville, Va. ~ Tire Repair

3 Words to Describe You: Influential, opinionated and ready.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I’ve always wanted my own tow-truck but working like I do now I won’t ever be able to afford it.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I know I will be the final Survivor because I have the gift of gab. I’m very outgoing and can have a conversation with the President or a crack head. I was made for this game!

Now that you have met the Survivors, it is time to make your list.

Here are the divisions:

There will only be two this season

Regular PTTE

– Lowest score wins

Post your prediction for the ENTIRE boot order for the season
Starting with first booted (#18)
and ending with Sole Survivor (#1)

Medium Teal PTTE

– Highest score wins

Post your prediction for the ENTIRE boot order for the season
Starting with the Sole Survivor (#18)
and ending with first booted (#1)

Okay... how do you play:

SCORING:

1) You do NOT want points...they're bad... it's like golf.
Every point counts against you in the standings, so try to avoid them,
unless you are playing the MEDIUM TEAL game.
then you want all the points you can get.

2) Points will be awarded to each boot, after each episode.

They will be awarded as the difference between
where you thought this week's castaway would finish
and where the castaway actually finished.

3) You may change your list as many times as you want.
It will cost you 4 points (-4 points for teal) each time you do.
I will take the last list at the deadline.

4) Entry is always open!

Entry is free for the first two weeks.
If you enter after September 26th, you will start with a score equivalent to 8 (-8) points per episode you missed. That means that it's possible to join the game after several episodes and enter in first place, but statistically speaking, you'll have a better chance if you enter earlier.

How I will break the many ties

I assume there will be many ties since everyone is reading the same memos. I will be asking some type of tie-breaker question each week.
You can answer them or not. Check back to catch them.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM me.
(Private Message located top right on page, larger envelope icon.)
I will be at my cabin this weekend, no internet. I will answer any questions when I return.

Post your list and number them from 1 to 18
You may change your list as many times as you want,
up to the deadline September 19 6:59 pm, central.
I will use the last list at the time of deadline.

Sit back, buckle up and enjoy the premiere of:

S25 Philippines

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thre... byoffer 09-19-12 1
   RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thre... kircon 09-19-12 2
   RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thre... byoffer 09-25-12 7
 RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thre... forehead 09-19-12 3
   RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thre... Survivor Maniac 09-19-12 4
 RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thre... Georjanna 09-19-12 5
 RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thre... vennui 09-19-12 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-12, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
Is there two versions of this game, one for those of us who have peeked at spoilers (this thresd) and one for those who are spoiler-free (the other)?

If so, I will put in an entry here:
First out: Zane
Jeff
Roxy
Carter
Sarah
Dana
Artis
Russell
RC
Katie
Angie
Pete
Jonathon
Abi-Maria
Malcolm
Lisa
Denise
Winner: Mike Skupin

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kircon 3239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-12, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
You are correct Sir! I have now peaked, but I will not change my list.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-12, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
New list (I believe from the instructions that changes are free for 2 weeks):
First out: Zane
Roxy
Russell
Angie
Dana
Sarah Dawson
Katie
Jeff
Carter
Artis
RC
Pete
Jonathon
Abi-Maria
Malcolm
Lisa
Denise
Winner: Mike Skupin

forehead 928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-12, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
Haven't played this in a long time...

18 Zane (first out)
17 Angie
16 Roxy
15 Russell
14 Dana
13 Katie
12 Dawson
11 Jeff
10 Carter
9 Artis
8 RC
7 Pete
6 Jonathan
5 Abi
4 Malcolm
3 Lisa
2 Denise
1 Mike

Survivor Maniac 1276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-19-12, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Maniac Click to send private message to Survivor%20Maniac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
18. Zane (first out)
17. Angie
16. Artis
15. Roxy
14. Russell
13. Lisa
12. Katie
11. Dawson
10. Pete
9. Carter
8. Abi
7. Penner
6. Dana
5. Jeff
4. RC
3. Denise
2. Malcolm
1. Mike Skupin - Winner

Georjanna 1170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-12, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"
18: Zane
17: Angie
16: Russell
15: Roxanne
14: Katie
13: Dana
12: Sarah
11: Carter
10: Artis
09: Jeff
08: Pete
07: Malcolm
06: RC
05: Abi
04: Lisa
03: Jonathan
02: Mike
Winner: Denise

>

vennui 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vennui Click to send private message to vennui Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S25 Philippines PTTE Entry Thread"

Teal Me

18 Micheal (first out)
17 denise
16 Lisa
15 Malcolm
14 Abi
13 Jonathan
12 Pete
11. Angie
10 Dana
9 RC
8 Katie
7 Artis
6.Russell
5. Carter
4.Roxanne
3.Jeff
2. Dawsen
1 Zane (winner)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •