The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Non-Reality Daytime Soap Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
Well here we are right in the middle of summer, gearing up for August Sweeps. It looks like it's about to get hot, hot, hotter!!

Y&R: Had to LOL at Lily and Daniel running around the beach dressed as fruit. I walked into the house in the middle and thought it was a goofy commercial at first. My SOD has indicated that Nick and Phyllis will make strange bedfellows, and that Nick is supposed to be involved with someone currently on-screen. Guess we'll see where that leads. And I'm glad that Daniel is starting to remember. I would have thought some sort of investigation would have been done by now that would have showed he wasn't driving the car.

ATWT: I believe we're gearing up to a big Whodunit involving the murder of Craig, involving Mike, Jen, Dusty, Sierra, Babs, possibly Margo and Hal. Looks like Jack will have his hands full, especially with the big Carly mystery. What on earth is going on there? I'm glad to see them giving CarJack a story that doesn't involve a third party lover.

GL: All the casualties are starting to make me lose interest. I'll at least ride this out until the climax of the Nate/Reva story.

BB: You probably didn't think I'd include this. While I've tried and tried to avoid it, sometimes it's impossible. I heard and saw much of yesterday's show and I just have to give kudos to Katherine Kelly Lang for her amazing scenes. I still hate this whole Taylor Coming Back story, and KKL's performance just shows us how much better this coulda, woulda, shoulda been had we not had the same story 10 years ago.

Sorry, I'm not an ABC or NBC watcher, but I know there are great stories there too.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?
Don't Cry, It's Only a Joke!

Yep, it's a Bob!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix ARnutz 07-07-05 1
   RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix samboohoo 07-07-05 2
       RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix ARnutz 07-07-05 4
 RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix Bebo 07-07-05 3
   RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix ARnutz 07-07-05 5
   Oh Henry samboohoo 07-07-05 7
   ATWT and GL janisella 07-14-05 44
       RE: ATWT and GL samboohoo 07-15-05 46
           RE: ATWT and GL LadyT 07-15-05 47
               And this is why... northernlights 07-26-05 65
                   RE: And this is why... LadyT 07-26-05 66
           RE: ATWT and GL janisella 07-16-05 54
               RE: ATWT and GL ARnutz 07-17-05 55
 OK, for the ABC soap viewers kathliam 07-07-05 6
   RE: OK, for the ABC soap viewers Puffy 07-11-05 26
   This new "Dixie" looks younger than... janisella 07-14-05 43
 Y&R's Kevin & Michael samboohoo 07-08-05 8
 RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix LadyT 07-09-05 9
   Oh Sheila - SPOILER Bebo 07-09-05 10
       RE: Oh Sheila - SPOILER samboohoo 07-09-05 11
       RE: Oh Sheila - SPOILER LadyT 07-10-05 12
   DOOL AugustGirl 07-11-05 13
       RE: DOOL LadyT 07-11-05 14
           RE: DOOL samboohoo 07-11-05 15
           RE: DOOL Bebo 07-11-05 19
       RE: DOOL mrc 07-11-05 20
           RE: DOOL AugustGirl 07-11-05 25
               RE: DOOL samboohoo 07-12-05 27
                   RE: DOOL Bebo 07-12-05 28
               RE: DOOL mrc 07-12-05 29
                   RE: DOOL Bebo 07-12-05 30
                       RE: DOOL samboohoo 07-12-05 31
                           RE: DOOL Bebo 07-12-05 32
                       B&B LadyT 07-12-05 35
                           RE: B&B Bebo 07-13-05 36
               If I remember correctly LadyT 07-12-05 34
                   RE: If I remember correctly Bebo 07-13-05 37
                       RE: If I remember correctly samboohoo 07-13-05 38
                           RE: If I remember correctly Bebo 07-13-05 39
                               RE: If I remember correctly LadyT 07-13-05 40
                                   RE: If I remember correctly Bebo 07-13-05 41
                                       RE: If I remember correctly LadyT 07-13-05 42
           RE: DOOL zombiebaby 07-12-05 33
   RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix motormouth 07-15-05 45
       RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix kathliam 07-16-05 51
           RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix motormouth 07-16-05 52
 ATWT -- Some Spoilers samboohoo 07-11-05 16
   RE: ATWT -- Some Spoilers ARnutz 07-11-05 17
       RE: ATWT -- Some Spoilers LadyT 07-11-05 18
           Ack!!! Today's ATWT (7/11) ARnutz 07-11-05 21
               RE: Ack!!! Today's ATWT (7/11) Bebo 07-11-05 22
               RE: Ack!!! Today's ATWT (7/11) samboohoo 07-11-05 23
           RE: ATWT -- Some Spoilers samboohoo 07-11-05 24
 LMAO LadyT 07-15-05 48
 AMC spoilerish LadyT 07-15-05 49
   RE: AMC spoilerish kathliam 07-16-05 50
   Cooney janisella 07-16-05 53
       RE: Cooney kathliam 07-17-05 56
       Melanie (Lanie) Puffy 07-20-05 63
           RE: Melanie (Lanie) LadyT 07-21-05 64
               RE: Melanie (Lanie) LadyT 07-26-05 67
 Guiding Light volsfan 07-19-05 57
   RE: Guiding Light samboohoo 07-20-05 58
       RE: Guiding Light volsfan 07-20-05 59
           RE: Guiding Light LadyT 07-20-05 60
               RE: Guiding Light samboohoo 07-20-05 61
           RE: Guiding Light samboohoo 07-20-05 62
 GL casting news LadyT 07-28-05 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-05 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

Hey Sam!

Thanks for the update! Truthfully, I haven't had a chance to watch too many episodes, (what with the kiddos being home for summer & all) WAH!!!

ATWT: I bet James killed Craig. ETA: James had Craig killed. It just stinks of James. He wanted to keep him away from Jennifer, Rosanna & Cabot. It's always James, *shrug* maybe I'm wrong!

B&B: I cannot and never could stand Brooke! She's got that stoopid woe is me act always coming up on this stinkin' show. In fact, my nickname for her is "The Babbling Brooke"! GET HER OFF MY SCREEN! *giggle*

I don't feel sorry for her one bit. She (literally, and with every man on the show, including her daughter's husband) made her bed & now she has to lie in it! Serves her right for all of the karma she has coming back at her now. Don't get me wrong, I don't give a darn about the whole Taylor thing either. As a matter of fact, I actually hate this friggin' show! I don't even know why I've gone on so long about it! *snort*

Y&R: I think they'll drag out the Daniel thing. His memory alone won't prove anything and Cassie isn't there to confirm his story, so they'll have to do a full investigation. JMO.

A Generous IceCat Creation!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-07-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
*Sighs* I've always rooted for Brooke, even though she's a, well you know. She goes against everything I believe in as far as marriage and commitment are concerned, but I still root for her. But now, after this, I hope she really just forgets about Ridge altoghter. It's really just not meant to be.

Maybe it's because I love KKL, I don't know.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-07-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
Heh, I try very hard to separate KKL from Brooke. I hate the character Brooke, not KKL. Guess she's just that good of an actress to invoke such hatred in me!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
Y&R - Interesting to see them come up with a credible scenario to break up their longest lasting couple, Nick & Sharon. (Longest continuing marriage, I mean.) But am I the only one so sick of the whole Brittany/JT/Bobby thing?

ATWT - Until my man Henry is happy (or at least scheming wildly instead of glowering over Katie), Bebo not happy.

GL - Talk about butchering a show I used to love. They lost me with all of the Jeffrey/Cassie/Dinah/Edmund crap, and there's no reason to go back with all the cuts.

B&B - GET A NEW BLEEDING STORY ALREADY! Geez, how many decades must we endure "Will Ridge choose Taylor or Brooke" and "Will Bridget keep losing men to her mother" stories? Here's the storylines I'd like to see:

1. Brooke and Taylor get into a room with Ridge, tell him what a terrible father he is and tell him that a man that selfish is not as attractive as he thinks he is. Then they tell him they can both do better and are leaving - oh, by the way, you will have joint custody so that you actually have to spend some time with all of your spawn. Then they both find guys that are better. Meanwhile, Ridge decides to go play with a band that was famous in the 70s for one stupid song and lives under the delusion that it makes him cool. Then Taylor dies and stays dead.
2. Bridget decides that hey, she'll actually make some friends her own age and get a job, instead of just hanging around and getting wrapped up in her families' lives all day. And surprise, surprise, since she's hanging around with new people, she actually meets someone within two decades of her own age and dates him. And when he meets her mom, he doesn't immediately try to seduce said mom.

I will say something nice about KKL for you - she is a beautiful lady, and unlike Hunter Tylo, was smart enough to avoid excessive Botox.

07-07-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
5. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
Bebo! You should apply to become a writer on the show! I agree, it's the same old tired carp on B&B. I never liked the show, to me it's just stoopid filler (or sometimes an intermission) between Y&R and ATWT.

The Brittany/JT/Bobby thing will end soon because word is Bobby will leave the show in August. (Wasn't it you who mentioned that in an earlier thread?) I never liked Brittany anyway & JT is too good for her! blech!

I agree KKL is a beautiful lady. I wish I looked like that at her age, I'm younger than her & I don't even look that good.

07-07-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
7. "Oh Henry"
I do love him too!

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-14-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "ATWT and GL"
ATWT - I think Craig and Rosanna are going to leave town with the baby just as someone figures out Craig switched the babies - and tracking them down will be somebody's big adventure (Jen & Dusty?). Either that, or Casey will decide he wants to raise his child and Craig and Rosanna will leave to avoid having to return the baby.

When Cady McClain comes back from her extended leave of absence, Rosanna will return to Oakdale without Craig - but will she have the baby with her (and why did she ever think adopting another child with Craig would be a good idea)? Will she willingly return the baby to his parents? Will the baby need bone marrow or something and one of the Hughes be the only match (already done with Kim and Hope a few years ago)? Either way, it's deja vu.

So far this mystery with Carly's father seems too weird - a health clinic closing over one incident? And Saint Kim doesn't remember hearing anything about it? Yeah, right.

Looking forward to Lucinda's cancer story - Liz Hubbard is way overdue for something meaty! Maybe Dr. John could come back and help her recover.

GL - Can't stand Cassie and Jeffrey together - can't she go 10 minutes without a man? Not too keen on Nate/Alfred either, but love Reva and Olivia working together! I am curious how Alan is going to get his come-uppance, now that everyone in the free world knows he shot his own son (and I still wouldn't be surprised if Phillip shows up at a Halloween party - just in time for November sweeps).

Now that Harley's free, maybe we can see some more fun in Springfield - I miss Harley, Cassie and Blake hanging out. It would be fun to see another guys' poker night too. The friendships have always been my favorite part of GL.

The new Mallet is tasty - maybe Dinah should go after him.

07-15-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
46. "RE: ATWT and GL"
I just read in my SOD that Rosanna figures it out and calls Paul as she heads out of town. I can't remember now if she has the baby with her. I thought they were killing Craig off, but now I don't know. But there are certainly a lot of suspects building up.

And I think we're getting a Carly killed the little boy story, ala Nikki on Y&R. I think someone here already called it, Bebo maybe?

And Phillip is alive on GL, which I knew from the beginning. So technically Alan didn't kill him. And I don't like Cassie and Jeffrey either.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: ATWT and GL"
Good day for the soaps today. GL showing Phillip was cool as he thinks that he is running all of Springfield. I am really curious about the Carly story. I hope its not that she killed someone.

AMC is getting good today as the reveal of DI/Dixie is today. And Ryan and Greenlee and Spermgate, please end.

DOOL, Could it be any more obvious that Chelsea is Georgia?

TishyTime

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "And this is why..."
DOOL, Could it be any more obvious that Chelsea is Georgia?

...you're the Soap Queen to me! I normally see these things coming from a mile away but I have to admit that I hadn't thought of this one!

Wow! Phyllis and Nick? That would be bizzare. I'd love to see Sharon and Brad get together. And Paul and Ashley. I'm so done with "Cricket". *rolls eyes* He needs a real woman.

Should be interesting having Sheila back in Genoa City.

I must have missed this thread. Someone's gonna have to give me a heads up next time the soap gang gets together.

07-26-05, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: And this is why..."
>DOOL, Could it be any more
>obvious that Chelsea is Georgia?

She has been signed to a contract, therefore I will bet my next paycheck she is Georgia. Think about it, she was adopted....

TishyTime

07-16-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: ATWT and GL"
I've been in the Phillip is alive camp and was happy to see they didn't drag it out until November (it was beginning to look that way).

Since Dusty mentioned Jen's baby's birthmark, and Jen just looked at the dead baby and knows it's not hers, that story line is going quicker than I thought too.

Maybe there's a new thinking in soap land that it's possible to have a story unfold in a reasonable time frame.

07-17-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
55. "RE: ATWT and GL"
I missed Friday's episode. I forgot about the birthmark! I knew when they mentioned it when the baby was born that it would be a telltale sign later on. I bet they'll have this storyline done by the end of the summer.

I feel really badly for Rosanna in this whole mess! All she wants is a child, she can't have her own and bad things keep happening!

A J Slice original ©2004

kathliam 3666 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-07-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "OK, for the ABC soap viewers"
All My Children: Is Di really Dixie, or Dixie-lite? Did David screw up in reverse? Why has everyone accepted this woman’s story just because she says she is who she is? Why does anyone in Pine Valley believe a DNA test any more, when it seems everyone has access to the lab to interfere with the results? Why do we care whether this woman is Dixie? Does anyone else find her voice irritating? I do not like this storyline. Please wrap this up quickly and let that woman and her grating voice disappear back into the mists.

On the other hand…. Ok, I’m stumped. Are they any other storylines on AMC this summer we should care about? Only if you’re interested in teen hormones run amok or husbands and wives having communication problems. It’s as if the writers used up all their juice with the baby-switching story line and aren’t sure what to do next.

One Life To Live: Then there’s the little soap that could. Always the step-child to AMC and GH, OLTL is growing into its own. They are moving back to the core family relationships that are most successful in daytime drama, with enough mystery and adventure to keep things rolling. Who is the Killing Club killer? Are there 2 serial killers out there, the KC killer and a copycat? And Carlo Hesser is back on the canvas, even if for a little bit, and how great is that! What is Spencer Truman’s secret, because we know there’s more to the story than just being David Vicker’s brother. Is Jessica really suffering from DID, or does the girl just want to have fun? When is nasty little Margaret going to drop back into Todd and Blair’s life?

We have romance, too, to look forward to. Kelly and David are moving closer to reconciliation, Dorian and David are getting hitched (this ought to be good), and word is Clint will return to Llanview to be with Vicki at her time of need. For comic relief, we have Rex, who may turn his grief over Jen’s murder into action by becoming a police officer. John-Paul Lavoisier may be the Tony Geary of his generation. Can I just say I’ve also had enough of Marcie’s whiny voice? It too grates on my nerves.

General Hospital: There’s a hurricane a’coming, and it’s supposed to impact many lives in Port Charles. Meanwhile, I’m enjoying Luke and Tracy’s marriage (who’da thunk Tracy had a heart in there, the way she defended Bobby to John Durant). Every show needs some kind of comic relief (something the AMC writers need to realize), something we can depend upon from Tony Geary and Jane Elliott. I can’t wait to see the fallout when Reese finally reveals her secret to Carly, and am willing to bet Carly will gain mature insight and Reese will implode. Will Sonny banish Reese from his life, or does he have a crush? Will Carly realize her future lies with Lorenzo and be able to resist the urge to try and reconcile with Sonny for the upteenth time? Did Michael really kill AJ? Is his friend Jodie real or imagined?

I’m bored already with the ‘teen summer story lines’. Maxie is back in town for 2 seconds, almost needs a heart transplant, and suddenly leaves town with a runaway undercover cop she met 1 second ago? I think the writers are trying to make this storyline an updated ‘Luke and Laura in Grovers Corners’, and there is no way it will work. We haven’t known these characters long enough to care about them. All the other teen angst going on? Feh, don’t care.

Obviously I think too much about this. Or have obviously consumed too much caffiene today. Must. Take. A. Deep. Breath.

It's a bob wannabe!

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: OK, for the ABC soap viewers"
Hey Kath!
How many DNA storylines can AMC have? I always thought that they'd make Di the real Dixie, but I see that the former Dixie has quit her current soap job elsewhere. Maybe she'll return and we'll have 2 Dixies?

Not sure if Danielle will wind up pregnant with Josh's baby. She said they used protection. I enjoy the Danielle/Reggie and Sam/Lily stories.

The Erica/Jackson/Zach/Kendall/Greenlee/Ryan storylines are stupid; I fast forward through most of the dialogue.

Move over Bob, this is an Arkie original

07-14-05, 07:12 PM (EST)
43. "This new "Dixie" looks younger than JR"
Dixie was probably the stupidest character in soap history - I don't care who the actress is (in fact I adore Cady McClain in any other role - she's too talented to play a vapid dolt like Dixie) - I can't figure out why anyone in Pine Valley would want her to be alive. AMC got me back as a viewer when Dixie left, and is now losing me again with this new bimbo - she's really annoying. Besides she's way too young to be a grandmother - even on a soap.

BTW, Cady McClain is taking a leave of absence from ATWT because someone close to her is dying - and CBS has agreed to let her have that person's last days/weeks off - as long as she needs, so no, she's not reprising the role of Dixie any time soon (maybe after her friend dies).

07-08-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
8. "Y&R's Kevin & Michael"
I have to admit that I love Michael and Kevin. They make for entertaining tv. For so many years, I loathed Michael, but he is now one of my favs. And Kevin. I don't even know what to say. I'm so torn. When Kevin got beat up in jail, I thought he should have died right then and I had mixed emotions about them keeping his character around. Part of my enjoyment is obviously the actors themselves, but I find myself rooting for these characters too.

And I love Julia Chapman's Gloria much better than Joan Van Ark. To me, she will always be Val.

Roscoe Born is a great Terrible Tom.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-09-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
9. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
Ilove soap threads!!!

Very upset that Hunt Block is leaving. He was so good. The only good that may come out of it is if the real Dixie ends upback at AMC. HATING that storyline. Although if it shows ore JR than I am happy since I am in lust with him. Even more with him than Cameron who has the dumbest storyline since Sunset Beach's turkey baster story. (Spermgate). Greenlee used to be fun and smart,now she is dumb. I want Kendall and JR together more than ever now that they have established a friendship. Put Julia with Zach.

Days. OK, how many Roman Brady's can we have on our screen at once? This is stupid. THere is only one Roman Brady and one Chris Kostichek. At least Wayne Northrop isn't going to be Chris because I would never watch that show again.

I am loving that they are writing for a more mature crowd on GH. I love that they are giving Jane Elliot and Tony Geary wonderful material to work with. I however wanted someone todie and Maxie to get a new heart. Someone like her dad or uncle who we never see anyways. It would have been a good story. Can't wait for the hurricane. ANd recast Carly, she sucks. Bring back Sarah Brown!

Who is the Killing Club killer? Please someone fill me in? Is it Hayes? Cool twist wouldbe if it was Tess. I like Tess.

I don't even want to comment on B&B again until the Botox queen is off my screen permanently. Why can't Sheila Carter go there and kill her again.

And I too am oneof the many who loveme some Henry Coleman. I think they should bring back Lesli Kay as Molly and have her hook up with Henry. It would knock his socks off. Because I really do like Katie with Mike.

TishyTime

07-09-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Oh Sheila - SPOILER"
Sheila's coming back - to Y&R. Word is that the ABC show she was on had her recurring, instead of on contract, so she was willing to listen when Y&R offered a contract. Now that they're starting to talk about Lauren's son, bet Sheila's coming in as part of that. After all, Lauren is the first one who had to deal with that dervish called Sheila.

07-09-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Oh Sheila - SPOILER"
I read that too. Hopefully they won't age Diana Marone too much to include her.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-10-05, 11:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Oh Sheila - SPOILER"
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-05 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

I saw that. One of my soap spoiler sites is stating that Eric from B&B is crossing over for at least one episode.

ETA they have cast Lauren's son andof course he is aged.

TishyTime

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "DOOL"
I cracked up when I saw Wayne Northrup was coming back as "Not Roman". I can't wait for the first time John Black (the original Not Roman), Roman (Not Chris Kosicheck but the Second Roman), and Not Roman (the first Roman) are on the screen at the same time. What a hoot.

On another note, it looks like Mickey will finally pick Maggie over that wacko Bonnie. What took him so long? Geez! *rolls eyes*

Oooooo! Frankie (Billy Warlock) is coming back! I love Frankie (and Billy).

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

07-11-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
14. "RE: DOOL"
Wayne Northrup will always be the Real Roman to me. Josh Taylor will always be either Chris Kosticheck or Dylan's father on 90210. That's just the way it is.

TishyTime

07-11-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
15. "RE: DOOL"
Or Valerie Harper's husband.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-11-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: DOOL"
Wayne rocks. He and Deidre Hall were amazing together. I think part of me never forgave DOOL for recasting, and that I just hid my frustration until they got into the stupid plots.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: DOOL"
WTH can't they bring back Patch and Kayla? That? was when the show rocked!

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn
What? A heterosexual male can't watch soaps?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: DOOL"
Because if they brought back Patch he would wonder why his sister Adrienne has changed her name to Bonnie and is shacking up with ancient Uncle Mickey.

Of course Patch would have to explain why he is no longer dead, but that never seems to be a problem on soaps.

Kudos to MRC for posting in the soap thread!

07-12-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
27. "RE: DOOL"
Well, it could turn out that Bonnie is Adrienne's twin.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-12-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
28. "RE: DOOL"
I prefer the Adrienne has amnesia and is calling herself Bonnie storyline myself.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: DOOL"
The thing I like about Days is that I can not watch for months, and I still know the basic plot. Sami hates Kate, Shawn still looks greasy, Belle is still virginal, if not a virgin, there is a Dimera lurking somewhere stirring up trouble, Bo and Hope still love each other, and John/Roman/WTH his name is still has a modified mullet.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn
I always wanted to be Patch (not enough to poke my eye out, though). I also concluded that if I ever changed my identity, I would call myself John Black, cuz he was so cool. But this was in the late 1980s-early 1990s, so I'm not sure I would do the same today. B/c of the aforementioned modified mullet.

07-12-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
30. "RE: DOOL"
You'd love B&B then - they've had the same basic plot points for decades.

Ridge is torn between two women who are the love of his life, even though the love of his life died.

Taylor died...oops, she's back now...nope, she's dead again...oops, she's back.

Brooke says that Ridge is the love of her life, but she'll sleep with anything that looks at her when he's not available. Oh, there is one prerequisite - her daughter must be interested in the guy too.

Sally and Eric are business rivals, but Sally's business is in trouble, so she is yet again doing one last-ditch crazy thing to save the company.

There, you're caught up, you can watch.

07-12-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
31. "RE: DOOL"
Don't forget, at the moment Macy is currently dead.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-12-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
32. "RE: DOOL"
Doh! Filling in the plot hole:

Sally has a daughter named Macy. She died, but then she came back. Then she died again. I'm sure that once Taylor dies again, Macy will come back.

Then there are two minor subplots:

One of the female characters will have a double, but nobody will like the second character so she will just fade away.

One of the teenage characters decides that he/she wants to be a fashion designer, picks up a sketch pad, and draws a dress. Someone else sees the sketch, decides that this kid (typically, without even a high school diploma) will be a superstar, and suddenly offers him/her a job.

07-12-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
35. "B&B"
I thought Caroline was the love of Ridge's life?

TishyTime

07-13-05, 07:37 AM (EST)
36. "RE: B&B"
Yup, she was the love of his life who died. Brooke kept trying to break the two of them up. Taylor was Caroline's doctor (since she changes practices between oncology and psychiatry at the drop of a hat) who then became the love of Ridge's life, except when she died or when Brooke got pregnant and tried to pass off the baby as Ridge's.

Oops, forgot that plot point. Brooke gets pregnant about every 30 seconds, but she can never figure out who the real father of her baby is. Here's the big clue for viewers - if she's married at the time, her husband is not the father. Oh, unless she's married to someone other than Ridge and she wants Ridge to be the father, in which case her husband is the father.

07-12-05, 08:25 PM (EST)
34. "If I remember correctly"
There was no body in Patch's coffin in case he ever wanted to come back. He has said he wanted to. Mary Beth Evans once expressed interest, but likes her storyline on ATWT, where she is doing an awesome job as Sierra.

TishyTime

07-13-05, 07:38 AM (EST)
37. "RE: If I remember correctly"
I wasn't too happy when she became Sierra. I like her as an actress, but I didn't think she was right for the part. Now, I like the direction in which she's taken the character.

07-13-05, 08:37 AM (EST)
38. "RE: If I remember correctly"
Me too, Bebo. I always loved Finn Carter and Scott Bryce. But now I like Mary Beth and Hunt. Even though I know Scott Bryce's Craig was once an evil bastage, it's hard for me to imagine him as Craig now.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-13-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
39. "RE: If I remember correctly"
Oh, I was a HUGE Scott Bryce fan! But Hunt Block is terrific (loved him on KL and GL), so even though I knew that he would bring his own spin to Craig, I was glad to see the character in his capable hands.

07-13-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
40. "RE: If I remember correctly"
I think he was much better than Scott Bryce. No one does snarky as well as Hunt. Hopefully, someone like GH or OLTL will snatch him up. Or Cady McClain can go back to AMC and he can go back even though he was killed off AMC

TishyTime

07-13-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
41. "RE: If I remember correctly"
Scott Bryce did a great job playing the young protege who decided to turn to the dark side. Hunt Block did a fabulous job playing the guy who was already bad.

07-13-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
42. "RE: If I remember correctly"
I only saw him at the end of his run. I am just saddened and pissed that they fired Hunt. Actually, CBS is doing a huge disservice by firing a lot of good actors like Michael O'Leary, Hunt Block, John Enos and Marj Dusay. All for budget cuts

TishyTime

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-05, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: DOOL"
I love how they age these kids so fast. C'mon Sami and Lucas can be grandparents now that they are aging Will.

Jack & Jenn's kid is 18 now also.

I am happy that Frankie is back! Francois! Max is turning out to be a turd.

I never cared for John & Marlena. Yup I wish Patch & Kayla would come back. It would be interesting to see how old they would make their kid. Maybe he will come back and donate his other kidney to Jack.

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

Just am glad they are off that stooopid island.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-15-05, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
And recast Carly, she sucks. Bring back Sarah Brown!

Thank you! Thank you! I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way. I have been lusting after Lorenzo forever and having to watch him kiss her is making me ill. I liked Sarah Brown as well but at this point I'd take anyone over the current Carly.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

07-16-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree. Sarah Brown was fabulous in the original incarnation of Carly, but Tamara Braun made the character. IMHO, Sarah Brown doesn't have the chops to play the emotional depth of Carly right now. Bring back Tamara, although the new actress is growing on me. I was disturbed at how shrill she seemed when she first started, but a lot of that was due to the story line into which she was unceremoniously dropped. She has leveled off now.

Just to clarify, I rarely have the opportunity to watch the shows, I listen to their audio during the day, so all my impressions are based on the performance of the dialogue. I really have no idea what the actors look like.

It's a bob wannabe!

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-16-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: July '05 Soap Discussion Fix"
I would take Tamara over Sarah also, I was only agreeing with the poster who said they would prefer Sarah over the new Carly. The new Carly, IMO, is masculine. Very unpleasant to look at at. I don't remember Sarah as well, it was so long ago, but I do remember liking her. Tamara though, is who I will always wish will come back (though my dislike for the new Carly is so strong I would really rather see anyone else playing her).

07-11-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
16. "ATWT -- Some Spoilers"
Man, what woman wouldn't want to have the lightning-fast pregnancies that Jen and Gwen are having.

Spoiler Part: In case you haven't read it yet, Jen's baby is supposed to be "prounounced dead" on July 20th. Now I was thinking that Craig was going to be killed off. Could he just disappear, taking the baby with him? And what is he planning to do with Gwen's baby that's got her backing him into a corner?

Carly: What on earth could this big secret be? Did Carly do something to a little boy and her dad covered it up?

Oh, and slut or not, that Emily sure is having some hot hot hot fun with Paul!

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-11-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
17. "RE: ATWT -- Some Spoilers"
You know... I had the feeling on Friday that it was more than a mere coincidence that Gwen & Jen went into labor at the same time! I was kind of figuring maybe they'd accidently switch the babies and Jen would wind up with Gwen's & Gwen would be told hers died (because it seemed to me she was still thinking of keeping it). Guess I had the wrong dead baby!!!

As far as Craig running off with Jen's... that seems like a deja vu, no? If that's the case, they need to get a new idea. I mean isn't that what James did with Cabot when he was an infant?

Carly? I'm curious too! Can't wait to see what develops.

Emily, good for her, but Paul? is majorly creepy! That guy gives me the willies when I see him. The old Paul was soooooo much better!

A J Slice original ©2004

07-11-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: ATWT -- Some Spoilers"
I love this Paul. Roger Howarth is an amazing actor and I think he plays the part so well. I am waiting with anticipation the triangle that will come about with Paul, Emily and Real Hal. I love Randolph Mantooth, but Benjamin Hendrickson is the real Hal.

I am curious with the Carly story and I am happy that she and Jack are getting a story where they won't be cheating on each other or torn apart. I am wondering if it has to do with Rosanna and her millions. I don't remember how they are sisters, through their mother or father.

Reportedly TPTB like Kin Shriner so much that he is staying on for a while. GOod, Holden and Lily were getting stale. I am not the biggest Holden fan.

TishyTime

07-11-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
21. "Ack!!! Today's ATWT (7/11) "
OMG.OMG.OMG.

Carly had a voice flashback. Some woman screaming, Look what you did to my precious little boy!" ...or something to that effect.

Craig & Rosanna are the ones adopting Gwen's baby! Rosanna was off telling Carly of her plans when Craig got a message from the adoption lawyer saying the mother was in labor!

LMAO at Dusty delivering Jen's baby! funniest.birth.ever.

Anyway... both babies are preemies, both babies are boys... I betcha Craig will switch those babies so he can adopt his own little boy!!! Jen's baby (which is really Gwen's) will die. Great storyline to see how/when Jen will find out the baby that survived is hers! Gwen's character is not central to the show, so she may fade into the background.

That's my theory, any thoughts?

A J Slice original ©2004

07-11-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ack!!! Today's ATWT (7/11) "
So now ATWT is ripping off Y&R? Didn't we just have to deal with Nikki's flashbacks when she accidentally killed that little boy?

At least it's ripping off a good show.

07-11-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ack!!! Today's ATWT (7/11) "
I'm just getting back to this.

I tried to hold out so that I could see the whole thing, but I started shaking so bad that I had to leave at 1:30 to eat. LMAO at Dusty asking for the sheets. And when I pulled into the parking lot, I heard Will telling Bob that Gwen hadn't taken very good care of herself while pregnant, so it does look like Gwen's baby will die, but Craig is going to at least attempt to switch them. But if he is leaving, that would be too much like James. Perhaps the plan is still to kill him off, and now Gwen can be the killer because she's the easy out.

As Doc would say, "Oh, the drama."

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-11-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
24. "RE: ATWT -- Some Spoilers"
Rosanna and Carly have the same mother, so I don't think this affect Rosanna's millions. But speaking of Rosanna's millions, don't you think by now she coulda/woulda hired a surrogate. I can't imagine Carly not doing it for her.

And yes, I love me some Roger Howarth!!! I liked the other one too, but he was too too nice.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-15-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
48. "LMAO"
Just flipped to DOOL, Frankie Brady was wearing the same shorts that BF has. They were black and blue

TishyTime

07-15-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
49. "AMC spoilerish"
Since when did Dixie have a sister? ANd how does Adam know but not Tad? Has anyone heard anything about this?

TishyTime

07-16-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
50. "RE: AMC spoilerish"
Feh on revisionist history! If Adam knows, then Palmer certainly would know. He is her uncle, after all. And, if she had a sister, wouldn't they have contacted her when Dixie needed a kidney transplant? Don't these writers bother to read any of the history for the show they are writing?

Feh, I could do better than this. There must be someone in charge of continuity. If nothing else, talk with the actors who have been with the show 20+ years if you have a character question.

Feh, I say. If they make this a missing twin, I will barf. I'm really fed up with AMC right now. None of the story lines make any sense. The characters are all over the place.

It's a bob wannabe!

07-16-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
53. "Cooney"
Dixie has a younger sister named Melanie (they call her "Lanie"). She was played by Paige Turco before they sent her away to college.

07-17-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Cooney"
Wow, really? I have no memory of that. Must have happened during the time I was watching the CBS shows. How much younger than Dixie would she be?

It's a bob wannabe!

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "Melanie (Lanie)"
She was on the show in 1989, the same time that Dixie's evil brother Will was on. Lanie moved to France with her boyfriend, David Rampal, son of Marissa.

Move over Bob, this is an Arkie original

07-21-05, 07:41 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Melanie (Lanie)"
I think they dropped that seed in case Cady decides to come back. That way they have something to fall back on. For I would much rather have Cady. I do not like Di/Dixie one bit

TishyTime

07-26-05, 07:16 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Melanie (Lanie)"
Saw on a site that by the end of the year, maybe early next year Cady will be back. So maybe Di is this Lanie.

TishyTime

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-05, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Guiding Light"
What the heck is going on? I always sort of knew that Phillip would be alive but what the heck?

Rick, Alexandra and Ross are gone? What happened to them? I just an article in TV Guide and CBS has informed all their actors/actresses that they will be taking a 15% cut in pay and will be moving to much smaller studio in the fall. The soap is receiving its worse ratings in years and continually takes last place in the ratings. The show has been renewed for 2 years but the actors are nervous.

07-20-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Guiding Light"
I too always suspected he was alive based solely on how Alan acted at the hospital. I never understood that whole storyline. Phillip and Harley had a big custody fight a while back, then Zach was in the accident and Phillip and Harley made up. Then all of a sudden, he's sick and kidnaps all of his children. There were still anger issues with Olivia at the time he took the kids, not with Harley. But then the whole murder rap shifted to Harley. I realize they needed story, but it was poorly done.

Ross, Alex and Rick are gone from contract status. Rick has not had much of a story since he got Richard's heart, so that was no surprise, the other two were. But there's really not much else to do with them for now. GL has sunk so low in the ratings, I'm surprised it's still on. I only started watching again when Richard died because the story with Reva was powerful. And then I liked Cassie/Edmund, but he's reverted back to the Devil again. Jonathan and Dinah have been great additions, but I don't think it's enough to keep me hooked.

When I miss it now, I really don't miss it.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Guiding Light"
So Alex and Ross just aren't mentioned or were they written out as moving from Springfield?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

07-20-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Guiding Light"
They are still on but there are no guarentees that they will be used in the future. Marj Dusay has made it clear she wants no part of that deal and will leave, probably in a couple months

TishyTime

07-20-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Guiding Light"
Did you get a red flaggy thing from me in response to your's?

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-20-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Guiding Light"
Perhaps they'll end up in Phillip's new world.

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?

Yep, it's a Bob!

07-28-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
68. "GL casting news"
Guess what? Alan remembers he has another son. Yep, Alan-Michael is coming back, although not played by Rick Hearst the best AM. Some newbie is playing him. Lets hope this works.....

TishyTime

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •