The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Speidi owes it all to Lauren's failure to make a sex tape"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Laguna Beach / The Hills Forum (Protected)
Original message

Salila 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-10-08, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Salila Click to send private message to Salila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Speidi owes it all to Lauren's failure to make a sex tape"

There is no sex tape.

How do we know there is no sex tape? Because we haven't seen it. It is not all over the internet.

There are no links.

If such a tape had ever existed, not even the combined resources of MTV and Lauren's family, and I suppose theoretically Jason's family, if he has one, would have been able to keep it off the internet.

Even the Hilton Hotel machine could not keep Paris's tape out of download directories from Tahiti to Tuscaloosa. That is just the reality we live in today.

So whatever Lauren may or may not have done in Spencer's presence, whatever Terrible Secrets he may have heard or seen during the time when the Speidi era overlapped with the Lauren-Heidi roomate era, without a tape, it is just gossip, and gossip from the flesh-colored furred lips of a world class a-hole who has not exactly established himself as a model of credibility.

If in fact he did become privy to any such Terrible Secrets, or witness to any scandalous behavior or tragic hairstyle involving Lauren, then he missed his chance for the big bucks, and shattered forever his dream of becoming the next Rick Salomon.

But, in fairness, we must accord Spencer his props - he has played the non-existent tape - and the viewing public - like a violin, and gotten his name in the mouths of the millions, and exponentially upped his "villain we love to hate" quotient.

If we will take a moment and remember, before the whole sex tape crap, Speidi was known and despised only by Hills fans. People who did not watch the show had no idea who either of them were.

But since all that, they are everywhere! MSNBC or somebody took them to that fancy press party at the White House. A Speidi-less episode of TMZ is a rare thing indeed. They are doing the talk-show circuit, and millions more people are tuning into the Hills just to see what all the fuss is about.

So a cartoon-grade reality show villain, a serial loser, manskank wannabe has successfully propelled himself - and his supporting cast member girlfriend - into the glare of the pseudo-fame stratosphere.

Ironically, had there BEEN a sex tape, it is very unlikely that all that would have happened. He would be, well, just another Rick Salomon, just another Ray-Jay, considering a gig on the Surreal Life as a career zenith.

All the attention would, of course, be on Lauren and her sex tape. Speidi would be forgotten, and fewer people would be able to name the "releaser" of the tape than are now able to identify Jen Bunney in a lineup.

Whatever actual money Spencer has been able to milk from his new-found fame, he owes to Lauren - for neglecting to make a sex tape.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Speidi owes it all to Lauren's ... LCandKCAreMyGirls 05-20-08 1
   RE: Speidi owes it all to Lauren's ... Salila 05-20-08 2
       RE: Speidi owes it all to Lauren's ... jbron8 12-01-08 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LCandKCAreMyGirls 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LCandKCAreMyGirls Click to send private message to LCandKCAreMyGirls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Speidi owes it all to Lauren's failure to make a sex tape"
I think you are spot on about all of this. Spencer uses the old adages, "even bad news is good news," meaning that people are still saying that he's horrible and an a-hole and all that, but it's the point that people are still talking about him. Now, we all eagerly await season four to see what else he can get us to talk about.

I honestly think that Heidi had nothing to do with the rumor that was started. However, I think she found out mid-season three that Spencer was the one that started it, even if he didn't admit it. She knows in her heart that he did, but she's denying it. I don't think she's blinded by love for him, we saw that she wasn't when she told him she needed a break for a bit in late season three. I was so proud of her when she decided to do that. I thought that maybe she was finally realizing the horrible choice that she had made. Unfortunately, she allowed Spencer to sweep her off her feet once more, and allowed him to disrespect her wishes once more by not giving her the space she'd asked for.

I am awaiting season four. I'm normally not one to watch these kinds of shows, but your assessment of Speidi is correct; I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and I did. And now, I'm hooked.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Salila 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-20-08, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Salila Click to send private message to Salila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Speidi owes it all to Lauren's failure to make a sex tape"

If you get a chance, take a look at the Rolling Stone piece

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/20526564/are_they_for_real/print

You know people are writing theses and dissertations about this show. As a socio-cultural phenomenon, it is enormous. It has become representative, I think, of the whole reality show thing. TMZ was saying last night that reality stars are now becoming more famous than actual performers, actors, etc.

I have no doubt that Spencer will be, if not President of the US, a very successful politician.

One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

jbron8 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-08, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbron8 Click to send private message to jbron8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Speidi owes it all to Lauren's failure to make a sex tape"
I'm kinda late on this but thanks for sharing this. yeah i kinda figured that it was all a hoax. you know in real life lauren and heidi could be best friends. we all know the show is more scripted now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •