The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5848 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-17, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""

Ben and Lauren form a Heroes/Hustlers super alliance, but they need to spend less time working on their superhero costumes and more time monitoring conniving Joe and clueless Cole.

The big news is the puppy pile of Cole, Joe and Mike as they struggle under the tribe flag to find the advantage buried there. Chrissy was contemplating a Ronda Rousey style armbar, but she just couldn't get her omoplata to work.

This week's challenge relies on concentration, so Cole has demanded that women, surfboards and butterflies be cleared from the area. Good luck with that.

Mark "I love walks on the beach and digging holes for contestants to fall into" Burnett

Remembering Doc... 1/26/1928 - 10/15/2017

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-16-17 1
   RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-16-17 2
       RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... kingfish 11-17-17 3
           RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-17-17 4
               RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... kingfish 11-17-17 5
                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-17-17 6
                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... kingfish 11-17-17 9
                           RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-17-17 10
                               RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-18-17 11
                                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-18-17 14
                                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-19-17 23
                           RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-18-17 12
                               RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... kingfish 11-18-17 16
                                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-18-17 19
                                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... kingfish 11-19-17 24
                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-18-17 15
                           RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... kingfish 11-18-17 20
                               RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-19-17 22
       RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-17-17 7
           RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-18-17 18
               RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-19-17 25
                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... michel2 11-22-17 29
                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Pl... Aruba 11-22-17 31
 I'm fixing a hole where the rain ge... kingfish 11-17-17 8
   RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... Aruba 11-18-17 13
       RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... kingfish 11-18-17 17
           RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... Aruba 11-19-17 21
               RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... kingfish 11-19-17 26
                   RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... Aruba 11-21-17 27
                       RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... kingfish 11-21-17 28
                           RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... Aruba 11-22-17 30
                               RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rai... kingfish 11-23-17 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 2689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-16-17, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
The Aruba Commission’s Findings for Episode #8:

#1 – The Commission is sure this will come up on several posts/threads. Anyone who STILL thinks it was ridiculous that the reaction to Chrissy’s “Smarty Pants” blunders during last week's IC were “incredible” needs to reevaluate their shock. If 30 x 30 = 900 is “3rd Grade Math,” what is 11-1?? The Commission determines no way it got past Chrissy, but this time “Smarty Pants” decided to REALLY play it smart and keep her trap shut...

#2 – ...except of course when embellishing her reaction to what they were playing for at the RC. Add a Spaghetti Dinner and Caesar Salad to the list of Chrissy endorsing Edvard Munch’s painting “The Scream.” Had she continued her exaggerating theatrics at the Reward, perhaps she could have nauseated the guys enough to have that feast all to herself.

#3 – The latest boot should eliminate the possibility of any silly future sexual harassment allegations against the Aruba Commission for this season.

#4 – For those still unable to differentiate between INITIATING a deliberate lie vs. simply not offering information or being pressed to REACT to a situation in a less than truthful manner, the Commission is searching for the footage or scenes where Ben specifically assured Joe (and the minority voting block) that Jessica was safe. Or Joe/Jessica asking Ben if Jessica was safe pressing him to answer in an untruthful manner. Did Joe and those who voted Chrissy at last TC expect Ben to be a moron and freely and willingly offer the Jessica boot info to them while putting the player who assured Ben he is her “#1” at risk? Joe thought so, and went on to solidify what an obnoxious punk he truly is by bringing Ben’s Service to Country into the equation in a most inappropriate manner.

#5 – Anyone who needs to question the strain of holding that long pole at the IC should direct their attention to Ryan’s heart literally beating out from his exposed ribcage! Executive Producer JP considered it noteworthy enough to mention emphasizing the strain effect.

#6 – Ben cleverly used the natural surroundings and backdrop as an impromptu hiding spot to listen in on Joe and his efforts to direct the vote toward Ben. It has come to the Commission’s attention, Tony filed a lawsuit for patent infringement on his Cagayan “Spy Shack” that was an integral part of his proactive play to win that season.

#7 – Even though it was intended as a humorous sarcasm, the Aruba Commission admits to making a poor attempt at playing the role of Conspiracy Theorist. The mocking determination that the advantage within the nails was “rigged” to be found by a man proved to be what it was intended to be—a sarcastic goof when it actually ended up being discovered by FEMALE Lauren.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-16-17, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-17 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Finding #1: I'm sure everyone there realized that a vote was missing but production loves their twist so much that any mention of it was simply edited out. It has to look like a "secret advantage" even if it isn't.

Finding #2: You have a weird fixation on scripted reactions.

Finding #3: The latest boot proves that this season is all about eliminating the pretty women. Luckily, we still have Ashley and Chrissy who isn't bad at all.

Finding #4: Watch again: Mike clearly blamed Ben for lying to him. Not dumbass Cole, not naive Jessica nor overly tactical Joe but DOCTOR MIKE who has proven to be a very honorable man up to now.

Finding #5: Is the commisionner blind? This week's IC completely, unequivocally and fabulously proved my point from last week: If Cole and JP, the biggest guys there, were able to win THIS balance beam challenge then they could have done the same last week. A skeletor doesn't need much effort to be overtaxed but it musn't have been that hard because he clearly beat last week's showing.

Finding #6: Not only is the comissioner blind, he also has memory loss: If anyone has a patent on listening from the bushes it HAS to be Sandra in Pearl Islands where she famously listened from behind the bushes to Fairplay and Burton's schemes.

Finding #7: Lauren found it days after it was planted and we can mostly blame that dumbass Cole for missing the clue in the first place.

kingfish 20010 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-17, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
#1. I'm quite sure most survivors did not do the math immediately, or even for a while. In her post eviction interview on the RTVW page, Desi admitted that she didn't either, blaming (essentially) exhaustion and the fog of war, and she wasn't the dumbest beachcomber there. Cole and Devon, the 'Duh' brothers, one of whom who actually touched the clue without noticing it, are on the beach, so...

Actually, I would bet that Chrissy soon did figure it out and smartly kept it to herself. But what to do with the info? Detective work is what. Mrs. Marple is on the case.

The only person that seemed to consider the possibility that someone might guess that someone hadn't voted was Lauren (per her confessional when reading the clue). Lauren is more thoughtful than some have given her credit for.

All this having been said, I can't help but think that with time to consider, and possibly in discussions around the campfire, that the 10 vote mystery will be seen. As will the 11 vote mystery in the next TC if Jeff doesn't announce it.

#2. There is no need for a scripted reaction when starving and the prize is food. I made spaghetti for dinner that night as well.

#3. I agree that this season seems to have an anti-pretty girl motif. I think Rona got involved with the boot script. However with the current ultra sensitivity to perceived harassment climate (what? a friendly boob squeeze is off limits now? Is this North Korea?), the Commission should still keep it's lawyers on retainer.

#4. The commission makes a good point. And Jessica couldn't have voted this time since she was booted last time. And both Cole and Mike voted for Joe. I think Mike may have been the one most likely to have changed his vote to Desi. I'd give it the likelihood of 40% (Mike), 20% (Ashley), 30% (Chrissy - she might have done it to not go to Rocks), and 10% (Dumbass Cole).

#5. If anyone would be assumed to have an advantage in balance and concentration challenges, it would have to be the surfers. I have to admit that I don't buy the low center of gravity theory completely, although it's a tempting explanation, I'll admit women have a lovely center of gravity.

I think just walking will elevate Ryan's blood pressure and heart beat to make it visible. They guy has no meat on his body between his heart and air.

The balance beam is just a traditional event for women (tiny wiry and exceptionally brave women), I have no doubt that tiny, wiry, and brave men could do as well, or better.

#6. My first thought when watching Ben peeping from the bushes was of Tony's stupid spy shack antics. I don't even remember Sandra doing that way back then, so for me that certainly wasn't the event that defined bush spying.

#7. Anything to take credit away from Lauren, under any circumstances, eh Michel? Well, at some point she'll probably be evicted (law of averages for any survivor) and then you can go crazy.

However, I admit that Cole was the dumbass, the video of his pulling out a nail from around the clue was juxtaposed with his confessional claiming that he "had to find an HI clue". Hilarious, the editors are really having their fun with him.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

11-17-17, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-17 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

#1: I see you'll use anything to give credit to Lauren...Now, that's funny! I'm sure most of them had a "wait a minute" moment when Jeff said: "One vote left" but it was edited out.

#2: When you go to a sporting event, there's always that dumb sign on the scoreboard "NOISE" and the troops all make noise. Or if you go to watch a live recording of a talk show, you'll have that guy whose job is to warm up the crowd and order them to applaud on cue. The Survivors probably have the same directions.

#3: As far as I know, girl watching is still allowed...

#4: Mike clearly said: "Ben lied to me". And where did you get that I said Jessica could have voted? I just said that the accusation of lying came from Mike this time, not from others like we heard in the past.

#5: Devon is the surfer. Cole and JP are far from tiny, wiry men...

#6: Your failing memory isn't my fault. That scene with Sandra was memorable.

#7: I'm not taking credit away from Lauren: It did take her a few days to find the clue and that's all I said.

PS. Place a chair next to a wall then bend at the waist so that your head is an inch or so from the wall right above the chair. Grab the sides of the chair with both hands and try to lift it just with your arms without lifting your head or having it touch the wall. Men won't be able to do it, while women will have no problems at all.

11-17-17, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
1. Yeah, right. That's how it MUST have been. Another invention? I guess in bashers that's legal, but I don't know what Lauren did to aggravate you so.

2. You should stop overusing the word "Probably". It shouldn't be used to coverup blue sky guesses.

3. Agreed. It's a real sport. Or should be. Might not get away with awarding point scores, though.

4. Read this quote from your post; "Finding #4: Watch again: Mike clearly blamed Joe for lying to him. Not dumbass Cole, not naive Jessica nor overly tactical Joe but DOCTOR MIKE who has proven to be a very honorable man up to now."

5. Right. Devon is the surfer. Cole is the rock climber. For whom the gift of balance is actually a life saving talent. The tiny wiry men comment was a reference to an earlier comment by Aruba (I think) in regard to why men weren't balance beam competitors. I was just saying that like the small wiry women who do it, small wiry men could do just as well.

6. Another quote from another of your posts: "#6: Your failing memory isn't my fault. That scene with Sandra was memorable."

You see the problem with statement, don't you? If it isn't remembered (from 14 years ago, no less) it wasn't really all that memorable, let alone the "MOST MEMORABLE", was it. The Wikipedia description of events that season doesn't even mention that "Most Memorable" event.

Also, I don't blame you for my failing memory. Age will get to you too someday.

7. And yet another of your quotes; "Finding #7: Lauren found it days after it was planted and we can mostly blame that dumbass Cole for missing the clue in the first place."

You not only take away her credit for finding the clue (first, I might add), you say that she found it because Cole did not. Hey, she found it first, and you can't blame her for Cole's failing perceptiveness. Yet you do.

PS. What? I had no problem doing that. 6'2", 230 lbs. Awkward, but doable. I credit my size 12's for providing the moment arm balance.

11-17-17, 08:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
#1 & #2: So which is which? Please make up your mind! I write what I think happened in both cases. I didn't use probably or some other form to indicate speculation in #1 but then you'd still be upset. I wasn't there so EVERYTHING I say about what we didn't see on TV has to be speculation but it's based on watching 35 seasons of this crap.

#4 Thanks for transcribing my sentence, I edited the error because I clearly meant to write Mike blamed Ben for lying to him. As for the Jessica comment, I simply meant that Aruba would never buy someone LIKE Jessica accusing Ben of lying but Dr. Mike has more credibility even to him.

5- I know that men can have balance but Aruba said that the balance beam meant that only women could win the F12 IC. The F11IC proves him wrong but he'll cartainly use Ryan's beating heart to say the F11 IC was harder physically. I'd point out that Ryan had less problems with the F11 IC than the F12 one!

6- The fact that YOU don't remember it doesn't mean it wasn't memorable. Many viewers loved Sandra for doing that. She even did it in Heroes vs Vilains, spying on Russell when he went searching for idols.

7- I'm not taking credit away from Lauren, just stating that it took her a few days to find it. Isn't that a fact?! Also, it is a fact that Cole was the first to have his hand on the nails so he had the first opportunity. This isn't a criticism of Lauren at all so please stop twisting my words.

PS. I forgot to mention that you have to stand far enough from the wall that your back is parallel to the floor. Try it now and ask for a woman, any woman, any size, to do it.

11-17-17, 09:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Another of your quotes "#2: When you go to a sporting event, there's always that dumb sign on the scoreboard "NOISE" and the troops all make noise. Or if you go to watch a live recording of a talk show, you'll have that guy whose job is to warm up the crowd and order them to applaud on cue. The Survivors probably have the same directions.

Try to keep up.

11-17-17, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
For the record, I feel the same way when I witness the nauseating fan embellishment at sporting events. Although I will say from my observation (more times than not) it isn't so much the "fans" as much as it's "alcohol."

Or how about the grown men walking around like horse's asses wearing face paint. Losers!

11-18-17, 03:23 AM (EST)
11. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
On that we completely agree!

11-18-17, 07:51 AM (EST)
14. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
YAHOOOOO! We have a landmark occurrence!!

Excuse me while I walk over to the window and look outside to see if it's snowing! HaHa

11-19-17, 12:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
It snowed here...

11-18-17, 03:28 AM (EST)
12. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Well, you certainly realize that we aren't shown everything so, if I want to fill the blanks, what other form should I use? Would you prefer "Possibly"? For me those two are synonyms but maybe possibly has less certainty than probably.

11-18-17, 12:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
For you "probably" is a synonym for "possibly"? That does explain a lot.

Since you asked, I would use each appropriately.

11-18-17, 05:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
So it's a question of semantics, not Survivor! Maybe "probablement" et "possiblement" are closer in Franch than in English but:

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/probably

Possibly is listed as a synonym of probably...

11-19-17, 12:40 PM (EST)
24. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
But not the other way around. And it is semantics and proper word usage. Semantics is a real thing, and is useful in presenting ideas properly.

"Probably" is not necessarily a synonym for "Possibly" unless you know the odds, and if they are greater than 50%. You used "probably" when you should have used "Possibly", and by doing so you actually changed the logic of your idea from one that may have some (maybe real low, even say, 1 in a trillion?) chance of occurring to one that more than likely (at least 51% chance) did happen. You should have used "possibly" to be accurate because you didn't not know that it was "probable", only that it was "Possible".

It is appropriate to check the definitions of each:

Probable:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/probable?s=t

Possible:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/possible?s=t

Thanks for the French lesson. It is possiblement that this will be helpful this summer when I visit France. Not probablement, but possiblement.

11-18-17, 09:07 AM (EST)
15. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
>PS. I forgot to mention
>that you have to stand
>far enough from the wall
>that your back is parallel
>to the floor. Try
>it now and ask for
>a woman, any woman, any
>size, to do it.

And your heels cannot come up off the floor.

You know my favorite band of all-time is the Beatles. Now I'll share my favorite TV show of all-time...All in the Family.

This chair experiment was the focus of an episode when Archie Bunker went off on one of his rants that men are better than women at EVERYTHING. Classic TV!

Michel is right...it does have to do with a lower center of gravity. Also weight distribution. Men generally carried most of their weight in the upper body making this task more difficult. Whereas it is easier for women because they generally carry more weight/area in the hip/pelvic section of their bodies. An anatomical fact which is why they are built to bear children.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

11-18-17, 07:25 PM (EST)
20. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-17 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

I'm not doing it again even though I still think my big feet would give my a sufficient moment arm to do it.

I can accept that a bigger butt that makes a typical women's center of gravity proportionally lower than a typical male's center of gravity. I don't accept that a lower center of gravity automatically gives a woman better balance.

I know that some traits such balance, hand eye coordination, hitting a baseball, shooting a basket, running speed, throwing a ball or kicking a ball, or flipping on a balance beam can be enhanced thru repetition and practice. And I know that everyone has a natural affinity for some things based on genes and physicality. I also know that it's conversely true that no matter how much some of us (ok, me) practice, there is a limit to what we can achieve.

But it's my contention that a surfer (Devon) or a rock climber (Cole) who have had to develop a sense of balance could and even should be favored over a woman that has a bigger butt. I realize that with this reasoning that Devon should have held on longer, but Cole did actually win. I don't think anyone has a bigger butt than Lauren (no, I'm not calling her fat. Well muscled under an insulating layer, maybe, but not fat) and she dropped out 7th of 12 in the first balancing act, and 3rd of 10 in the second. Her center of gravity didn't really help her either time.

I guess my point really is that it is a mistake to overgeneralize based on body type when in reality there are a lot of factors in play.

11-19-17, 12:27 PM (EST)
22. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Yes, other factors come into play. One such factor is concentration. Ryan did not bow out of last week’s IC because of lack of balance or lack of arm strength...he failed to establish the initial concentration needed to get the ball rolling. In that same challenge, Mike went out because Jeff asked a question that Mike attempted to answer while trying to maintain the ball momentum and failed. I do not recall what Jeff actually said another time, but he did so to distract the competitors. Chrissy took the bait, looked over to what Jeff was referencing and that’s how she went out.

Listen, I never said men are incapable of achieving any balance...it’s just a discipline more advantageous to women. ALL women? Of course not because, as you accurately stated, body type comes into play. And for the same reason ALL men will not possess more upper body strength than ALL women 100% of the time. But I do believe generalizations can accurately be made pertaining to disciplines more advantageous to a particular gender.

With that said, I believe rock-climbing involves FAR MORE upper body strength than balance. And whereas balance is imperative for surfing, the world class grand champion surfers need to maintain their balance for 15-30 SECONDS tops. That’s a far cry from 15-30 MINUTES.

11-17-17, 08:43 PM (EST)
7. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Hey, see we have some action. I like it! My replies...to the replies...

#1 – A possible theory...one that will be proven or disproven in time. On Wednesday Production could have omitted any questions or confusion when only ten votes were counted, yet it is doubtful that could be continued throughout the entire rest of the season. The Commission determines it was either more than just Ben and Lauren who were privy to the advantage or given the repercussions Chrissy dealt with after showcasing her quickness, the castaways would understandably feel discretion was the better part of valor here.

#2 – As for your “scripted” reactions...
” PAUL IS DEAD MAN, MISS HIM, MISS HIM” LOL
What you regard as “weird fixation,” a more accurate assessment is “honest disgust.” Embellishers will embellish regardless of any reward or penalty because you are who you are. You think NHL players want to put their teams in jeopardy by sitting in the penalty box for embellishment? But they do because they are who they are. Then again, it wouldn’t be surprising if you thought the NHL was “scripted” as well.

#3 – Yeah, we hear ya. The pickins’ are gettin’ pretty slim. Ashley and Chrissy are not all that bad. Suppose most females would be beauty queens next to Lauren.

#4 – The Commission could watch it 100X and still not view anywhere or any time Ben assured ANYONE from the voting minority Jessica was not at risk. That’s one of the beauties of a blindside. Sure the post Yawa tribe was hoping they had Ben aboard, but truth be told, Ben had an alliance deal with Chrissy well before the swap put Ben at a disadvantage. And Chrissy promised him a #1 partnership. If anyone has a bug up their butt over that, then perhaps one of the post-swap tribe members (including Mr. “Very Honorable” Mike) should have beaten Chrissy to the punch and made a similar offer to Ben FIRST!
Yes, more than just Joe were upset, but last episode being upset with Ben’s decision not to stick with the post-swap tribe was focused clearly on Sluggo.

#5 – The Commission has perfect eyesight. Perfect enough to see how the superlative adjectives Michel used on himself makes him a comical legend in his own mind.
First off, the strain and efforts to hold that pole is far greater than allowing the momentum to spin a ball around a wooden sphere. The mere act of keeping your arms/upper body in motion (spinning the ball) makes it MUCH less demanding and straining than having to keep your arms stationary (holding the long pole.)
Last week’s IC, the second half required the remaining competitors to move down to a THINNER balance beam requiring a lower center of gravity, i.e. female advantage. Hence the last two remaining were Desi and Ashley. This week the second half required the remaining competitors to move back on the SAME WIDTH balance beam but FURTHER AWAY from the figurine putting MORE STRAIN on the arms, i.e. male advantage. Hence the last two remaining were Cole and JP.
The Commission concludes, Michel’s continued attempts to toss an orange in a bushel of apples trying in vain to spin a similarity gives him high marks for perseverance.

#6 – Apparently someone else needs the eye exam because nowhere it was stated Tony would WIN the lawsuit. The Commission reported Tony just FILED the lawsuit believing his coined phrase “spy shack” gives him exclusive rights to ease dropping on Survivor.
Truth of the matter, Production could probably air a two-hour special of all former castaways who successfully ease dropped to acquire important and game-changing information.

#7 – Yes, Cole is a dumbass. Although he was not the only one who overlooked the advantage during the three days it was partially exposed.

11-18-17, 02:30 PM (EST)
18. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
#1: I'm really happy that you credit me with a "possible theory". That's all I ever want. Thank you and I mean it.

#2: The real problem is that sometimes it works when NHL players embellish a hit, dramatize their pain. Here also, the real problem is that those embellishers often get re-invitations and then we have another of these abominable season with returning players.

#3: At least we'll see Desi all cleaned up in the jury box. Hopefully she won't be a disappointment like Hali for example.

#4: Finally! Yes, Ben was playing the game when he betrayed Yawa. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that because lying and betrayal are part of this evil game we like so much.

#5: You may think you have perfect eyesight but an important factor escaped your eagle eyes:

This week the beam didn't get thinner BECAUSE IT WAS VERY THIN FROM THE START! Last week, they started on a very wide board, larger than their feet, but now, as Jiffy said himself: "That beam is very thin and narrow". Yet, it didn't prevent JP and Cole from beating the women. They had the same chance last time.

CQFD

#6: OK, I'll give you this but nowhere in your statement was an indication that Tony's law suit was frivolous. In fact, the commission sounded like it was endorsing it, thus my reply. I don't know if you remember but Boo in Fiji also set up a spy position near the water well to hear when people would decide to vote him out. He worked so long at it that people had time to plan everything back in camp!

#7: Agreed again!

We have agreement or close to it on 6 points out of 7 which must be a record.

11-19-17, 12:47 PM (EST)
25. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Finally! Yes, Ben would not freely and willingly OFFER information detrimental to himself and the alliance partner who assured him he was her #1. Because you refuse to analyze the means to achieve the end and as a result will forever be unable to differentiate deliberately initiating an infraction as oppose to being put between a rock and a hard place and forced to react...to continue this “discussion” is a lost cause.

Well if your eyes are more “eagle” than mine, please provide actual measurements in inches for A) the beam the competitors started off on last week’s IC, B) the thinner beam they were required to advance to in that same challenge, and C) the width of the beam in this week’s IC. If you are unable to provide accurate and verifiable measures, then your reply has little to no basis trying to compare the final beam from last week’s IC to the beam used for this week’s IC. Here’s an accurate fact that did not “escape my eagle eyes:” On the “narrow” beam (according to Jeff) FOUR of the first FIVE competitors to drop out were MEN. The one “female” was Lauren with her unfeminine-like body type.

What we do know is in last week’s IC they had to advance to a THINNER beam more advantageous for the women and in this week’s IC they needed to hold the pole FURTHER BACK more advantageous for the men. While we are quoting Jeff, the reason Chrissy’s drop “came out of nowhere” (according to Jeff) is because she understandably was able to maintain better balance on the beam during the initial half of challenge thus looked solid early on, and then understandably was unable to keep the figurine upright when having to move backwards putting more strain on her arms.

If a lawsuit is filed, the Commission will report it. It is up to the Judicial System to determine if it is “frivolous” or not.

11-22-17, 10:24 AM (EST)
29. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Regarding Ben's lies, it's not a question of refusing to analyze the means to achieve the end but simply a nother question of semantics: A lie is a lie and this game forces you to lie.

I've emailed Jeff, asking him to ship the boards directly to you so that you can inspect them. In the meantime, I've given you an image of the latest board and it's so thin that the other couldn't have been smaller. Yet, let's admit that you are right for once and that the first challenge favored women and the second favored men, I still have to ask: What's the big deal? It's still evens out for your guys doesn't it???

In case you didn't know, no lawsuits were filed or even considered!!!

11-22-17, 08:37 PM (EST)
31. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S35 Ep08: "Playing With Yourself, You Devil You.""
Like I said, your refusal to differentiate makes this a “lost cause.” I don’t know how the Judicial System works in your country, but if you ever decide to immigrate to the USA, PLEASE do NOT consider showing up for Jury Duty.

This discussion about the Ep. 7 IC favoring the women especially in the second part of that challenghe was brought up when the Commission reminded everyone at times when the first post-merge IC favored one gender dual INs were sometimes awarded. It did not occur this season, thus the Commission concluded, “No shout outs are given to Production for consistency.” In the Be The Survivor format that should have been sufficient, but this finding blew up into an all-out banter when you attempted to force feed a bogus “similarity.”

Actually in a reply post the Commission even went so far to say, “Personally, nothing to scream foul about because we’re sure to have challenges more geared toward the physically strong later.” And that is actually what happened in the following episode. Now had you reread ALL of the Commission’s posts there would have been no need to ask “what’s the big deal?”

Anyone who deliberately provides partial information in a meager attempt to support its own personal cause has no place telling the Commission what it knows or doesn’t know. The Commission KNOWS.

11-17-17, 09:04 PM (EST)
8. "I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
Hello hello hello, here we are once again, in my headquarters far above the beach maggots and their petty squabbles and sand fights. It is I, Nasty McBathrooms, bringing you the latest blow by blow. And there's been a lot of blowing going on.

Obviously the usual blowing by my beach sprites to gather spoiler info (they do do their duty, and they love their work) was in full swing this week as it is every week. And I really love them, they are all girl graduates of the Really Really Raunchy Girls Post Graduate School of Sandy Crotches and Knee Pad Studies.

But in addition there were other kinds of blowing by the Survivor maggots themselves. There was Ben blustering at Joe, there was Chrissy blowing for help at the digging hole, and there was the wind in Lauren's sails as she found the latest twisty clue. And there was a Cheshire smile blowing all over Ryan's face as he watched others free for all fighting for an HI that he had in his pink shorts (ewwww!). I have to admit, that if I were Ryan you'd never get that grin off of my face either. And there was a whole lot of shaking going on at TC.

So, I guess we got a lot to talk about. Here goes.

Blowhard Spoiler #1: At the last TC, Joe fell victim to Chrissy's Plan B which was hatched by Ben and Lauren. Figure that one out.

Blowhard Spoiler #2: While explaining to the camera that he was going to concentrate on finding an HI or a clue from the reward, he pulled out a nail from a bundle, not noticing that the clue was in the bundle. Now, this was probably edited to make Cole look really really dumb, he probably wasn't actually saying that as his fingers grazed the clue, but it worked. He looks really really dumb.

Blowhard Spoiler #3: Ben says that he wants to control the reins on the Heros/Hustlers. He didn't say who was going to get the horse's tail butt plug (again, ewww).

Blowhard Spoiler #4: The survivor pig out challenge followed the reward challenge. It was actually a combo pigout challenge (who had the audacity to eat the most spaghetti that was meant to feed six reward winners) and a dumbass challenge about who could do the dumbest thing with the clue under the spaghetti plate.

The Pigout challenge was won by Cole (who else), as was the dumbass challenge. Cole found the clue which was exposed under the clear glass plate as he ate thru half of the food. He apparently figured that no one would think it unusual that spaghetti would be served on a cloth napkin, so he put the spaghetti on the napkin and the napkin on the plate clear glass. Now when the next eater came up, they wouldn't be able to see the clue. Chrissy was up next and promply finds the clue that cole so cleverly (not) hid, but to her discredit, she also hides the clue under the napkin. Finally Ryan threw the plate with the clue on it into the bushes.

Actually Devon and JP who never found the clue because they didn't eat as much as Cole to expose it, and Chrissy who didn't think to dispose of the plate altogether all run a close senond in the dumbass part of this challenge. Joe ate last, by his own choice, he's kind of a dumbass too.

Blowhard Spoiler #5: You want another dumbass Cole move? After they finished the meal, he heard Ryan and Chrissy whispering, and figured out that they too had seen the clue and knew where the HI was buried. And resolved that he would watch them like a hawk. Sooooo, at camp he casually went to go pee. Which gave Ryan a chance to dig it up. Which he promptly did. Chrissy followed Ryan to the hole and also started digging. Cole returned from his very ill timed pee break and, seeing Chrissy digging where the HI was supposed to be buried, panicked, ran to the hole, and tried to push little Chrissy aside. Then Ben joined in the melee. After they were back at camp, Ben accused Cole of having it because his shirt was untucked.

If Cole had gone for a #2 in the woods, he would have never seen Chrissy digging and been spared some of his predicament. Also, if he had started throwing his feces, they would have probably gotten out of the hole more quickly (another ewwww moment).

Needless to say, at the end of the day Cole had effed up six ways from Sunday.

Blowhard Spoiler #6: At TC no one noticed that there were only 10 votes in round one. Also, someone flipped on Desi in round two. And the wind in the sails of my libido is on the verge of blowing out.

Nasty McBathrooms
If it's yellow, it's mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. Also run away screaming if it starts to crawl out.

11-18-17, 07:48 AM (EST)
13. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
#4 – YES, quite a comical “dumbass” sequence during the reward. Although it pains me to do so, I have to give a pass to Joe. I actually consider that a good game-playing move to volunteer last. It was also the appropriate thing to do since he didn’t compete in the challenge.

#5 – And what is wrong with Chrissy making it obvious with her whispering to Ryan? She did the same thing with Ben during the Merge feast. Ben even told her to tone it down, but she said no one would hear because of the “wind.” HMMMM, I guess she thought the wind was just as strong when they were laying around after the reward feast. But the wind’s not going to prevent the others from seeing.

#6 – My feeling is Desi was the boot over Joe going into TC. The majority went in with the guys (4) voting for Desi and the girl’s (3) voting for Joe before Lauren advised Ben about her advantage. Had the minority four voted Ben, the girls were going to flip their votes to Desi anyway. Even with Lauren not voting for a 4(Desi)-2(Joe)-4(Ben), a revote still results in a Desi boot.

When the first vote resulted in 4-Desi and 4-Joe, it may have been unexpected to the voting majority that Joe got four votes as well. Certainly, we could have had commotion and scrambling right before the revote given the fact Joe was now vulnerable with no idol threat. Although we have seen whispering, scrambling, and reevaluations during TC, I cannot recall if there’s ever been that kind of activity right before a revote?
In any event, I believe the majority went into TC with Desi as the primary target, and even despite Joe’s unexpected vulnerability after the initial vote, I can’t be too overly critical with the majority simply completing the task they went in with and dealing with Joe at another TC.
Just my personal thoughts.

BTW...I'm liking the title of your post. What Beatle fan wouldn't...but PLEASE don't tell me you believe the Conspiracy Theory that "Paul is Dead."

11-18-17, 12:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
Well, the only point you make that I would really argue with is the one about Joe's move. Admittedly he did say that he was volunteering to eat last in order to gain favor with his tribemates.

But...

Often there has been an HI clue secreted somewhere at a reward feast. Anyone with half a brain and the opportunity to do so would go first. An even better game playing move than what he thought of would be to try and find the HI clue before anyone else.

And the word phrase "appropriate thing to do" ranks up there with "at least I had integrity", and "I did the honorable thing". They are all loser's excuses in Survivor. And if they happen to be starving, which they were, letting Cole eat anytime but last is a really dumb move even without the consideration of a possible HI clue. The guy cannot help himself it seems.

OK, rereading your post, I would also make the point that Chrissy could have avoided alerting Cole to the fact that she and Ryan also knew about the clue. She was just lucky that Cole was stupid enough to take a leak even though he knew of the danger.

There are various theories about what happened with the vote at TC. I'm still puzzled, and yours is as good as any. Except that I do not think there was agreement on voting Desi before TC when Joe was such an obvious target. Part of the reason for the vote in the last TC (Plan B) was to force out Joe's HI so that he could be voted out at this TC. So I have to suspect strongly that Joe was still the primary target for some of the Heroes/Hustlers preTC.

What I am really puzzled about is why neither Joe nor (especially) Desi didn't vote for the other in the first round. Joe's vote for Ben was more understandable, he had talked up a plan to get Ben beforehand, and they had had that argument at camp when Joe was really put on the defensive. But Desi's vote for Lauren? I guess there a little dumbass in all of them.

I also considered "I Saw Her Digging There". "Helter Skelter". So many choices though.

11-19-17, 12:17 PM (EST)
21. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
Another good call with Joe making a bonehead decision to let Cole be among the first to feast. Even if he was not as privy as the others about Cole’s eating prowess, just the fact he was still smarting over Jessica’s boot should have been a no-brainer he would have purposely eaten more than his share just to be vengeful. Had Joe purposely chose himself to go first, NO WAY it would have gotten past Ryan and Chrissy he was doing that to go clue searching...even if he promised to eat less than his share. No question that would have backfired in his face.

“Integrity” and “Honor” were reoccurring themes in Tom Westman’s statements and answers to the questions at FTC in Palau. I never regarded them as “excuses,” and they sure were not coming from a “loser.”

Because there were more male voters than female voters, if Joe was the obvious target going into TC, then all the men should have voted for Joe and the women vote for Desi. By specifically hearing “all men vote for Desi” pretty much tells me more votes would be casted for Desi during the initial vote, so that makes Desi the initial target to me. Hearing Joe tell “Baby Doll” he stayed true to her while Desi was bringing up her torch to Jeff makes me believe they had a pact to not vote for each other. Now why Desi voted Lauren is a good question, but a non-factor in the overall scheme of things.

11-19-17, 01:15 PM (EST)
26. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-17 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

If Joe had gone first and searched for the clue, more than likely he would have found it. He's been pretty good at that so far.

And Ryan and Chrissy may have guessed, or not if he was savvy enough to hide the plate as Ryan was. But in either case he would have the clue, a big advantage that he lost because he didn't think to go first. Worst case if he did find the clue and didn't hide it from the rest, he would have the clue and they would not, and he's still better off than if he had never gone first.

Tom was a decent guy. And he was a winner. But he was the exception. Check the record of all Survivors that based their game on “Integrity” and “Honor”. And you'll find that those are just excuses from a lot of losers. Survivor is a competition where it is strategic to deceive and improvise within the rules, and values such as Integrity and Honor are misplaced and actually are disadvantageous to oneself, and to be preyed on in others, much as competitions like Poker are. For what it's worth, the TV audience does applaud those like Tom. But most of the players like him lose.

You dismiss that fact that Joe was the target of phase 2 of Plan B that was initiated in the last TC? That just as many women voted for Joe in the first vote should tell us that Desi wasn't necessarily the target before TC. And the fact that some (only 4) of the men voted for Desi in round 1 could have been just to provide a secondary target in case Joe had another HI, and to keep the boot from boomerang on one of Heroes/Hustlers.

It's also possible that whoever uttered the words "All the Men vote for Desi" was only speaking for himself, and that he was trying to suggest that others follow along. Some might have agreed, some mightn't, but that inclusion by the editors doesn't necessarily suggest tribal consensus.

11-21-17, 08:55 PM (EST)
27. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
If Joe had gone first I agree with you he more than likely finds the clue, but no way anyone will convince me Sluggo would have had enough smarts to do what Chrissy and Cole didn’t do and Ryan did. Ryan and Chrissy would not have allowed him to breath anywhere near the flag so I doubt he would have ended up possessing it. If anything, he then becomes the primary target Desi was at TC.

The reason I dismiss what kind of target Joe may have been in Ep. 7 is because we’re talking about Ep. 8. I’m not sure what you’re talking about when you mention “phase 2 of plan B?” When I mentioned all the men voting one way and the women vote the other, I’m talking about the MAJORITY SEVEN voting block who were going to ultimately throw most of their votes to Desi. I’m not talking about the minority four because the majority seven would not know as a fact how those four were going to vote. At the end of the day, when four of the seven in the majority block votes for its primary target, it doesn’t really matter what the genders of those four are.

Yes, Tom Westman was an anomaly indeed. That’s what makes him the best who ever played. Although with the tens of thousands who have aspirations to play Survivor, I honestly believe there are more Westman’s out there...unfortunately Production does a crappy job casting those type. On the contrary, I feel much of the TV audience applaud the season Tom played...and for good reason. Yes, when I DO check the record I recall LOTS of excuses. These are from Survivors and their meager attempts at self-preservation trying to backpedal with lame excuses that the lies, backstabbing, andcowardly backstabbing was just an “act” and not really “them.” What’s even more sad are the fans and viewers who guzzle down that kool-aid.

11-21-17, 11:59 PM (EST)
28. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-17 AT 11:59 PM (EST)

This was my understanding from watching the confessionals. Plan A was to vote Joe out. But they (Ben and Lauren) formulated Plan B because they suspected Joe had an HI. When Chrissy decided to go to B&L's plan B, Phase 1 was to see if they could fool Joe into playing a idol in Ep7. At the time, Phase 2 was to vote him out in Ep 8.

Then they switched to Cole, and things became unglued when Cole won IC.

Joe should still have been the evictee in EP 8, and IMO, also in EP9. Cole is still there, so we shall see how much more unglued it can get.

Will just have to agree to disagree about who the best Survivor in history was. I think Denise Stapely was because she wasn't completely blinded by what would be considered on the outside moral play. She played the game to win at all costs within the rules and using a practical strategy, not necessarily honesty and integrity. Sandra has to high on anybody's list, but to me, Denise's game was so much more sophisticated.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you, and I hope a little bit of the festivity can brighten Michel's week also.

11-22-17, 08:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
Trying to determine a definitive target based on confessions can be tricky. Sure you can note specific confessions that painted Joe as the primary target taking into account what was said by a player at a given point in time. I can also refer to a confessional by Ryan when he specifically stated Desi as the target...and we can go back and forth.

No doubt there’s plenty of jockeying and indecisions leading up to TC, yet the final decision on the primary target will be known by the viewers when the votes are read, It is commonplace to have a target in mind AND let the player you believe has an II think he/she is the primary target to flush out the idol. That’s Survivor’s version of killing two birds with one stone.

I’m sticking to my original statement that the majority seven went into TC purposely throwing a majority of its votes to Desi but did not know Joe would also get four votes as well. Instead of conducting a Chinese Fire Drill at TC immediately before a revote to reassess, the consensus was to stick with the plan and take out a challenge threat, a likable person who could garnish Jury votes, and keep a meat shield and possible goat in the game.
I respect you assume differently.

I will always put a premium on an accomplishment that very, very few achieved. The fact a castaway (Tom) emerged the Champion playing with integrity and dominating challenges against competition younger than himself is quite a statement in this game and something we’ve seen from very few (if any.)

I do not know who Denise is, but if she advanced like Sandra, primarily on the basis of flat-out sucking at challenges thus punching her golden ticket to the end game, that approach is fairly common in Survivor. Hey listen, the money a weaker player wins in a season by (not surprisingly) advancing as a non-challenge threat is just as “green” as the money Tom Westman took home. But again, it’s hard for me to put those players in the discussion of “greatest ever” when their type of advancements occur on a pretty regular basis.
You’re right, we will agree to disagree. LOL

For the record, Michel’s “festivities” were celebrated six weeks ago in the Great White North. But you already brightened Michel’s week by paying homage to the weak & inept (especially when they’re female) i.e. Sandra.

11-23-17, 07:54 PM (EST)
32. "RE: I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in..."
Sandra is the only Survivor to win twice. That is a definite metric for her to be considered the greatest survivor ever, and for considering both of us both wrong.

It'll certainly get her elected to the Survivor hall of fame.

I'm still sticking with Denise, however.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •