The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S35 Week 5 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 2281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-26-17, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S35 Week 5 Rankings"
With Aruba gallivanting around in dereliction of duty ( ) this thread will probably be very quiet but I like completeness. If anyone wants to jump in, I promise I won't bite!

1- Chrissy: She may not be good on the balance beam but she is a tremendous player. Not only did she read “Ms. Smarty Pants” like a book, she quickly found the one argument that would get JP on board with voting out Roark even if it meant keeping 2 Hustlers. I loved her performance at Tribal Council where she refuted every argument that Roark made and even gave Probe the “No Comment” I wish more players would use during the inquisition. Now, if she can repair the fracture with Ali, she will be golden.

2- Jessica: I was a little disappointed that the editors didn’t give us a chance to hear Jessica’s reaction when she saw how Levu had voted. We did see that she had a big smile on her face so we can assume it turned out how she planned it but we can’t know for sure. She was very smart to get closer to Dr Mike than to Cole. Letting him find the idol AND keeping his secret should get her further in the game. It’s as if we are seeing her learning the game a little bit at a time but she is learning so, by the time we get to episode 14, she should have mastered this game!

3- Ali: She was ready to do everything to save Ryan but he simply threw her away. I don’t blame her for being upset but I hope she uses the next few days to sit down and talk with Chrissy. If those two smart players get together then we will have some great tactics to observe.

4- Ben: It’s impossible for us to put ourselves in the shoes of a Marine who saw active duty but this episode sets Ben as a “Journey Player”. He will probably go far but his goal isn’t to win it all, just to prove that there can be a normal life for Veterans.

5- Devon: He almost blew his team’s lead in the reward challenge but he pulled through during the Immunity Challenge. More importantly, he kept his mind in the game, making sure that Ashley was ready to work with him on getting Desi on their side.

6 - Mike: Finding the idol was only his second best move of the episode. His best was getting in good with Jessica. That could get them far in the game and while the Healers may face problems at the merger, there’s always a possibility that a couple of them can make it through. Roark’s elimination actually helps them. Also, like he himself said: We should never underestimate Dr. Mike.

7 - Joe: Everyone that was there agrees that Joe played it well so I’m giving him full credit for the move against Alan. He tricked them all, even faking being a nervous wreck to get those votes against him. That shows he is prepared to play this high stakes game. He is both crazy and smart like Ashley said. Not smart enough to go look for that next idol though!

8 - Desi: She really performed well in those two challenges which was crucial for her tribe. Even when Levu was last during the first part of the Immunity Challenge, she made the second part look so easy that they were first at the maze. I was really impressed with her muscular legs which should serve her well if we stop having all these Mickey-Mouse challenges and we get some where athletics really counts.

9 - Ashley: She made sure that Devon was still in her corner and she’s going to benefit from those two challenge wins. It gives her time to befriend Desi and turn the tables on Joe.

10 - Ryan: His team was in second place when he started his relay but he lost it for them. At least he didn’t give up and, by playing a heroic musical theme, the editors wanted us to sympathize with the bellhop. I’m sorry but I can’t sympathize with a guy who isn’t smart enough to bring his two closest allies together. If he had told Ali from the start that they could count on Chrissy then he would be in a great position but now he made a mess of everything. Bringing Ali and Chrissy together was such a natural thing to do that I wonder if this was all scripted in order to have suspense at TC.

11 - JP: His performance at the balance beam gave his tribe a chance. It was very amusing seeing how little convincing it took for Chrissy to convince him that Roark had to go. Strong and Dumb is the perfect type of ally but I wonder if Chrissy would sacrifice him in order to gain Ali’s trust and get even closer to CochRyan.

12- Lauren: Is she gaining weight out there? If so, that would be the only thing she’s gaining! Luckily for her, every passing cycle gives her a chance to make it to the next swap where she could easily fall under the radar.

13- Cole: This season offers us a couple of players with strong social games and then we have Cole. His social game is incredibly bad but I guess that, in the real world, all he has to do is smile to get all the women he wants. Another possibility is that he really doesn’t care about the game. After all, he told Mike and Jessica where to find the idol but never looked himself.

Booted - Roark: Like Chrissy said, Roark wasted a great opportunity not talking to everyone. Waiting for people to come to you is good only when you are safe because of an idol or the immunity necklace. Otherwise, you have to cover all bases. If you don't talk to anyone, everyone will assume you talked to everyone BUT them!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings kingfish 10-27-17 1
   RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings michel2 10-27-17 2
 RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings kingfish 10-29-17 3
   RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings michel2 10-29-17 4
       RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings kingfish 10-29-17 5
           RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings michel2 10-29-17 6
               RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings kingfish 10-30-17 7
                   RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings michel2 10-30-17 8
                       RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings kingfish 10-31-17 9
                           RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings michel2 10-31-17 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19951 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-17, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
So, like, you have your muzzle on? I need pictorial confirmation.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-27-17, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"

See? No teeth!

10-29-17, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-17 AT 03:25 PM (EST)

Chrissy; Out maneuvered Roark. Masterfully. Won this round.

Ben; Improved his lot in the game when the show played the Veteran with PTSD Card.

Ali; She continues to find lost souls to protect. She lost her first one, Pat, and has now turned to Ryan, a much better ally. Ryan needs some help what with his dismal performance in the relay, but his social game and her perceptiveness should work to both their benefits, and with Chrissy to guide them, this could be the final three.

Ryan; It appears that his failure during the sandworm challenge may not have damaged him. I was already considered a weak sister for athletic challenges, so that failure was pretty much expected of him. Smart guy, humble, good for quotes at TC. He should be in the strongest coalition with Chrissy and Ali. He should last a while.

Desi; Came out of her shell with an impressive challenge performance.

Mike; Analytical, quiet, unoffending (for the most part), he should at least make the final merge.

Ashley; I kinda like her post TC efforts toward Joe, but if she's serious about her estimation of Joe's intelligence, he who found the first HI clue and promptly told Devon about it, then that's not a very perceptive thought.

JP; Serious fellow, but bland. Great competitor, hasn't made enemies other than Alan who isn't there anymore. Normally one would expect him to make it pretty far.

Lauren; Not very social. Could become a goat and last, but will probably suffer an outsider's fate sooner or later.

Joe; Played too hard, and not to intelligently at times (although this week he did manage a pretty good play against Alan), but his overt game should catch up to him sooner than later.

Jessica; Seem to be thinking straight in confessionals, but poor follow-ups. Keeps trusting Cole to keep secrets in spite of the fact that he continues to spill the beans. Then lies about it. Also, simply being in a twosome is a liability.

Devon; Dumb. A shade (just a shade) less dumb than Dumber.

Cole; Dumber. Dumbest. Dumb dumb dumb dumb. Did I mention dumb? Well, he is really dumb.

Roark; Gone and already forgotten. It was interesting to her say that Chrissy's mistake was not to have come to her until just before TC, when she had has no meaningful conversations with Chrissy or anyone else. Passivity doesn't bring home the bananas. She is going to feel pretty silly when she sees the show.

Nasty McBathrooms
If it's yellow, it's mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. Also flush it if it's swimming.

10-29-17, 04:28 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
Good list but I think you should dock Ryan for not bringing Ali in on his plan to boot Roark. He lost an ally that probably has a better social game than his.

Also, Jessica showed she wasn't only with Cole and she may now be closer to Dr. Mike. It seems she isn't telling Cole about the idol so she seems to be learning.

Devon and Joe aren't as dumb as you think. Both have managed to get their ways at crucial points in the game. Devon, in particular, has gone up in my esteem.

10-29-17, 06:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-17 AT 06:24 PM (EST)

Not going to replay it this time, but I really think Ryan is smart enough to unite that team. Even if they didn't show it, I have to think that either that actually did happen, or will.

Jessica's star could rise, but I still think her earlier reputation as being too easily distracted by a set of six pack abs is accurate.

Devon and Joe both showed their lack of intelligence with the first HI hunt. Miserable stupidity. To be fair, they have both also performed well at times, so we'll just see with them.

10-29-17, 11:00 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
Ali's vote and her subsequent shock tells us that he left her in the dark, a big no no when you are in an alliance with someone.

I'm not saying that Devon and Joe are comparable to Kim but they aren't that dumb. Certainly nowhere near Cole. Joe is playing a bit like Tony while Devon was of great help to Ryan. At least, with Devon there, Ryan didn't make the stupid mistake of ignoring Ali when it came time to vote out Pat even if he didn't need her vote there either.

10-30-17, 01:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
Her vote does substantiate your theory. So they most likely weren't a three way (heh heh) before TC. I think it is also likely, based solely on the fact that the three way (heh heh heh) alliance is such a bloody obvious advantage for them all, that they will see this and unite.

But don't rely on the facial expressions. Ali is in the movie business, which means that she's an aspiring actress. She actually has an IMDB page, which, charmingly has this picture on it;

She should probably change it, but it is charming.

She has one item in her filmography, Survivor, and for all I know they all are in the IMDB just for this show. But her resume doess indicate that she is a aspirant in the business of acting.

And using false facial expressions to confuse the easily confusable (i.e. her tribemates? And/or possibly at the behest of the producers to thrown off the viewing audience?) is a tool of the trade.

I get the reference to Tony. It may hold up. And I can't argue with the ranking (descending) order of Joe/Devon/Cole. We will just have to keep watching. I actually think that Joe's manipulations in the last vote were to much too soon. Although it worked, it betrays the thinking of someone who thinks he can get away with overt manipulations, and that is probably means no end game for him. But, then there was Tony!

10-30-17, 06:07 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
I guessed you missed the "Next Time on Survivor" segment. It makes it clear that Ali is angry and upset with Ryan.

I'm not sure if you know this but I've often stated that Tony is the luckiest winner ever...Comparing Joe to Tony, for me, is only in style of game play, not end result.

10-31-17, 01:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
I ran it again with the CC on because they were talking over each other. That confrontation was immediately after (or maybe the next morning?) TC, a post TC discussion that they always seem to have. And Ali was mad because Ryan didn't tell her he was voting for Roark. IOW, it was a miscommunication problem she was upset about.

Ali has demonstrated her loyalty and the fact that she considers Ryan an ally. Ryan has demonstrated his social adroitness. Chrissy has demonstrated her strategic skills. If that TC doesn't shake Ali's faith in Ryan (and really, what is her alternative? JP? Don't be silly), they will hash this out and get past it. And if Chrissy is smart (and she is) and can see the big picture she will see the value in that 3 person alliance going into the final merge. She already has an alliance with Ryan, so this will be decision she will have to make.

Admittedly, if she prefers to hold a grudge, or if she can't put Ali's vote behind her for the near future, then she only has Ryan to scheme with, but that can't be more attractive to her.

Agree that there is a Tony/Joe comparison. And that Tony was a lucky winner. Luckiest.

10-31-17, 07:51 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S35 Week 5 Rankings"
From Ali's POV, the problem is that Ryan and Chrissy already have a 3rd in JP, leaving her as the lone outsider.

From Chrissy's POV, JP is a loyal dumbo, the absolute best type of ally.

Ryan and Chrissy may go with Ali if they fear JP would go on an IC run post merger and if they think Ali could be more helpful in recruiting new allies. Problem here is that Ryan already has Devon, Chrissy has Ben and JP and that also gives them ties to Ashley. That's already 6 and they don't really need Ali.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •