The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-13-17, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Unless you get all warm & fuzzy over sappy showmances, this episode was lame; but avoided complete disaster with an above average TC.

1) RYAN – Great head for the game; excellent narrator; running the show among the Hustlers. He’ll never be perceived as a challenge threat. He even answered Michel’s question why he’s not out looking for idols. HaHa. All adds up to #1 this week.

2) CHRISSY – Been playing as good a game as you can so far. Tribal switch could be a setback, but she should be OK. Would still love to see someone get duped with that powerless idol.

3) BEN – Like Chrissy, may need to scramble after the switch. But like Chrissy, he’ll do just fine given his likability and ability in challenges.

4) ALI – Although Ryan gets a slightly better nod in the Hustler tribe, Ali is no slouch. He is socially adaptable to any situation and understands the game. Her partnership with Patrick was a bump in the road for her, but that bump has been flatted out so it should be smoother riding ahead. With the right alliance she should make it to the end.

5) LAUREN – Great episode for her. For someone at risk, she handled herself perfectly at TC. Tribal switch comes at an opportune time for her, because if Hustlers went back to TC, she’s toast.

6) ROARKE – Finally some decent airtime. Not counting Cole’s object of infatuation, she was the first he shared Joe’s idol possession with. What may have gone unnoticed to some, it was quite impressive to be the last to do the cargo net for her tribe. Where I would expect Cole and a former NFL player to reach the cargo net without a lift, that distinction on the Healer tribe belonged to Roarke. Very noteworthy.

7) JESSICA – Everyone will believe what they want about her virginity, but what is most important is casting/production seems to believe it. I’m sure that put her on the casting shortlist and didn’t hurt her chances making the final cut. She was right about Cole’s bonehead decision to share Joe’s idol possession with the tribe, but kudos to her for not initiating a lover's quarrel with her boy toy.

8) DESI – Continues to be so darn nice to look at. Otherwise we haven’t really seen her game unfold.

9) DEVIN – Won’t be able to shake the “Lenny” character in the “Of Mice and Men” partnership he has with “George” Ryan, but I dug his stone-cold expression he shot back at Patrick when Pat was staring down the tribe while getting his torch snuffed.

10) COLE – He’s distracted and it’s showing in his gameplay starting with his bad decision to share Joe’s idol possession. His physical presence screams of first or second post-merge boot material.

11) MIKE – He’s gone from bully victim in the Premier to invisible. His pathetic ineptness should buy him more time. Will he use that time to play the game?

12) JP – The dude’s a slug. He’ll probably be regarded as valuable to keep around on his new tribe, but will join Cole as immediate post-merge boot material.

13) ASHLEY – Didn’t want to rank her this low after hearing rave reviews over her work ethic, but being committed to a slug...ranks her lower than the slug.

14) ALAN – His obnoxiousness over the JP/Ashley relationship is so draining. The dumb jock needs to let it go. If Desi made a move on him, I’m sure hypocrisy would come to the forefront and he would have a much different opinion about “power couples.”

15) JOE – His maltreatment toward the weaker species has now extended to undercooked food. And to think things have gone well for him and the Healers up to now. It should be entertaining to see Sluggo self-destruct when the first real dark cloud hoovers over his horizon.

BOOTED) PATRICK – He says he can take criticism, but he wouldn’t listen to Ali. Hell, if I was 25 and Ali wanted to be MY partner, she’d have me drinking my water out of a doggie bowl if she wanted me to. Socially he’s a train wreck. And what a sore loser! It’s one thing to call everyone awful during the moment of a blindside, but to continue the bitterness and put the curse on everyone’s game during his parting words defines what a miserable person he is.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking michel2 10-14-17 1
   RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking kingfish 10-15-17 2
       RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking michel2 10-15-17 3
           RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking kingfish 10-15-17 4
               RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking michel2 10-15-17 5
                   RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking kingfish 10-15-17 6
                       RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking michel2 10-15-17 7
                           RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking kingfish 10-16-17 8
                               RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking michel2 10-16-17 9
                                   RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking kingfish 10-16-17 10
                                       RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking michel2 10-16-17 11
                                           RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking kingfish 10-17-17 12
                                               RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking michel2 10-17-17 13
   RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking Aruba 10-17-17 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 2240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-14-17, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Well, hello there! Since you've decided to line them all up, I'll do the same. By the way, I'm always amazed at how little it takes for you to bump someone up or bring them down. Roarke is a prime example of that!

We are about to have a swap which will obvioulsy change things around a lot. Swaps used to remove all need for challenge wins but, after "One World", the new alliances have prevailed. The change has been so dramatic that I believe Production interfered here also. Despite having a great winner, some very funny characters and sound strategy, "One World" is hated by most fans so Jiffy is there to give the fans what they want and that is "Big Moves". I really enjoyed One World; it's one of my favorites of the last 15 seasons.

1- Chrissy: Not only did she solidify her position with Ben but, unlike him, she didn't limit her options. She could still work with any of the Zeroes after the swap and that's often vital.

2- Jessica: She's still living in Survivor's Penthouse and even the second place reward was, by far, preferable to the 4 chickens. I'm sure the Heels ate their dozen eggs in the morning while the Zeroes will be swapped before deciding to kill the rooster or get a single egg. It will be funny to see how many of those chickens go to the Heels and the Hustlers. I was surprised to hear that there are still 30 year old virgins around, especially ones that look like Jessica (for Ryan, I understand!) She showed a solid understanding of the game when she talked of Joe's secret and of Cole's running mouth. Although, maybe some of her reaction could have stemmed from feeling a bit betrayed by Cole, a bit jealous that he would tell his secrets to other women.

3- Ali: I laughed when I heard Ryan and Devon saying they had everyone going to them because everyone had gone to Ali first! She is the hub of that alliance and if the four do manage to finnagle their way through to the merger then she'll be in a great position. She may not even need those 3 because I'm sure that, like Kelly in Worlds Apart, she'll find a way to be at the hub of other alliances. Let's hope an idol doesn't stop her like it did Kelly.

4- Ben: Being a likable ex-Marine with an extremely smart player to guide him along puts Ben in a great position down the road. I didn't like his strategic talk with Ashley because he gave her too much information. She now knows that he's thinking of eliminating Alan and could use it against him. Anyway, it would have been dumb to eliminate Alan before Ashley but it seems that was what Ben wanted. The swap thankfully removes that possibility.

5- Devon: He may look dumb but this episode showed he has strategic abilities. He was the one that wanted Patrick gone and he got his way. If Ryan continues to give him all the information then Devon could be in for a long run.

6- Ryan: I still put him up here but I'm growing very tired of seeing "Survivor" being narrated from the nerdy character's perspective. It was fun when it was Stephen in Tocantins but since then we've had Cochran, David, Zeke, Aubry and many more. Ryan gives good confessionals but they sound scripted. He wanted Lauren to go and he's lucky that a swap eliminates the possibility of seeing Ali and Lauren twisting Devon's arm against him. I'll be looking forward to see how Ryan approaches Chrissy about the idol. That could turn into a great alliance and we know that Chrissy and Ryan are likely to wind up "randomly" on the same tribe.

7- Desi: I'd like to see and hear more from her but she has kept her nose clean and should be in no danger after a swap unless she "randomly" winds up in a tribe alone against 4 previous allies. (If you note I always write "randomly" in quotes because I'm sure there isn't anything random in Survivor anymore, not since Fang completely broke the pick 'em swap)

8- Mike: Like Desi, he should be safe under most permutations and even Joe may come to him for help! He had such a fun premiere that I think "we'll rejoin his story already in progress..."

9- Ashley: She can already be declared the swap lottery winner. I'm sure that Chrissy would have convinced Ben to boot her instead of Alan or even JP in order to avoid having to go 2 on 2 against the power couple. She would be netter off without JP on the new tribe as long as she's not the only Zero there.

10- JP: Being the tribe's provider and having everyone appreciating the size of his thing should serve JP well in all permutations. He has shown to be a quiet player so there shouldn't be any reason to boot him. A boring character but an efficient player for this stage of the game.

11- Joe: His temper could certainly hurt him in a swap but the idol should serve as sufficient protection. Also, he should wind up with a second idol if he isn't sent back to the Soko beach. Joe has shown some strategic chops so I think he'll find a way to the merger.

12- Cole: Jessica was absolutely right about Cole just giving information too early but it turned out fine. Cole ran the risk of Roarke or Desi having an alliance with Joe but they didn't so now he and Jessica can probably count on the two women after the swap. Cole's revelation and the strategy talk should have won their trust.

13- Roarke: I won't bump her up just for being there when Cole came back to camp. That scene actually told us all that Roarke hadn't built a solid relationship out there in 7 days. That's what I call ineptitude.

14- Lauren: The editing made it look like Lauren fought her way back into the game but, like always, the vote was already decided before they entered Jiffy's lair. So we wound up losing a funny character and keeping an extremely boring one instead. That's not a win in my book.

15- Alan: It would be absolutely fascinating to see such a hot head trying to navigate after a tribal swap except we all know how it's going to end: Alan will irritate his tribe after they lose immunity and they will vote him out. Seen that, done that...

Booted - Patrick: My first thought was that he was a sore loser indeed but then I heard that Jiffy was starting to get a lot of heat for casting two acquaintances on the same tribe. Patrick and Ali were at Auburn at the same time and they were in the same circle of friends. He had even helped her move! That should have been much easier to spot than Bret's connection to Laura in Samoa (they had been part of the same church years before Samoa) so I wonder if Production forced Ali's hand by telling her she had to get rid of her friend if she wanted to continue in the game. It would certainly fit with their prior behavior. So, "Sore Loser Patrick" may have been an act for our benefit.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 19927 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-17, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Since divvying them up into tribes is not relevant this week, I guess I'll go along with the straight list convention. Not that I have any knowledge of any of their sexual orientations. And also not that I care unless I could make hilarious and very hurtful fun of them if I could. But I just don't know, and try to keep this factual, I save my really inventive stuff (such as it is) for the "Be the Survivor" threads. Which BTW are totally and absolutely true(ish).

Outstanding, (and they are mild);
Ali. Ignoring for a moment her heartbreaking profile while walking away, Ali made the best move this week when she threw her buddy Pat under the avalanche and joined in the vote to boot him. He was easily the best target for the team for his tribe wrecking and alienating behavior this week.

Lauren. Lauren worked TC pretty effectively to divert vote from herself to Pat, thus making it to the first merge (assuming there are more than one), and shrinking or removing the target on her back for now.

Middle runners;
Chrissy. She's shown ability to negotiate the minefield so far. And might accidentally find herself on a tribe with Ryan and have an instant ally. She could be our older lady who has the life-learned savvy to subtly maneuver thru this game, and I hope the MPMB, et.al. see this as a winners story. In my book, she's less than outstanding for now, but with great potential.

Ryan. Ryan is getting narrator time which probably is auspicious, and there is no reason to think that even with a new tribe that he will be in danger any time soon. Being a skeleton cotton white guy isn't in his favor if he tanks an challenge for his team, but there are few scenarios that I can imagine that where any tribe would put him in a crucial spot like that. He should be good to go to the final merge. His contributions at TC have shown that he can walk with a bit of assertiveness through the slings and arrows thrown there without self-destructive assertions.

Mike. Mike is in pretty much the same position as Ryan, right now, except hopefully he has been in a relationship at least once in his life. And he's not been in confessionals as much, thus has become a bit more under the radar. Which is a good thing for the early part of the game. I see him going far, but I don't see any sign that he can be the assertive person he needs to be when the time comes. Otherwise I am favorably impressed by him, and hope he can be one of those people that start off as wallflowers but end up finding their voice and singing the aria at the end. Those are the contestants I enjoy watching.

JP. Way under the radar. Not really a nerd, but he fits in with these guys because, well, he's also under the radar. He's a worker bee. A mild personality so far, and isn't (so far) over planning and plotting and scheming. This bodes well for him, and being a male challenge threat (presumably), he should last until they start picking off UTR male challenge threats.

Ashley. In a way, she and JP are a couple, although not a power couple. Her and JP's roles are similar except she isn't male (Duh). However she seems quite capable athletically, and her whining social game seems to have allowed her to escape the "Power Couple" trap that Alan tried to set for her and JP. More, she actually shifted the focus from herself to Alan. I think her being able to make it to the final merge depends on who she becomes tribe mates with. After that? We will just have to see how she fits in, but I think she'll blend for a while.

Roarke. Under the radar. She now has Cole's info about Joe's HI, and can use that effectively if she gets into a new tribe with Joe. Otherwise she just needs to avoid landmines. She might be considered an expendable player if she's on a tribe that has no better boot prospects, but with this crowd, that seems unlikely.

Desi. Beautiful pageant queen. Don't see a social game with her, but also don't see an anti-social game. Another who is safe for a while if she watches her step and doesn't step in a pile of monkey poop. If however she screws up an immunity challenge and is on a tribe with out an annoying self destructive member, she might draw the short straw.

Jessie. Naïve, acts like a 16 year old. Here for romance, has the really poor judgement to fall for Cole who so far has not demonstrated any ability to think like a Survivor winner has to think. I'm not putting her in the "Bringing up the Rear" column yet, but, she would fit. I can't really give her a chance in hell, though. I'm hoping her "I'm a virgin" claim is a ploy of some kind and demonstrates some level of strategic awareness, although I can't imagine how that could be a ploy that could be used advantageously. But maybe she's smarter than she seems? (That's it, next week she goes in with the tail draggers).

Tail Draggers, or Bringing up their Rears:

Ben. Is happy as a clam flowing Chrissy's lead, and being her muscle. If he's on a different tribe after the shuffle, he may be isolated. However his sunny non-offensive personality should serve him well until the final merge. Then he's be swimming with the sharks with tribe mates chumming the waters around him.

Cole. Has only shown that he knows several ways to guarantee his eviction. And absolutely no sense of how to use what he learns to his advantage. And if he keeps up the showmance with Jessica, he will be targeted soon. One possible saving grace for Cole, at least temporarily, was sharing the knowledge that Joe has a HI. If he is lucky enough to end up on a shuffled tribe with Joe, and if they are unlucky enough to go to TC, then he'll have Joe as a person to drum up eviction votes for.

Alan. Plays too hard. His pitiful attempt to target JP and Ashley was idiotic and non-productive, and actually allowed Ashley to turn the tables on hin. If they weren't about to shuffle the tribes next week, and if his existing tribe were to go to TC, he would be the likely boot. As it is, if he gets on a tribe with two or more of his existing tribe mates and goes to TC, I expect to seem him gone.

Joe. Like Alan Joe was playing too hard too soon, and managed to be the bad guy in the "Start a Rumor that Mike has a HI" ploy when it was revealed that Joe actually found one. His lack of understanding of how to use the clue to the HI (for God's sakes, don't share the info!) was only topped by his revelation that he couldn't solve the clue's infantile's meaning. The knowledge that he has an HI will most likely follow him to his new tribe unless he is extremely fortunate, and that will make him my best guess for next boot.

Bootsville;

Pat.Before they went to TC (because of him), he qualified as being the most unaware player, the most alienating player, the obnoxious player, the worst tribe mate, and the most vexing challenger player. Repeating 'the most unaware player' here because no one in recent history has been the most obvious eviction possibility and at the same time the most surprised by the vote. After which, he added the Sorest Loser title to his resume.

10-15-17, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-17 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

The narrative certainly painted Pat as the challenge goat but I watched it again and I'm going to say that Lauren, Devon and Ryan were also responsible:

- Fatso lauren couldn't get up the cargo net and cost her tribe a lot of time.

- Devon never even volunteered to throw and then he didn't really help get Ryan up for the human pyramid. Only Pat put Ryan on his shoulders.

- Contrary to Jessica and Chrissy, Ryan wasn't strong enough or coordinated enough to climb up on the others shoulders.

Pat, for his part, was tied with the other two tribes with only 2 blocks left and, at that time, you can clearly hear Devon and other screaming: "Good job, Pat! Keep it going!" Then Joe made two good shots, and JP hit the last for the zeroes and only Lauren stepped up to replace Pat. I'm not going to blame him for thinking he had a better shot at hitting the blocks than fatso.

Fatso made a good plea at TC but, by then, the vote was already decided so you're giving her much too much credit. From an entertainment point of view, we would have been better served with that bore gone.

I also don't think you are giving enough credit to Jessica and Ben. Both have played it well up to now, much better than Mike, JP and Roarke

10-15-17, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
It may not be fair to put all the blame on Pat for the loss, but it did give the others (who might be trying to shift blame from themselves) a reason to focus on him. And, Pat did not give up being the thrower even when Lauren yelled at him to do so. So, while it may not be fair, it's not totally unfair either, and it was dumb not to insist on rotating.

If anyone looks like she would have been a softball player, that would be Lauren. One would have to be pretty unimaginative to not guess that as a real possibility. She certainly looks like one to me although I actually had her pegged has a pitcher instead of an outfielder. I know from personal experience that women with thick torsos like her can be surprisingly strong. Men especially, but women too. And I think I saw her be the last person over the net, and pushing the men up.

As to the vote being decided before they got to TC, where did you learn that? Last I saw, the editing at camp showed that the vote was still undecided between Pat and Lauren. Even Ali was going back and forth. It's possible that Lauren did sway a vote or two at TC, she was very articulate and to my ear, persuasive. Ryan at least appeared to be undecided.

I might be persuaded by to agree about Ben when his story becomes more mature, but Jessica? You don't think she's acts like a 16YO on her first date? I think it's positive for her that she resents Cole sharing his HI secret with others and recognizes that that's not smart, and for that she seems to knock him down a notch, but that's also what you'd expect of a silly teen. Hopefully for her, the tribal swap could help her by separating her from Cole, but if her new tribe hears about that possible power couple (and odds are that they will), it wouldn't be a positive development for her.

10-15-17, 08:38 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-17 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Oh! I totally agree that Pat was dumb not to switch out because it would have given him an opportunity to put blame on someone else but he had been very good up to the last two blocks so I can't blame him for thinking he was better than Fatso. If she had told them before that she was a softball player then maybe but, from what she said after returning to camp, she hadn't shared that information before.

When the Hustlers reached the cargo net, Lauren went up first but she couldn't make it so Devon and Pat had to push her up all the way. It didn't go too well.

99% of TC votes are decided before the players meet Jiffy. Only editing makes it look like they are undecided. The three had already decided that they would vote together so no, it was impossible for Lauren to sway 1 or 2 votes.

Listen to what Jessica said about Joe's secret and how information is vital in this game. That reasoning comes from someone who has an idea about this game. Of course, we won't know for sure before she goes to TC so I think you are prematuraly putting her down.

Being in a couple can work two ways you know. If someone is looking to flip the game, especially in the split-vote-crazy times we are seeing, then adding two votes to your side could change the game. Also, with the abomination that is the F3, one person doesn't have to worry too much about an unbreakable pair as long as you are tight with them. Natalie A. wasn't hurt too much from being tied to two "unbreakable" pairs, was she?

10-15-17, 09:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-17 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

Opinion:
"99% of TC votes are decided before the players meet Jiffy. Only editing makes it look like they are undecided. The three had already decided that they would vote together so no, it was impossible for Lauren to sway 1 or 2 votes."

Fact:
We don't know what percentage of votes are decided before TC (unless you have a fact sheet, and even then I would bet 100 monopoly dollars that the real number isn't 99%), and we don't know who had decided what before the last TC. Ali expressed indecision as did Ryan. Therefore it was possible and maybe even probable that Lauren swayed at some votes.

10-15-17, 09:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Yes, it is my opinion but it comes from reading hundreds of exit interviews and players after players saying that TC doesn't change anything.

Ali and Ryan's indecisions were for our benefit only. An interviewer will ask them for their thoughts on both possibilities so that's what we always hear, not the final part where they say "but I'm voting against Pat tonight..."

What is factual is that Ryan, Devon and Ali talked before the vote. They had to get on the same page. So, either Lauren swayed ALL THREE votes or didn't sway any. If Ryan, Devon and Ali had huddled and talked in secret during TC then I'd believe that they were all swayed but if they had all three gone in with the intent of voting out Lauren, one of them wouldn't have flipped their vote to Patrick on their own. Can you imagine the untenable position for that lone voter returning to camp to live with three people who had just voted together?

10-16-17, 11:39 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Just being cautionary. You really shouldn't state something as if it's a fact when it's just an opinion. Even if it is a reasonable assumption. I would take high 90%s as being a pretty good guess, though.

Reviewing the tape:
Lauren was the first over the net. She was a load, but when she got there she started jerking others over. Her team finished that part of the challenge second. Yellows were third.

When Lauren and Pat were rinsing off after the challenge, she said that Ali was yelling at Pat to rotate. And at the end, when Pat was repeatedly missing the final block, all of the others were pretty grim faced and Ali and Devon were staring down at the ground. Not happy with Pat at all.

Ali said that she that because he was unpredictable that she was going to have to look out for Pat. Then later she said she didn't know what to do. Ryan said he wanted to keep Pat. Then later said he wanted to keep Lauren. Devon said he wanted to keep Pat. He also said it was important to have a solid four vote. So it isn't so clear that they were all on the same page pre-TC, and Lauren, who did make a pretty good argument for herself, might have swayed Ali and very likely swayed Devon.

Exit interviews don't necessarily reveal facts, they reveal the opinions of booted players, often with axes to grind, who were booted because they weren't privy to what happened to cause them to be booted. So, how would they know who changed their vote at TC, and who did not? Certainly Pat's exit interview didn't reveal anything but a self deluded Pat who thought everyone was going to vote Lauren out. He also said (during the game) that he could just look at Lauren and tell that she wouldn't have done any better. Apparently he missed those biceps she developed from pulling nets and pots all those years as well as her core strength which he (like you) interpreted as pure fat. That is a powerful woman, probably not fast, but also she has been working on the water all her life and likely swims like a fish.

10-16-17, 12:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Devon was clear when he talked to Ryan that he wanted Pat gone. From what I saw, Devon swayed the other two, not Lauren.

Like I said, people don't change their votes on their own when they are on the same page with the others. That would be very dumb from a trust perspective so I'm 100% sure that all three entered TC with one name in mind. If that name was Lauren and she swayed them then I'll agree that she was great but that name was most likely Pat so Lauren didn't accomplish a thing.

I call her Fatso because this is Bashers. I don't give damn about that supposed upper body strength or that supposed fish like ability to swim which she hasn't shown at all up to know. Whales aren't fishes but they swim well. They also do have a lot of fat.

10-16-17, 02:27 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
She's been a fisherperson all her life. If you're into assumptions, being a swimmer is one you should give Lauren. And I'm sure that the odds on that are very high.

And I'm not arguing that she isn't fat, just that by looking at her and knowing that she's a fisherperson all her life, or even a landscaper as she said she was going to claim, one can assume that she is strong and could very well handle that throwing challenge with ease. And that even without all that, that it was dumb of Pat to not rotate, or even to insist on a rotation. So, really, that's squarely on him.

And I reran the tape. Again. You are wrong about what Devon said. He was actually clearly quoted as saying that he wanted Pat to stay over Lauren. He repeated that twice in response to Ryan arguing for booting Lauren in a convo between him and Ryan at the water well. He does equivocate later, but he never says he's voting for Pat, and neither does Ali. The only flat out preferences he voices are to keep Pat. And the only unequivocal preference that Ali voices is also to keep Pat. In that same convo at the water well, Ryan is saying that they should keep Lauren, but he also in a later confessional equivocates. Those are the only voters whose vote are on doubt, and they were all shown as being in doubt coming into TC.

I feel that it is possible, even probable, that they did come to agreement before TC for the reason you stated, but none of the conversations shown indicated that. And Lauren did make a good argument.

10-16-17, 09:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-17 AT 09:39 PM (EST)

Can I offer you some of these:

At 45 minutes into the show, (I record with commercials unfortunately) Devon and Ryan are walking to the well:

- Ryan: "Lauren walks up to me and says: "It's going to be Patrick. You're the oddball and I'm the old lady..." so I was like..."

- Devon: "What matters is what we have. Everyone is coming to us..."

- Ryan: "For sure...Exactly, exactly."

Ryan (solo): 'Devon and I are in a position where we can dictate the vote. The options now are vote off Lauren or vote off Patrick."

- Devon to Ryan: "What do you think."

- Ryan: "Pffff."

- Ryan (solo): "This is unequivocally a big decision for me and I don't exactly know what to do."

- Devon: "Pat is just..."

- Ryan: "I want to save Pat. We get rid of Lauren tonight and then we get the boys to the merge. So, what do you want to do? Pat and Lauren hate each other."

- Devon: "Yeah, but I'd rather, I think I'd rather go to the merge with Lauren than with Pat."

- Ryan: "But we don't know if we'll even get to the merge."

- Devon (solo): "Pat stepped up at the challenge but if you're going to step up, you'd better be able to handle what you step up for. It was just Pat choking and I do think we lost because of that. Lauren, on the other hand, she's very steady, I trust her but she doesn't really fit in with the other tribe members. With Lauren, we could lose the next immunity challenge and we already lost two in a row."

Of course, the editing spliced the discussion to keep the suspense but, from what he said, Devon was definitely leaning to keeping Lauren, the one he could trust all the way to the merge.

I'm absolutely convinced that Ryan, Devon and Ali entered that TC with one name in mind so if that name was Lauren and Fatso actually convinced them to change their mind, how did they agree to the change of plan? If Ryan, Devon and Ali had huddled to discuss their options in secret during TC, we would surely have seen it. Probst gets a hard-on every time the vote is live so, what is left for the trio? Telepathy? No, they had agreed on Patrick and they voted out Patrick. Occam's razor is a much better way to go than involving telepathy.

10-17-17, 12:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Well, you are apparently relying on telepathy when stating that you know what they said off camera before going to TC.

On camera, not needing telepathy but a DVR, Devon said "I want Pat to stay." He said it Twice. He later appeared to be vacillating, but his final intent was never clear.

Ali said "I have to protect Pat". She also wavered, but again, her final intent was never clear.

And Ryan went both ways at different times, seemingly preferring to boot Pat, but he expressed indecision up to the end.

It may well have been editing, probably was, in fact there almost always is editing for effect. It is in the producer's interest to do that. But you need to either have been there, or to rely on telepathy to actually know about discussions and agreements off camera, especially when it is actually possible that Lauren did sway one or two or three votes.

And because the entire TC wasn't shown (time constraints) there may have been last minute conferencing at TC that wasn't shown. Like you (I assume) I kinda doubt that, they like to show TC drama, but they might have had a quick wink wink discussion then.

Bottom line, I think it was very possible that Lauren's speech made up Ali's mind, at least, and possibly Devon's too. Ali had to be torn about the possibility of voting her closest ally out, and I believe that she couldn't have been sure before TC that she was voting to kick Pat. It just doesn't seem reasonable to me.

10-17-17, 12:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
IF Devon mentioned keeping Pat it was before the IC and doesn't really matter, does it?

IF Ali, Devon and Ryan entered TC without being on the same page THEN they are absolute MORONS. If they are then Lauren swaying them wasn't a big accomplishment.

I don't think Ali is a moron so she had to be with the other two guys. So, NO WAY did Lauren sway ONE or TWO votes. It was either all THREE or NONE. I believe it was NONE because of the lack of communication during TC AND because of TC discussions themselves: If you listen to TC they were thinking of the swap and the merger (selling their tricycle to the others) PAT with his atrocious social game couldn't have been their choice.

Aruba 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-17-17, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor S35 Ep 3 Ranking"
Haven’t had a chance to come back to these Boards since I posted my list. Glad to see the lively discussion that ensued!
And I doubt I’ll be back until after tomorrow’s episode when this thread becomes old hat, but some parting shots nevertheless.

I’m not surprised Michel (and his bias toward the female castaways) regarded Ali as the “hub” of the tribe. Granted, she’s no coattail rider and possesses a good mind for the game, yet Ryan was the axle that made the wheel turn on Hustler’s. Although it’s not worth getting into a debate over now, knowing about the tribal switch tomorrow.

Speaking of which, sure didn’t take long for the conspiracy theories to swirl! LMAO!! And the switch results have not even been televised...although for those who lurk among the Spoilers I wouldn’t doubt the new tribes are already known by some. Well one thing is for sure; the Aruba Commission will definitely have its hands full this week.

If 99% of “opinions” are validated by the hundreds of exit interviews, then why does it seem like a hellava lot more than 1% of interviews and postgame statements I present get poo-pooed as “you can’t believe what you read…” YADDA-YADDA-YADDA; BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

I’m certain the days leading up to TC, BOTH Patrick and Lauren were being flip-flopped and for good reason. Yes, I gave Lauren props for how she handled herself at TC, but she handling herself well leading up to TC as well. Whether the vote was known before TC or not, kudos for how Lauren handled her sticky situation.

Being dubbed the goat does not mean you are the ONLY reason for losing; just the MAIN reason. And Patrick was the main reason for the Hustler loss. Spin all you wish pointing out other aspects of that challenge, the IC was clearly lost at the beanbags knocking over the blocks stage of the challenge...and that was clearly on Patrick. The goat should get the boot more often...well down Hustlers!

Hey Kingfish, the beauty about “telepathy” is it’s impossible to disprove a conspired spin. That is why conspiracy theories will linger on for centuries. And a DVR or rolling back the tape will just provide a second opportunity to opinionate how the season is rigged, the game is fixed, and the confessions are scripted.

Well won’t be back here until after tomorrow night. If this thread is a sample of the foul-crying we’re gonna hear after the next episode...YOWZA!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •