The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-05-16, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Just as I anticipated; that exchange between Tai/Aubry at the last TC (overblown by some) amounted to very little. Even in the “Previously on Survivor” opening segment not a second was devoted to it. Wondering whether Tai would be “forthcoming?” When returning from TC he announced to all he didn’t have to play his “idol” (as in singular,) and his supposed newfound trust with Aubry notwithstanding, he readily offered the advantage clue to his alliance. How’s THAT for forthcoming.

GOOD

TAI – He’s five-feet nothing, he weighs 100 and nothing, he probably has an AARP card in his wallet, and he continues his ownership of this season. His two advantages were only good for the next two TCs, so taking a shot with the extra vote now while keeping his idol for the F5 was the prudent approach.

The prospect of sitting between Jason and Joe at FTC had to be an exhilarating thought so he needed to target someone else. I could understand how he would think Michele would be a good candidate who could steal the win by default at the hands of a bitter Jury. His claim of being betrayed by Aubry in the preview for next week is an overreaction because Aubry voting Michele would not have changed the outcome...or then again it may be calculating on Tai’s part to use that as a reason for voting Aubry out later should the situation present itself.

AUBRY – Easily in the best position. Her biggest meatshield (Tai) remains in the game. Heck, this season has provided her more meatshields than in Zombieland. She should have no problem justifying her TC vote to Tai by contending the others would not vote for Michele, and even if she forced a tie, a revote still sends Jason packing not wanting to draw rocks.

Her handling of Joe was vintage Survivor social game (which probably caused Michel to have a wet dream last night.) HaHa, had to get that jab in...you know I luv ya Man! Her only real hurdle is Tai winning F4 IC, otherwise it’s pretty much her million to lose.

BAD

JOE – His exchange with Jason only confirms his sole purpose in the game is to prevent those he dislikes from winning even at the expense of jeopardizing his own pathetically inept game. When I didn’t think Production/Casting could be any more incompetent, Joe’s casting has lowered that standard even more (I didn’t think that possible.) Dude must have worked as a paper shredder in an FBI building.

HOPING JOE GOES FROM BAD TO WORSE

As long as Joe and/or Medical decide he will continue to breathe and react to light at the Dara camp, he’s all but assured a seat as a Finalist. Should that not occur, both of the following girls will most likely be answering the Jury at FTC.

CYDNEY – If only one (either Cydney or Michele) can advance to FTC, it could be a tougher road for Cydney because with Jason gone she may be perceived as the most viable challenge threat. She certainly proved her mettle in the IC providing yet another meatshield for Aubry. Yet contrary to Aubry, her approach over Joe was immature to say the least. Such is the difference between a 29-year old woman and a 23-year old girl.

MICHELE – Another episode; another feast. Perhaps it’s my eyes playing tricks on me but I swear I saw her belly sticking out further than her boobies. But the one thing that should be sticking out from her body is a handle. No one has been carried more this season than Michele...and I’m even including that silly chicken.

Sadly history has proven the castaway owning the season could lose out to an inferior alternative as a result of a bitter Jury, thus understanding why Tai wanted to eliminate Michele. It also explains why only Tai casted votes against her. Although Michele did contribute to a lively TC, in the end it’s her irrelevance that will allow her to probably fill her belly some more.

BOOTED

JASON – The predictability of Scot/Jason/Julia being the next three eliminated after Tai’s game-changing decision to turn on his F4 alliance is now complete. It’s comical he thought his ability to talk with people might get him further in the game; the same skills he claims is needed for his line of work. Granted I have no experience in his line of work, but I’m going out on a limb and predicting most fugitives are not captured at the hands of a bounty hunter by use of verbal diplomacy. Just saying.

As predictable and deserving was his boot, I can understand his frustration with players reluctance to put them in the best position to WIN themselves. He thinks his family will be proud of the way he played the game...he may want to “think” again.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 05-06-16 1
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 05-06-16 2
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 05-06-16 3
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 05-07-16 4
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 05-07-16 5
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 05-07-16 6
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 05-08-16 7
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 05-09-16 8
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 05-09-16 9
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 05-09-16 10
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 05-09-16 11
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 05-10-16 12
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 05-10-16 13
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 05-10-16 14
                       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 05-11-16 15
                           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 05-11-16 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19039 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-16, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-16 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

This week everybody gets their own category.

Good.
Aubry. Yeah, she's still in a good position. She still has Tai as a shield even though that position could be seen in a mirror as her being his shield. It's a delicate balance that's working in her favor, I tend to think. And if Tai has truly turned against her, that balance may be reversed.

By voting to evict Jason she took out a goat, but by being flexible in her thinking and not persisting to vote against Michele she kept herself on Cyd's side. So that was a good move to keep herself out of the target zone (As much as it's possible for her to be, the others surely have not failed to notice that she would be a formidable opponent at F2).

In order for her to get to F2, she needs to win the last IC. I don't see anyone choosing to sit beside her if the choice is between her, Tai (yeah, even Tai), Michele, Joe, or Cyd.

She also has to get past the next IC. Tai will play his HI, so he's safe, Joe may go medi-vac, so somehow she has to work a strategy to get Cyd or Michele out. She has shown that she is capable of getting something going that will work.

She's my shaky bet to win it all, partly because of the great story of the weakest anxiety attack prone newb an her first day shedding her baby fat and overcoming her fears to win it all, but mostly because there is a logical path ahead for her to get there.

BTW, for myself, I'm going to drop the pretense that there will be a F3, I think that between the public utterances of the EPMB and Jeff that a F2 final is becoming a forgone conclusion. If the 3rd med-evac doesn't happen, they will have badly fooled me, and hats off to them. Till then, for me, it's an F2 final.

Not So Good.
Tai. This last episode cast a cloud over his future. He now has a substantial anti-Tai voting bloc in the jury. He'll be safe until the final IC. But because of the seeming certainty that there are jury members that are not his fans, he might be considered a semi-goat. He is still the affable lovable animal loving guy with a great social game, but his dark side has indeed shown itself. He's frustrated some, he's double crossed people, he's become domineering to some, and he's still a must go target for some. His bickering with Michele won't have enhanced her opinion of him, and if she goes to jury, there's another vote possibly lost to him.

He's still a threat, most of the jury would still vote for him I think, but he's not as sure a bet as he has been, and I think his chances have been eclipsed by Aubry's.

However, I think he'll win the Fan Favorite money. I'd be voting for Aubry, but Tai would also be a good choice.

Worse.
Cyd. If Michele gets the rebound HI trip down the gangplank, and Joe goes medical, then she has a good chance of making F2. Neither Tai nor Aubry will take the other (if they still have active brain cells), and Cyd would be the only other Dara standing.

Welcome to LA, Cyd.

If she is in F2 with Tai, she might win if the anti-Tai jury forces can turn a couple more votes. If she is there with Audry she has very little chance. Julia and Michele might not be on Aubry's side, but I'm guessing most of the jury would be.

Even Worser.
Michele. Her fate is out of her hands, and that usually means bad news in terms of longevity. She has shown no game play, no strategy other than moment to moment survival, she has some chance (especially if a memory task comes up) of winning the crucial IC, but to get there she will need to survive the next TC, and I think she'll be the collateral victim when Tai plays his HI at the next TC.

Worst, also known as "No soup for you, Joe"
Joe I'm calling BS on his claim to have been an FBI guy. I don't think he finished junior high, let alone Quantico.

However, if he isn't medivaced, then here could be an F3 final, and he could be in it. He has no story other than he's old and lasted to the end (if indeed he does last to the end, which he probably won't).

Gone, Gone, Thank God He's Gone.
Jason. What a Dick. Another bootee with a self awareness distortion problem. A loathsome character who likes animals but who also relishes torturing tribemates by making them starve and depriving them of fire and water as a game tactic, and who doesn't hesitate to use his own kid (an autistic kid, if he is to be believed -OK, I tend to believe that) as a pawn to generate sympathy and get ahead in the game.

Jason is the little guy who buddies up with a real bully to be his sidekick so that he can act out his own bullyboy tendencies. When he no longer has the protection of his big friend, all he has left is his mouth.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-06-16, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Well listed. Your bottom four couldn’t be any more on target.

Yet I disagree that the remaining players would want to sit next to Tai instead of Aubry. I’m not seeing that at all. The girls plus bitch Joe (if he’s still a factor) are far more tighter with Aubry because they all have vaginas (or in Joe’s case should have one.) Whereas you make an excellent case that sitting next to Tai could be an easier win than sitting next to Aubry, conventional wisdom seldom prevails in these cases.

Cases in point: Colby passed up a win against the irritable cook Keith to carry his closest ally to the Final and her ultimate win. Lil couldn’t bring herself to make the quintessential villain Fairplay her million dollar ticket and handed the dough to Sandra instead. Woo felt devoted to take the player who was responsible for getting him to the F3 over a more beatable Kass. For all those reasons all Aubry needs is to have Tai not win the F4 IC.

Of course if your prediction of a F2 becomes this season’s conclusion that would be a MOOOONSTER game changer!!! So monsterous just end the game now, give Aubry the million, and call it a season. I don’t see a feasible way for Tai to get to a F2...and if he should, he’d go down at one of the most impressive champions ever.

05-06-16, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Granted, the Tai/Aubry thing is a close call, but I think I count more anti-Tai votes on the jury than anti-Aubry. Keep in mind I have a bad record second guessing juries, so I'm never sure.

However, your examples are accurate, but there are some caveats to remember. Colby was second season (I assume you're referring to Australia), and he can be excused somewhat because no one really knew how to play the game back then. Even so it was an obvious boner of a move, but the criticism from that season was what drilled it into everyone's head about what a bad thing that was to do. Never make that decision based on friendship, or on a misplaced sense of honor. I think he thought he would win because he did the honorable thing. So, now we know better.

And Lil, she was an idiot. Or she didn't see Australia. I think both.

05-07-16, 06:31 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-16 AT 06:32 AM (EST)

Right NOW I also count more anti-Tai votes than anti-Aubry votes (that's if both face each other in the Finals)...especially if Tai hangs himself at FTC and does NOT own up to his game and his decisions that will make some Jurors bitter. Although he wins against any of the other Bozos even with the presence of some anti-Tai sentiment.

If he does make the Finals (a possible F2 would make that chance even more remote) I do believe he will be clever enough to know what should be said to the Jury to perform enough damage control.

Yes I was referring to Colby in Australia. He wasn't in the money in S8 (the season they had the audacity to call "All-Stars.")

Both Colby and Lil were guilty of what I referred to with Joe in my list this week. With Colby, his alliance with Tina aside, his hatred and distain was so much for Keith he was driven by emotion and could not bring himself to take Keith. Lil's response at the Reunion after the straw poll confirmed her win against Fairplay was she didn't want to give Dalton even $100K for him to use for "partying" and "womanizing."

Despite the resolve they have convinced themselves to accept and the delusion of brainwashing their minds to believe they would have lost regardless who they carried to the Finals, you are on the money calling those moves "boners."

05-07-16, 09:42 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
While I thought at the time (as I assume you did) that Colby's move was obviously bad, keep in mind that in the first season at Borneo, the only other Survivor season to that point, Kelly had made what should have been the right move and, with the choice between the affable if somewhat crusty old guy Rudy and Richard the goat, she took the goat to the final (an F2 that season). She did the correct thing and didn't go with her heart, and that time the goat won.

It isn't known whether she would have fared better had she taken Rudy, but I think the consensus is that she still would have lost.

But still, that choice and that outcome was Colby's only reference. With only that one example of how to make that final decision, and after being shown how that decision fizzled, he did the opposite and went the other way (still a boneheaded move, in retrospect), and went with his heart, and took Tina. Somewhat forgivable in the haze of war of those early days which is why that example isn't really applicable to the present situation. By now that excuse doesn't exist. It has become abundantly clear in the 30 or so seasons after that that the best strategic move is to not take your friend, not to go with your heart but to take the most reprehensible person left standing, whether or not you can stand to be in the same hemisphere with them or not.

No successful gambler bets more than token amounts on heart choices.

Lil is a good example, except that she was also crazy. I kinda forgive her though, because giving Fairplay second place money would have been a sin. But you're right, giving up the Mill was a bigger sin.

In the present season, Cyd was just plain pig headed and stupid. She should instead have been prepared to give Jason the 2nd place money if she thought (which she should think) that he hadn't the jury votes to beat her. But Aubry made the right choice under the circumstances to adapt to the changing circumstances and appease Cyd. Which could really be fortunate if Joe leaves the game because Cyd might be the only friend that she has left.

05-07-16, 12:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Good points all around.

In Borneo it wasn’t so much the consensus Rudy wins regardless of who he sat next to in the Finals, it was more of a foregone conclusion. That’s the only reason Richard bowed out of the final IC knowing Kelly could not take Rudy to the Finals and win. What is always tricky when you choose who to sit next to at FTC is whether the Jury will be bitter sore losers or will they vote in the true spirit of the game.

Unfortunately for Kelly, Sue Hawk proved to be the poster child for the Reality TV bitter sore loser and lost by a single vote. Keith was far more annoying and hated in S2 than Richard was in S1, yet even if Outback was season 30, I honestly believe Colby’s hatred for Keith would STILL have him handing the million to Tina even now. Just my opinion.

We’re on the same page with Lil.

In the present season and most recent TC, there’s no way anyone could convince me Aubry did not know who was voting for whom heading into that TC...and I’m even including Jason’s vote for Joe. With that said it wasn’t really much of a “choice” for Aubry to make. If she showed her loyalty and wrote down Michele’s name with Tai we would have had a tie between Jason and Michele. And in a revote not even Tai would have revoted for Michele and ran the risk of his game and season ownership ending by drawing rocks.

Should Joe leave the game, not much of this discussion would matter all that much because Aubry will be unwrapping her million dollar gift on Finale/Reunion Show night.

michel2 1579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-08-16, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-16 AT 01:47 PM (EST)

Because Jeff and his team have no talent to tell a good story it seems that that the last five players standing aren’t very good at the game. Joe has all but shut down, Tai has no empathy, Aubry has anxiety attacks that lead to questionable decisions, Cydney cannot take orders but she can’t stop dishing them out while Michele just follows along at the expense of her closest ally.

If they knew how to present a story then we'd have the following List:

Good

1- Aubry: She told us she’d wake up Tribal Council and it was her comment about Tai and Cydney that really started the fireworks. After that, the argument heated up between Tai and Michele over their respective positions in the alliance. Despite Aubry’s tears, she was the voice of reason during the episode, the one that was able to deal with Tai and Cydney. She told us she preferred going with Tai but his lamentable display during TC would have made her look terrible. The jury would have felt that she was intimidated by Tai and voted with him only because she was afraid. Now, if she can start being more decisive and start making good decisions she should win this.

2- Michele: She has a very good social game. It wouldn’t have stood out against a great tactical player but we simply don’t have one this season. She finally came out in this episode and her eloquence turned her argument against Tai into a technical knock-out. Her harangue was perfect and it showed the jury that she wouldn’t let Tai walk all over her. That could be the catalysis she needed to start a chain reaction from the members of the jury.

Cydney: She is making the decisions right now but are they to her advantage? It felt like she forced the alliance to vote against Jason only because she didn’t like being told to vote against Michele. Yes, Jason should have been voted out before this Tribal Council but just last episode Cydney told us that Tai was the bigger threat. This would have been the perfect occasion to get rid of him if she had simply bit her tongue and pretended to go along with everything he said. Jason was offering a glorious road to the Final 3 but she acted like a frustrated child. Even the faces she made during Tribal Council looked childish.

The Bad

1- Tai: Tai's idea of an explanation his "It's got to be Michele"! That showed his total lack of social skills. Judging by the jurors’ reactions, I think Tai would have trouble winning a vote. His social game is atrocious and he is unable to present his case to his allies, let alone the jury. He’s now safe for the next Tribal Council because it’s the last chance to play his idol. I doubt he’d be dumb enough to give it away unless he wins immunity. After that however, I don’t think this flipper can win the game. It,s also funny to note that for the third time, the vote advantage was wasted. It's just another dumb twist.

The Boring

1- Joe: Judging by his inability to spell the word “Immunity” I think he’s shutting down mentally. While Cydney didn’t like his bossiness in camp, I’d say it comes from frustration. It’s hard to accept that age can cripple body and mind but Joe is coming to the realization that he can’t compete with these young people.

Booted - Jason: Because of the editors' awkward presentation, it appeared as if Jason was the only good tactician left in the game. His offer of Final three to Cydney and Michele was great...for him, not for them. Had they accepted it, they would have given him the victory. All the chatter between Tai and Michele made us lose sight of the need to get rid of Jason. I'd say the editors focused on making us think the episide wouldn't end with the obvious vote but in order to do that, they made everyone else look dumb.

05-09-16, 08:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-16 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

Well, Tai did show more of his dark side with his insistence on voting Michele out, and that was a mistake, but "Total Lack Of Social skills" overstates it a bit, I think.

The guy up to this point has had a very good social game. So good that largely because of it he would have a sympathetic jury. He would be the favorite at any F2 except maybe with Aubry. Maybe. It's because of this excellent social game (to this point anyway) that none of the others want to sit next to him at the end.

That uncharacteristically unperceptive move did move him down a bit in these ratings, though.

The knee would account for some of Joe's ineptitude at challenges, including the lack of concentration spelling wise. That and the 70 years. And his being an curmudgeonly old dick.

05-09-16, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Tai is a sociable person but that doesn't mean he has a good social game. There's a huge difference that I can best explain by comparing Natalie Tenerelli to Brian Heidick.

Natalie was a very social person and everyone liked her but she had absolutely no social game and wound up not knowing how to earn a single jury vote.

Brian was an asocial sociopath but he had a terrific social GAME because he managed to get everyone on his tribe to like him. He was a salesman and that showed in the way he sold himself: Ted saw him as a brother, Jan as a son, Clay as a partner and Helen...well I think Helen would have left her husband for Brian! Despite screwing most, he still managed to get their votes at the end.

Tai's limitations were obvious when he blurted out the super idol at TC and when he couldn't help but laugh when he tried to make Jason feel better after blindsiding him. Tai is a likable person but he has no social GAME.

05-09-16, 07:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
When I was 9 or 10 years old I would wait patiently for Sunday night when arguably the greatest storyteller of our time (Walt Disney) would appear on our family’s 13” TV to narrate his “Wonderful World of Disney” telecast. Some 40+ years later 60” plasma and HDTVs have replaced the 13” picture tubes and something else happened...(contrary to popular belief) I grew up. I no longer have a need to be “told a story” on a TV screen, especially when I am watching competitions. As much as I miss John Madden as a football analyst, I continue to enjoy watching football because at the end of the day it is the NFL players who ultimately provide the “story.”

With Survivor I don’t need Jeff to be another “Walt Disney” because if the players were casted properly they would be able to tell us the story through their actions and their words. CBS doesn’t need storytellers...it needs a casting crew that does not continue to suck season after season. Heck, even the great Disney wouldn’t have much success as a storyteller if he had to narrate a show with a bunch of lame characters.

With all that said, your justifiable criticism of the remaining players has merit. Clearly Tai could have played a better social game but even if he had played an impeccable social game up to this point he’d still be in the same position...needing to win the F4 IC to stay alive. Should he get to the Finals I think he’d be able to make a good case to the Jury, and I wouldn’t call his social game “atrocious.” To be objective and fair, Production did not do the 51-year-old pint-size gay gardener any favors casting him on a tribe of 20-some year old beautiful women along with a couple of male physical specimens. Given that fact I think he came out of it not too bad all considering. And a couple of recent winners (Tony and Mike) were not exactly the most colorful social butterflies to flutter their wings, yet by playing harder, working harder, and searching harder they emerged as deserving and satisfying winners.

As for the vote advantage, Tai could only play it up to F5 and with an idol in his pocket he may as well have played it this past TC. So I wouldn’t criticize him for “wasting” it, it’s more a case of what you also stated appropriately calling it a “dumb twist.”

So you think it was the “editors’ presentation” that Cydney/Michele would be worse off with Jason in the Finals? Instead of Tai or Aubry?? Really??? Editors Schmeditors...there’s NO WAY they’d be better off sitting next to Aubry or Tai. Anyone who hasn’t been watching this season in a vacuum has to contend they’d both have a better shot against Jason in the Finals. Bottom line...they both failed putting themselves in better positions to win.

05-09-16, 10:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
I also watch football for the players and the action but I enjoy it a lot more when a great analyst like Mike Mayock underlines the things that go unnoticed compared to the inane comments made by the likes of Gruden and Simms.

Jeff's recap for the last episode was equally inane. He made it sound as if Michele gained nothing by voting out Julia. It also sounded as if Aubry played no role in keeping Michele and Cydney's loyalty.

They are better players than what Jeff says. If Jason had made his way to the end, he would have stood a great shot of getting votes from Nick, Scot, Julia and whoever Michele and Cydney betrayed. Unfortunately there won't be any reunion polls about it but I'm convinced Jason stood a great shot of winning if, like Chris, he had managed to get to the end as a single player.

05-10-16, 06:42 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Michele voting out Julia solidified her role as the quintessential follower in the game. She simply went with the flow (majority) and no recap from Jeff (or any master storyteller for that matter) would be able to deviate from that obvious.

Aubry voting Jason merely completed the predictability I noted back when Tai made the game-changing move that I stated would set off a chain reaction of Scot/Jason/Julia being eliminated in the next three TCs. I’m certain the storyteller fans would love to have the editors deviate from that obvious as well and make it sound like a masterful savvy tactic on Aubry’s part to maintain Michele/Cydney’s loyalty.

As I stated in my previous post, voting with Tai to write down Michele would have led to a revote where no one would be willing to draw rocks at this stage of the game. And if you’re going to tell me Aubry didn’t know going into TC who was voting for whom, I will respectfully ask you to save your time and your words and don’t bother trying to convince me she didn’t know because I’m not buying it.

Sure Jason would have had a good shot getting Scot and Julia’s votes, but regardless how you wish to spin it, Aubry and Tai have a BETTER shot getting MORE votes at FTC than Jason. To reiterate Kingfish’s accurate assessment, despite Tai’s “atrociousness” or what he is supposedly “lacking” NO ONE wants to sit next to him at the end. I am not going to debate you on exactly how many votes Jason would have got; but I will debate that Aubry and Tai get MORE votes than Jason. So for the umpteenth time, heading into F5 keeping players in the game who stand to garnish more votes than the player you just voted out is NOT putting YOURSELF in a BETTER position to win the game.

05-10-16, 04:00 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
Aubry and Tai could well have beaten Jason but my argument was that Cydney and Michele could have lost to him!! They were the two that got Jason's offer, not Aubry or Tai.

Aubry knew where the votes were going, I know. She knew so well that she could have blindsided Tai. That would have been a nice move and would have solidified her game.

Jeff could have said that Michele decided to sacrifice Julia to improve her standing in the game. It would have been an accurate statement and would have painted a better story than simply saying she went with the majority.

05-10-16, 06:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
I apologize for not explaining my case properly. I wasn't trying to convince anyone that Tai or Aubry would get more votes than Jason...that's pretty much a given. My point is Cydney/Michele have a much better shot beating Jason in the Finals as opposed to Aubry or Tai. Although I believe either of them take Jason in the end, yes I suppose they COULD have lost to him. But they will DEFINITELY lose to either Aubry or Tai. And either one of them could have been eliminated last TC. So they eliminate a player they had a good shot at beating and instead retain two players they have little to no shot of beating. That's NOT putting yourself in the best position to win.

Point well taken Aubry missed an opportunity to blindside Tai. Much like the opportunity she missed several episodes ago to flush out the Super Idols. And the prior episode given Tai a ray of hope to not use his idol that will now give him a free ride to the F4 or if he wins immunity will really have Aubry scrambling next TC. And that's not even counting the TWO lives she had in ONE episode when the merge saved her hide and Neal's medivac saved her AGAIN.

Michele HERSELF stated in a confessional she voted out Julia to go with the majority. I don't have an issue if Jeff/Production decide not to storytell a coattail riding follower in a better light.

05-11-16, 00:17 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
First, one thing I forgot to reply:

>As for the vote advantage,
>Tai could only play it up to F5
>and with an idol in his pocket
>he may as well have played it
>this past TC. So I wouldn’t
>criticize him for “wasting” it

If you noted, I wasn't criticizing Tai in that sentence, just noting how funny that what production keeps calling an "advantage" did absolutely nothing for the 3rd time in a row. At least this time it wasn't a "badvantage". Tai is the first to survive the advantage!

>So they
>eliminate a player they had
>a good shot at beating
>and instead retain two players
>they have little to no
>shot of beating. That's NOT
>putting yourself in the best
>position to win.

I believe Cydney and Michele's best shot of winning the game is if they can take Joe to the end or if we have a Final 2. By being the strongest guy left, Jason would have had a chance of winning all the immunity challenges. Not only would that have greatly impressed the jury but he could have stolen Joe and used him as his own goat. It was better to boot Jason to even the playing field.

>Point well taken Aubry missed an
>opportunity to blindside Tai. Much
>like the opportunity she missed
>several episodes ago to flush
>out the Super Idols.

By turning Tai, she did flush the super idol.

>And the prior episode given Tai
>a ray of hope to
>not use his idol that
>will now give him a
>free ride to the F4
>or if he wins immunity
>will really have Aubry scrambling
>next TC.

She only had the opprtunity to blindside Tai because she was honest with him about the idol. Only then did she find out he didn't have two idols.

>And that's not
>even counting the TWO lives
>she had in ONE episode
>when the merge saved her
>hide and Neal's medivac saved
>her AGAIN.

The editing made it look like she would have gone but there never was a TC so we don't know for sure if she was saved. Maybe she was lucky but we could also say she was unlucky that Debbie's attitude pushed Nick and Michele away.

>Michele HERSELF stated in a confessional
>she voted out Julia to
>go with the majority. I
>don't have an issue if
>Jeff/Production decide not to storytell
>a coattail riding follower in
>a better light.

You seem to think that votes are isolated events. Not only does one vote leads to another but the vote is the only truth in this game. If Michele had voted with Julia instead of against her, do you believe for an instant that Cydney would have rushed to her defense? Of course not. First of all, she would have understood Tai's desire of getting rid of Michele because she'd have voted against him. In addition, Cydney would have stopped trusting Michele. By voting against Julia, Michele saved herself in the next vote. That's being proactive in the best possible manner.

05-11-16, 06:36 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-16 AT 06:45 AM (EST)

>If you noted, I wasn't criticizing Tai in that sentence, just noting how funny that what production keeps calling an "advantage" did absolutely nothing for the 3rd time in a row. At least this time it wasn't a "badvantage". Tai is the first to survive the advantage!

When you noted in your assessment for Tai that the vote advantage was “wasted again” it appeared that Tai wasted it because you noted that in HIS assessment. Given your clarification I’m in agreement.

>I believe Cydney and Michele's best shot of winning the game is if they can take Joe to the end or if we have a Final 2. By being the strongest guy left, Jason would have had a chance of winning all the immunity challenges. Not only would that have greatly impressed the jury but he could have stolen Joe and used him as his own goat. It was better to boot Jason to even the playing field.

Well of course EVERYONE involved has the best chance taking Joe to the end. But my point all along has been Cydney/Michele have no realistic chance of winning with Tai and Aubry still there. I would still take my chances with Jason running the table and winning EVERY IC left than the prospect of sitting next to Aubry, Tai, or both. With both of them still in the game at F5 it is anything but “evening the playing field.”

>By turning Tai, she did flush the super idol.

There’s a difference between “eliminating” the Super Idol twist vs. “flushing out” the idols. Yes, Tai’s morality check with Aubry “eliminated the Super Idol “twist,” but I was referring to the TC BEFORE Tai’s morality check. The opportunity was missed ‘flushing” out BOTH idols by forcing Jason/Tai to supersize them when they were both revealed for the first time at that TC.

>She only had the opprtunity to blindside Tai because she was honest with him about the idol. Only then did she find out he didn't have two idols.

So what if she didn’t know for sure if Tai had one or two idols. Even if he had two idols I do not see Tai considering the Super Idol twist on his own. He would have played each one separately in the conventional manner to ensure safety at TWO TCs instead of just that one. You do not give him ANY hope so he walks away from Tribal with ALL the advantages he came with. Any way you desire to spin, it still adds up to miss opportunities.

>The editing made it look like she would have gone but there never was a TC so we don't know for sure if she was saved. Maybe she was lucky but we could also say she was unlucky that Debbie's attitude pushed Nick and Michele away.

But even despite her several missed opportunities, her luck has allowed her to prevail up to this point. Oh Brother…edit, schmedit…here we go again! LOL!!! If another castaway (in your spin Debbie) proactively played a harder game, I do not perceive that as all the other players being “unlucky.” That’s a case of a particular castaway playing harder than everyone else in a more proactive manner. Granted it did not end up well for Debbie, but it did for recent winners Tony and Mike, and numerous others before them.

>You seem to think that votes are isolated events. Not only does one vote leads to another but the vote is the only truth in this game. If Michele had voted with Julia instead of against her, do you believe for an instant that Cydney would have rushed to her defense? Of course not. First of all, she would have understood Tai's desire of getting rid of Michele because she'd have voted against him. In addition, Cydney would have stopped trusting Michele. By voting against Julia, Michele saved herself in the next vote. That's being proactive in the best possible manner.

And the wheels on your bus SPIN ‘round and ‘round. Even a Master of Spinology like yourself will have little success convincing anyone Michele’s actions were anyhing other than a case of your regular coattail rider following along. Even Production knew any attempt to try to narrate this obvious in a manner you would have preferred would be futile.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •