The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-26-16, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
Jeff ends the episode with “the uncertainty of the game will certainly return.” This is followed by the preview of a Merge. LMAO! You couldn’t get any LESS “uncertain” than a merge for next episode.

GOOD

TAI – Still the best this season. The upcoming Merge can only help him. He is not perceived as a challenge threat. His likable personality and work ethic should win even more favor. OH, and he still has his HII.

NEIL – A light episode for him. Yet when he hops onto the beach for the Merge he should be tickled pink that the duo of Mr. Arrogant and his mental meltdown sidekick who were targeting him on the Brain tribe do not even make the Merge. He’s pretty solid with Chan Loh and with the other mental meltdown maiden ready to hop on his back with the Merge I do not see him going anywhere soon. Oh Yes, he still has his HII too.

DEBBIE – An off again/on again model...mostly “off” I’d presume. She’s probably running Production over budget by having to repeatedly change the lettering of her profession every time they pop her name up on the screen. Now it’s “Part-time Model.” Listening to Debbie every episode...all of a sudden Coach’s claim of being abducted by South American Pygmies is beginning to sound a whole lot more plausible. At any rate her entertainment value has been beyond good. It was ill-advised telling Michele they should target Jason. But should it get back to Jason, Debbie will be able to lie vehemently and talk her way out of it because, as we all know, she plays “offensively.”

SCOT – With the “certainty” of the Merge known, the intriguing story I am eager to follow is how Scot will play his role of middleman between the two HIIs. Generally a merge can spell trouble for a physically imposing figure like Scot, but other physical threats are still out and about with post-merge anti-Darwin targets on their backs as well. I see very little shot of an endgame for him, but could see him sticking around for a few more episodes.

BAD

NICK – I can understand being slighted that you do what you’re supposed to do post-swap and play the game to form a new alliance/bond with Jason...and NOW Miss Janey-come-lately all of a sudden decides she’s going to do the same by telling you to get on board with Debbie’s plan to target your newfound bond. All you needed to do was nod to humor her then go off and with confused and perplexed Greek God eyes inform Debbie about the “concerning” account you heard from Michele. “Offensively” Debbie would have eaten Michele for breakfast, lunch AND dinner, and you’d be off whistling Dixie safely somewhere else. But instead he forces HIS way on Michele in a condescending manner. How stupid; very BAD, Nick.

AUBRY – In hindsight it was probably best she was mostly oblivious to what was going on behind her at TC. If she knew for sure we’d probably be “treated” to another anxiety meltdown attack. Instead her indecisiveness carried over to the Parchment paper area where she probably spent more time voting than Rodney and Carolyn spent during the fire-making tie-breaker in Worlds Apart. She FURTHER advertises her indecisiveness by crossing out a name to change her vote. But alas, the Merge should save her where she’ll be able to jump on the back of her former Brain Neil who could carry her deeper into the game.

JOE – So does FBI school teach its recruits everyone is “guilty until PROVEN innocent???” I never attended FBI school but in third-grade political science class we were taught the opposite. Scot could have shouted instructions in a bullhorn at TC and Joe would still have been clueless. What ticks me off even more is Production will watch Joe and decide not to consider older folks for future seasons. That’s bad and sad...VERY sad.

BORING

JASON – Nothing much doing this episode. Had Chan Loh lost the IC it would have been an interesting and eventful post-IC/pre-TC back at camp. And Jason could have been very much in the crossfire, but winning IC and avoiding TC put Jason’s story on hold.

CYDNEY – How Jason goes; Cydney goes. If Cydney caught wind that Debbie was targeting Jason it would have put Cydney in the mix...but the IC win prevented any such possible drama hence a boring episode for her as well.

PUCKER UP AND GIVE THE MERGE A BIG SLOPPY KISS

As unfortunate as the swap was for the Beauty women, the upcoming Merge offsets that misfortune tenfold for Michele and Julia.

MICHELE – So it takes wearing the goat horns in a challenge to determine, HMMMMM maybe now is the right “time” to start forming bonds/alliances? Could have been a case of “a day late and a dollar short.” Informing Nick of Debbie’s intention to target Jason could have been catastrophic had Chan Loh been on the losing end of the IC. But once again, she’s fortunate to be on the winning tribe. Off the top of my head I don’t know if any castaway ever entered the Merge never visiting TC? We have two this season with Michele and Nick. And thanks to the Anti-Darwin Syndrome that usually takes a casualty or two immediately after merge when she does visit tribal for the first time you gotta wonder if it’s even worth Jeff telling Michele to put her torch in the fire for the first time? Yep, pucker up for that big ‘ole sloppy kiss!

JULIA – Hard to say for certain if Julia gets the boot if Gondol returned to another TC, but she would have been a prime candidate. Now she can rejoin Michele and blend in with the rest of the non-challenge threats. Julia & Michele can give the Merge a sandwich kiss that would be the envy of most male viewers.

BOOTED) PETER – Even if the initial vote was a 3-3 tie, I’m fairly certain Aubry would have went poo-poo in her panties and flipped on the revote so the inevitable would have occurred nevertheless. Peter was given new life in the game, yet in the end “You are...who you are...who you are” prevailed as it always does.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 My List: michel2 03-27-16 1
   RE: My List: Aruba 03-28-16 3
       RE: My List: michel2 03-28-16 5
           RE: My List: Aruba 03-29-16 9
               RE: My List: michel2 03-29-16 10
                   RE: My List: Aruba 03-30-16 11
                       RE: My List: michel2 03-30-16 13
                           RE: My List: Aruba 03-30-16 17
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 03-28-16 2
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 03-28-16 4
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 03-28-16 6
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 03-29-16 7
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 03-30-16 12
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 03-30-16 14
                       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 03-30-16 15
                           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 03-30-16 16
                           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 03-30-16 18
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 03-29-16 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 1475 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-27-16, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "My List: "
First, to answer your question: All the members of the original Tandang tribe reached the merger without meeting Probst at TC. Joe and keith did the same last season.

Then, I have to mention that the RC was clearly designed to help the star basketball player get in the good graces of his team mates right when his strength was becoming a danger. The IC would obviously also favor a tall man but Scot wouldn’t use his height to its full advantage until it was too late. I mean, production isn’t even hiding the fact that they fix the game to favor certain individuals yet some viewers still dismiss any mention of it as conspiracy theories!!

On to my list:

The Good

1- Debbie: She was the central figure in both of Chan Loh’s segments. We first saw her talking with Nick in what appeared to be a very superficial talk but was actually quite the fencing match. Nick probably thought he was the only one with a foil in hand but we know that Debbie is quite the skilled sabreuse and she successfully danced around him. Nick mentioned that Debbie could be blowing smoke up his ass but he dismissed that idea much too quickly She was also seen supporting him in his preparation to face the NBA champion. Later, Debbie was there during Michele’s crisis.

Some will say that her words about voting against Jason weren't smart but that's forgetting that we see only a fraction of what is actually said on the island. I believe that Debbie had already told Jason that Michele was her target and that she'd tell her anything to get her off the scent. Neither knew her real motives so how could they rat her out?

2- Michele: : This was a great episode for Michele. She had a great personal moment when she said: “so I’m going to try and use my social skills to build me back up” but her main role in the episode was to show us the difference between the male approach, as demonstrated by Nick, and Debbie’s. While Nick infantilized Michele, Debbie talked to her as an equal and, more than that, she gave Michele hope. We clearly saw Michele’s different reactions to these approaches. If a woman wins this season and it isn't Debbie then it could very well be Michele.

3- Julia: Instead of showing weakness, Julia hid the effects of the ordeal she endured on To Tang. Instead of panicking, Julia hid her reaction to Anna's elimination. How did she do that? By putting a big smile on her face. This game is simple at times, isn't it? You don't need to win challenges to get in an alliance and stay safe, you have to have a social game. Julia miscalculated at first when she thought Peter could help her but the information he gave her showed that she could be much more conniving than he expected!

The Bad

1- Nick: This episode really showed the contradiction in Aruba's view of the game. From a challenge perspective, Nick had a great episode, nearly creating a huge upset in beating an NBA pro at his own game and then being the first to put someone on his shoulders to win immunity. Yet this was a terrible episode for Nick and even Aruba recognizes it! Why was this a bad episode? Because Nick played the social game rather poorly. He certainly didn't get a good read on Michele and that could cost him dearly very soon. Debbie outraced him to get on Brawn's good side last week and she may have stolen his only ally this week.

2- Jason Jean Robert entered China with a weird strategy: He'd do very little at camp at first, knowing his strength in challenges would suffice to survive the early votes. Later, he planned on working harder to impress the players when it really counted. Jason told us he had a very similar approach while he was in Brawn but he should realize that now is the time to step up. A reputation of laziness is a killer in this game.

3- Joe: If that's how the FBI agents operate, the US are in trouble! He first wanted to get rid of the guy that was a pain in the butt then he stood up for him, preventing Aubry from changing their vote. His sudden show of loyalty looked completely misplaced.

4- Scot: Why did he need Peter to hang himself at TC to save his side? Faced with a tie vote, Scot crumbled faster than Katie in Palau. Was his 3 less worthy than the Brains' trio? He should have gone to Aubry to tell her she would be in his top three if she voted with him and he should have put the pressure of drawing rocks if she balked. There is no way she would have drawn rocks to save Peter. If only we heard that Scot was sure that the merger was coming next but he didn't seem to consider that a possibility.

5- Aubry Wishy-washy: adjective
1. lacking in decisiveness; without strength or character; irresolute; Aubry.
2. weak; Aubry.
When considering the season's sole survivor I think we can Aubry

6- Tai: Like Scot, he let himself get pushed around by the Brawn trio. At least he got the ball rolling when he realized that Peter had caused some uncertainty in Aubry's mind.

The Boring

1- Neal: If this ranking is only about this week, how can Neal be anywhere than in the boring group? Not even a witty comment.

2- Cydney: Was she even there?

Booted - Peter: It was about time. How can anyone be so unaware?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-28-16, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My List: "
Thanks for the answers to the Trivia Question. I have no idea who Tandang was? Must have been from a season with returning players, as was the case last season with Joe and Keith. Both of those castaways were more than formidable in challenges so it does not surprise me they would have contributed greatly to being on winning teams and avoiding TC up to the Merge.

Therefore, I will rephrase my statement and say I do not recall any castaways avoiding TC up to the Merge in a REAL season until now.

I’m fairly certain N.O.W. (National Organization for Women) may want to make you an honorary member after reading your posted list. *wink*

I see no reason why Production might feel the need to put Scot in his tribe's “good graces” considering he was not in any immediate danger. If no swap occurred, Cydney would have been the next Brawn to take a hike had they returned to TC. After the swap, the two Beauties were on the hit lists for both new tribes. And Julia/Peter were going to be the prime candidates for this past TC regardless of what the RC was and how the players performed.

To suggest Production on Days 14/15 simply “whipped-up” both challenges on a spur of the moment to purposely benefit one castaway not in any immediate danger is nuts.

Sorry to stick a harpoon in your conspiracy theory but IMHO challenges are thought-up, planned, formatted, assembled, tested (and retested,) tweeked, and decided on before the players step onto the beach on Day One to officially kick off the season.

When assessing players on my list I must give kudos to Kingfish by incorporating some of the criteria (placing players “good” and “bad” based on position in the game.) That being said the Merge announced THIS episode played a role in my placement for several players THIS week...not only for Neal, but for Michele, Julia, and Tai as well.

To consider giving Julia even a primary assist for Peter’s boot is nothing short of laughable. The one statement for which I cannot (nor would I) provide any counterpoint is when you stated for Peter, “It was about time.” Bottom line...Peter was a goner before Julia’s smiling face hopped onto the mat of her new Gondol tribe.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say unfortunately most FBI agents probably operate like Joe. But if you think the US is in trouble now—wait until November after Election Day!

Good call on Jason’s laziness being noted. I did not remember that when placing the players. You’re right...laziness is a killer in this game. Had I realized that when I posted my list I would have placed Jason “bad” as well.

If Tai was easily pushed around as you stated, he would have burned his HII during the first post-swap TC as many players before him did...but he did not. Applying it to this episode, although Scot was the “relayer of information” during TC, it was Tai who flipped on the green light to go with the original plan to oust Peter. Quick thinking and appropriately played.

Without question I agree this past episode belonged to Michele. Being approached by Debbie and her conversation with Nick immediately after wearing the goat horns and in the wake of most certainly being the bootee had Chan Loh attended the first TC post-swap made her the focal point this week. Being on the non-losing side of EVERY team IC has been nothing short of a God sent for her.

I will still stand by my original statement that telling Nick of Debbie’s plan to target Jason could have blown up in her face even worse than the revelation of the HII blowing up Anna’s tactic used to throw Tai under the bus. Contrary to Neal’s statement--you don’t always MAKE your own luck; many times luck finds one without any proactivity on one’s part. But I believe a person can squander good fortune that happens to come their way. If Michele does not squander what has come her way, then more power to her.

Anyone as narcissistic as Nick is delusional and socially-inept, so to outperform him socially is hardly an accomplishment. Sure Debbie was blowing smoke up his butt because of his good looks, but truth be told, Nick is as dumb as a brick. So I wouldn’t even attempt to blow any sunshine up Michele’s butt for outsmarting him either. LOL

It’s now the second or third time (I’ve lost count) we heard Debbie saying she wants a woman to win. Up to now the castaway most deserving of the win is Debbie herself. Yet somehow I get this sneaky suspicion the deserving player (Debbie) will come up short only to giftwrap the win to one of her female followers. If so...then why not Michele?

In B vs. W II, Natalie (the only female to win the past six seasons) showed us enough proactivity, big moves, finding a HII, and even throw in an IC win for good measure can all occur after the Merge, so it goes without saying it’s still anyone’s game to win right now.

03-28-16, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My List: "
Tandang was the yellow tribe in Philipines. That season had three returning players; Swan, Penner and Skupin but they proved to be all idiots.

You missed the point about Survivor fixing challenges for their favorite players. What I am saying is exactly that the challenge was drawn up before the season started. They knew they had a basketball player on the cast, they also know that strong guys are often targets just before the merger. So, to increase the odds of Scot making it to the merge, they designed two challenges that would help him. They didn't know at that point if Scot would be in danger or not but they bought him a nice insurance policy.

They had a similar Basketball challenge for Cliff in his season but there I believe they changed the challenge schedule when they heard his tribe wanted to throw the challenge to boot him.

As for Peter, the bottom line is that he wasn't going home when TC started. If Julia hadn't told Aubry about their exchange, if Peter hadn't talked about fractures in the tribe and if Tai and Scot hadn't changed their minds at the last minute, Peter would have made the merger.

03-29-16, 08:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: My List: "
Yeah, I suspected it was a season with returnees. Your verdict on Swan and Skupin doesn’t shock me, but I’m mildly surprised Penner came off as an “idiot.” I guess third time wasn’t a charm for him.

Peter was done. I’m not buying Tai's instruction to Scot was a knee-jerk reaction; but probably calculating on his part. Hey, if Peter wanted to lay content on the hammock prior to tribal with a false sense of security, that suited Tai (and Scot) just fine. It was played right.

Well OK; if you agree with me that challenges are drawn up before the season, I guess I have to make an attempt to see you halfway here:

When challenges are confirmed for a season (a majority of them are recycled at that) and the cast has been selected, Production probably can anticipate some challenges may favor certain castaways. Kind of like the ones involving balance should favor a woman possessing a lower center of gravity. Or challenges involving strength would benefit men (although most strength challenges are in relation to one’s body weight.)

It has been mentioned numerous times an IQ Test is given to each player. So it is not beyond the realm of possibility other tests, i.e., analytical, problem-solving, puzzle making, etc. are also given to applicants during the process when finalizing the cast. If that be the case, with Production’s recent love affair with puzzles, that might supply them with more “insurance policies” than Lloyds of London!

03-29-16, 10:50 PM (EST)
10. "RE: My List: "
In Philipines: It was down to Final 7 and there were 3 original Tandangs including Skupin, 2 Kalabaws including Penner and 2 Matsings. Skupin and Lisa offered Penner a final 3 deal but he told them no. Skupin and Lisa then decided to work with the Matsing players and eliminated Penner and Carter, the other former Kalabaw. It's basic: You never say no when someone offers you a deal...

Thank you for that meeting at halfway! I'm certain the basketball challenge was put on the schedule as soon as casting got the news that Pollard would be on the show. They probably also tweeked the IC to raise the height of the net.

It looks like your ability to read minds is getting better with age. Me, I prefer to listen to what the players say and Scot told us he'd be voting against Julia, Tai told us he'd be voting against Julia and Aubry actually voted against Julia at first. Unless you're saying that her mind was saying Peter but her hand went rogue and wrote Julia instead.

03-30-16, 06:45 AM (EST)
11. "RE: My List: "
If the F7 was the first and only time Penner was approached with a deal and he refused then I would agree with you that he was an “idiot.” Without watching the season (and having no aspiration to do so) it’s impossible for me to know if any other deals came his way. If he had a prior deal with others and did not want to reneg on that deal, it would be more loyalty and integrity than stupidity. If he had other deals on the table, had his pick, and now criticize him for choosing incorrectly knowing who eventually did advance to the F3 that’s playing your quintessential Monday Morning QB. Like I said, don’t have all the details to definitively label Penner an “idiot” nor do I have any desire to watch a non-real season.

It’s not reading minds; it’s watching the episode. At the beginning of the episode Peter tells Tai they need to get rid of Joe. Tai wastes no time to IMMEDIATELY leak the information so it gets back to the Brains. Why?...HE WANTS PETER OUT.
No mind-reading there; just watching the episode.

After the IC loss Peter tells Scot to vote out Aubry. Scot relays the information to Tai and Tai IMMEDIATELY goes and tells Aubry. Why?...HE WANTS PETER OUT.
No mind-reading there; just watching the episode

Joe, Aubry, Peter, and Julia’s names were ALL being tossed around at various times at Gondol’s camp, but the last words between Scot and Tai immediately before they left for TC was Scot teliing Tai, “He will do whatever Tai wants.” That would NOT have been said if both Scot & Tai were dead set on voting Julia out.
No mind-reading there; just opening up my ears and listening to the episode.

And true to form Scot did what Tai thought was best (voting out Peter…what Tai wanted ALL along) when Tai advised him at the best possible moment.

03-30-16, 10:20 AM (EST)
13. "RE: My List: "
Well then you must have have gone to the bathroom or grabbed a beer at the most inopportune time because, watching the episode this is what actually happened:

Tai in confessional: “Aubry didn’t say much at all so I don’t know what she thinking but they got the numbers so why wouldn’t they do anything else than the most obvious thing which is vote out Julia?”

To Scot, Tai said that Julia had to go because it would be a tie.

Scot’s reaction in confessional: “Our original plan was to convince Aubry to come with us and take out Peter but the reality is we don’t know what she is going to do so we may just have to vote out Julia and live to fight another day.”

Sure tai wanted Peter gone but he didn't have the nerves to go for it until Peter sank himself. It's that lack of back bone that made me rate them both as BAD!

03-30-16, 06:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: My List: "
Clearly inopportune or opportune times are purely subjectively here. I completely acknowledge all four players, i.e. Peter, Joe, Aubry, and yes even Julia were seriously considered throughout the episode whether you considered the time inopportune or not.

I can say for certain I was NOT grabbing a beer or dropping a deuce when Scot stated to Tai he would do whatever Tai wanted and felt best to decide. Not something anyone would say if they were absolutely sure on voting Julia.

There were NOT set on Julia and Tai knew what he was doing.

kingfish 18901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-16, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-16 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

Good
Neal. Neal is ‘Good Neal’ because he’s safe from eviction. He makes the merge without being on anybody’s radar. His UTR strategy should get him to F4 or F5, and if he wins a strategic challenge, he could be in the F3.

Julia An endangered beauty, she has a chance of F3 because after Michele is booted, no one will care about the beauties teaming up, so they could layoff of her and concentrate on challenge threats. She is a sunny dispositioned low threat girl who others would think they could out debate at the final TC because she has no claims to fame in regard to making big moves or strategic play.

Also, and this is big, she has the Kingfish Stamp of approval. She seems like a real sweet girl.
This an $15 will get you a Café Grande.

Scot He could very easily be ‘Bad Scot’ because of a tendency for challenge threats to be targeted after the merge. But his partnership with Tai seems to be benefitting him, although I think he’s deluded if he thinks Tai’s HI will be a benefit for him (or Jason’s HI either, for that matter), he is doing a good job of managing his risk. His being an overt challenge threat will do him in eventually, but for now he can be ‘Good Scot’ as a reward for how he’s played after the swap. It was ugly the way he treated Alecia, and he isn’t likely to make it to the end, but he has begun to redeem himself.

Debbie Will call her ‘Good Debbie’ this week. Sh’e still getting a ‘Crazy but Cunning Tony’ edit. And I think the editors enjoyed his season so much that they want that again. However they can only edit the video, make suggestions in confessionals, and rig challenges. They don’t ultimately dictate the outcome. I think that because enough has been made in regard to her being a goat this season that she will probably be F3. She might be capable of winning the final challenge and her edit would suggest that she would take a girl (Julia?) that she is convinced that she could win against in the final voting (again - Julia?).

I’m beginning to think that her F3 destiny is surer than ever.

Tai He’s ‘Good Tai’ this week because he is still this season’s featured player, and is featured in a such a positive way. Everyone should be aware that no one stands a chance against him in the final voting. So he’ll have to earn his F3 seat the hard way. He will win the final challenge to do so, and sit next to Debbie and Julia, and he will win this season. Scot will be long since gone so he won’t be a consideration, and his Golum like seeming lack athleticism will keep him out of his tribemates crosshairs for a while. Maybe until too late.

Boring
Neal. He is ‘Boring Neal’ because he really doesn’t much of a story line.
Cydney Boring. Same as ‘Boring Neal’.
Jason Cocky in his Confessionals, boring at camp. Won’t last unless somehow Tai, Scot, and he control events. Which won’t happen with Debbie around.

Bad
Neal. He is ‘Bad Neal’ because of his lack of story. At this stage in the game whoever wins usually is getting some attention from the editors. Usually this means that he will be a surprise numbers based eviction or he’ll be the victim because of bad luck, i.e. as a Med-evac.

Joe It’s just a matter of time before he becomes expendable. He may be vying (unintentionally) for F3 goat, and he just may make F3 as that, no one would mind sitting next to him then. But there is a lot of other goat potential this season, and the editors aren’t painting him in a very favorable way. When the numbers crunch happens, he’ll be booted.

Also, and this isn’t a iron clad indication of a boot candidate, but usually when a survivor makes claims in confessionals that his real life gives him a leg up in the game (military background, police background, poker background, etc.) they usually get handed the ticket to the Ponderosa. Exceptions include Tony and Vanessa (who almost won BB), but they are exceptions to the rule. It’s almost as if the editors dare them to make statements like that only to show what fools they are. I think Joe is this kind of fool.

Aubry. She was clearly confused about the voting strategy, and her vote for Peter was a bit of a lucky wild guess. She should sit closer next to Scot to get her final instructions. This does not portend well for her, so I’m calling her a ‘Bad Aubry’.

But as a loyal if confused voting ally of Scot and Tai, she could go a few more weeks before her day comes. Actually, she is another that could be F3 because of her lack of game play credentials, and (if Debbie is choosing) because she is a girl. So she might be a future ‘Good Aubry’.

Short Timer
Michele Part good, part Boring, not Bad. Not a huge story, probably not significant enough to make it to F3, but she has confessionals. I think the confessionals only serve to begin to set up her eviction, probably sometime in the next 3 or 4 episodes.

Nick His story is most likely about to reach a coda. Arrogant, the editors aren’t doing him any favors, and other tribe members are murmuring.

Unaware
Peter Michel said it best.

03-28-16, 08:43 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
As always an entertaining read. I believe I counted a total of six castaways in your Final “three”...so you have a sporting chance of nailing it!

Julia had the Aruba “stamp of approval” as early as episode two. What took you so long, Big Guy? And it’ll take more than a Café Grande to wrestle her away from me. LMAO

You are right on with your Tai assessment.

Interesting analysis on Joe. Yes, there have been times when a player focuses on their real life can be a kiss of death. But several times quite the contrary. I can remember more cases than Tony. Brain played up his Used Car Salesman profession to victory in Thailand. Westman made numerous references to his fire fighter background to become the most perfect Survivor winner ever. Mike showed all how his blue collar “nose to the grindstone” work ethnic he mentioned in confessionals all season resulting is a well-deserved and most satisfying championship. I dunno, historically I think it has gone both ways.

03-28-16, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-16 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

So, not going to comment on Neal being "The Good, The Bad, and the Boring"?

Picking multiple winners (or F3ers) is a horse betting strategy.

And you're right about there being more than two exceptions to the Joe rule, although I would be hard pressed to remember that Brian bragged about his car salesmanship talents in that way. You're memory is better than mine, though.

But think about it, in 31 complete seasons there have only been 30 winners (Sandra won twice), and approximately 525 (approx.) losers. So even if there was a winner in every season that claimed his/her real life back ground gave him an advantage or insight that no one else had (and actually, there have only been a few winners like that), there are still a lot more who didn't win.

Phil took up enough of that space for a dozen or so others. Coach? Even in Tony's season, there was that girl cop that he hornswaggled who also claimed to have "cop" skills. And who didn't make it.

Besides, with Joe it seems just so poetic for him to be painted as the fool by the editors in this way that I think that that's what they are doing.

I am, after all, the Editor Whisperer.

As to getting on the Julia boat this late in the game, well, I was blinded by the jiggling side boobage of another. And Liz was also a distraction. And Julia is so young, she's just barely of age. So there was a little natural reluctance. Now however, I feel that the game has sufficiently matured her (judgment call) and, really, she is the best of the lot still competing. So if those bullies try any of their rough stuff on her, they're going to get a nasty Tweet or something equally devastating from me.

03-29-16, 10:49 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
Brian used the skills of a used car salesman but never bragged about it. Who would?! As for the editors, they do love to paint doctors and rocket scientists as dumb players but they have an advantage: The contract that the Survivors sign has a clause that specifically states that they can make them look stupid!

I liked your creative way of looking at Neal, sir Fish, but I think the artistry would have been better served on someone else. Neal was simply boring in this episode. Tai and Scot could have been in both good and bad (I went with bad to balance things out) but they weren't boring. Aubry could have been seen from all three angles.

03-30-16, 10:01 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
I think 'Bad Neal' out weighs the other two Neals.

One thing that comes out in these discussions is that a thing or a qualitative description of or about a Survivor can be legitimately considered in various ways. For instance, I see Neal's lack of story as good for his game because the others aren't targeting him, and usually the upcoming bootee has someone talking up his eviction. So Good for him. One quality point for 'Good Neal'.

But that same thing, facelessness, is undeniably boring. As a viewer who craves non-stop entertainment, I award him 2 quality points as a 'Boring Neal'.

But it could also be seen as bad for his game in that the editors usually tend to have focused more on the eventual winner by this stage of the game, so the less they feature him the less likely he is to be that eventual winner. Or even an F3er. So since this quality at this stage of the game really means he probably won't win or even get to F3, this lack of story to this point gets him 3 quality points, and makes 'Bad Neal' the winner. Yea.

03-30-16, 10:24 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
You know, that approach can be entertaining for someone like Aruba but it could also be called wishy-washy by someone else.

There is only one good in this game and it's playing to win. Neal didn't do anything this week to improve his chances, he simply did nothing so we had Boring Neal.

03-30-16, 12:25 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
Someone else might agree that Good, Bad and Boring (and all the rest of our categories) are subjective judgments, as are the criteria for each. I think this has been amply demonstrated in these discussions.

So I beg to differ. To say that there is only one judgment of what is allowed in order to be classified good (or to be any of the other classifications) is pretty severe and autocratic. And, IMO, narrow minded.

And wishy-washy can be less pejoratively termed broad-minded, not such a bad thing to be.

03-30-16, 02:11 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "

I think I should have explained more what I meant. The players are (mostly) out there to win the game so the ones that are giving themselves a better chance to win are better players.

Now, as observers, we can certainly differ on what makes a better game or who exactly is playing better. I mean, Aruba still calls Tom Mr Perfect which makes me shake my head in disbelief and guess how he reacts when I say that Sandra is excellent at this game!

To say that Neal played well or poorly in the latest episode when we didn't see a thing from him is a stretch...or creative viewing!

03-30-16, 07:36 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
Hey Kingfish, if you want to continue using position in the game as part of your "good" or "bad" criteria, I'm partially with you.

Whatever one's criteria is, when a fellow castaway throws a million dollars away in Pearl Island and chooses to giftwrap the prize to another and when one is handed another million out of default, all the twisting and spinning in the world cannot convince me that's "excellent" gameplay.

03-29-16, 08:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.6 "
I took notice of your repeated placings for Neal...I took that into account when I complimented you on your entertainment value. And you chose an appropriate castaway to entertain us with.

Brian never “bragged” about his profession (actually Westman didn’t “brag” either) but did reference it during the season. It even culminated at FTC when Bitter Betty Helen (vying for the Sue Hawk sore-loser distinction) actually noted his Used Car Salesman profession as the reason he would probably win...which he did.

Assuming your numerology is accurate, the castaways enter the game with a less than 6% change of winning just by sheer probability and statistics. Therefore you could analyze and apply ANY strategy/tactic used throughout the 31 seasons and justify more lost using that approach.

Your “distraction” for coming to the Julia Dance a little late has been noted and is completely understandable. Julia does not possess the abrasiveness of Alecia so I do not anticipate any Scot-like “rough stuff” reaction on her. I stand by my earlier statement that being born with a penis, Scot was destined to end up on the more negative side of that “ugliness” so I was willing to take the wait & see approach to observe any possible trend.

Well, no trend so far...but there’s still much more game to play

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •