The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5780 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-16, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""

Take out your insurance card and hang a fresh Margarita IV, because this is the one you've been hearing about. I told you that Skeeball was dangerous. And would somebody ask Challenge Designer John Kirhoffer to stop by my tent for a few minutes?

The tribes compete in the Reward Challenge for a spice set or salt for your wounds. Can someone look up the definition of the word "reward" again? All I know is that I'm going to be charging CBS for the oxygen, medevac and cocaine. Did I say cocaine? I meant Red Bull. That's it, Red Bull.

Mark "Sandcastles in the sky" Burnett

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Killing Fields of Cambodia kingfish 03-10-16 1
   RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia kingfish 03-10-16 2
       RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia suzzee 03-11-16 4
           RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia kingfish 03-14-16 9
   RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia kingfish 03-10-16 3
   RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia suzzee 03-11-16 5
 RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... Aruba 03-12-16 6
   RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... kingfish 03-12-16 7
       RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... Aruba 03-13-16 8
           RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... kingfish 03-14-16 10
               RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... Aruba 03-14-16 11
                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... kingfish 03-15-16 12
                       Yeah, knock it off :-O suzzee 03-15-16 13
                           Thunder? kingfish 03-16-16 14
                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... Aruba 03-16-16 15
                           RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Si... kingfish 03-17-16 16
                               NO RULES WOOT!!! suzzee 03-17-16 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18845 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-16, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Killing Fields of Cambodia"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-16 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Hello hello hello, once again it is I, your loyal reporter, me, or Bill as I like to call myself (aka ToTangGondolwattleChanLoMan) with the most outrageous yet undeniably dead certain true spoilers that may accidently contain a thread of fact. Your Mega-Spoiler guru, as I like to think of myself. And I do. All the time. Think of myself, I mean. And I also think of my gang of moped mavens, the really really raunchy girl spies from the world famous (hey, we’re on the bulletin board of every post office in the world) Really Really Raunchy Girls Finishing School of Batchelor Party Mayhem and Crotch Shot Ping Pong accuracy.

Dem goils is really sumpin!

Anyway they are still on sabbatical, and their leave has been extended due to the fact that I couldn’t get them back after they tasted the fame and fortune of the Professional Chocolate Pudding Wrestling Circuit. I’m sure they will tire of it, eventually, there are too many type A personalities on the squad for real team work, and it’s beginning to show already in the locker room fighting. At least I think they are fighting. Might be mistaken. They look like they could be fighting.

But I don’t despair, I know they will return to their true avocation, which is slithering thru the jungle in the dead of night and Sex-black-mailing the camera crew to gather their world famous spoilers.

Until then I have to do the slithering and sex-black-mailing myself.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #1 Debbie, Master of the Universe. She devises plans, coordinates activities, engineers escape routes, equips her army, leads them into battle, and executes the target. It was Peter last week, and Caleb this week.

At first she was stumped as to how to get a member of another tribe evicted. No one had ever attempted that, it seemed like an impossible task. But no task is impossible for Debbi, Master of the Universe. I mean, it was difficult, and it did take real guts to even contemplate such a thing.

But Debbie, Master of the Universe, was, as she always is, undaunted by the impossible. She planned, she devised, she invented, (she cooked a three course jungle meal), she engineered, and she didn’t let the naysayers deter her from her objective. She laughed in the face of the impossible. She defined her primary objective to get an opposing player killed or medi-vaced. It was imperative that one of them should go, feet first. Dead'er 'n a doornail, as she phrased it.

Her secondary objective was to get as many of the other opposing players either killed or medi-vaced. During the Reward challenge she set a grueling pace and tossed out taunts carefully crafted (Oh, that Debbie is a careful crafter of taunts. In fact, she actually invented taunting) that were sure to inflame the other tribes and get them to overexert, there, in the hot killing fields of Cambodia.

The hot killing fields of the Khmer Rouge, where the ghosts of millions still restlessly haunt the jungle. Their imploring whispers can be heard wafting thru the trees and crying out for justice. "Debbie, Master of the Universe, avenge me. Avenge meeeeeeeeeee".

Debbie, Master of the Universe always gathers as much intelligence on the enemy as is possible. And she noticed that Caleb was always the most enthusiastic guy in the challenges, always running from the crack of the gun, putting every exertion into trying to help his tribe win, and she knew she could use the hot killing sun of Cambodia to kill him. Or she hoped. Or at least to get him medi-vaced. And if others happen to fall to the wayside also, well so much the better for her. In order to be Debbie the Master of the Universe, you have to be merciless. When she was little, her mother’s pet name for her was “Ming the Merciless”. Cute, eh?

It’s possible that Debbie got the inspiration for her plan from the Khmer Rouge, but whatever, she achieved her first objective, almost achieved her second but fell a little short of her ultimate objective to kill everyone else on Survivor and win by default.

If there was a flaw in her plan, it was that in trying so hard to obtain her objectives by whipping up enthusiasm and creating panic among the other tribes, she failed to take into account that she could give herself heat stroke. Her invincibility wasn’t quite as invincible as the term invincible would seem to indicate. She was Master of the Universe, Debbie the Merciless, but she was not Debbie the Indestructible.

Her plan worked and Caleb, poor Caleb, enthusiastic to a fault and half of a budding island romance, was hauled out in a helicopter. Debbie’s exit plan (for Caleb) worked and her follow-up plan, to lie on the ground and pretend to be exhausted so as to throw the local law enforcement officers off the scent, also worked.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #2 Caleb comes out a a fallen hero, a Martyr. Huh. Never would have guessed it.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #3 Tai is the heartbroken lover.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #4 And now we present to a little island production of the drama, "Be The Brawn"

Be the Alecia: “So why did you want me to stop cheerleading? Why shouldn’t I cheerlead? I even brought my Pom Poms."

Be the Scott: “Because you aren’t on a NBA team, and so you shouldn’t cheerlead.”

Be the Alecia:” I just want us to act alike a team, you know, with team work and all.”

Be the Scot: “You aren’t a world class athlete, Alecia, that’s why we shouldn’t act as a team. Why can’t you see that?”

Be the Cydney: “ZZZZZZZZ” <doing her best slug imitation.>

Be the Jason” I know what it takes to run down a felon, and you don’t, so stop trying to cheerlead. It’s wrong, just all wrong, Alecia”. <Stomp off in a rage at Alecia’s lack of understanding.>

Be the Alecia:” But you were sitting on the edge of the pit while me and Cydney kept digging. We never gave up. Why did you give up? Why shouldn’t I challenge you on that?”

Be the Jason: “Yeah Alecia, you just don’t get it, do you? We’re the guys, we get to lay around camp and in challenges while you women do the digging and the work. Why can’t see that?”

Cydney: “ZZZZZZ”, “Snorkle”, open eyes, “Come again? What did you just say?”

Jason: “Not you Cydney, you’re one of the guys here”.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #5 Next episode will feature the “Big Awakening of Cydney” When she realizes who is on bottom of a three member tribe with two male chauvinist pigs. And who will be doing the camp work and challenge work.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #6 The Brains tribe will hence forth be known as the Brains plus Joe.

"Not the spry FBI newby you once were, are you Joe."

Watching him get thru the obstacle course was painful.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #7 Alecia did her best. The eviction was inevitable, and her tribemates had no class. It was ugly.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #8 Because of her talent for designing challenges to kill Survivors, the EPMB thought about offering Debbie the job of designing the challenges for future Survivor seasons, but because he realized that Debbie might actually be more the Master of the Universe that he was, he decided not to. Professional jealousy.

The Tribal caucuses were held this week. Results are that Tribe has caulked sinuses. It was unanimous.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-10-16, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia"

Hey, you up there. Stop making us look like dumbass chauvinists.

Can't you see that Alecia wasn't on an NBA team, and that she has no right to live, let alone be on a tribe with Jason and me?

suzzee 5929 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-16, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia"
Hey big guy, just don't bury her under our tree, the monkeys fertilize plenty thankyouverymuch.

03-14-16, 03:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia"
We shall scatter her ashes in the charred remains of the 5 hour fire.

03-10-16, 05:28 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia"
Yeah me too. Stop making me look like a meatheaded pig. I resent that and in protest I'm going to stomp off and pound my shoes together.

I know how to find bail skips, and if Alecia doesn't know how to do that she can just shut the hell up and keep digging. And cooking. And why doesn't she sweep up camp once in a while, the place is a mess. None of that dam cheerleading, can't stand that stuff.

And talking around camp, who told her she could do that? Scot, you tell her? No? Well I know I didn't. Talk about doing stuff you don't have any right to do! Alecia you just don't get it, do you?

I don't have to take this anymore. (Stomps off again in rage).

03-11-16, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Killing Fields of Cambodia"
woah, nice use of siggie fodder

Slithering SBM Spoiler #1: Debbie, Master of the Universe, Queen of the Clueless is on our last bit of patience. Not sure how much longer we'll go before we launch an attack from the trees.

I suspect they'll wake up and find a couple of machetes planted in her back. Everyone's a suspect and we'll have a real mystery on our hands. Good thing too because there ain't a whole lot of Survivor going on this season.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #2 Caleb, I would have never believed that he came out of this as someone we LIKE. He and Tai are so cute together. Who knew that could happen.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #5: Cyd, wait until she figures she's the bootee choice for the boys club.

Slithering SBM Spoiler #7: I wonder if Phillip gave Joe a nice recommendation letter to get on the show this season.

Good work To Tang (etc. etc.)! Careful though keeping the grueling pace up will be tough, have an IV on us.

Aruba 2345 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-12-16, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
Let’s all take a step back and focus on the premise of this game. Someone at the end of 39 days will walk away with more money than many Americans will earn in 39 years. So how DARE they have the “audacity” to push these players to the limit for the “paltry” opportunity to become America’s newest millionaire in May.**Apologies for my sarcasm**

Listen, no one wants to witness a serious or fatal mishap; and no one on these Boards bashes Production more than I. But I’ll always be a steadfast believer in the greater the risk, the greater the reward. If you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen...or off the Cambodian beach. I dunno, call me cold and calloused but when the “risk” is the Cambodian beach and the “reward” is a $1,000,000 payday for one of these castaways this season, no apologies should be given (other than for my sarcasm of course.) Ha

It’s a medical fact the ones most susceptible to heat stroke are those older in age. With that said its surprising Joe was not the one evacuated...although from what I saw he didn’t exactly over exert himself. But it would certainly explain Debbie. Also putting one at a higher risk is certain types of medication or drugs, i.e. anabolic steroids or growth hormones.

During my intercollegiate sports days some of my teammates (sorry to say) were doing steroids and performance drugs. Doing wind sprints in 100 degree heat I can tell you as a bona fide indisputable fact the first guys dropping and lining the field with what they ate the past two days were those steroid users. Forget the medical journals, I saw this correlation first hand! HMMMM, rather “coincidental” Caleb and Cydney were the ones most affected here? Yeah, I know...second sarcasm in this post.

Taking a backseat this episode to the Survivor MASH unit crisis was the Alecia mess. And that’s exactly what it was—a MESS. I guess we can start off with the Boogieman (and Boogieman Jr.) aka Scot and Jason respectively. Anytime a 7 foot giant and a bounty hunter tag team a girl skinny enough to fit through the keyhole of a door there’s only one type of portrayal that can come from that scenario. Was it ugly; did we feel a little bad for Alecia? I’m sure most of us would answer Yes and Yes. But she did bring it upon herself? Yes.

Being improperly casted on the Brawn tribe certainly didn’t help her cause, yet Tai has also been improperly casted and he seems to be cruising along. Should Alecia be held accountable for her sad and pathetic effort of merely kicking sand around during the reward challenge forcing her teammates, i.e. Cydney to have to push even extra harder risking the same type of health issue that victimized Caleb? You betcha! But if the Brawn tribe hadn’t sucked so badly in challenges then Alecia COULD be that Cheerleader Scot appropriately labeled her by allowing her to sit out of challenges which is exactly what the Beauty tribe is doing with their girls taking turns sitting out of challenges and “cheering” from the sidelines.

All this being said, at the end of the day Alecia STILL had the opportunity to control her own fate by solving the puzzle and avoiding another last place finish. Bottom line...SHE FAILED...MISERABLY in an attempt to survive in the game. As rotten as Scot/Jason were depicted, they could have been the puzzle solvers and lost purposely forcing a trip to TC resulting in the inevitable boot. Heck, Alecia HERSELF even asked Scot/Jason to switch with her!!!??? They could have taken advantage of that opportunity by stepping up to the puzzle board only to stand there holding their crotches making no attempt to solve the puzzle forcing that date with TC. But they did not—they allowed Alecia to continue and control her fate. In this game (unless you’re a pathetically inept player who needs coattails and/or carrying) you WANT the opportunity to proactively control your own fate. Alecia had that opportunity in the IC and she failed. Thus her game ends.

03-12-16, 11:16 AM (EST)
7. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
They opened the door for criticism by airing a TV show for people to evaluate. And putting people at risk is a valid reason for criticism.

And Alecia begged Scot or Jason to switch with her. Twice. They refused, and laughed at her (per Alecia's RTVW interview).

Her eviction was inevitable. As such they could have shown a little class, instead they chose to berate her. They had nothing to gain but the satisfaction of beating up on someone that they perceived as being weaker than they were.

I have a memory of Scot Pollard in the NBA. He was traded around the NBA when ever a team needed a large body in the post, and I don't believe he was ever a team's first choice even for that. Even at 6'11 he was lucky not to play out his time in the D-League. He has a very nebulous claim to being a world class athelete.

03-13-16, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
Clearly there’s no shortage of valid reasons for which fans/viewers can appropriately criticize those airing the TV show. But putting people at risk be it starvation, dehydration, parasites, infection, broken bones, bodily injury, and (yes even) heat stroke are ALL risks that support the foundation and goal of the game—to win a million dollars after ONLY 39 days. CBS does not hold a gun to any player’s head forcing them to be a castaway and assume these inherent risks for a reward 99.9999% of the rest of us can only dream about.

I don’t follow basketball at all so I would have no idea who Scot Pollard was even if I tripped over his 6’11” frame in the street. Consequently I am unable to comment on his professional career, but I will say he’s on the mark to even suggest comparing your average professional athlete to the bozos normally casted for the show would border between ignorant and asinine.

Being on the bottom of the tribe was a given for Alecia; yet her eviction became “inevitable” ONLY when Brawn lost the IC. That would have been prevented had Alecia stepped up the plate (or more specifically the puzzle board) and prevented another last place finish. So to even entertain the thought of asking for a switch (essentially tossing away her last realistic chance to survive) was the final nail in her coffin. Given that fact if I were Jason or Scot I would have probably laughed as well. In the end I didn’t perceive it as strong vs. weak as much as self-centered vs. a “we” team spirit attitude.

03-14-16, 03:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
"But putting people at risk be it starvation, dehydration, parasites, infection, broken bones, bodily injury, and (yes even) heat stroke are ALL risks that support the foundation and goal of the game—to win a million dollars after ONLY 39 days."

Agree to disagree. Subjecting contestants to an excessive risk of heat stroke is not, IMO, acceptable. It's even legally actionable, signed waivers not withstanding. Negligence isn't waiver able.

Admittedly there is a difference between subjecting the contestants to uncomfortable circumstances and subjecting them to deadly conditions. So, no, heat stroke isn't on the same level as short rations. Survivor walks a fine line, but heat stroke can be deadly or permanently debilitating. I think they can be legitimately criticized that they just had one medic or that the evac helicopter was an hour away.

The Gun to the Head metaphor that you reference is apt. If they were to actually put a gun to a contestants head and tell them the challenge is Russian Roulette, and they shot and killed themselves, they would not be able to present a signed waiver and expect to avoid conviction of aiding and abetting some degree of murder. And the fact that a Mill was also a possible outcome would have little bearing on that.

And of course the eviction of Alecia was inevitable only if her tribe went to TC. I had hoped that that didn't need to be explained. In one of her interviews she did say that she asked for one of the guys to switch out. Twice. And they turned their backs on her, making their trip to TC highly likely. She thought they were passively throwing the challenge. Whatever other perception you may have of it, that was a cowardly and not so smart move. It would not have hurt them if they had won that challenge and Brawn not gone to TC, it was just spiteful.

03-14-16, 07:55 PM (EST)
11. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
Parasites and infections can be "deadly and permanently debilitating" as well.

My "Gun to the Head" statement WAS indeed a metaphor because the objective to Survivor is to win a million dollars. Russian Roulette is NOT a metaphor because the objective is NOT to blow your brains out. In Survivor there's an OVERWHELMING likelihood no one will die. In Russian Roulette there's an OVERWHELMING likelihood someone WILL die. Apples to oranges.

Before Alecia begged for a switch out, one of the guys (I don't recall who) flat out asked her if she wanted to be replaced. SHE was the one who turned her back on them and turned to Cydney instead telling her to "stay focused."

I disagree eliminating Alecia was "not a smart move." Had Brawn won and not gone to TC it could have most definitely hurt Jason (and Scot) because of the HII. With Alecia gone the likelihood of the HII remaining a secret increases drastically.

03-15-16, 10:22 AM (EST)
12. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
You're right, yours was a metaphor, and mine was an example. A useful example. Still, you seem to be arguing that it's ok to put survivors in mortal danger for a million dollars, and I do not.

But let's take this to your thread. Rolly's "Be the Survivor" isn't traditionally a debate thread as yours is, it's a joking around thread. It isn't right of us to hijack a thread with serious debate.

There's plenty of humor to support this thread, and plenty of points to debate to support your thread.

03-15-16, 01:40 PM (EST)
13. "Yeah, knock it off :-O"
You're stealing my thunder.

On the other hand the steroid use comment was interesting.

03-16-16, 11:34 AM (EST)
14. "Thunder?"
I thought I was hearing/smelling farting in unison.

But, you know, it could be thunder and dead fish on the beach.

(OK, kids love my fart jokes. They invented Rolling On The Floor Laughing when they heard fart jokes).

03-16-16, 07:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
My thread for ranking/placing is more for INDIVIDUAL assessments that involve a more thought provoked effort on my part. Postings on the “Be The Survivor” thread were more of an off the cuff or spur of the moment pieces of my mind assessments about overall occurrences in the episode. I was incorporating some of my own satire/sarcasm as Kingfish does is his postings on this thread.

Any follow up posts I made AFTER my initial post were merely reactive to posts that contradicted my original assessments. All that being said I have no problem staying within the Good, Bad, Boring thread.

PS (suzzee)
My steroid use comment although interesting to some has much merit from a personal standpoint. It’s good that Caleb made a full recovery, but one of my former teammates was not so “lucky” succumbing fatally as a result of the effects of his use.

03-17-16, 08:54 AM (EST)
16. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S32 Ep04: "Signed, Sealed and Deductibles""
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-16 AT 08:56 AM (EST)

I understand. But I found myself (and you) arguing points the other had made seriously, instead of making fun of the survivors. It just felt like the tread had been hijacked.

But there are no rules beyond being civil, no reason why you shouldn't post what you feel like posting.

03-17-16, 10:49 AM (EST)
17. "NO RULES WOOT!!!"
I will post drunken cat porn.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •