The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-05-16, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
My favorite episode thus far; indicative of the number in my “Good” category this week.

GOOD

DEBBIE – GRRRR! In a Love/Loathe list no way she’d be ranked this high. Simply put, the woman is a complete mess. But that being said, she dominated the episode being the most influential force in orchestrating this week’s boot. She has Joe riding her coattails. Toss in the fact even her targeted victim this week stated publically it would be “stupid” to get rid of Debbie. Put it all together and given the Good/Bad/Boring format, I have little choice but to place her this high. UGH!!!

TAI – He kept on searching harder than any of his tribemates and was justly rewarded with a HII. I wouldn’t be surprised if his continued perseverance results in another find for “Super Idol” power. Good things should come to those who proactively play hard and search hard. I wanted to place him first, but the way he was weeping like a little sissy boy over the mercy killing of the chicken prevented me from doing so.

NEAL – With Deb and Aubrey both wanting to work with him that’s a good sign. Under the old Love/Loathe format I might have considered him #1 this week because I thought it was a break through episode for Neal. Michel is right—dude needs to lose the bowtie, but I have no problem with his ice cream pants showing well-earned pride in his self-made status and having a “real” job...something about two-thirds of the Bozos casted by Production clearly lack.

CALEB – He’s in like Flynn with the female Beauties. That should get him to the merge; at which point he becomes an odds on favorite for an IC run. Yes, the ADS is a viable threat, but he’s still in very good position.

ALECIA – Not as strong an episode but good enough to stay good. She was not given the free reign in the Brawn tribe Tai got with the Beauties to search for the HII so can’t fault her for her inability to outmuscle Jason for the idol. She needs to pucker up and give Cydney a big sloppy kiss for inching out Debbie at the challenge. She was literally three seconds away from a trip to the Ponderosa.

The next three I struggled to include as “Good,” but at the end of the day I didn’t want to place them as “Bad” or “Boring” either.

SCOT – Although not well-received by Alecia, it was still good of him to approach her with the truth immediately after TC. Also props for the makeshift tool to release the same type of key that Tai slipped some tongue during his search. Trusting Jason may be risky, but it’s not like he has a bumper crop of prospects to choose from.

CYDNEY – I can understand others giving her a “bad” status for ratting out two tribe mates already. But she’s doing so to stay true to her original game plan to bond with the strong. And if those she ratted out never make the Jury—Big Whoop!

JULIA – OK, so maybe she doesn’t deserve “Good” this week but she is my “crush” for the season. Not that it was ultimately a difference maker, but kudos for her challenge performance whipping through her turn in the final part like nobody’s business.

BAD

JASON – Granted not as disgraceful as the pathetic piece of trash N’Oinka strongarming a one-legged girl, but Jason’s approach to swiping the idol from Alecia was pretty bad in itself. I predict it’ll be smoked out the first TC post switch/merge so do not see it as a game changer for Jason.

NICK – If the Beauty tribe has a future date with TC, he’ll need every bit of his “fake smile” to hide the realization of watching his torch snuffed.

PETER – Deserves to be here just for his sheer arrogance...even though Liz placing her hand on your leg during TC can’t be ALL that bad.

JOE – I guess every man has his price—but is a one in 15 shot at a million worth being Debbie’s bitch??

ANNA – Yeah, I know it was Anna who drew Caleb into the giftwrapped all-girl Beauty alliance, but I must repeat Kingfish’s sentiment from last week—"so BAD. Very, very BAD". We should have been treated to Anna lying on the raft in the ocean with her pushed up boobies instead of watching a 72-year old man on the raft attempting alternating ab crunching exercises. So BAD. Very, very BAD.

BORING

MICHELE – Now I’m beginning to understand why there was no feature story article about Michele in my hometown newspaper prior to the airing of this season.

AUBREY - *Yawn* BOOOORING! Debbie’s starting to look more appealing...OK, that was a cheap shot.

BOOTED) LIZ – Numbers didn’t do her in??? And she lists gambling for profit as one of her hobbies? Well we know Anna is a professional poker player. So which one do you think would contribute to a higher profit margin—Liz’s numbers skill or Anna’s boobies. Personally I do NOT gamble for profit, but if I did (based on what we’ve seen/heard) my money would be on Anna’s boobies.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... michel2 03-05-16 1
   RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... Aruba 03-06-16 2
       RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... michel2 03-06-16 5
           RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... Aruba 03-07-16 7
   RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... Aruba 03-06-16 3
       1.618 michel2 03-06-16 4
           RE: 1.618 Aruba 03-07-16 6
               RE: 1.618 michel2 03-07-16 9
 RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... kingfish 03-07-16 8
   RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... michel2 03-07-16 10
       RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... kingfish 03-07-16 11
           RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... Aruba 03-07-16 12
           RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... michel2 03-07-16 13
               RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... Aruba 03-08-16 14
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... kingfish 03-08-16 15
                       RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... Aruba 03-08-16 16
                       RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... michel2 03-08-16 17
                           RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... Aruba 03-09-16 18
                           RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring E... kingfish 03-09-16 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 1427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-05-16, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
Aruba, if you feel more confortable with the old Love/loathe format, go right ahead and change back to it. It was just a suggestion because, for me, there isn't as much difference.

The Good

1- Neal: Despite the fact that Debbie was the catalyst and Liz the victim, Tribal Council was edited as a showdown between Peter and Neal. It started when Neal said they could all be thinking they are the smartest person present and it continued all the way to Peter’s eagerness to get to the vote. That showdown between Neal and Peter was a great moment. It had humor, it revealed the players’ personality and their truths, we had eye rolls and surprising comments and we still had enough strategy to satisfy the “new school” viewers. I really like the guy with the ice cream pants and the bow tie and he was presented as the smartest player in the room. We saw him catching a clam for his tribe and we heard Liz saying that the smart guy could be very dangerous down the road so I'm keeping my eyes on him.

2- Anna: : In terms of strategic content, Anna is the leader of the female alliance. As soon as Michelle mentioned the female alliance, we saw Anna and Julia bonding more closely so that gives them an advantage on Michelle. Anna saw through Nick’s fake smile and she got Caleb on board, so she is taking charge.

3- Debbie: The confessional in four tomes that she gave in the first half of the episode was simply marvelous. It revealed her modus operandi, her immediate targets, her resources and finally her long term plan. That was all great but Debbie looks like the kind of player that shines more on screen than on the island. She wants to fly under the radar so much that I doubt people will believe it was her moves. While Peter and Liz were wrong to say that she had no game, Jeff wasn’t proven wrong when he talked about her odd-ball behavior making her a good pawn. For all her strategic talk, Debbie still said that emotions were a waste of time and energy but Jeff said that emotional intelligence was the key.

4- Tai: : I’d say Tai is about 5’4” which is equivalent to 1.62 meters and that is the golden number rounded off to two decimals!! And what golden number he’s turned out to be for this show. First, I must admit that climbing the tree and risking life and limb was mostly his fault. I blamed production a little too harshly when I said they were risking someone’s game by forcing them to climb that tree. Still, it would have been wiser to bury the key somewhere. Tai has enough emotional intelligence to know that his tribe mates like him but that they wouldn’t simply give him the million so the need to get the idol was real. He still doesn’t have a solid alliance and it would be doubtful to see him steering any alliance to his advantage.

5- Michelle: Is she only a number in the Beauty tribe or will she show her strategic acumen later on? For some characters, every now and then, it’s kind of hard to tell but her chances are still alive and well. She seems well liked in the tribe and she has been very relaxed and easy going, a good way to attract allies.

6- Caleb: He seems to be content to be the women’s alliance muscle. It’s certainly good to know that you’re not the next on the chopping block but he was told that the women are solid yet he joined that solid block of three players, leaving him very little room to maneuver. Of course, he could win the final immunity if it ever comes down to that but the trio would have a much easier job of recruiting another woman to get rid of him before Final 4 than he would have to break up the trio. It seems that Caleb’s story is mostly for entertainment value instead of its strategic possibilities.

7- Alecia: : It really would be fun to see Alecia get some revenge on the two big guys for all the abuse she received. With Jason finding the idol, she is in an even more difficult situation but she has one big advantage: She knows he has the idol. That information could be used as leverage with members of other tribes. Will she be smart enough to gain allies or will the others simply decide to split the votes between her and Jason?

8- Julia: Yes she is cute so I'll put her here to make Aruba happy but she'd clearly be in the boring division if she hadn't been wearing those knee high socks and didn't have that great smile. As for playing Survivor, who knows?

The Bad

1- Jason: Should he have been disqualified for pushing Alecia into a tree to get the key? Should he have been forced to surrender that key to her? It doesn’t really matter now but it still shows us a street bully ready to do anything to get what he wants. It does fit with his bounty hunter mentality but it won’t fit in this social game. He’s been able to gain Scot and Cydney’s trust which was vital but that was more like a forced move for them. Scot had to bond with the other strong guy if he didn’t want to be everyone else’s personal shield while Cydney faced a “fait accompli”: With Jason, Scot and Jennifer already aligned, she had to join or be faced with a possible early elimination. When Jason goes into a swap or the merger, the other players will have more choices and Alecia could warn them about this villain and his idol. An advantage can quickly turn into a disadvantage in this particular game.

2- Peter: The episode showed us a very despicable character. It’s funny because we’ve had many fan favorites that claimed to be smarter than everybody else, Mariano and Hantz immediately coming to mind, but I’m sure no one will cry over Peter’s downfall. What are the differences? We never really connected with Peter because he had limited airtime before this week. Then, we were shown that he was completely out of the loop. The viewers are more accepting of the overly confident players when we follow their plan from the onset and we see that they are succeeding. This implies that the end justifies the means and that it’s fun to laugh at losers when we are shown they deserve their fall. Will Peter cause trouble for the rest of the Brains tribe? Debbie said he’d need only a split second to cut someone’s throat and he has now been given three days so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get one Brain tribe member out after a swap but this arrogant guy should fall short.

3- Cydney: What a great ally to have! Last week she snitched on Jennifer, telling the guys about her plan and now we saw her informing Jason and Scot about Alecia’s discovery. Yes, she had to tell Jason something after she realized he saw them but did she have to open up like that? She could have kept some vital information secret, saying that Alecia found a clue to the idol and that she would be searching for it somewhere in the ocean. That would have given Cydney time to get the idol herself. Instead Jason simply had to look at her and she had the resistance of a sponge being squeezed dry.

4- Nick: His confessional about being called a robot and hearing him say that you don’t need emotions out there could have been a reminder of Brian’s “Mr. Freeze” persona. Unfortunately, Nick’s confessional was heard during an episode where we heard Jeff’s final words about "Emotional Intelligence." It was even worse when we heard him say: “...you just seem to look like you have emotions” right before the editors presented Anna’s comment about his “fake smile”. He should have tried harder to connect with his tribe instead of dismissing it as "animals eat animals." At least he's not Peter!

The Boring

1- Joe I'm starting to think that America would have been safer if Debbie had been a membe rof the FBI instead of Joe. I guess his stay on the bureau trained him to be a good soldier and he'll follow orders.

2- Scot: Much like his role in Basketball, Scot is there to help the team’s “star”. He thinks Jason will use the idol for him if he needs it but I seriously doubt that the bounty hunter will share his paycheck. idols have turned many players into Gollums.

3- Aubry: Seeing her with leaves on her head made me think that she was taking root on the island. I mean in the sense of being about as active as a plant instead of establishing herself! Her earlier episode of exhaustion seems to have taught her to stay quietly out of the action. Even when Debbie approached her, it was only to learn more about Neal. It was as if Debbie knew that Aubry was in her pocket.

Booted - Liz: Like Peter, she had gloriously arrogant confessionals showing that she was totally unaware of the game being played around her. The revote sending her packing had a very anti-climactic feel because I think most viewers would have prefered to see Peter's torch get snuffed.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-06-16, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
I say we give this format a whirl for the rest of the season. It’s a good suggestion I’m kinda warming up to it. I find a couple players each week who don’t exactly qualify for any of the three categories, but overall I’m cool with the change of pace.

Thanks for thinking of me when placing Julia. I’ll repay the favor and not be too harsh on Anna. Although when assessing Caleb you acknowledge that Anna brought Caleb into a SOLID alliance. Something I picked up on Wednesday (that you also noted in your ranking under Caleb) is Anna pretty much letting Caleb know the girls were in a tight alliance. That could come back to haunt her. When she approached Caleb it should have been more of a one-on-one with “Hey, let’s bring in Michele/Julia” later on. If your statement that Caleb’s game is more for entertainment instead of strategy proves prophetic, then Anna may have dodged a bullet.

The advantage/leverage Alecia has knowing Jason/Scot possess the idol is key. Which is why I was mildly surprised Brawn did not purposely lose the challenge. I’ve never been a big advocate of that tactic and I guess the prospect of making a third trip to TC is not inviting; but to eliminate Alecia so the secret would remain with just that trio would not have been the worst of scenarios.

"I'm starting to think that America would have been safer if Debbie had been a member of the FBI instead of Joe."

WHOAAAA NELLIE…let’s not get crazy here!!!
I might take my chances with Debbie pouring me a glass of water at Red Lobster, but NO WAY I would want her anywhere near the Bureau.

I hear what you say about Cydney and the prospect of perhaps finding the idol on her own, i.e. Tai. But I dunno; I do not believe the dynamics of the Brawn tribe fresh from back-to-back dates with TC would have allowed any one individual to successfully possess the idol on their own. Unlike the happy-go-lucky Beauty tribe who probably needs to be reminded every challenge there actually IS a Tribal Council in the game.

I wouldn’t say Liz was “totally unaware of the game played around her.” I believe she (and every Brain castaway for that matter) was keenly aware a 2-2-2 initial vote was not only a possibility but pretty much a given. Although I do think she was shocked it was her and not Peter victimized by the “numbers” of the revote.

Can’t speak for most viewers, but THIS viewer would have preferred to see Aubrey’s torch snuffed. I believe both Peter and Liz had potential to offer much proactive gameplay going forward, unlike Aubrey who I see more as a reactive follower. The reason Liz’s boot from the revote was anti-climactic was because so much focus was put on Debbie gunning for Liz throughout the episode. It was funny to hear Debbie say emotions are a waste of time because in the end that was her primary driving force for targeting Liz. I truly believe deep down she sees Peter as a more dangerous future threat in the game, but ultimately it was more her emotional decision to eliminate the “Prima Donna” that sent Liz packing.

03-06-16, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
After all these years, we are starting to think along the same lines...at times!

This is what I wrote about Anna's deal with Caleb in my transcript of the episode: "Anna’s approach worked with Caleb but I wouldn’t recommend it. It isn’t really smart to tell someone just how tight you are with two other players and that you want to add him to their numbers. Had she approached me, I would have agreed of course but my confessional would have sounded something like: “I’m glad Anna wants to include me in her alliance but she just told me her loyalty is with the other girls. As soon as I don’t need them, I will break up that trio.” If she had been talking to a smarter player, Anna should have made a much more personal deal, saying she wanted to work with Caleb first, then adding that they could include the other girls."

When i made the comment about Debbie in the FBI, I want to reassure you by saying I was thinking of a desk job for her, not sending her in the field! Imagine her gathering intel and acting on it with the same purpose we just saw and maybe it would have saved the Bureau from some scandalous episodes of inactions. Joe is the muscle you want to send into the field but Debbie is better at the intelligence gathering process.

Personally, I think Debbie said the line about emotions being a waste of time to blow sunshine up Peter's arse. Liz and Peter were playing like robots so, to appear to be on board, Debbie fed them the perfect BS.

I think most viewers would have cheered if Peter had been sent packing. As you see, I'm not high on Aubry but she wasn't really the target so I wasn't thinking about seeing her torch snuffed.

03-07-16, 07:31 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
I’m thinking the new format has something to do with our similar placing of players and thinking along the same lines when assessing them.

Ok, we’ll keep Debbie in the office. She could file papers and make coffee. Wait a minute...on second thought let’s not have her pouring any water into the coffee maker!

03-06-16, 11:25 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-16 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

I decided on a separate post to request an explanation on Tai.

I don't have the foggiest idea what the 1.62 off a couple decimals from being "golden" is all about???

Not sure the two decimals off are tenths (making the "golden" number 1.42 or 1.82) or hundredths (making the "golden" number 1.60 or 1.64.) Even if you give me the right number I'm STILL clueless.

There's good reason he's still not in a solid alliance. Yeah we can talk about getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar looking for the idol. But the real truth of the matter is Tai was improperly casted as a "Beauty." Sure the girls pitched the idea of bringing in Tai...around the same time they also proposed bringing in Caleb because of the loyalty he showed on BB. There's absolutely NOOOO doubt in my mind Caleb was their first choice all along. Tai getting caught put the final confirmation on what I believe they intended all along.

Heading into Ep. 4 with an idol in hand darn near guarantees Tai makes it to the tribal switch. If he happens to be grouped with the Brains (where he should have been casted to begin with) he would be 1.42 or 1.82 or 1.60 or 1.64 aka "golden" and I think we'll see him in a solid alliance.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if he bonds with Peter drawing immediately comparisons to Earl/Yau Man...Rush Hour II?

03-06-16, 12:59 PM (EST)
4. "1.618"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-16 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

The golden number (or golden ratio) has a history going all the way back to the Greek. It was used in architecture and sculptures as the ideal proportion.

Here's all the info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

As for comparing Peter to Earl, I have to strongly disagree. For me, Earl is one of the best players the game ever saw. You will not agree on that but maybe you will agree that he had great emotional awareness and a terrific social game. Everyone went to Earl for advice or to work with him. Peter is a dismal player.

03-07-16, 07:28 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 1.618"
I’ve never heard of the “Golden Ratio.” So were talking two thousandths of a decimal point. Thanks for the info.

I was only making a “Rush Hour” comparison at this time. It would be silly to make a complete comparison after only Ep. 3. You’re right, I do not regard Earl as “one of the best ever.” Mostly because if I were to rank all the Survivor seasons, Fiji would be dead last. Earl also benefitted TREMENDOUSLY by the racial divide that further plagued that season.

Whereas it would be an understatement that Peter clearly lacks humility, personally I think it’s too early in the game to definitively label him as a “dismal player.”

03-07-16, 11:37 AM (EST)
9. "RE: 1.618"
For your info: I wrote "rounded to 2 decimals".

http://www.mathsisfun.com/rounding-numbers.html

Fiji was an amazingly funny season and Earl an expert at the social game.

kingfish 18816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-16, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-16 AT 10:05 AM (EST)

Good:

Tai. No Brainer. Life of the party, makes "Survivor" this season worth watching.

Caleb Maturity level increasing, and is in a good position with tribe.

Jason. I hate this, but he's not boring (irritating, but not boring), and he's in a good position since Alecia would be the obvious target if they go to TC. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd like to see him crying like a little baby after being backdoored. Oh Well.

Scot. More boring than good, although could be in either category. He bores me, but he's on a tribe with Alecia which automatically means he's probably not going to be booted till after the first merge.

Cydney Same as Scot and Jason. She's on a tribe with Alecia, so she's in good shape for now. I think her strategy of ratting out people who confide in her might hasten her end, though. In a game with type A personality sharks, she will be chum.

Anna. Looks like she's in a pretty good position. her FTR strategy isn't so bad for this stage of the game.

Boring:

Michele I'd like to put her in "Good", but she's not there yet. Also not "Bad, so here she is, in Boring.

Julia. No Story. Cute as a bug, and probably not in any danger right now. But no story.

Neal. No Story. Boring.

Aubry No Story. Boring.

Bad:

Debbie. Still in Bad. Still an irritant and in a two person alliance with Joe, in a five person tribe. 2 to 3, if the 3 can organize. Precarious position. Peter may be inclined to keep her, but with having had his hand slapped last week, he won't object to her going. Anyone but him.

Joe.Same as Debbie, but not quite so much in danger. Also, Peter would be less inclined to keep him than Debbie. Precarious.

Peter. After alliance mate Liz is backdoored, he is also meeker (or should be) and in a precarious position as a secondary target for Joe and Debbie after Liz's elimination.

Alecia. Definitely in a bad position if Brawn goes to TC. This was the token "Dumb Blond" this season.

Nick Gut feel, but I think he's in danger if Beauty goes to TC. There seems to be a subtle distrust toward him.

The Golden Ratio is a mathematical term comparing the whole to the parts.

03-07-16, 11:43 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
That is quite a different order. Scot and Cydney are in the Good because of their placement in the tribe but not Michelle, Julia, Debbie, Neal and Aubry???? What have Scot and Cyd done besides giving in to Jason?

03-07-16, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
Scot and Cydney are on Alecia's tribe. I don't think anyone can deny that if Brawn goes to TC before the first merger, that Alecia is still the target on that tribe. Therefore her tribemates are in a good position. Besides, giving in to Jason is another way of saying that they have allied with him, making them a three member alliance on a four person tribe. Which is "Good" for them. Should be obvious.

They aren't on Michelle's, Julia's, Debbie, Neal's or Aubry's team. Not comparable - apples and oranges.

Debbie is still (IMO) a possible target, therefore in a bad position.

Michelle, Julia, Neal and Aubry really have no story (Aubry had the anxiety story in episode 1, but that was temporary), but haven't made themselves to be obvious targets either. Neither "Good" nor "Bad", thus "Boring" by default.

03-07-16, 09:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
Anyone not named Alecia, Peter, or Nick is in "Good" position. All three are pretty much dead meat if their respective tribes are sitting at the next TC.

I don't see Debbie in any danger at all. She's got Joe under her thumb and has bonded with Aubrey both wanting to work with Neal. Even Peter wants her for goat material.

I think this was a good episode for Neal. The fact BOTH Debbie and Aubrey want to align with him is very good. I may be wrong but when he fetched the clam I believe it was the second time we saw him retrieving something edible from the ocean showing a provider role. And I agree with Michel that a big part of TC was a Peter vs. Neal showdown with Neal coming out as the clear winner.

If you take the first three episodes together, Tai has been the obvious star thus far; but for Ep. 3 I think this was a breakthrough week for Neal.

03-07-16, 10:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
I think our difference comes from the scope of our rankings. You seem to be using a short term approach while I'm looking at the long range. Peter, Artis and Abi Maria were in good positions on Tandang but they were still horrible players as we saw when confronted by other, better players.

Scot and Jason aren't in immediate danger but come a swap, their lack of social game will mean quick exits.

As for Neal you may say he's boring but he was a vital part of one of the best TC showdowns we've ever had.

03-08-16, 07:32 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
I can see where Kingfish is coming from by focusing primarily on the present and ranking/naming players based on the most recent episode.

Determining status come the swap can be a tricky proposition because for several castaways it inevitably may come down to the luck of the draw.

Actually the ranking after the swap episode is when Aruba names the recipient(s) for the most awaited Annual Dumba$$ Luck Awards!

03-08-16, 10:35 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
I kinda picked up that we were looking at the classifications differently. Makes for conversation when you two try and argue that you aren't wrong. Which, of course, is wrong. Should be obvious.

But seriously, judging based on the castaways tribal to-date positions (which I try to do, not just based on the preceding week) allows more changeability in the judgments, and an evolving view of how they are doing without undue comment on how they might change. Or who will win. Just who is in danger in the immediate future.

This is probably why I am usually wrong. The editors like to lead people like me around by the nose ring. But at least I know the definitive definition of terms like scapegoat, so I can say I helped.

But it matters how things have changed in the preceding week, and how circumstances are evolving week to week. I mean, while the long term judgments will also tend to edge up or down, generally they can get rutted after the first few weeks.

Michel writes in the editing post which requires a longer perspective, so naturally he looks at and writes here with that mindset. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, you know, with those long winters and all. A "Someday, I just know that spring will come, maybe by June" thing?

And based her to-date performance, Alecia, if she survives to the first merge, is the leading candidate for your Annual "Dumba$$ Luck" Award.

FTR, I rate Debbie as being in danger because she's in a five member tribe with only one semi-dependable ally now that Peter has had his hand slapped and should be in more of a desperate survival mode. Admittedly, Peter should be seen as being more in danger, but convincing Aubry and Neal to team up with him to vote out the obnoxious crazy lady with evil intent shouldn't be too hard to do.

Neal didn't do anything. He was just the third vote in a situation not of his making. He could have voted either way and not helped or hurt his own position.

03-08-16, 08:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
I'm with you by putting the primary focus on the episode that just ended. That's kinda the reason why the episode number always appears in the subject line for each ranking.

Yes, Michel incorporates the James Joyce "Stream of Consciousness" in his assessments whereas I employ the more "shoot from the hip" and tell it like it is mindset. That (among a "few" other things) is the root of our differences. Not sure it's a Canadian long winters thing as much as a French Nostradamus thing. LOL. GEEZ, out poor buddy's taking quite the beating here.

When you say Neal could have voted either way on the revote and not helped nor hurt his position...had he stuck with voting Peter for the revote even though Liz is still sent packing don't you think it would have thickened the tension between them going back to camp right after TC? I think by smartly voting Liz to make it unanimous on the revote it may have tempered the heat of their TC showdown just a little. I don't know...just saying.

03-08-16, 10:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-16 AT 11:01 PM (EST)

Just to let you know, it's pretty spring like weather here already this week. I think we've had less snow this winter than on most of the East coast.

As for Nostradamus, I don't believe in any type of divination. The thing is though that Survivor happens in the past and the editors already know who is the Sole Survivor. They leave hints throughout the season and that's what I try to discover.

03-09-16, 07:22 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-16 AT 08:05 AM (EST)

Well that's what Nostradamus "Scholars" do...they wait for events that already happened in the past then try to back into and attempt to discover predictions from his silly quatrains.

03-09-16, 12:41 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Kaoh Rong: Good, Bad, Boring Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-16 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Global warming is great for Canadians, Russians, Danes, Finns, etc. Burn that coal, burn that oil!

I was kinda proud of that irrational reference. It almost sounds like a profound observation.

And I applaud your perspective. Because it happened in the past, and because the editing does drop hints as well as false hints and red herrings, the game becomes a Sherlock Holmes worthy mystery.

It's because you are so good at that that I have to take a different tack. A somewhat lower brow tack, but at least it hopefully adds variety and provides contrast as well as points for discussion.

Now, discuss amongst yourselves...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •