The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-27-16, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
I’ve got a little time to kill right now, so I’ll kick start the List this week.

Not as many “distractions” this time around. I guess because Anna (and her boobies) went into hibernation this episode. So now Aruba may get the placings correct after the Challenge and Michel may realize Boston is not located in the North”west” territory. Hey, tit for tat...all’s fair in love and war...and Message Board Forums.

GOOD

ALECIA – The star of week #2. She may have the brain of a bird; but exhibited the determination of a bull when her perseverance paid off providing much needed fire for her tribe. For someone clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer, she knew enough to NOT cause a spectacle at TC and survives another three days. In desperate need of a Brawn win in the worst way.

CALEB – Last week Darnell and Alecia punched Day-Six tickets for 12 lucky castaways during the challenge. Not the case this week. The tribes who won earned the victories and were not the beneficiaries of the last place team’s ineptness. And no one shined better than Caleb from the way he broke away from the pack during the first leg to overcoming the learning curve better than the others during the final part. He also gets points for entertainment value as one-half of a budding Survivor Showmance.

TAI – And now for the other half. Solidifies his place as the entertaining character of the season. The man is proactive and has searched hard so no surprise he’s the one who found the clues for Survivor’s version of National Treasure. Alecia’s determination can only be rivaled by Tai’s efforts to retrieve the idol. Although he came up short in the end, it’s enough to stay in the Good section.

PETER – Jeff said there’s a learning curve to knocking down those targets and Peter learned enough to keep his team from TC. Contemplating keeping “Cat Woman” around as the perfect goat proves his mind is very much into the game.

JULIA/MICHELE – I’ll group both of them together this week. Both on the Beauty tribe; both still solid in an alliance (thanks to the growing disparity of the casted Beauty men;) and both probably share the same brain. Considered dropping both to Boring if not for both giving similar lighthearted and humorous narratives about the Tai/Caleb showmance. So I’ll keep them in Good for the time being.

BAD

DEBBIE – There should be a “Worst” category just for her. If other castaways decide to endorse the “Perfect Goat” approach, she may unfortunately stick around a while. If there’s any truth to her claim that women with big boobs shouldn’t run, then why was she sitting out of the challenge??

LIZ – Let’s pluck another petunia or pansy from the Survivor garden. Geez Louise!!! And please don’t shovel me any crap about her North(west)East upbringing, the lack of cooling winds at her camp, some strange tropical virus contained in just the Brain camp...Yadda, Yadda, Yadda...Blah, Blah, Blah.

JASON – Gives kick-A$$ confessionals, but a horrible episode for him. Sure didn’t take much to even entertain the notion for him to say they may go down as the worst tribe ever. If Bounty Hunters have that same defeatist attitude after early setbacks, no wonder there’s so many repeat offenders. Lying around while the Ostrich Lady devoted hours to starting a fire is beyond bad; tossing your dead sunburned skin in a pot for Ostrich Lady to eat is beyond inexcusable.

SCOT – Only fair to include Jason’s sleep mate here as well. Being the worst of the three to solve the learning curve in the challenge did him no additional favors. I don’t watch basketball, but as an “NBA Champion” he must have been carried by his teammates.

JOE – I guess Joe’s taking the rap for losing the fuel. Reminds me of BvW II Missy took the blame for cooking all the rice early when really EVERYONE on that tribe should have been accountable for the stupidity. But wasting precious matches attempting to strike them when they’re damp was all on him. Joe and Deb need to know the greatest divide in Reality TV had already put one foot in their graves without even doing anything. He’s going out of his way to place his other foot in the ditch of doom.

BORING

NICK – I suppose it didn’t take Production long to get tired of his overinflated ego. He goes from most entertaining narrator to where the heck did he go?

ANNA – Whereas I can understand Nick’s narcissism getting old fast, I would not expect the same from the Producers pertaining to Anna’s boobies. One more boring episode and she may have to lose her bra.

NEAL – His role in the game is melting faster than a bowl of ice cream left on the counter in his shop. What a minute…let me check his location. Ok, he’s from California so the analogy is valid. If he hailed from the same area as Aubrey or Liz it might not apply. *snort*

AUBREY – At the risk of “diagnosing from thousands of miles away” I’m guessing Liz caught what Aubrey had last week. Translation for Aubrey this episode—BORING.

CYDNEY – Toughest one to place. I want to list her as Bad because she’s provided little to nothing thus far. On the other hand I feel she was going into Tribal already knowing she would be the swing vote for Jennifer even before Jenn stood on her “soapbox” and self-destructed at TC. My indecisiveness will keep her here.

BOOTED) JENNIFER – When quizzing her female tribemates as to a most common aspect of the game and referencing the dreaded Anti-Darwin Syndrome, as a reaction to all the doubters, I wanted to leap into the TV screen and plant a wet one on her scab-crusted face! Well, not exactly...but you get the idea. Problem is when you play the ADS card on a tribe of five where three consist of a Bounty Hunter, a 6’11” NBA player, and a bodybuilder, well that’s like wanting to serve garlic on a cross-shaped plate on a sunny beach at a vampire convention. End result—Au Revoir Jennifer.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 02-28-16 1
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 02-28-16 2
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 02-28-16 3
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 02-29-16 4
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 02-29-16 5
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 03-01-16 9
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 03-02-16 13
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 03-01-16 6
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 03-01-16 7
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 03-01-16 8
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 03-01-16 10
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 03-01-16 11
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 03-01-16 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 1406 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-16, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"

The Good

1- Alecia: Well I never expected that Aruba would place her at number 1. I'm impressed more by that than her performance. Making fire really showed her resilience and, pound for pound, she could be the toughest out there. She gets easily confused but she was smart enough to realize that all she has to do is make it to the merger. Then, it becomes a new game and she won’t be seen as an immediate threat. Like she said, she should outlast the big guys if she can survive until the swap.

2- Caleb : This week, we agree on the challenge MVP and on the entertainer. I'm wondering if he received coaching from SeeBS. After Big Brother, Caleb got the reputation of being an homophobic bully that had creepy stalker tendencies. Two episodes in, he's already changed all that. Is SeeBS priming him for some lame website program like they did with BB's Jeff and Parvati? I wouldn't watch...

3- Tai: He is fun to watch but his attempt at retrieving the key wasn't really smart. One should know one's limitations so climbing that tree should have been left for later. He'll need either some tools or someone's help to get up there. I fear his cuts will get infected.

4- Michelle: Looking at her pre-season video, I thought Michelle would succeed if she kept her cool, easy going attitude and she's done that very well up to now.

5- Peter: : It was crunch time: The Brain tribe reached the sling shot in third place and the Brawn tribe had a professional player holding the ball. Peter stepped up and he saved his tribe from a date with Probst. I would have preferred to see the tribes forced to switch shooter after every attempt but Survivor likes to put players in “do or die” situation because it creates Heroes and Goats. Peter was the tribe’s hero so he should have some influence in the next vote. From their interactions, it seems that Peter and Neal get along nicely but I’m not sure if Neal would agree with Peter on the idea of keeping Debbie. I’m thinking Peter would be smart not to mention Debbie and simply steer the voting decision towards Joe instead. Neal would probably agree with that and not even realize that he’d be giving Peter a chance to take over control of the game.

6- Neil: He was the tribe's leader while they were carrying the big log but he let Peter take the shots at the targets. It seems that the two are working together but only the vote will confirm that. Will the two talk about keeping Debbie or will Peter keep that as his secret plan? Neal could also beat Peter to the punch because he seems more likely to connect with Debbie. The guy that wore a bow tie to the marooning should be more in tune with the tribe’s odd ball than its resident physician.

7- Liz: You have to like someone who comes up with fun contraptions like her coconut pole, her magic ant dust and her charcoal filtration device! I have no idea if they will bring results or if they will turn out to be the 2016 version of “Superpole 2000”!! I just don't care, Liz is fun! She should know to avoid the immediate effects of dehydration though. A day or so of untreated water shouldn’t worry her too much, certainly not to the point of having to step away from the tribe to recover. Will Liz take control of the vote or will she be blindsided? That is the main question in the Chan Loh camp.

8,9- Anna and Nick: Being part of the winning tribe was good enough for now. They both were smart enough to laugh at the tribe's odd couple instead of raising a fracas. The Beauty tribe is simply having fun right now and that's a great way to start the game.

10- Debbie: The weird cheerleader benefits the most from these challenge wins even if she didn't participate in the last one and barely did a thing in the other. Nothing shows the unfairness of this game more than the comparison between what happened to Jennifer and where Debbie sits on day 7. Jennifer worked her tail off to help Brawn succeed but got voted out. Debbie does nothing but is now offered a coat tail ride to the end game. I've decided to laugh along at the comedy.

The Bad

1- Joe: The tribe’s curmudgeon hasn’t really used his survival skills for the good of the tribe. Instead, he seems to have hurt the tribe by wasting the kerosene and letting the matches get damp. He’s shown as a complainer instead of a worker. He should be looking to be the tribe’s father figure and the way to do that would be by being the provider and the calming presence around camp. The fun grandfather would be a better role for him than the grumpy old man. Rodger Bingham had a better time in Australia than BB had in Borneo.

2- Jason: : Jennifer aptly described the bounty hunter's bad attitude. Hearing him talk of his experience in Iraq and Afghanistan gives him some important personal moments but there’s no way to ignore his comments about Alecia. Instead of being perceived as the scheming villain, we were shown a street bully.

Personally, I think Hantz was much worse but, to my amazement, the viewers accepted Hantz’s awful treatment of the women of Samoa. That was largely due to the power of editing: The fact that we were always hearing Hantz's thoughts and that no one was playing as hard as he was made him a fan favorite. We don’t follow Jason as closely and we see that he isn’t playing the game a mile a minute so we have enough distance to judge him more objectively. Also, the camera never showed Hantz when someone talked about being miserable or being weak because he was the one working while others huddled in the shelter. Twice the camera showed Jason when Alecia talked about weaklings and quitters.

Still, Jason had the funniest comment of the episode during TC: “It’s never happened in this game that someone went to their alliance and said: “Guys, just to let you know, I’m considering a flip. I’ll get back to you depending how things work out. If it doesn’t, we’re still good right?”

The Boring

1- Cydney: She was offered a chance to make a big move and take over control of the tribe but she ratted out Jennifer instead. Now, if Brawn goes back to TC she'll have to hope that Jason wants to keep her over Alecia who is quickly becoming more interesting to keep just because she wouldn't be a problem down the road.

2-Scot: He was nothing more than the straight man to the tribe's wannabe comedian, Jason. After seeing Alecia save them with the fire, Scot should have told Jason to stay quiet but instead he encouraged him. By letting Jennifer get voted out, he lost a valuable ally so maybe he should have listened to her instead of getting caught up in her comment about things being up in the air. Who knows? Like Russell in HvV, maybe Scot could have profitted from being on a tribe that others perceived as being run by a women's alliance.

3- Julia: Yes, she had a confessional but it was only about the tribe's odd couple, something we were able to see for ourselves. Being left out of the challenge could be an indication that the tribe sees her as the weakest. That's not an enviable position even if being up by two players over one tribe makes it less important to keep the stronger players. She is the one that I would have liked to see doing some cheerleading drills instead of Debbie but she stayed quiet. The only funny moment came when an editor showed us that he didn't agree with Tai about who was cuddlelicious!

4- Aubry: She was more forgotten than boring because we heard nothing from her. The only thing I noticed was that she laughed at Debbie's comment about Liz when they went to the water well. That could be telling us that Aubry likes Debbie more and would vote with her.

Booted - Jennifer: I thought it was a disservice to Jennifer to be placed on the Brawn tribe. In any other format, this strong woman would have been a valuable asset early in the game but on a tribe full of muscles, she became redundant. I didn't expect to like her but she surprised me so I was sorry to see her go. It would have been much better if the women had stood together but instead the other two ratted her out.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-28-16, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-16 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

WOW, naming 10 as “Good” and only two as “Bad” you must REALLY be liking this season thus far.

Yeah, I had this sneaky suspicion we’d both have the same #1 this week. Hey, gotta give the girl her due.

It wasn’t a case of not agreeing on an MVP for the Premier; last week I didn’t think there should have even BEEN an MVP because of Darnell and Alecia. But for the Ep. 2 challenge it was a no-brainer.

I hear what you’re saying about Neal. Sure he may have potential down the road, but my List is about Ep. 2. I don’t dislike Neal. Actually I feel a little bad for the guy. Let’s face it...other than Peter he must feel snakebitten to be casted on a tribe with a crazy old Cat Woman, an older man whose age has no correlation to wisdom hence his contributions have been pretty much nothing, and the Mental Meltdown Maidens, i.e., Aubrey and Liz. If I were wearing his buff I’d be inclined to do a fair share of complaining as well; and that’s what we’ve gotten from him thus far. Should he make the tribal switch and find himself is a more favorable predicament perhaps we’ll hear some gameplay and strategy from him. But to this point we have not...and what we did get in the Premier we got even LESS of in Ep. 2 hence the “Boring” placement.

I would like Liz’s silly contraptions if they worked; but being they don’t they’re...well...just silly. However you wish to spin it when you break down in tears LESS THAN A WEEK INTO THE GAME that’s beyond pathetic so shame on Liz and shame on casting. More sad examples of cases where attributes may have come too easy for some people in their lives and NOW when they need to exert above and beyond outside their element they come apart.

I’m going from memory but I believe we heard from both Michele and Julia only once and that one time was the same topic—Survivor’s version of Joanie Loves Chachi. So that’s the main reason I grouped them together. But I must give you props for your noteworthy comment about wishing we had seen Julia’s cheerleading skills instead of Debbie.

I suppose you’ll get more mileage as a “fun grandpa” as opposed to a “grumpy old man” aka Roger (Outback) vs. BB (Borneo.) But let’s not forget Rudy was more grumpier and more older than BB.

Interesting comparison between Jason and Hantz. I guess I see how they share that scrappy pitbull appearance, but I dunno. No one played harder or searched harder than Russell in Samoa. This past episode Jason showed no one slept and rested harder...on second thought perhaps Scot might give him a run for his money.

Quite honestly I didn’t have a problem with Jennifer casted on the Brawn tribe. She has that cute tomboy persona. Unlike yourself I did expect to like her. OK, I admit I have a secret desire for that rough (but strikingly attractive) tomboy look. Although I agree with your displeasure that Jennifer is out and Debbie is still in. Whereas you attribute it to the “unfairness” of the game, I attribute it to (you may want to hide your eyes here) WINNING immunity. Nothing has a more positive direct effect on your survival in the game than WINNING immunity/challenges or possessing an II.

As much as one may want to focus on the injustice of Jennifer’s departure, in large part, she has herself to blame. As I stated in my assessment, you don’t go trying to reverse the fittest and target the strong when a majority of your remaining tribe is just that. As for Alecia/Cydney “ratting” her out...can you blame Alecia for doing what she had to do to fight for her survival? And Cydney made it VERY clear from the get go she wanted to align with the strong men. You are...who you are...who you are. Just a case of Cydney staying true to her character.

02-28-16, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
Yes, I was a bit surprised that so many are on the good side of things. Mostly, it's because I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's refreshing to see newbies playing so I don't want them to feel bad that someone on the internet dislikes them!

Neal went on the marrooning wearing a bow tie and loudmouth pants. That gives him extra time to stay out of the boring category and to prove himself.

I certainly agree that Liz's contraptions look silly. That's exactly why I put her in the Good category. Survivor is only good when I can laugh during that hour. That also explains why Debbie is in that category. As for crying, it doesn't bother me at all if it doesn't lead her to quit.

People hate Jason not because he's lazy, they hate him for his treatment of Alecia. Hantz was even worse and he said those things about all the women. His actions in the game and his edit shouldn't have affected people's opinion. A jerk is a jerk. It's as if his immunity idols also protected him from the viewers' contempt.

Are you comparing Joe to Rudy? Rudy was a complainer but let's not forget that he was also a hard worker. After all, they named a part of their camp "Rudy's kitchen." Also, he was lucky enough to be included in Hatch's alliance but he was very close to being voted out during that third episode. Luckily, he got a nice assist from production.

Yes, Michelle and Julia only had one confessional but Michelle participated in the challenge win and the whole tribe was fun to watch. Julia was just there. She certainly could move back up next week.

I explained what I meant by the unfairness of the game. Yes, Debbie was on the tribe that won but she didn't do a thing for that win. It's a bit like the "Twin Paradox". Nadiya gets on a tribe that immediately targets her and she becomes the first boot. Her identical twin gets on a tribe that accepts her and wins. Sometimes you're just screwed. My first on-line game, I was cast as Osten from Pearl Islands. I had no chance of getting in the main alliance even if I did everything I could to get in.

As for Cydney, yes she made it very clear that she wanted to align with the strong guys but those strong guys eliminated her closest ally and they are more interested in helping each other than her so maybe she should have reconsidered her position. Jennifer was offering her a way to be in power instead of just tagging along.

02-29-16, 07:51 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
I can’t speak for all viewers and all people “on the internet,” but I don’t like or dislike someone at random or because I may have simply pulled their name out of a hat. While we’re in the mindset of “giving the benefit of the doubt,” let’s also give the benefit of the doubt that players are liked and disliked for reasons.

Once again, this list pertains to Ep. 2. I don’t recall seeing Neal wearing a bowtie and loudmouth pants during this episode pertaining to Days 4-6. If he did, then that was my oversight...perhaps another distraction.

There’s a big difference between laughing WITH someone and laughing AT someone. Laughing WITH someone is “good.” Laughing AT someone is “bad.” I laughed AT Liz and her silly contraptions that don’t work. I laughed AT the crazy Cat Woman for just about everything she does/says. I laughed WITH the Beauty tribe over the budding Tai/Caleb showmance.

Personally a jerk is a jerk...I agree. In the game a proactive player who searches harder than anyone is a proactive player who searches harder than anyone. Some viewers can differentiate; others refuse to do so. Different strokes for different folks.

I was comparing Rudy to BB. Yes Rudy pulled his weight, but BB was a very hard worker himself. Oh brother, I see we’re heading down the road conveniently marked with “Conspiracy Theory” signs on every corner. We’re only on episode two; well that didn’t take long.

OK, I’ll give you that Michele participated in the Challenge whereas Julia did not. But let’s be real...had you replaced Julia for Michele the outcome would have been the same.

Debbie’s not the first pathetically inept castaway who got a few free passes early on in the game by luckily being casted on a stronger tribe. And history sadly proves the further they advance, the better chance they have to make the Finals because they ARE so pathetically inept and appropriately not perceived as a threat. Some have even gone on to win a million (or two.) Is it “unfair;” do I think it stinks? You betcha!

In the case of Nadiya when you attempt to pull in a gay guy by publically calling him out as “one of the girls” it’s not a case of being victimized by a so-called “Twin Paradox”...it’s more a case of getting what’s coming to you because of a “Stupidity Paradox.”

It is in Cydney’s better interest to stick with Jason and Scot even if they did spearhead Darnell’s boot. Knowing a tribal switch and merge are both in the near future, Jason and Scot are more formidable targets than Cydney when the ADS rears its ugly head as it usually does post merge. Also there’s no way Cydney would be “in power” with a Jennifer-Alecia-Cydney all-girl alliance. Jennifer would most positively have taken the “queen bee” role in that alliance and Cydney would have just “tagged along” in that scenario as well.

02-29-16, 11:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
I see the season as one story so while my list reflects mostly the events of the current episode, I dont forget what happened before it. Hence, Neal still looks good.

For me, a laugh is all that matters. Many of the funniest moments on Survivor were unintentional humor. Take Judd's: "I'm not bad sporstmanship, man!" or Kat's: "This BLT sandwich has BACON!!" Hilarious even if it made us laugh AT the ignoramus.

As for Hantz I find it funny that the editing was able to make you forget your value system. I remember that you didn't share Iltarion's love for Brian and Boston Rob because they were liars yet you accept Hantz's awful behavior. For me, he was a jerk even if he found idols and he didn't deserve to win. Anyway, how hard is it to find something that is practically stuffed in your pocket?

BB worked hard...for three days then asked to be voted out. No comparison to Rudy.

In many sports some all-stars aren't good at every facet of the game. All-around players like Mike Trout are rare. So it amazes me that you can say that Sandra is inept at the game. She is inept in challenges but she is so much better than most in the strategy department that winning individual immunity didn't matter. Also you are wrong when you say that she benefitted from early challenge wins. In HvV, her tribe went to TC in episode 3 yet Sandra was not in any danger. In fact she was the one that decided that Randy should go instead of Parvati. Turned out to be an excellent move, wouldn't you say?! Later, when her name did wind up on the chopping block, she very nicely flipped the vote to Coach.

In PI, the DVD commentary made it clear that Sandra wouldn't have been voted out if they had gone to the first TC. Michelle would have left because Sandra's alliance wanted to cut Burton and Sean's power base. When Burton threw a challenge to boot Christa, Sandra and Fairplay worked together to boot Burton instead. Simply put she is one of the best ever.

In a three person alliance, a duo holds power not an indivdual. Cydney and Jennifer would have shared power and would have likely kept Scot over Alecia if they had to. Anyway, Brawn could be on its way to being Matsinged and if that's the case, you want to be in the final duo like Denise and Malcolm so separating Scot and Jason is paramount.

03-01-16, 09:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
I don’t forget past episodes either...I just tend to focus on the episode at hand each week. HMMMM, could that be why the episode # is noted in the topic line for each posted list??? Just saying.

I acknowledge a laugh is an end result...but the MEANS that achieve those end results are what drives a ranking. At least that’s how it works in MY book.

I’ve NEVER accepted Hantz’s awful behavior. On MANY occasions I’ve opened criticized him for the vile individual he is. Why you keep saying that is beyond me. Perhaps if you took a break from shuffling your edit cards and conspiracy cards you might see that. What I DO accept is proactive gameplay and those who play and search harder than others. Once again your inability to differentiate the two may have distorted YOUR value system to the point of inaccurately putting words in my mouth.

Castaways perceived as pathetic and inept enough to not be targeted as threats have historically advanced deep in the game. You can apply your spin to woulda, coulda, shoulda hypothetical situations that never occurred, but when a tribe consistently loses early and often it’s just a matter of time before the weakest become expendable. A pathetically weak player on a solid tribe that wins gets carried. Personally I don’t regard anything as “excellent” in a season of returnees that I do not regard as a “real” season. Even though you disagree you should know me enough to acknowledge that.

Individuals have run three-person alliances. Kim did with Chelsea and Sabrina in One World; Lex did with Ethan and Tom in Africa. I’m sure you’ll apply your spin to twist those facts. Jennifer and Cydney in a three girl alliance would be a power struggle ready to occur and a disaster waiting to happen.

Unless Scot or Jason can pull a Terry Dietz and go on an immunity run (HIGHLY unlikely) the ADS will turn them into dogmeat post tribal switch or merge. So separating them in Ep. 2 is not even remotely close to being “paramount.”

03-02-16, 06:44 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-16 AT 06:49 AM (EST)

"I remember that you didn't share Iltarion's love for Brian and Boston Rob"

My final reply on this thread before we move on to Ep. 3 (or for some posters Ep. 3 + Ep. 2B + Ep. 1C...)

If we're talking about Brain Heidik from Thailand your memory needs a recharge. Many years ago when we first started ranking past winners (granted there may have been only 15 seasons instead of the 30+ we have now) Brian always ranked near the top of the list. And he was ranked high because of the fact he played harder than anyone that season and deserving earned the win. Not because of the loathsome individual he was/is. Another example of how I'm able to differentiate the two.

As for Rob, as well as other former players, an OVERWHELMING majority of the reasons I use to rate players will always come from the FIRST season the castaway played. I suppose fans will blow sunshine up the butts of some players for making the most of their second, third, (do I dare say even FOURTH) opportunities. Especially in seasons when returnees are already forming alliances BEFORE they officially step into the season. That's one of the main reasons I will never consider them "real" seasons. It more like a bunch of ballerinas choreographing their own performances.

The fact will always stand (much to the chagrin of Jiffy's man crush) Rob, in his inaugural season, got b!tchslap by the gay nurse John who Rob himself referred to as Tink"a"bell and ended up NOT even making the Jury! No spin, no twist, no edit card, no conspiracy theory. Pure fact.

kingfish 18788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-16, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
GOOD

Alecia. I really like putting Alecia at the top of the list. Not sure she really played a "Good" game, but it was admirable, required stamina, and engendered sympathy. So she gets my vote too. Unfortunately, "good" doesn't mean "not next on the boot list", which presumably she is. If she can engineer a plot that results in Jason's (or anyone else's, but especially Jason's) ouster if they go to TC again, that will remove any doubt that she deserves this placement. Then I'll be able to look at her and not see someone who is just dazed and confused.

Caleb Well said, both of you. I can't quite wrap my mind around his edit, and am expecting the old Caleb to emerge, but I have to admit that both of you are pretty accurate in your descriptions of him, and that he should be in the "Good" column this week.

Scot Not as "bad" as Jason, not as "Boring" as Cydney, but not especially "Good" either. He has placed himself in the not as bad as Jason, so he's not really in danger, but his confessionals are not boring, they are actually revealing story wise, so, reluctantly I'd have to put him in the "Good" column. I'm not easy with this and expect him to change.

Tai Definitely "good". There doesn't seem to be any residual damage from his HI hunting episode, indeed, from the promo's it seems that everyone on his tribe goes on the hunt for HI's. The Editors obviously like him and are portraying him positively. So he has a future it would seem. And there's no doubt that he's the real entertainment his season. I would bet the producers jumped with joy when they interviewed him.

Liz Good. I think she is portrayed as coming out of the conflict with Joe positively, as unfairly picked on. Puts Joe in a bad light and her in a good light. Also not boring. May have something to do with her looks, but I am hanging on her every word and look forward to every shot with her in it.

BORING

Peter Boring. It's way too early to be planning who you will sit beside at Final TC. Planning at this point should be to make the merge, which means keeping from going to TC or finding a HI. And Debbie isn't helpful for the first, and he hasn't found the second. But I wouldn't put him in the "bad" column either.

Julia and Michele Boring.(I like combining them too). Non-entities. Nice to watch. Edited somewhat favorably. But not really playing, yet.

Nick Boring. UTR strategy might not be such a bad idea right now, but doing nothing is also not good.

Neal Boring. Can't put a face on this name. So a non-entity, thus boring.

Aubrey Will elevate her from BAD to Boring. She seems to have begun to accept that she is on a hot tropical island with bugs and physical challenges.

Cydney Boring, bordering on Good. Can't tell if the editors are saving her story for later, or if she just doesn't have one. But with Jason, Scot, and Alecia on her tribe, she should make the first merge. So, her game is sound but boring so far.

BAD

Debbie Bad game play. Transparent lies that she thinks she's selling. She may last a while if Brains don't go to TC, but she is in real danger if they do.

Joe Bad. Better than Debbie's game, but not by much. Also in danger at TC.

Jason. Bad. Edited as a vile disgusting thug. Because, that's what he is probably is. The deal with the peeled skin was the editor's way of revealing that to us. He may be Alecia's salvation if Brawn goes to TC again before a merge. Hope so.

Anna. Bad. Didn't push up (and out) her breasts as she promised she would, so BAD. Very, very BAD.

Could have been great, but she's gone.

Jen Jen would have been a game game player if she could just have kept her mouth from moving at TC. Presumably, she was with the majority who were voting for Alecia until she managed to change one of her erst while alliance mate's vote.

Love her casting, though.

Tribe's dog ate my homework.

03-01-16, 12:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
I haven't seen anything bad from Anna. Maybe this will help her case:

03-01-16, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
It does.

03-01-16, 10:03 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
"Liz. Good...May have something to do with her looks"

Really? Ya think?? LMAO

I think we can blame the Beauty men for Anna not delivering on her gameplay tease. Tai, Caleb and Nick are not encouraging her. Tai is unable to; Caleb got jolted in the BB House so you could hardly blame him for not setting himself up for another heartbreak; and Nick is so in love with himself he probably feels no female castaway is worthy of his magnificence even if Anna pushed her boobies up to the heavens.

I agree Jennifer was casted well, but do you really think her mouth turned the tide at TC? I honestly believe Jason, Scot and Cydney were writing down Jenn’s name regardless of what was to transpire at tribal. Just my opinion.

03-01-16, 10:24 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
You're right about Tai, he was focused on Caleb's Boobs.

But the voting went

Alecia voted Jen
Scot Voted Alecia
Jason Voted Jen
Cyd Voted Jen
Jen voted Alecia.

Before TC Scot and Jason were supposedly voting for Alecia. I think Jason was perturbed at what Jen was saying and changed his vote.

Jen really should have just shut up. Even though Scot didn't change his vote, he was also upset with her, and probably was thinking about changing.

03-01-16, 10:36 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring Ep. 2"
DUHH...I meant to say Jason, ALECIA, and Cydney voting for Jenn going into TC. My bad.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •