The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2148 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-23-15, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
I guess it can get boring around camp, but I’ll never get why these castaways are so eager to share personal/private info with strangers some of whom are heartless nasty players who you got to believe will throw it back in your face at some point. First Mike with his Texas Oil status; now Shirin with her broken family domestic violence history. Is it just me or what??

1) MIKE – Chinks in his armor this episode. The stunt he tried to pull at the auction was ill-advised. And the timing and manner in which he chose to call out Rodney’s flip alliance was bad. But you want proactive...I give you Mike. Way to step up and win immunity to proactively control your own fate. He’s got Sierra and Shirin in his back pockets, a HII in his front pocket, and so long as Dan can perform basic math, it should be clear sailing to the F4.

2) SHAREEN – Well at least the pronunciation is now right. Score a big one for the “Super Fan” whose knowledge of the game allowed everyone at the auction a letter from home. She’s successfully worked herself into Mike’s alliance, but I still believe she’ll need to win a key IC to earn a seat in the Finals. I was seriously considering moving Shirin up to the top spot when her hand went up to deprive Will his family letter. But Mike still retains that honor with his solid clutch effort in the IC.

3) CAROLYN – I’m moving her up for two reasons. 1) Forfeiting the food to take a more proactive role in the game by going for the advantage even though she already has a HII; 2) not allowing Mike to get away with his stunt at the auction. Conscience, schmonscience; the reason Mike did an about face is because Carolyn forced his hand. Well played Mama C!

4) DAN – UGH!!! I dread moving him up, but like Carolyn, I applaud his decision to take a more proactive approach and for the time being taking a step off Mike’s coattails. But dude, if you possess a HII, a clue, or any advantage—FIND A SECRET HIDING PLACE FOR IT! Only a muttonhead would keep it unattended in their bag. So now he needs to decide between solidifying his spot in Mike’s F3 or being #5 in Rodney’s alliance. If he really is “not as dumb as he looks,” it should be a no-brainer.

5) RODNEY – His decision to feed his face assured the opposing Mike alliance a 67% chance of getting that crucial game advantage. Had he walked up with Carolyn to draw rocks he takes that advantage away. Now all I see giving his alliance a chance to advance to the F4 is a bonehead move by Dan or Carolyn’s HII. I’ll give him some credit for using Mike’s blunders to try to pull in Dan, but I think Dan passed first grade math.

6) TYLER – A few weeks ago I was thinking he might advance in this game; now I want him gone. This snitch is an 80 year-old gossiping woman in an ex-athlete middle-aged man’s body. If that’s not bad enough, going through someone else’s personal belongings is pathetic. Even his facial expressions are so “Charlie Brown.” I got to hand it to Michel...he sure nailed this one.

7) SIERRA – Jenn said, “Sierra; I don’t know, she just sucks.” A more appropriate summation would be, “Sierra; I DO know, she just follows.” Ride them coattails to the Finals...you go girl.

8) WILL – He’s been nothing short of a friggin’ embarrassing joke of a casting debacle when it comes to challenges...but hey Jeff, I’ll sit out of the IC if you give me my letter from home. WOW!!!, one hell of a sacrifice Will...that would be like Jenn swapping a chicken dinner for something SHE wants. Whereas I can understand his knee-jerk reaction when his generosity was questioned, the personal attack on Shirin was inappropriate, uncalled for, and disgusting. He even had an opportunity to apologize at TC but chose not to show a single ounce of remorse. All trash...no class.

BOOTED) JENN – Well she got what she wanted a few days ago. The difference this time--no Anti-Darwin Syndrome. She went out as the entertaining narrator she was throughout the season. I’m confident she won’t disappoint at FTC. Now that you’re officially a juror I have a request—Could you please come up with more “eye-appealing” TC wardrobes than Hali? There’s a reason I hope for attractive women as early Jury members.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-25-15 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-26-15 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-26-15 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-26-15 4
               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-26-15 5
                   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-27-15 8
                       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-27-15 9
                           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-28-15 11
                               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-28-15 13
                                   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-29-15 15
                                       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-29-15 17
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... suzzee 04-27-15 6
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-27-15 7
       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... kingfish 04-28-15 10
       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-28-15 12
           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-28-15 14
               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-29-15 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-25-15, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
This had to be one of the ugliest episodes ever. I think I’d put it alongside the All-Stars episode where Sue quit, Ted and Ghandia’s altercation and the Brandon-Philip confrontation. In fact, it was more what I’d expect if I ever watched Jerry Springer instead of Jeff Probst’s Survivor. At the reward challenge and at Tribal Council, Jeff acted like those garbage-TV hosts that only care about drama. He saw Shirin’s injury and he acted just like the others in camp by not putting a stop to it. Instead he reopened the wound, scratched it hard and forced us to watch it fester.

Rarely have we seen a group of people that hate each other so much. Usually the hatred is directed at one person in particular but, much like Thailand and Guatemala, most of these people hate each other. Those two seasons had funny characters to offset most of the negativity. In Guatemala, we even had Rafe who, with Danni’s help, destroyed the “axis of evil” but there is no one like Rafe inside Rodney’s alliance and no one like Danni on the opposite side either. We hear that these players are game savvy and will do anything to win but we keep waiting to see something happen. Instead, we are left with Survivor 101. Pop, pop, pop: Three No Collars eliminated in quick succession. Is that our program for the next weeks also?

1 - Dan: Maybe he didn’t want to be the swing vote but it gave him his best episode of the season. We saw his determination to get the advantage and he had a good moment with the love letters, telling us about his wedding anniversary. He explained why he had trust issues with Mike but he wasn’t completely blind to Rodney’s manipulation. Whether the six stick together or Mike and Shirin find a way to change the game, Dan could wiggle his way to the end. Like Carolyn, he wasn’t seen taking part in the distasteful scene.

The problem is that Dan looked very bad before this week. We can’t simply forget that. In one word, Dan is uncouth. There are no subtleties about Dan: He is made of one block and will not bow to anyone which makes it impossible for him to play this social game. Even when Tyler confronted him, when he had probably already decided to eliminate Jenn, he still had to bark, still had to assert his independence.

With his additional vote, Dan should do the math and realize that he is much better with Mike, Shirin and Sierra than inside Rodney’s six.

2 - Mike: When he heard the four conspirators, Mike had better ways to use the knowledge. He could have informed Dan and Sierra about it and told one of them to talk to Rodney about his thoughts on the next vote, hinting that they were entertaining the idea of eliminating Mike. Rodney needed a fifth vote so he likely would have made the offer that would have proven his disloyalty.

Mike could also have made it much simpler and less personal: Since Rodney only had four voters; he could have gathered Jenn, Shirin, Dan and Sierra and simply voted out one of Rodney’s minions just like he did with Joaquin. It would have been so easy.

Mike’s accusation against the alliance in front of everyone was asking for trouble. If that had been his only mistake, he could have recovered but his contemptible move at the auction made it much worse. In public, one has to be honest when it comes to tactics. If he really wanted the advantage, he should have directly told them that he wasn’t going for the letters. That would have forced Dan and Carolyn to decide what they wanted to do but no one would have questioned Mike’s honesty.

So, is Mike finished? Even when he acted like a maniac, we knew why, we heard his reasons, felt his dilemma and even heard his apologies. His long talk with Dan was very touching so it would be surprising for two friends not to get back together. The vote against Jenn presented a marvelous opportunity for the editors to leave us in suspense but I have a feeling that Mike went along to prove his loyalty to Dan. Now, Mike has three more days to show Dan and Sierra that they are indeed outside of the core alliance of four. From our vantage point, Will, Carolyn and Tyler have not talked much about strategy with the other two Blue Collars. Also, Rodney doesn’t hide how close he is to his true allies, always sitting next to Will and Carolyn. Even Tyler should be able to see that he is the expendable 4th. It should be easy to show Dan and Sierra that the six are strong only until Mike leaves.

Like Jenn, Mike’s whole game rests in dumbass’ hands. Unlike Jenn, he also needs Dan to convince Sierra to follow him back to Mike’s side.

3 - Shirin: The victim of Will’s bullying, she missed an opportunity to bring some peace to camp when she refused to let Will have his letter. Her objection was understandable but counter-productive. It was part of the game she said but showing compassion is also part of the game. The story has prepared us to see people flipping, told us that these players are individuals that will do anything to get to the end. If all that build-up isn’t simply a smoke screen then Shirin may still make it to the end but will she get enough votes? To her credit, she already has two, maybe three votes in her purse and Mike could also vote for her but she is unlikely to make the end game if he winds up on the jury. Just like we did for Dan, we cannot forget her earlier portrayal. Shirin was the laughingstock of the whole tribe and the audience so she would make for a weird winner.

4 - Sierra: She blindly followed Rodney because of Mike’s actions. Contrary to Dan, she didn’t even seem to question the fact that she was being used. Having accompanied Will to his secret box and then sitting right next to Shirin, she was in the best position to tell Will to cool it but she was one of those that were shown enjoying the scene. It’s hard to believe that she would abandon Mike to join people that hardly talked about the game with her. Suddenly, they just happened to consider her part of the “strong six”. She should realize it’s too good to be true.

5 - Carolyn: At least she wasn’t shown when Will and Rodney were bashing Shirin but she was still the one that Jenn hated the most. If the game continues rectilinearly as it has for the last three weeks, then she’s the only one of Rodney’s four that could win. She certainly looks less slimy to us than any in Rodney’s final four but we can’t say that we have been following her story. What case would she present to the jury? They wouldn’t care that she got rid of So and Max and now she is simply following Rodney’s lead and isn’t even liked by the jurors.

6 - Tyler: While he didn’t say anything, his smiles and his posture during the fight showed that he was one of those that enjoyed the vulgar “entertainment”. We also saw that he held out at the auction for some reason but his explanation didn’t merit airtime. His cautious game play is highlighted in such a way that he would make a very unsatisfactory winner. It would have been so easy to remove the “pause it and we’ll revisit it later” to leave us with a more forceful impression.

7 - Rodney: While we knew he was a hothead, we had never heard that Dan saw him as the “most despicable, vulgar and foul human being that he ever met.” Mike had to be quoting Dan verbatim since he was trying to convince him that he couldn’t work with Rodney. Rodney’s words during the fight between Will and Shirin showed his true colors. He's the Judd in this new "axis of Evil" but, contrary to the New Jersey doorman, the only thing funny about Rodney is that, after being unable to beat Joe in immunity challenges, he was equally inept against Mike. Maybe he sees them as threats only because this supposedly strong, proud man is a choker, a loser.

8 - Will: Watching this episode, it felt strange that I used to think Will would be voted out because he was too likable. While he had reasons to be upset that his nice gesture was perceived as an attempt to deceive, he went way overboard in defending his integrity. No soul and no worth? Is Will living in the XVIIth century? The sad fact of this game is that he may have increased his chances of making the end game because he certainly scored some brownie points in the goat department.

Booted - Jenn: In an episode almost void of humor, I found it funny that when Mike, Dan and Carolyn were about to decide a crucial moment in the game by picking stones, Jenn had her face buried in her cocktail. I hope she tipped her bartender! She was a funny character all the way up to her final comment to the tribe where her "play nice" reminded me of Colleen's exit. These people suck and are well passed playng nice.

PS. You seem to have a very loose definition of the AD syndrome because Jenn was specifically eliminated over Shirin because she was a threat in challenges.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-26-15, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
I myself watched only less than a handful of Jerry Springer episodes. When I did I said to myself these DAWS idiots are just bringing it upon themselves. Which reverts back to my opening statement in this week’s rankings—Why do they readily offer their private/personal information??? I'm not shocked the season took this turn once a Mike vs. Joe epic showdown was officially out of the question. I just didn't think it would be this nasty this soon.

No way Shirin makes peace after that personal attack. Compassion can be a tool in the game if you use it to form alliances or perhaps get someone’s vote should you advance to the Finals. At this stage of the game Shirin and Will aren’t aligning even if they were able to bury the hatchet. And Shirin could be sitting in the Finals between two hooded Klansmen and STILL not get Will’s vote. I suppose Shirin could win in a FTC with Shirin, Dan, and Sierra in the Finals, but I think I might turn my TV off before I watch that FTC.

Pagong… “pop, pop, pop.” Sadly your question is rhetorical because I think you already know the answer as well as I do. I believe the same Pagonging that put the first three players on the Jury will unfortunately be the same program for the rest of this season.

A big part of that prediction is because we agree Dan should be able to do the math. Yes, credit Dan for proactively stepping up at the auction and giving himself a 1 in 3 chance to get the advantage, but it’s still dumbass luck for getting it. Production really needs to do something about this random draw crap. First the random draw tribal swap that screws over some players while awarding others with the dumbass luck award; now the drawing of colored stones. I suppose a million dollars may not be all that much to EPMB or Probst, but for many of the castaways it could be life-changing; and to have a major part of that outcome a result of sheer luck completely sucks.

The reason Jenn lamented her game was in “dumbass’s hands” was because from merge to right up before her TC boot she didn’t do (nor wanted to do) anything to try to win Dan over. Conversely, Mike has been working Dan from the onset—prompting Dan right from the beginning to openly admit Mike was the “glue holding the Blue tribe together.” Yes Dan playing the advantage to stick with Mike’s alliance would undoubtedly be a game-changer for Mike, but I still give Mike props for laying the prior groundwork with Dan even though his auction antic did create a pothole in his road to the Finals.

In a bizarre way I think the knowledge of Dan’s extra vote will hurt Carolyn. Figuring Dan’s extra vote will ensure he stays with the Blues to increase his shot at the Finals, I think that will force her hand into playing her HII to leave nothing to chance even though I doubt she is Mike’s primary target. The end result will probably be Carolyn essentially flushing out her own idol.

Sometimes it’s difficult to try to interpret Tyler’s goofy “Charlie Brown” facial expressions so not totally sure he was “enjoying” the vulgar entertainment, but being the weasel who stirred the boiling pot to begin with he had no choice but to keep his mouth shut. I honestly think his smirk was more self-satisfaction that his weasel antic was playing out as he thought it would. Obviously there’s no way he could have anticipated Will would go on such a personal attack, but had he intervened Will probably jumps all over him and would have leaked out that it was Tyler himself who told him Shirin, Mike, and Jenn were questioning his generosity...and then the weasel snitch would have been trapped.

Now Sierra is quite another story. I’m disappointed she didn’t step in and give Will a well-deserved b!tch-slapping, especially in light of how Dan was unnecessarily criticizing HER earlier in the game. Although disappointing I’m not the least bit surprised. You see, that would have been a proactive approach; not something we’d see from a coattail rider follower.

Good comparison with Rodney and Judd (Guatemala) and even better observation with Rodney lacking Judd’s ability to perform well in challenges, although Rodney's impressions were much funnier than anything Judd did.

As pathetic a piece of trash as Will has become, I’m not seeing him parlaying that to an endgame finalist. With the first three Jury members from his original No Collar tribe, no way I see Mike allowing Will to even get a sniff of the Finals.

Jenn was a Pagong victim FAR MORE than any ADS factor. Yes she was a bigger challenge threat than Shirin, but really now, 95% of ALL Survivor players (past, present and future) are bigger challenge threats than Shirin. LOL. Given this fact trying to spin the ADS as the main reason for Jenn’s boot can’t get much “looser.”

Despite Jenn’s parting words to the F8 it’s doubtful they will “play nice”...the question is will they VOTE nice?

04-26-15, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
You ask a very good question when you write: "Why do they readily offer their private/personal information???"

The simple answer is they have to say something. The best example was Spencer in Tocantins who tried very, very hard to keep his homosexuality a secret. The others in the tribe, JT in particular, saw him as being anti-social, so reserved that he wasn't joining their conversations. That got him booted.

Shirin shared her personal story just like the others did. They don't have anything else to do but talk. Now, some manage to keep part of their personal life secret but you should understand that they have to be who they are. It's not because she said she had been abused that it gave anyone the right to repeat the offense.

Shirin certainly couldn't count on aligning with Will or even getting his vote in the end but she could have helped with the camp's atmosphere. They guy would have been grateful and would have thanked her for the unexpected leniency. Instead, we heard her real reason in a secret scene: She WANTED to look like a villain so they might keep her to the end. It's an evil game, I tell you.

When I said that there was nothing funny about Rodney, I was only considering this episode but you are right. A comparison with Judd would have to include Rodney's imitations and those were funny. But we only saw that for 1 minute while Judd was over the top hilarious in all his episodes, man!

You also wrote:
"Jenn was a Pagong victim FAR MORE than any ADS factor."

I hope you know that I like to yank your chain at times. That PS was mostly in jest. My real point was that, for me, even Joe's elimination was FAR MORE pagonging that any ADS factor as well.

04-26-15, 03:53 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
You're right...I get the fact you have to have something to talk about. I preluded to that fact in my opening line stating it probably can get boring around camp.

As an Executive at a place where it is consistently ranked the #1 company to work at in America (Google) for gosh knows how many years don't you think that would give Shirin lots of material to be able to "say something" about herself without having to share personal and private details of her domestic violent past?

And yes you are totally right in saying even though she was ill-advised to provide that information to begin with, it still gave Will NO right to throw it back in her face in such a hurtful manner. Listen, I know in the heat of the moment you don't always think of what you're saying. The main reason I refer to him as a piece of trash is how he handled it at TC when he had ample time to mull it over and eventually apologize. Heck, if he apologized before the IC, he probably gets to read his letter from home.

So in Tocantins Spenser was unable to carry on a conversation or interact socially because he wanted to keep his sexual preference private??? That's ridiculous. Scores of Reality Show players have excelled even though they decided not to share a aspect of their personal lives. Last summer on Big Brother eventual winner Derrick kept his occupation a secret.

Even though Rodney's imitations had to be one of the more hysterical moments on Survivor, when this season is in the books I agree Judd will have more funnier moments...man!

I'll respect your opinion that Joe's boot for you was more pagonging...but I'm sticking to my guns and FOR ME everyone who voted Joe out did so because he was a challenge threat compared to EVERYONE this season more than just being from the No Collar tribe.

04-26-15, 07:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
I'm not sure it would have been better for Shirin to say that she is a top executive at Google! As for Spencer, I was just relaying what he and the other members of Jalapao said afterwards. Like Derrick with his job, Spencer kept a secret but the others found him too reserved so they couldn't trust him. It's difficult to be open enough to earn trust but closed enough to hide your personal life.

I think this is the first time we reach an understanding on the ADS! (Someone should check for flying pigs.) Joe was voted out because he was the biggest challenge threat. That's obvious. But what is also obvious is that he didn't find a way inside the majority before the merge. He knew about the fracture between Mike and Rodney but he tried to trick Mike with a fake idol instead of working on earning his trust. He had 6 days before the merge and two after it to form a natural Blue - No Collar alliance against the White Collars, Rodney and Will. The final 7 could have been Mike, Kelly, Dan, Sierra, Joe, Hali and Jenn and we wouldn't be in this cesspool.

04-27-15, 06:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
>I'm not sure it would have been better for Shirin to say that she is a top executive at Google!

In a conventional season I can understand keeping a high profile or high paying job under the lid. But given the theme of this season, I think it's a forgone conclusion every "white-collar" is some executive pulling in a decent salary.

>It's difficult to be open enough to earn trust but closed enough to hide your personal life.

I don't think it is. There's a difference between personal aspects in one's life vs. sensitive issues to reveal skeletons in the closet. There's more than enough non-sensitive issues in everyone's life to share without exposing skeletons to provide ammunition for your competition to fire at will.

>I think this is the first time we reach an understanding on the ADS! (Someone should check for flying pigs.)

I don't think those pigs will be flying too high...LOL.

Regardless of how one feels about the ADS, everyone would have to agree Joe was the closest we had to a challenge "ringer" on Survivor so clearly the target on him was immense. And if that was not enough, getting the short end of the tribal swap turned out to be a classic double whammy for him.

>He had 6 days before the merge and two after it to form a natural Blue - No Collar alliance

In hindsight I understand all your woulda, coulda, shoulda pertaining to Joe, but when the tribal swap makes you the lone wolf separated from your pack, you're in a VERY weak position to start spearheading moves to form alliances. Your first and primary objective is make the merge at any cost to rejoin your tribe, and if that cost is to back off a bit and minimize your large target, then discretion can be the better part of valor in this instance. Joe was able to do this and he made the merge.

The onus on the No Collars to try to get numbers for post merge rested more on the three who stayed together after the tribal swap. And when everyone did merge all the No Collar trio had to show for it was...Shirin. From that standpoint they failed.

Although we disagree on the "why" it happened, we do both agree that Jenn/Hali missed the boat by not bringing in Carolyn. And Carolyn was practically throwing herself at them after the swap when she was separated from Tyler. Because of that blunder it's no surprise the first three members of the Jury are No Collars.

04-27-15, 11:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-15 AT 11:58 PM (EST)

A good social player should always seize the opportunity to make new allies. You say that the swap hurt Joe's game but I disagree. For him, it would have been much worse if there hadn't been a swap at all before the merge. THEN, he'd be exposed as the strongest challenge player with only a day or so to make new bonds.

In fact, the swap put Joe in a very similar position to Kelly's on the other side. Why did Rodney choose Carolyn and Will for his Final four? Remember, I compared it to a Fantasy Draft: he picked players just to fill his team because his choice seemed to come out of the blue. Since then, it's surfaced from Hali and Jenn that Kelly, Carolyn and Will got very close before the merge. So, while Rodney was the one that we heard talking, there is no doubt now that it was Kelly who created that four, that she brought Carolyn and Will to join one of her original allies, Rodney. Strangely, she was in just as much a weak position as Joe after the swap, but, just like I told you, she was a brilliant social player.

It took an idol to get her out. Imagine if Jenn's idol had been wasted, the vote going against Hali instead: Kelly would be in the center of two alliances, one with Rodney, Carolyn and Will, another with Mike, Sierra and Dan, neither thinking she was with the others, both telling her their secrets. She'd be in Kim's position, ready to choose her side.

Likewise, Joe could have made something out of nothing just by being more proactive instead of waiting for someone to make a proposal.

04-28-15, 06:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
I’m not sure where to start trying to decipher through your home-spun fanfiction. LOL

I guess I’ll start with the easiest one to contradict. Joe and Kelly’s post tribal swap positions were not similar. Kelly found herself between 3 Whites and 3 Reds initially securing that coveted swing vote position. As long as NuNagarote maintained that 3-3-1 she was sitting pretty.

Joe was the single in a 4-2-1 split where that coveted position was gifted to the castaway who would have no doubt been the next boot had Escameca went to tribal again without a tribal swap.

I respect the fact you like Kelly as much (if not more) than you dislike Rodney, but I’m not as eager to give her the credit for Rodney’s F4 (even though I think Rodney is a douchebag.) I always get a kick out of your “fantasy baseball” analogy when analyzing Rodney’s choices but I do give him props for being able to pounce on opportunities to pull someone in.

The reason Rodney was able to secure Will was because Mike lied to Will having him cast his vote at TC differently than everyone else to “test his trust.” Will passed the “test” but now appropriately questioned Mike’s trust and Rodney was right there to take advantage of that without Kelly’s help.

Even in the last episode we saw Rodney attempting to do the same with Dan after Mike’s ill-advised antics. You certainly could not credit Kelly for that because she was back at home probably waiting for a barroom brawl to escalate to a danger level before getting involved. (Now’s my turn to yank YOUR chain.) Ha-Ha.

Your elaborate sequence of hypothetical instances to portray a positive image, or presume bad luck, of Kelly is entertaining.

If I may join in the fun, I have a proposed hypothetical fanfiction situation of my own. If Mike does not throw the challenge, NuNagarote goes back to TC this time without the 3-3-1 split putting Kelly at risk. So no longer possessing that gifted swing vote Kelly gets booted and doesn’t even make the merge, thus Jenn’s HII play and “they could have voted Hali instead” are not even factors in your painting of Kelly as the next coming of Kim.

04-28-15, 09:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
We know from Hali and Jenn that Kelly, Carolyn and Will formed a tight group. We know from Rodney's confessional after Kelly was booted, that he considered her a strong ally. It's not much fiction to say that she introduced the three to each other and that it was because all three liked her that they made a Final 4 pact. I don't understand your hesitation to admit this.

In a 4-2-1 split, the ones that are most in danger are the 2, especially in a season where we heard that power couples had to be eliminated immediately. Joaquin was no slouch either in challenges if you remember the basketball challenge where he completely smoked Joe. He also showed he was a great swimmer.

So why did Joaquin make an alliance and not Joe? Rodney and joaquin obviously went about it the wrong way (I couldn't believe that Joaquin could be so dumb as the tell Sierra that he would handle Rodney) and that cost him dearly but, compared to Joe, he was proactive at the swap. There were cracks in Blue for Joe to exploit.

04-29-15, 06:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
Rodney initiated the "East Coast" bromance with Joaquin. He was deadest on Anti-Darwining Joe immediately after the tribal swap so no way Rodney even entertains any thoughts of aligning with Joe even if Joe tried to initiate it.

In a 4-2-1 split if the 4 is a tight group then the 2 and 1 are in danger. But the four were anything but tight. Sierra gets the heave-ho if we had no swap and Escameca goes back to tribal. That's why Sierra was gifted the coveted swing vote position. Joe was still the lone wolf with a target on him the size of Alaska.

If YOU remember Joe took a step back in the basketball challenge hoping to minimize the huge target on him, so I would not conclude Joaquin "smoked" Joe in that challenge.

I'm not disputing Carolyn and Will may have formed a bond on NuNagarote. But Rodney proactively reeled in Will after the TC where Mike pretty much hung Will out to dry and was ripe for the picking. That was Rodney's opportunistic play.

04-29-15, 07:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "

>I'm not disputing Carolyn and Will
>may have formed a bond
>on NuNagarote. But Rodney proactively
>reeled in Will after the
>TC where Mike pretty much
>hung Will out to dry
>and was ripe for the
>picking. That was Rodney's opportunistic
>play.

It's too late to comment on the rest but I just wanted to point out that you got your timeline crossed. Rodney talked about the F4 (that Kelly brought together!) right after the merge and it was only AFTER that Mike told Will they were voting against Hali.

suzzee 5762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-15, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
I believe you're right about over sharing personal info. Never give someone else you're competing with the bullets to shoot you with. I blame social media for that.

Ladies and Gentlemen, David Bowie <2015>

04-27-15, 05:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
You have to give a little bit of trust in order to get trust.

kingfish 18232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-15, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
The commonality for any successful confidence game.

04-28-15, 06:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
I know I’m not suggesting (and I trust suzzee as well) that a castaway turns recluse and avoids interaction with others and not create any social bonds. You just need to be intelligently selective as to what personal information you share to “give trust” and “get trust.”

Playing the game as a “Blue Collar” yet informing your competition you have an oil field waiting for you in Texas in NOT intelligently selective. Even if you stand by your chauvinistic views, announcing to females “women need to hold themselves to a higher standard” is NOT intelligently selective. And bringing up your real life domestic violence past to be hurtfully thrown back in your face is NOT intelligently selective.

04-28-15, 09:51 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
It appears that Shirin never talked about her early childhood before TC. And I don't remeber Mike saying he owned an oil field, just that he worked in the oil industry. You know, a Blue collar job...

04-29-15, 06:10 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 10 "
Early on in a Rodney confessional he pretty much referenced Mike's oil status and much more than just a common blue collar laborer. That had to have come from Mike.

Shirin HAD to have mentioned her broken family childhood for Will to say the things he did at camp before TC. Unless Will has innate mindreading skills...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •