The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-09-15, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
How appropriate the title of this episode was “Keep It Real.” The “real” messages here are good things happen to those who put out optimum effort; and the opposite fate await those who follow.

1) JOE – The guy’s a stud. How ironic the RC puzzle was an anchor...perhaps serving as a metaphor as being the Anchorman for No Collars. When he was asked initially to choose three for Reward, conventional wisdom would dictate bringing the three who voted with him to boot Kelly. Although he was anything but “foolish” reeling in the swing voters. Not only a challenge beast; he can perform basic math as well. His optimum effort was rewarded yet again in the IC. Even Host Probst referenced the threat of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome when putting the IN around his neck.

2) MIKE – The “Spy Shack” is back! LOL Hey, it served Tony well in Cagayan. He utters the quote of the season, “People who find idols are the ones who work the hardest.” HMMM, now where have we heard THAT before?? THANK YOU MIKE!!! Great HII find...and he’s not even a vegetarian. At least I don’t think he is...vegetarians wouldn’t eat termites.

BIG DROPOFF>>

3) CAROLYN – Other than acknowledging Joe’s smart RC decisions, not much doing this episode. But less can be good as she continues to lurk in decent position. Glad to see she wasn’t involved in the girl pillow talk session when the other females were trying in vain to form an all-girl alliance at this latter stage of the game.

4) TYLER – “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.” Or so it would appear since everyone seems to want a piece of this Charles Schultz icon. First Carolyn shows him her HII, then Joaquin shares his idol clue, then Rodney includes him in his F4 plans, then Joe selects him first to join him on Reward, then Shirin approached him to vote out Dan, etc., etc. It may have been ill-advised to recite the clue to Mike, but Joe doesn’t seem to be sore about it so he may come away from that unscathed.

5) RODNEY – The energy he exerts whining about Mike thwarting his prior Anti-Darwin attempt against Joe may be better served by stepping up to the plate and performing better in challenges. Even so, if he and his F4 alliance can be patient and stick with the plan, he should be fine for now.

6) JENN – WOW, in one episode she goes from “We’re back in town and ready to win” to thinking about throwing in the towel. I gotta believe the preview was a misdirection. If Joe’s RC choices are a case of moving on to greener pastures, Jenn’s theme may go from “Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner” to “Alliance Breaker, Belly-Acher.”

7) WILL – Other than being a vote he is this season’s non-entity. Like many non-entities before him he’ll be strung along until he needs to win an IC (which he’ll be unable to) and then cut loose.

8) SHIRIN – Day 22 and players STILL don’t know her real name...what does that tell you? Yeah, she’s got a “plan” alright. LOL It’s called when the pathetically inept are allowed to reach the merge and can advance deeper in the game because they’re non-threats. Although that’s not really a “plan” as much as just a sad progression within the game. But I do give her credit for her self-control to not sit on Dan’s head and drown him when he was berating her.

9) SIERRA – Did she really think she’d find herself in TWO swing vote positions in the SAME season? Who does she think she is—Cirie? LMAO. All-girl alliances work when forced-fed by Production on Day One. Just continue to follow Mike and keep on skating.

10) DAN – When you didn’t think he could be any more of a buffoon. He tells Shirin she’s Joe’s puppet, she can’t do basic math, and refers to her as an idiot savant (more idiot)...but really...he’s just trying to be “nice.” I was SOOOO hoping this nitwit oaf would be talking a walk this episode, but enough savvy game players know a perfect goat when they see one.

BOOTED) HALI – For those who thought the “best player” got booted last week, I guess I’ll have to brace myself to read how the “second best player” got eliminated this week? *snort* Thanks for another “Merican” History lesson. Flippers can win; so can coattail riders—but this one won’t.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-11-15 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-12-15 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-12-15 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-12-15 4
               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-13-15 5
                   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-13-15 6
                       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-13-15 7
                           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-14-15 8
                               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-14-15 9
                                   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-14-15 10
                                       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-15-15 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 754 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-11-15, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
In this game, the only good thing is to make it to the end in such a way to have a chance of getting the votes. That means it still could be good to simply follow. Also, while Mike had to work hard, some people simply stumbled on idols, Ralph for example. So it's not true that idols ALWAYS go to those who work hardest.

1- Mike: That being said, I prefer watching the players that aren't afraid to lead. I especially love it when someone comes up with a new wrinkle and telling everyone that he saw Joe putting an idol in his pocket was brilliant. Not only did it lead Joe into laying low to carry the bluff but it stopped everyone else from searching. Despite the time Mike spent looking for the idol, it's doubtful that the others will suspect he was looking. The funny thing is that he found the idol on the ground so there should be another one hidden somewhere under the jungle's canopy.

Joe: It seems that we will be in for an epic battle with Joe Outplaying everyone while Mike is Outwitting them. Who will Outlast? Although he made some good picks, he should have spent more time talking about the game. Once again, he came out of this without new allies.

3- Carolyn: Sometimes a big participant in the action, Carolyn can also look like just another sheep at times. The best thing about her story is that the others continually skirt around her big secrets. First, everyone talked about the dangers of power couples but no one tied Carolyn to Tyler. Now Dan realized that there had to be an idol in Masaya and that Tyler and Carolyn were very sure that Shirin didn’t have it but he didn’t make the connection that the best way to be sure someone doesn’t have the idol is by knowing who does.

4- Jenn: Trouble doing math, Aruba? You are a Survivor fan after all so maybe that explains it. If Jenn talks about quitting in the previews for NEXT week then she didn't go from “We’re back in town and ready to win” to thinking about throwing in the towel" within ONE episode but TWO! Since Hali didn't bring her bag to TC then we can assume that the girls thought they had something going so it's normal that she will feel deflated.

5- Rodney: Everyone hates Rodney but he is a very dangerous player since he is able to align voters. It seems unlikely that he will call a truce and change his plan of taking over Mike’s leadership position so it will come to a showdown between the two. Will he be able to make his move in time?

6- Dan: We saw once more that he can’t control his mouth. He has said some mean and unnecessary things to Sierra before and now he is insulting Shirin to the point where the women considered voting him out. The argument between the two Survivor super fans confirmed that Dan doesn’t understand the social game and didn’t change now that he is talking to potential jurors. In fact, he could become so insufferable that he could wind up on the jury himself. He’d become one of those that do nothing but annoy everyone so much that they get voted out, a category that he somehow didn’t mention.

7- Shinniny or whatever her name is (!): Like her "performance" on the balance beam, her game is not gracious but she is hanging on! Her argument with Dan reminded me of the arguments I’ve had on these boards about this game. “Sherie” said she felt sorry for Dan but her words to Hali, Jenn and Sierra showed that she truly resented him. The problem with Shirin is that Dan isn’t the only one she hates. The reward gave her an occasion to patch things up with Carolyn but she was more interested in bashing her former White Collar ally. It probably would have been useful to count on Carolyn if the women wanted to band together... Just saying. When it came time to find the extra vote, Shirin had to go to Tyler instead. That was never going to work for her.

8- Sierra: : We see that Sierra could be a player. Her limited social game reduces her options but she can give interesting confessionals where she explores her different options but, once more, she chose to stay with her Blue Collar allies. That isn't dumb since voting with the girls would have meant giving the game to Jenn and Hali, if not Joe since they were still very much attached to him.

9- Tyler: The scene where we heard him revealing everything to Mike about the idol clue showed that Tyler is playing scared. He didn’t want to try anything that could alienate his ally so he spilled the beans. Mike’s tactic of telling everyone that Joe had found an idol was risky when it came to Tyler. We saw how quickly he sided with Carolyn when she told him that she had an idol so he could have explored his new option with Joe, thinking he’d be aligning with another player that has an idol. The problem with Tyler thinking that Joe had the idol is that he’d become too powerful. Joining such a powerful player would be very frightening for Tyler. The safe plan is to eliminate Joe’s allies until the numbers allow for a split vote to flush the idol. Tyler chose, once more, the safe road.

10- Will: Veni, Vidi, Willy? He came, he saw, he left. That was about the extent of Will’s role in this episode. As soon as the tribe came back to camp, he had a talk with Rodney about being left out of the loop. Satisfied with the explanation, he walked away and wasn’t heard again even if he was part of the reward and held an important vote. We can say that he falls in Dan’s first category: He does nothing and will get voted out because of it.

Booted - Hali: Maybe you found it funny but I was objectively analyzing all the alliances and dynamics when I said that Kelly was probably the best player this season. So, no, I will not say that Hali was the second best simply because she never had more than three allies. She tried though and I don't believe that Sierra is a great actress so she must have seriously considered voting with the girls. Hali's biggest problem was that everyone is afraid of Joe so no one wants to go to his side.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-12-15, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
Generally I agree with your ranking with just a couple minor differences. Whereas I question the rank of these two players I agree with your assessments on both.

You are right on the money with Dan. I hope you are correct that his continued annoyance will be so overwhelming they vote him out more sooner than later despite being ideal goat material. Just personally for me his continued mean and unnecessary treatment of the female castaways prevent him from climbing out of my cellar.

You are also correct with your assessment of Tyler that he is playing way too cautious. Whereas I give him higher marks for the numerous times I’ve cited being so approachable this season, his reluctance to make the big moves and willingness to take the safer paths will get him no votes should he advance to the Finals.

Yes, I agree being a follower can get you to the end. I stated in my ranking that coattail riders can win. Hey, (Samoa) Natalie’s million is just as green as Tom Westman’s. It’s just in my ranking I place a higher premium on leaders as opposed to followers who back into this tag-a-long approach as a so-called preconceived “plan” in an attempt to make themselves look less inept than they are.

I have no idea who Ralph is. If he’s part of one of those seasons where Production gives second, third, or (dare I say) fourth attempts to previous losers which I have a difficult time acknowledging as “real” seasons, I would care not to know. Clearly some castaways did not have to “work hard” to possess a HII. Colton (One World,) Stephen (Tocontins) and Sash (Nicaragua) are examples/exceptions of players having the HII literally handed to them. I think you know where I was coming from when agreeing with Mike’s statement about working/searching hard to find the idol.

The reason for Carolyn’s HII possession and her alliance with Tyler not certain knowledge among the other players is because Carolyn (and Tyler) have done excellent jobs keeping it a secret. Immediately after the merge Carolyn and Tyler made it a priority to not make their partnership obvious unlike Rodney/Joaquin and Mike/Kelly who saw their obvious partnerships dismantled in short order. And their explanation that motor mouth “Shinniny” would be unable to keep her secret contained if she did find the idol is an easy sell to anyone who’s had the displeasure of spending even five minutes with that wackadoodle. Finally for Dan, himself, to even question if anyone from the White Tribe found the HII was very bizarre especially coming from someone on the Blue Tribe who has no knowledge of the idol being found at the camp he’s been at since Day One!

No trouble with my math at all. LOL. The “we’re back in town and ready to win” WAS in quotes whereas the throwing in the towel was NOT in quotes because I was not specifically referencing the preview (which I and most everyone else believes is a misdirection.) I was talking about the reversal of fortune from the beginning of the episode when she was “ready to win” to TC where the total and complete exasperating expression from Hali’s name coming up to the look of the throwing in the towel despair that crossed Jenn’s face when it was official Hali would be the first Juror. BOTH of those opposites did occur in the SAME episode. Math class adjourned.

I don’t recall many Sierra confessionals and the few I remember have been belly-aching over Dan and the tribal swap episode talking about her gifted swing vote position. Neither shows me any indication of a “good player.” I agree with you that sticking with the girls could be giving the game to Jenn or Joe. So sticking with the Blues could now be giving the game to Mike. Seems like whatever her options are she could be giving the game to someone she'd be following...not very “good.”

I like your “epic battle” prediction of (Outplaying) Joe vs. (Outwitting) Mike. In some ways it reminds me of Cook Islands where it came down to (Outplaying) Ozzy vs. (Outwitting) Yul. The difference is, because of the mutiny, Yul and Ozzy played the second half of the season within the same alliance and this led to a climatic 5-4 FTC vote with Outwit edging out Outplay for the victory. This season Joe and Mike are in opposite alliances and the target is way too big on Joe’s back to anticipate a classic showdown between the two power players fighting for the title on the Season’s Finale. But wishful thinking would make it one of the better Finals we’ve had in a long while.

04-12-15, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
Like you, I prefer active players but, for me, that isn't limited to leaders. Just being perceived as a leader can get you voted out so I prefer the players who adapt to the situation. If the tribe doesn't have a leader then the way to adapt is to seize leadership. If the tribe already has a leader then the best course of action is to follow.

While leading takes a lot of energy, keeping everyone happy and preventing any coup, the follower has to be very well connected to the others, understand how they feel. If your leader is well liked, you'll need to find a way to overthrow him. If he is detested then make friends with the jurors and ride his coat tails to the end.

I used to rate Natalie high in Samoa because she made connections with everyone in Galu. In fact, if Russell hadn't found his second idol, she was ready to flip to Laura's side and would have helped her get rid of all the Galu men including Shambo.

This brings us to Sierra. With Rodney and Mike on her tribe, there were no job openings for Blue Collars' leadership position. At first, she unwisely attached herself to Lindsey, not realizing that Rodney and Mike were actually working together. When it dawned on her, she changed her game and got in with them, becoming an important cog in their plans. Voting with the girls would have meant becoming the follower to well liked players. Staying with the Blues means that she is following some players that are detested. That's much more promising so I think she understands the game.

I'll give you a passing grade for your math explanation. Nice save there but throwing in the towel was too much of a direct reference to the previews!

Yes, Ralph played during Redemption Island with Rob and Russell. At the beginning of the game, production tried to plant an idol for Russell but Ralph found it first, picking it up while collecting the firewood that was laying around camp.

Like you, I don't like seasons with returning players because most of the game is planned on paper napkins during Survivor events. Worse however are the seasons that suffer from too much production interference. I feel like Cook Islands was the worst of all. When Jonathan and Adam started talking of an All-Caucasian Final 4, I believe Burnett panicked and did everything in his power to help the Aitu4 make it to the end, including telling Penner it would be in his best interest to flip at the merge. Therefore, while that FTC appeared epic, it left a terrible taste in my mouth. For me, Cook islands is the season when Survivor jumped the shark. Since then, I've only truly enjoyed China, Tocantins and One World.

04-12-15, 07:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
The only reason Natalie lasted as long as she did was because she was the most ignorant/clueless out of the other women in Russell’s dumb-a$$ girl alliance. When the other women with half a brain caught on to the crap he was shoveling, Russell had them eliminated. And if you’re even considering Natalie purposely played dumb to ride his coattails to the end...please spare me. It was a pristine example of ignorance being bliss.

If wouldn’t matter if there were “job openings” for the leadership role on the Blue Tribe...Sierra would not have been qualified to apply. You are correct to bring up her initial blunder to align with Lindsey. That blunder didn’t just “dawn on her”...it was spelled out explicitly after Blue’s TC. And Sierra didn’t “change her game”...the tribal swap changed it for her.

Burnett “panicked” at the prospect of an all-Caucasian F4, yet the same Burnett was perfectly OK with the formation of an all Afro-African alliance the very next season???

Still into those conspiracy theories I see...

So Production tried to MAKE Russell find a HII...

And they told Penner he HAD to mutinize...

You’re really way too much!!! LMAO!

04-13-15, 05:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-15 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

Natalie realized early on that the women who spoke out against Russell were getting booted so she went along with him. If you also remember, Russell first considered keeping Elisabeth but kept Natalie instead because she had connected with Laura while the galu woman was visiting Foa Foa. Natalie was far from ignorant. He was the ignoramus that season, thinking she needed pointers with the jury.

If you read my comment correctly, you would have realized that what dawned on Sierra was that Mike and Rodney were working together. The two had been arguing a lot and since they are both alpha males, it seemed likely that they'd want to eliminate each other so that's why Sierra and Lindsey voted against Rodney. Since the swap left her with Rodney and Mike yes, she changed her game because she voted WITH them instead of against them.

If you remember, the All-African alliance in Fiji WAS NEVER MENTIONED. If you remember further, Survivor lost many sponsors before CI when it was revealed it would be divided along racial lines. Jiffy's only defense was: "Wait until you see how it turns out". So yes, I am absolutely convinced that they were desperately looking for that result. It wouldn't have taken much, just an interviewer asking Penner during one of his confessionals: "Since you work in Hollywood, aren't you afraid of being seen as a racist if you push for an all-white final 4?" Penner even got rewarded for his cooperation by receiving two return invitations.

PS. Production stuffed idols in Hantz's pockets during Samoa and HvV so why not during Redemption island? It was "hidden" under a branch that was laying the ground just outside of camp, just waiting for Russell. They "created" Redemption Island just to make sure that Rob and Russell wouldn't go out without a second chance so why is it hard to believe that thay offered a little more help for those two? The season was built around them so can you imagine if both had left pre-merge? They'd probably have stopped filming and started over with a new cast!!

04-13-15, 06:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
Oh, and when was it MENTIONED by Penner on Cook Islands that his goal was to have an all-Caucasion F4???

Actually in Fiji on the season Premier the pathetic piece of trash Dre FLAT OUT ASKED in the evening hours when it was dark, "Who here is white" and who was black! That's a lot closer to "mentioning" an All-African alliance than anything we heard on Cook Islands.

On the Reunion Show for Samoa, Russell hit the nail right on the head when he appropriately corrected Natalie by saying her best move of the season was following him. So true!

On that same Reunion Show we saw footage and clips of Hantz looking and searching all over the island. Even places where he did not find idols. No one looked and searched harder than Russell that season. If anyone had an "idol stuffed in his pocket" it was Colton. But God help us if we should even suggest any "conspiracies" in the One World season that might tarnish the victory of your darling Kim.

With one castaway being given a third chance and another being given a FOURTH, they should have re-filmed redemption Island with a new cast even before they began the game. THAT'S exactly why I don't care for seasons with returning players that I will never regard as real.

04-13-15, 07:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
You must have forgotten but during the episode that followed the mutiny, Jonathan and Adam agreed on an All-White alliance, planning to go to the Final Four with Parvati and Candice. That's why Adam and Parvati eliminated Jenny in the 2 for 1 Tribal Council even if nate wanted to keep her and boot Jonathan.

Yes, Dre asked who was white but, like I said, no one ever mentioned that Earl made an alliance with the 4 other African Americans. When Dre started to talk about it at the reunion, Jeff quickly changed the subject.

I don't get how mentioning Colton's idol would tarnish Kim's victory. The idol left when Colton quit so it was a total non-factor. Sure Russell looked hard for the idol but they were still hidden in plain sight. Consider the idol he found under the bridge: Russell found it before the players that won a clue for that idol had a chance to start looking for it. That's rigging the game. If the idol had been hidden underground like they used to, Russell wouldn't have found it but it was simply placed on a beam under the bridge. I still don't understand your love for that disgusting bastard.

04-14-15, 06:33 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
There was NO mention of race...Jonathan and A-dum decided on a F4 pact with the players they started the game with. Not an unusual occurrence in the game of Survivor. All I'm saying is Dre made the All-African alliance a whole lot more obvious in Fiji than your so-called all-white alliance in Cook Islands that only happen through your own fanfiction. I didn't need to see any secret scene between Earl and whomever to sense what was going down in arguably one of the worst seasons ever aired.

The only reason this was brought up to begin with was to cite your inconsistency. If Burnett didn't go poo-poo in his pants with the All-African alliance that did result in a F3, he would not have "panicked" hypothetically over an all-race alliance in another season right next to it that only occurred in your imagination.

Colton's gifted HII was a non-factor???!!! Nothing can be further from the truth! The idol gifted to him TOTALLY changed that game and season. Without that hand-out Colton would have been the first boot from the Manono tribe. His idol threw the entire tribe in a tailspin from which it never recovered paving the way to eliminate the physical threats early on...and also paving the way for a Salani winner.

Historically just the knowledge of one possessing an idol had more of an impact on the game than those actually played. So the idol leaving the game with Colton does not minimize the major effect it had on the game that season.

Unlike other fans, I do not allow my hatred for a disgusting person cloud my judgment for that individual as a player who owned the season. I don't love disgusting bastards like Russell as a person, but I'll give credit where credit is due and acknowledge a castaway who searched harder and played harder than anyone else that season.

Yes it's much different now than before when you needed to be a little bit like Nicholas Cage in National Treasure to find a HII. But what happened was players began to get wise that early on clues would be provided to players separated early in the game and consequently castaways like Kathy from Skankivor: Micronesia and Cirie were being purposely selected because they were too pathetically inept to find the idol with clues. Thus the format was changed to where clues were not necessary and those who looked and searched harder were rewarded despite the conspiracy theories you conjure up to discredit players you personally dislike.

04-14-15, 05:36 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-15 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

You're obviously drinking Burnett's Kool-Aid. Fiji was a whole lot funnier than Cook Islands. Since both had horrible game play, I'll always prefer the funnier season.

I'll also let you have Hantz if you want. I don't know what he owned exactly since he got schooled! The guy still didn't understand the game on his third try. Reminds me of someone...

It takes a lot of imagination to think that a Manono would have won without Colton's idol!!!! The young guys were morons and would have been voted out with or without that idol.

04-14-15, 06:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
For the umpteenth time, as a person I would never "want" Hantz. Frankly I would have loved to have seen castaways outplay him and deprive him a seat in the Finals. But since that didn't happen (until the third time when his tribe threw the challenge) what did beat him in the end (or "schooled" as you incorrectly stated) were a couple of disgruntled sore-losing Juries. Nothing for nothing, I can think of other Juries (one rather recent) who would have deprived a few other former winners of their deserved titles had they been as disgruntled and sore-losing as those.

As much of a bastard as Hantz is, I'll take Russell over that Fiji season any day.

I'm not saying with all certainty a Manono male would have won...what I am saying is Colton's gifted idol paved the way MUCH easier for Salani. Being it takes a WHOLE lot more "imagination" to conjure up conspiracy theories, funny you should call the guys morons as opposed to suggesting some more Production "intervention"...although I'm not the least bit surprised for obvious reason.

04-15-15, 06:57 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 8"
First I want to get back to the CI all-white alliance compared to Fiji.

- In CI, Jonathan and Adam had the numbers and were planning to go to the end with Parvati and Candice. That would have given the season the stinking odor of white supremacy.

In CI, Earl's main ally was Yau Man and the editing even made it look like he was closer to Michelle than Dreamz and Cassandra. The main factor that led to that Final Three was Dreamz's "dirty" move against Yau Man. (Yau Man has since said that he wouldn't have given up immunity either)

While production did have reason to panic after CI's mutiny, it had no such reasons in Fiji.

In Samoa like in every other season, the jury was right to award the million to the best social player. Much like you, Russell never understood the social game. The game is certainly not about finding idols and it isn't even about voting out the most people. It's about reaching the end and getting the vote. It's funny that you don't see that simple, basic fact.

As for One World, I'm surprised that you don't like Kim. It's not because I like her that I say she would ahve won even without Colton's idol, it's because she was that much better than everyone else. Since that season didn't have returning players and no risky premisse like dividing the tribes by race, production had very little interest in fixing the game.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •