The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-02-15, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 7"
Can’t remember this much scrambling days after the merge. It made for an entertaining episode. You think before the IC Jeff bothered not to ask about the new tribe name out of embarrassment?

1) JENN – DUH...like who else is #1? Even before the game changing HII play, she nailed it by correctly assessing Kelly’s alliance to Blue. Way to hang tough—bee sting and all. Unbeknown to Jenn, she owes Will big time—I’ll get to that later.

2) JOE – Don’t tell Joe winning challenges are secondary. Way to step up and earn yourself advancement in the game. The expression on his face when asked if Rodney is smart was priceless. Too bad the Anti-Darwin Syndrome will most likely prevent him from any chance of winning (unless he can pull a Terry Deitz.)

3) CAROLYN – She’s been a yo-yo in my rankings this season. But for this episode she did enough to move up. Smart game strategy to keep her distance from Tyler. Yes the challenge catered to the lighter weights but still—a 50+ year-old outlasting the youngsters is major admirable. Still has options and oh...BTW...she still has her HII.

4) MIKE – He may need to reach in his bag of “mulligans” after this episode. He lost his closest ally. The no-collars know he’s calling the shots. And if his post TC interaction with Rodney was “damage control,” whatever he plans to do with Will after this last TC might be Armageddon Prevention. Although he still has numbers he may need to find a HII to put in his bag with those mulligans.

5) WILL – Without even realizing, he was the focal figure in the outcome. Had he not been trustworthy and loyal to Mike and told his original No Collar tribe mates that Hali was the target, there’s an excellent chance Jenn gives her HII to Hali to follow through with the Kelly boot. And what a horrible shame if we lost Jenn at this point in the game.

6) RODNEY – I’ll give him a morsel of credit for not seeking immediate revenge and waiting for the right opportunity to strike later on. As bizarre as this is he could control the game. The four (Rodney, Will, Tyler, Carolyn) can stick together with the Blues to systematically take out Joe-Jenn-Hali-Shirin and in the F7 those four can eliminate the three Blues to reach the F4. It’s first grade math...but then again I keep remembering Joe’s expression when asked if Rodney is really smart.

7) TYLER – UGH!...Here’s the part of my ranking where I eat a little crow and state Michel may have been right about Tyler. The guy talked a great game plan but when the rubber needed to meet the road he was the epitome of wishy-washy and that kind of indecisiveness usually gets your torch snuffed. He’ll need a last season post-merge Natalie-like performance to pull it out and I don’t think he has it in him. I’d like to make a request—cook my crow well-done please.

8) HALI – For all the accolades I’ve been hearing about Hali’s “rewarding connections,” she ( and perhaps Jenn too) may have missed the boat big time for not fluttering her wings Carolyn’s way at the most crucial point of the game. How badly does Production want to keep giving screen time to the season hottie? As a result of some redneck pronunciation of our Country’s name, we have to sit through her Yankee Doodle Dandy interpretation of the US Constitution. If she wins the million, Riding Coattails may replace the Constitution as her favorite blueprint.

9) SIERRA – After using her tribal swap gift what was next for Sierra? Doing what Mike told her to do. Way to keep “marvelously” navigating a “tricky situation.”

10) SHIRIN – Granted the tribe name is silly, but do we take her Sarah Palin response any more seriously? So what if Jeff assumes you’re a swing vote...what’s wrong with that? It got Sierra to the merge. I guess it’s more admirable to be in a 4-person alliance with eleven players remaining??? She did provide one of the more laughable moments when asking Dan if he wanted her to pee on his foot. GEEZ, this gal will find any reason to drop her panties.

11) DAN – If we have to hear one more time he’s not as dumb as he looks, I may have to commission Shirin to pee on his head. Now he informs us he’s tougher than he looks. What would REALLY make me happy is if he could be more invisible than he looks.

BOOTED) KELLY – Tough break falling victim to the HII. Well we know Jenn didn’t possess the HII by sitting back, analyzing, and thinking. Whereas some may spin that laid back UTR approach as savvy game play encrypted in a “noteworthy” edit to be deciphered like a Nostradamus quatrain, it’s probably more a simple case of the Arubaism, “You are, who you are, who you are.” Now Kelly has a long plane ride home to do what she does best...sit back, think, and analyze. In closing here’s some advice...Don’t patronize a bar in her jurisdiction.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-04-15 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-05-15 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-07-15 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 04-08-15 4
               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 04-08-15 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-15, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-15 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

Who should be number 1 instead of Jenn? Well, the answer will surprise you:

1- Rodney : Maybe no one thinks he is smart but Rodney played the best game out of anyone during the merge. First, it was funny to see that Rodney plays Fantasy Survivor. He makes an alliance much like a player does his fantasy baseball draft: He doesn’t consider the others likes and needs, their prior affiliations or their motivations; he just fits them in his roster and hopes for the best. It’s also funny how Rodney always starts his enumerations with “me, you, etc...” It sure tells everyone who he thinks has to come first! Despite all this, he fooled Mike into thinking that simple "Rodney Maintenance" would keep him in line. More importantly Rodney got Carolyn and Will to vote with the Blue Collars so his plan worked...up to the moment when Jeff asked if anyone wanted to play an idol.

2- Jenn: She did play that idol nicely but why did she even need to use it? For someone that was placed on the No Collar tribe, it's inexcusable to have such a poor social game that people prefered going with Rodney over her. We heard that Carolyn didn't like the No Collars so Jenn didn't use wisely the 6 days they spent together. Her play with the idol gave her side a three day reprieve but it may be all she gets.

3- Mike : He is playing a risky game: Lying to Will to make sure he can be trusted is a great way to lose that trust. Relying on doing some occasional "Rodney Maintenance" is a scary proposition and that could lead to Mike's downfall. In this episode, he faced an even greater pitfall: Jenn's scorpion idol:

Like the scorpion that Mike ate during episode 1, the scorpion put him in alot of pain but, despite losing his closest ally, he survived. Since it didn't kill him, maybe it will make him stronger. I liked that, of all the castaways, he was the only one that didn't complain about the lack of shelter. He simply went to work.

4- Hali: Just like Jenn, she missed the boat when it came to playing the social game but she was right with Jenn in all their strategy discussions so saying she is riding coat tails is simply wrong. The two women are working together and Jenn found the idol only because she doesn't eat meat. Hali tried to get Tyler on board but she failed because the guy is riding Carolyn's coat tails.

5- Sierra: Whether intentional or not, her bad showing in the immunity challenge is the right way to approach this game: When you don't need immunity or when you don't absolutely need to prevent someone from winning it, don't even try to win it. It,s a little strange that she didn't try to get Joe, Hali and Jenn on board with the Blue Collars but letting Mike and Rodney run the show is a great strategy. It's not riding coat tails either: It's letting them hang themselves.

6- Dan: Maybe Aruba didn't notice but Dan, who was the most hated played during the first three days isn't anymore. He fit in nicely, first with the Blue Collars and now in this ersatz "Merica". He isn't as dumb as he looks only because he looks extremely dumb but his game is working precisely because he is invisible on the others' radars.

7- Carolyn: The merge gave her new life and we can understand why she would choose to go with the wiser Kelly over Jenn and Hali but Carolyn wasted a tremendous opportunity: Had she pretended to be close to the No Collar girls, she may have heard about their plan and she would have been able to save Kelly. Now, Carolyn lost the player that connected her to her new alliance and she won't be trusted by her former Nagarote Tribe mates. That isn't the ideal position.

8- Joe: I'll certainly tell Joe that winning challenges is secondary. It helped him in one round but now what? He'll need to win EIGHT more before it means anything! If anyone in No Collar is riding coat tails, it's Joe. The guy had 6 days to connect with Mike, Rodney, Dan, Sierra and Tyler yet, at the merge, the only new ally he could count on was SHIRIN!!! He couldn't even keep Will in the fold. INEXCUSABLE. A strong guy should plan for the merge, know that he will need numbers so Joe is simply too dumb to Survive in this game. Darwin would say that you have to adapt to survive and Joe simply didn't adapt to the individual game. He won one challenge and Jenn's idol kept his numbers intact but he will need someone doing something crazy to last much longer.

9- Will: He gambled on Rodney's Final 4 but his new ally kept him in the dark about the vote. Will has to wonder where that leaves him. The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. Just like Will's game which rests in Rodney’s hands. That can’t be a comfortable position.

10- Tyler: I'm glad that this episode opened your eyes to "Charlie Brown"! I won't be forcing you to eat crow however since we've both been wrong before and will make more mistakes in the future. From what was shown in this episode, Tyler gave his vote to the Blue Collars with nothing more in return than a shoulder massage. Unlike Carolyn, he didn’t get a Final Four deal and he knew that Mike’s desire to work with him was mostly due to circumstances. And people say that today’s players are savvier than the old players! Tyler’s response to Hali reminded me of Big Tom in the All-Stars’ final 5 when he was so proud of his new found swing position that he openly flaunted it in Boston Rob’s face. http://www.funny115.com/v1/88.htm
Why didn't this happen to Tyler? Ok, Final 12 is trickier than Final 5 but the principle is the same: Eliminate the fence sitter.

11- Shirin: She made it clear during Tribal Council that she was throwing her lot with the No Collars. That’s wasn’t surprising since most of us figured she should have been cast with them from the start. The problem is that she now stands on the wrong side of the division and she told everyone she isn't willing to compromise. Even if Shirin was to make it to the end, who would vote for her?

Booted - Kelly: Without fully realizing it, Jenn eliminated the best player this season. This episode showed us the full scale of Kelly's game: Both Mike AND Rodney considered her their closest ally. We already knew about Mike but her inclusion in Rodney's Final Four means that he valued and trusted her greatly. She didn't even blab this to Mike, meaning that she was keeping her options open. More importantly, it told us that the reason the Blue Collars were sticking together was because Kelly was able to bridge the abyss that separated Mike and Rodney. Since we heard that all the Blue Collars knew about the plan to throw the challenge, then it's likely that Sierra considered her a close ally also. Sierra certainly looked pained when she told Kelly she loved her as the police officer walked over to Jeff.

Kelly was also the one that was able to bring Carolyn over to the Blue Collar side, getting Tyler in the process. And, since she spent 6 days with him, it wouldn't surprise me that she played a big role in convincing Will to flip. With her gone, Blue could collapse much like Galu collapsed after Erik was voted out.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-05-15, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-15 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

I’m not surprised you have Rodney ranked high. I actually considered putting him as high as #4 on my list for all the reasons you stated. But an overwhelming majority of the criteria for my ranking is based on the most current episode and Jenn simply had the best episode followed by Joe and Carolyn. If I made myself privy to spoiler updates and alerts I would suspect my ranking might differ a bit but that’s not something I do.

We do agree that the No Collar girls missed the boat with Carolyn but we probably differ on why they leaned more toward Shirin as opposed to Carolyn. You’re probably sick and tired of me harping on a fact you do not want to fully acknowledge but Shirin is 30 and Carolyn is 50—nuff said on that.

Players will always discuss who they wish to align with, who they want to target, who they want to vote out, etc. etc. amongst each other. But to interpret these discussions as a perfect 50/50 partnership is erroneous more times than not. Someone takes the lead and others will follow. Jenn has definitely taken the lead and Hali has been more of a coattail follower in this “working together” relationship. And to credit Jenn's vegetarian diet for finding the HII is as weak as it gets. SEVERAL days past before the chicken dinner. Fact is Jenn searched and played harder than the others and earned the advantage she found.

Following tribe mates/players who take a more proactive role playing the game is the exact example of coattail riding. Only one with a PhD in Spinology would twist that as great strategy. Hey, if other players are moronic enough to let other castaways get away with that then they could benefit. But for the purpose of my ranking, they’ll get no high points for that meek approach.

Aruba always takes notice of castaways who are disliked, hated or annoying only to be taken deep into the game. It’s called taking the perfect goat to the Finals and those goats will ALWAYS "fit in nicely" with anyone who wants to win the game; but they will not "fit in nicely" within my rankings.

As stated above thanks to the greatest divide in Reality TV, Carolyn had little to no shot bonding with Jenn and Hali. She knows that fact so she needed to explore other options and that’s exact what she did after the merge hence my high ranking for her THIS episode.

Let me repeat, when the season started with three tribes Joe did anything but ride coattails. Fact is the tribal switch screwed him over more than anyone else and he’s been reeling ever since. Clearly he’ll need to do more than win eight more ICs...and that could happen by maybe finding a HII or a season twist/curveball thrown at the players that may benefit him in an opposite manner than the tribal swap twist that put him back. But in order to have any chance of these possible opportunities the task at hand was to advance and winning the IC was his ticket for advancement THIS episode...nothing “secondary” about that.

Once again you apply your spinology inconsistently to blow sunshine up the butts of your favs and criticize those you don’t. Funny how you spin coattail riding as “two castaways working together” or “great strategy” when assessing Hali and Sierra’s game, yet that same assessment is not given to Tyler. Actually it’s not “funny,” after all these years it’s rather predictable.

WOW, you’re taking the Kelly boot much harder than most by dubbing her the “best player this season.” The best player this season would NOT have been so obvious aligning with Mike (and the other Blues following him.) If she truly was the “best” player she would have taken the same approach as Carolyn who purposely kept her distance from Tyler to not raise suspicion. Clearly Kelly did not do this, so clearly the “best player” was not eliminated.

I never did catch how the HII looked but the fact it was a scorpion on the idol that made Mike’s stomach turn (again) was a comical irony. Nice catch! LOL

04-07-15, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 7"
"If I made myself privy to spoiler updates and alerts I would suspect my ranking might differ a bit"

I assure you that I don't have spoilers about the season's outcome and that the only factor that made me rate Rod at #1 is because of this episode.

"We do agree that the No Collar girls missed the boat with Carolyn but we probably differ on why they leaned more toward Shirin as opposed to Carolyn.

During the 7 days that Jenn and Hali spent with Shirin and Carolyn before the merge, we saw that they liked Carolyn and would have been happy to send Shirin to Loser Lodge. Age didn't play a role here. It was simply that Kelly acted more quickly than Jenn and Hali and brought Carolyn over to the Blues where Rod sealed the deal with that F4 offer. Rodney is one year younger than Hali and only 2 years older than Jenn yet he got the "old" folks, Carolyn and Will, on board. Why couldn't Jenn and Hali?

"And to credit Jenn's vegetarian diet for finding the HII is as weak as it gets. SEVERAL days past before the chicken dinner"

I suppose that your memory is playing tricks on you because the ONLY time we saw Jenn look for the idol was when Joe and Hali decided to kill the chicken. Like Kimmi, Jenn had to take a walk out of camp and she used the time to search for the idol. Without that, who knows if she even searches for it.

"when the season started with three tribes Joe did anything but ride coattails"

When the season started, Joe made the foolish decision to split the votes between Vince and Nina which was equivalent to giving those two and will a run of the tribe. Joe was damn lucky that Nina blabbed to Will. Since then it seems that Joe has learned his lesson and lets the others decide.

Hali and Jenn discuss their votes together. They act as equal partners which was abundantly clear when Jenn said it was important they learn which one was the target. The implication was clear: Jenn was ready to give her idol to Hali. Carolyn TOLD Tyler to vote against So. This episode, Carolyn got herself in a F4 alliance that didn't include Tyler. Carolyn has never mentioned that the idol could be given to Tyler. Those two aren't playing as equal partners.

Yes, Kelly could have pretended not to be close to Mike but that wouldn't have fooled anyone. Just like no one must be fooled by Carolyn and Tyler. Even Jenn and Hali didn't hide their closeness or how tight they were with Joe. So, if we go by that rule, no one is the "best player"!

I rate Kelly high because she was in an alliance with a majority of players and she was the player with the most influence. She kept Rodney and Mike together while they wer eon Blue. A whole tribe threw a challenge to protect her while Carolyn and Will followed her over to the Blues. That shows her superior social game.

04-08-15, 06:51 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 7"
Any closeness formed between Carolyn and Jenn/Hali during the 7 days prior to the merge was a result of Carolyn’s proactiveness to covet that swing vote position the tribal swap gifted to Sierra and Kelly. When Jenn/Hali eventually chose between the two white collar women, age came into play.

When you have a castaway like Rodney who by your own assessment forms alliances like “drafting fantasy players,” age will not be a factor. Simply put, this guy’s all over the place. Sure his post merge attention was toward the “older folks.” Yet on day one he formed a bond with someone his age (Lindsey.) Then he gravitated toward the older males to vote out Lindsey. Then he tried to establish a bromance with a guy his age. Then he goes to older folks...and so on...and so on...

I can’t believe I’m wasting any more time on this silly “Jenn finds the idol because she’s a vegetarian.” We all know every castaway is sequestered regularly to give confessional interviews away from the other players. This provides time to search for a HII before they return back to camp. To suggest the chicken dinner was the only time anyone on the Red Tribe had to search for the idol is utterly absurd.

On the subject of the HII, having the numbers to split the vote is not foolish to prevent the HII from fouling up your plans. We saw firsthand this past episode what could happen. How was Joe to know the HII was not yet found at their first TC? And if it was “foolish” then your gal followed that same foolishness when Hali voted the way she did at Nagarote’s second TC. After the tribal swap Joe had little choice but to let the majority decide being the lone No Collar on NuEscameca.

Tyler/Carolyn’s alliance is no different than Jenn/Hali other than the tribal swap did not separate Jenn & Hali. And let’s not forget it was Tyler himself who initiated this partnership by approaching Carolyn to confirm her name would be coming up at TC. Carolyn’s response was sharing her HII possession with him.

OK, so Joaquin and So’s “neutral choice” lie had absolutely NOTHING to do with Tyler voting out So...the reason he did was because “Carolyn told him so?” That suggestion is just as silly as needing to be a vegetarian to find the HII at the Nagarote camp.

On to Episode 8…

04-08-15, 07:35 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 7"
Hold your horses! Not so fast to episode 8. I can't let you get away with this.

"When Jenn/Hali eventually chose between the two white collar women, age came into play."

Chose? You mean Jenn and Hali CHOSE to be in the minority? They needed to keep BOTH Shirin and Carolyn on their side. They also needed to keep Will and that still only meant 6-6. Good social players should have been able to form alliances but they failed.

"I can’t believe I’m wasting any more time on this silly “Jenn finds the idol because she’s a vegetarian.” We all know every castaway is sequestered regularly to give confessional interviews away from the other players. This provides time to search for a HII before they return back to camp. To suggest the chicken dinner was the only time anyone on the Red Tribe had to search for the idol is utterly absurd."

I like to go by what the players say, not by fanfiction. This is Jenn's confessional during episode 4: “Everyone is at the camp, cooking and killing and gutting and doing whatever to the chicken. It really bothers me to see that so I am out here getting firewood. Of course, I am going to poke and prod around for the idol but my confidence of finding it is at about 10 percent. All these trees look the same. Without a clue it’s like a needle in a haystack.”

10% chance? Needle in a haystack? That tells us that Jenn thought that searching for the idol was a waste of time so she likely hadn't been looking for it until she found herself with nothing but time on her hand since she couldn't go back to camp.

Tyler really liked Joaquin. In fact, the three guys had an alliance at first. But, with Joaquin wanting to eliminate Carolyn and Max going after So, Tyler didn't know which way to go. It was only when Carolyn told him about her HII and that she wanted to eliminate So that he made up his mind so, in a shorthand sort of way, you can say that Carolyn told him to vote for So.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •