The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2048 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-23-14, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-14 AT 08:26 PM (EST)

What's Jeff been smoking in San Juan del Sur? Unless it's a proven nutritional fact that eating rice helps you solve puzzles, I wouldn't draw a correlation between Old Hunahpu eating double portions and winning their challenges. Also, when Ep. 5 IC is all physical will "couple communication" really matter all that much when it's one tribe with five men vs. the other tribe with three (two of whom are over 50?) Even so, my 14-year old cat shows more effort moving the litter to cover her poop than the Nu-Coyopa displayed in the sand with TC on the line. Geez Louise!!!

1) KEITH - Still my Fav. Along with Jeremy, he was a "loser" when everyone unwrapped their new buffs. Having a HII eased the sting, but Missy playing the role of overprotective mother allowed "Huck Finn" to keep on fishing while the new tribe imploded to his benefit.

2) BAYLOR - She's got mommy wrapped around her little finger. Whether that will help her game in the long run is yet to be seen. Whatever her fate, I find her confessionals fun to watch and listen to. Speaking of which, hey Sweetie, please don't push mom for #4. With the World Series in full swing, I think the "three strikes you're out" rule should apply.

3) JEREMY - Without the tribal switch he probably coasts to the merge. Now he has to work harder for it; and that's what he's doing. He may not have lost his "moron" Drew, just simply replaced him. And solid effort in the IC.

4) NATALIE - Still don't like her, but the girl came to play the game. She's working hard to try to form alliances even though a Josh-Reed-Wes-Alec alliance appears to be a likely scenario.

5 & 6) JON/JACLYN - I'll combine these castaways as they appear to be joined at the hip...or should I say lips. Jon was the big winner with the switch. He goes from next on the block to swing vote(s) with his GF. First mention of his terminally-ill father since the Premier. Was it brought up to feed Jaclyn's story or are we getting setup for another Jenna M. exit from the game?

7) JULIE - She looked absolutely awesome covered in mud. Do I really need any other reason to rank her in the middle of the pack?

8) DALE - Considering how Nu-Hunahpu was belly-crawling to Jeff for more food, his concern over Missy continuing the same approach with Nu-Coyopa's food supply was understandable. But that's neither here nor there. The fact that Baylor whined to Momma Bear that Big Bad Wolf Dale was targeting her was all Missy needed to hear to draw the line in the sand. The feud was inevitable even if Rice-gate didn't occur. Now as a primary target he has no choice but to pull all the stops, but I really don't see how the fake idol will work? Baylor and Old-Coyopa know Rocker walked out of the game with the HII in his pocket.

9 & 10) JOSH/REED - As with Jon/Jaclyn I'll pair them together also because they may need to get a room too--OH, that's right...they're saving themselves for marriage. *snort*
Really now, did Production need to show two dudes sucking face? And if they did, howabout some "equal time" showing two girls doing the same??? Yeah I know, it's a guy thing. OK, I'll just move along with the ranking...

11) MISSY - Coming to the aid of her little girl is just another in the long list of examples where Missy is playing this game on emotion. I can understand it on a personal level. Going through three husbands makes her covet her daughter all the more. But I have never been an advocate of playing the game of Survivor driven by emotion.

12) ALEC - Based on this episode, Alec could be that all-advantageous swing vote should Nu-Hunahpu goes to TC. If so, like many before him in that similar position, it just fell into his lap.

13) WES - Last week his claim to fame was out performing a 50+ year old. This week he tossed bean bags pretty well. Other than that, I'll agree with Michel and say, "I got nuttin'"

BOOTED) KELLY - A casualty of war. She did right by pulling dad aside before Rice-gate boiled over into a shouting match with the "B!tch." She also appropriately noted it was Baylor who initiated the squabble with Dale. But in the end Jon/Jaclyn held the cards. Through no lack of effort on Kelly/Dale's part, the Love Birds decided to go with Baylor and her mom. I can understand Jaclyn feeling she might work better with Baylor over Kelly because after all they've been together since day one. Also, Jaclyn did cast a vote against fire-provider Dale at the first TC so it may be a legitimate concern whether Dale completely buried that hatchet. In any event, it's too bad because I thought Kelly would have done well moving forward.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 Agman2 10-24-14 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 Aruba 10-25-14 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 suzzee 10-29-14 6
           RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 personofinterest 10-29-14 7
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 michel2 10-25-14 3
   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 Aruba 10-27-14 4
       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 Aruba 10-28-14 5
           RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5 personofinterest 10-29-14 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Agman2 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-14, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
wow, it's quiet in here!

I wonder if everyone's at a challenge?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-25-14, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
Tell me about it. Production needs to go back to its "roots" when the word "Survivor" truly meant something. The show is only as good as the cast.

Whereas you'll always have a few who will champion the weak and inept, some of us long for what used to be and cling on to the hope it will return. But most just decided to pack it in and stop posting.

suzzee 5529 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-14, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
It's New Survivor, with Jiffy as the grocery delivery boy. Ugh, how about a rat cookbook instead.

I should be watched....closely.

personofinterest 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-14, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
Like your analogy of Jiffy as a delivery man!

A friend of mine was living in Kenya during the Africa season. There was a lot of talk among folks that the contestants were being fed quite a bit off camera. I don't know if that is true or not, but those were the rumors.

I know they won't let people starve, but it seems that there isn't much consequence for not rationing. I could see providing clean water as that isn't always available (even with boiling).

My guess is Jeff will take away some of their shelter but then in three game days they will merge and go back to the better camp!

michel2 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-25-14, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
I think it's fairly well established that humans perform better when they are properly fed so I don't understand your problem with Jeff's words. Remember Yau Man who said that he couldn't concentrate during that memory challenge in Fiji because of Ravu's horrible conditions.

1- Jon: First of all, I don't think the swap saved him. Jeremy had his eyes on him but, with Keith, Kelley, Missy and Reed around, the players with Loved Ones outnumbered Jeremy's singles. Next, I do not believe that it was Jaclyn that made the decision to go with Baylor. I think that Jon trusted Missy more than Kelley and that would have been the deciding factor.

2- Missy: I think the rice incident was Missy's best move up to date. It confirmed her role as the mother of the tribe and she gave her “kids” exactly what they needed: Food. The game in Coyopa was coming down to a power play to align with Jon and Jaclyn and we had just heard that Jon had a craving for the rice. Missy probably knows that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach so it’s possible that this meal played a big role down the line. Who had the upper hand in attracting Jon? Since the choice was between a militaristic “father” who was on rice monitoring duty and a doting mom that kept saying “have some more, have some more” no one should be surprised by the outcome. Also, Missy knew that Dale was getting upset. “He is monitoring me” she said so maybe she added some rice just to irk him even more. Mama bear is out to Save the Cheerleader and she may save the world doing it... or at least Outlast everyone else!

3- Keith The old guy sure knows how to talk to Jeff. He has also attached himself to Missy and Baylor. That makes him part of the alliance with Jon and Jaclyn... maybe a more imprtant cog in that alliance than the Michigan couple realizes.

4- Jaclyn: Maybe Julie looked good in mud but Jaclyn always looks good. We heard that she knows something about strategy and it was nice to see her on that "honeymoon". However, the other players will come to realize around Final 7 or 6 that they have to break up this pair. As soon as Jon wins an individual immunity, the target will appear on Jaclyn's back.

5- Baylor: Her duplicity almost led to Jaclyn and Jon aligning with Kelley and Dale but mom came to the rescue. With Missy, Baylor now has good connections to almost every other pairs. That means, Baylor could play a big role in uniting Josh and Reed to their couples’ alliance. She could also play a big role in betraying Josh and Jaclyn.

6- Josh: Like Jon and Jaclyn, Josh is part of a hot couple and he also had his “honeymoon” moment. In the edited version of the events, Jeremy hasn’t talked to him and it seems that the firefighter was quick to dismiss the couple as possible allies. That could very well be Jeremy’s downfall because, at the merger, Josh and Reed should regain their attractiveness. They could be the couple in demand at that point. However, Baylor knows that Josh is sketchy while no one is connected to Reed so they could be eliminated right after the singles have left.

7- Alec: He didn't seem impressed with Jeremy's "Surround and Drown" tactic. It shouldn't be a surprise because Reed probably informed him of Jeremy's role in eliminating Drew. Alec will probably play a role in helping the couples overtake the game only to be dismissed when he isn't needed anymore.

8- Julie: She has been able to duck back under the radar but, being single, she will soon resume her role as the easy vote.

9- Jeremy: While he is entertaining, he is proving to be a very bad player. He gave up on Reed without talking to him. Instead, he should have tried to attract him and Josh into a Final 4 alliance with Natalie. His dumb alternate plan was to convince Alec to join the players that "killed" his brother. Good luck with that. His social game is atrocious, his demeanor revealing that he considers himself more intelligent than everyone around him. That being said, the swap was very good for Jeremy because the new Hunahpu will probably avoid TC before the merger. Once there however, his bad read of people will continue to hurt him if he tries to get Missy back on board and goes against his old foes, Jon and Keith.

Jeremy started the game with more allies than anyone else but, except for dead-man walking Dale, he now has more enemies than everyone else.

10- Natalie: The leader of the women's alliance suddenly finds herself outnumbered 5 to 2 but the numbers that matter are the couples versus the singles and that could be 8 to 4 if they merge at 12. By staying in Jeremy's shadow, Natalie doesn't stand a chance.

11- Wes: Instead of complaining about the rice, he could have done like his father and tried to catch some fish. The kid still has a lot to learn from pops.

12- Reed : If Dale was a 50 pound bag on Kelley’s shoulders, Reed could be too much baggage for Josh to carry. His actions up to now will come back to drown Josh. No one seems to trust Reed; Keith even has a very valid reason to distrust him. So it will make it hard for anyone to work with Josh for more than a vote or two.

13- Dale: This dead-man walking is reduced to bluffing his way to stay three more days. With the numbers such as they are, no one should worry about that fake idol but who knows how they will react.

Booted - Kelley: Too bad because she was my pre-season pick. I thought her father wouldn't be a threat so she could stay under the radar but the swap killed her game. Like she said, she had no chance to play her own game with her father present and irritating so many people.

10-27-14, 06:18 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-14 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

I think it's fairly well established that two scoops of rice a day is far from "properly fed." Yes it's more than one but if THAT made so much a difference this early on in the season then Production truly assembled a sorry lot of specimens.

Ravu's problems were far from just food issues. They had no water other then the rain they sucked off leaves and lived in deplorable conditions.

Spin it any way you wish but in the game of Survivor the three most critical essentials are fire, water, and food. Any squandering or lack of long range planning of either these essentials is ignorant, stupid, or a combination of both. I'm not going to hold Missy solely responsible just because she cooked the rice; I blame each and every member of old Hunahpu equally for their ignorance/stupidity.

I agree a well-fed man is a happy man...so long as you can keep his belly full. Thanks to a lucky tribal switch, Missy can continue to do so, but it's the nu-Hunahpu tribe as we see in the preview who will have to pay a "stiff price" for the inexcusable blunder. I'm not surprised you would spin such a horrible tribal decision to shoot a ray of sunshine up the butt of one of your favs.

And I'm not sure where you came up with the "save a cheerleader; save the world" slogan??? Fact is Missy reacted the way any overprotective mother would (trying to save her daughter)...a fact Baylor is keenly aware of and she will continue to play the same card (as she did in the Sumo IC, as she did pitting her mom against Dale, etc.) to her full advantage.

I will stand by my assessment that Jon was the biggest winner of the tribal switch, but he was far from the only winner. Clearly the four couples moving on are all very fortunate from the switch. I'm not much for making predictions, but I'll go so far to say because of this tribal switch it's now the couples season to lose. Any single who makes the merge (unless they go on an IC run) is pretty much dead meat. From a fan standpoint it could make the remainder of this season ridiculously predictable. And that's too bad.

I wouldn't be too critical of Natalie for bonding with Jeremy. Let's not forget they were the only castaways to lose a loved one less than a week into the game so I can understand why they got close early on.

What I do agree with is your assessment of Keith and the "Dad" role he could play later on. Especially with two of the couples being Parent-Child and the third a couple of young lovebirds.

The fourth couple (Josh/Reed) may outlast the singles, but when the couples have to start turning on each other, the only couple emerging from nu-Hunahpu will probably be most expendable.

10-28-14, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
I will not be able to watch tomorrow's episode and not sure when I will this week. Just so you know if no list is posted after episode 6.

personofinterest 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-14, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 5"
Hope you are off doing something fun and exciting!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •