The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-18-14, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
At San Juan del Sur in the game of Survivor three things are certain on Day 10. 1) the sun will rise in the east, 2) the sun will set in the west, 3) a tribal switch is imminent in the very near future. Translation: TAKE THE FOOD! Sure comforts are great, but with a tribal switch half of Hunahpu will not receive the full benefit, and half of Copoya will get to sponge off their reward.

1) KEITH - What's a sub-alliance? Yeah OK, dumb as a fox. LOL After an unsuccessful search for the HII, I don't blame him for thinking Jeremy had it. But if at first you don't succeed... His perseverance paid off and now possesses the idol. Or maybe, perhaps, he jumped because Production unexpectedly "threw" the idol at his feet??? Ha-Ha!

2) BAYLOR - OK, I'll give props to Michel and I have to admit she's growing on me. She's a scrapper and I like that. I ranked her high mostly for exercising constraint and self-control when Alec deserved to be slapped the side of his head.

3) JEREMY - Very smart to stick with the women. But dude...what's the deal with the HII??? Unless your name is Colton and you have the idol LITERALLY placed in your lap, it doesn't get much easier. Had Hunahpu stayed intact, he'd be in a great position; now we'll have to see after the switch.

4) KELLY - She knew she was on the hot seat, but didn't freak out figuring Drew would give himself enough rope to hang himself. Her facial expressions when Drew tried to barter with the found flint were hysterical.

5) DALE - Yeah, Drew threw the challenge, but Dale stepped up nicely with the ring toss. That performance bought him more game time and who knows how it will transpire after the switch.

6) JON - Easily emerging as the challenge stud this season. But unless he's Terry Deitz that means he could be post merge (or switch) Anti-Darwin Syndrome victim material. He really needed to sit his A$$ down when getting his first look at the new Copoya tribe. If his TC confusion wasn't a put-on, his physicality is all he's bringing to the table.

7) JACLYN - Great showing at the RC that could have gone either way. Good exchange with BF Jon after the challenge. Nice assessment of their relationship, but not SO sappy I needed a shot of insulin.

8) JOSH - Ep. 3 focus was primarily on him; not so this episode. In his defense no opportunities were presented to him that he was able to take advantage of.

9) JULIE - Whereas I appropriately criticized her for going off on her own and crying, she made a 180 turn this episode by rolling with the John boot and moving on in a positive manner. But unless she partakes in several food rewards, I'm not sure she lasts another 10 more days without wasting away to skin, bones, and silicone.

10) WES - Other than making up ground on a 50+ year old, not much doing with him this episode.

11) NATALIE - With her mouth she'd be an absolute DREEEEAM to sit next to in the Finals. As long as she doesn't wear a muzzle at FTC, your opening statement could be advising Jeff where to wire your $1,000,000.

12) REED - Ranking Reed, I'll need to borrow Michel's assessment from last week, "There might not be many Joshs in Louisiana but I don't think there is a Reed in San Juan del Sur."

13) MISSY - Moved her up a notch for not crying this episode. Other than being a vote, she's pretty worthless; but could be a nice tool for someone later in the game.

14) ALEC - I can understand your dad's approach to raising you so you don't turn into a sissy like Wes. But using that same approach on strangers you've only known for 10 days will have you joining your brother more sooner than later.

BOOTED) DREW - Where do I start? I guess I'll start by borrowing a line of my own, "Drew was more tailor made for the Copoya tribe." When will these mindless players learn it is ill-advised to throw a challenge. Quite poetic the "Ladies Man" gets duped by the Ladies (+ Jeremy.) I guess Hanuhpu can consider themselves lucky that tribal switch is forthcoming because according to Drew they'd be "lost" without him. *snort*

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 michel2 10-18-14 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 Aruba 10-20-14 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 michel2 10-20-14 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 Aruba 10-22-14 4
               RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 michel2 10-22-14 6
                   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 Aruba 10-22-14 7
                       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 michel2 10-22-14 9
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 personofinterest 10-22-14 5
   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 Aruba 10-22-14 8
       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4 michel2 10-22-14 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-18-14, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
Thanks for the props, Aruba. I wonder if I'll be able to convince you on another castaway that I think you are underestimating. I wonder how you will react to this season if my read of the story is right. I am seeing this turning into a battle between the Dumb Guys and the Strong women. It looks like the guys don't stand a chance.

1- Missy: Looking closely at this episode, I was amazed by the role played by Missy. Unlike Reed, she kept Keith’s information to herself, probably realizing that information is more useful kept than shared. Being aligned with both Keith and Jeremy, it would have given Missy a lot of power down the road to break up the brotherhood. She was with the group when Jon and Drew first put the target on Julie and then Kelley but she acted all surprised when Natalie informed her of the situation. She then led Natalie to decide that Drew was the biggest threat, saying that Drew was more dangerous in challenges. Was it because she preferred Jon’s idea of working in pairs? She’d certainly want to keep Natalie in the dark about that strategy.

What I liked most about Missy was that she was presented as the one that knew the most but let the others slowly come to the same realization. She is one of the few Indians, certainly not a chief but she looked like the Indian in waiting, the one that will let the chiefs kill each other. Right now, Missy holds all the cards because she is trusted by everyone. Even Drew told her about his idea to eliminate Kelley. Granted, he didn’t think her vote would matter but he didn’t want to keep her out of the loop which means something in this game.

2- Baylor: With Alec, Baylor seemed to be the only important player in Coyopa. She had a great episode, one that underlined her role in getting rid of Rocker and she told us that the positive energy can work in her favor. A “Blood” alliance would certainly create a lot of positive energy and Baylor could go a long way if she makes it inside the merge’s main alliance considering how well she navigated when she was on the lower echelons of her first one. However, after hearing Alec say that she was a lot like Drew, used to getting everything she wants, I have to wonder about her social game.

3- Kelley: The strong woman that intimidated Drew is in a good position for now. It was nice to hear that she is a fan, we know that she is good in challenges and that puzzles are her specialty and she could be included in Jon’s Loved One alliance. However, Kelley’s story revolved around her conflict with Drew. Players could come to the same conclusion as Drew: Her knowledge of this game makes her difficult to trust.

4- Jaclyn: Miss Michigan is showing that she is a Survivor Lady. A swap could really help her if it puts her on a tribe with a few pairs.

5- Natalie: She was the one portrayed as leading the women’s alliance and knowing how to use the scatter-brains guys. Her intervention at Tribal Council showed that she knows how to play this game, but, to me, it looked like Missy was her "eminence grise."

6- Julie: She was strong enough and smart enough to take John’s elimination in stride, saying that she will work for the team but we still heard that she was useless in challenges and in camp. Julie could outlast many other players even if she is without a Loved One but that will happen only if someone is able to carry her to the end.

7- Keith: He has been dumb all his life so Keith was able to work around his stupidity. Like Jeremy said, he wasn’t on anyone’s radar and, while his latest gaffe momentarily caused him to ping on the firefighter’s screen, this Dumb Guy could go a long way. Sometimes a gaffe can turn into an advantage as we saw when he got people thinking that Jeremy had an idol. Can Keith continue to fumble his way forward?

8- Jeremy:Jeremy may have been the second biggest fool in this episode. We may still think of it as Jeremy’s alliance but it didn’t work that way this week. The girls used his vote for their own benefit.
Since he had the same clue as Rocker, why didn’t Jeremy find the idol? It practically jumped out at Keith so it wasn’t hard to find at all but Jeremy apparently didn’t even bother to look for something that is so important in this game. Also, his argument with Keith certainly didn’t make it look like he didn’t have the idol. There has to be a few members of Hunahpu who think he does have it. Finally, his mention of an alliance with Keith, adding that they could have had sub-alliances with everybody else should have alerted his allies as much as Rocker’s revelation at the Challenge Arena.

9- Josh: It was weird that we didn't hear his plans now that Rocker is gone. He should be the leader of the tribe but the move looked like the vote helped Baylor and Jaclyn more than him.

10- Jon: His comment at Tribal Council showed that he is in over his head. As Jeff pointed out, it can’t be a good thing to enter Tribal Council without knowing who the target is. He was lucky that he wasn’t voted out because that is often the case with the clueless. Now, Jon will have to disassociate himself from his former ally. That will be hard considering that Julie said they were like 2 five year olds, running around together.

11- Alec: We finally got to hear from Alec and it was good to see that he has worked all his life. It distanced him from his slacker of a brother. Being seen as bossy and more immature than a 20 year old cheerleader isn't very good though.

12- Wes: I got nuthin'

13- Dale: Now, he realizes that he neglected the social game? They are on Day 10. Inexcusable.

14- Reed: This week we saw that there was a Reed on the show but he turned into a snitch, running to Jeremy to spill the beans on Keith. The funniest thing was that he wasn't even in an alliance with Jeremy and the vote showed that he wasn't even trusted with the plan to eliminate Drew.

Booted- Drew: The Drewchebag should have worked harder on the Ladies. There are somethings you simply don't do on Survivor and the jackass did more than practically anyone before him. Throwing challenges, calling women b*tches within ear shot, imposing yourself as leader, sleeping on the job, etc...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-20-14, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
"I wonder if I'll be able to convince you on another castaway that I think you are underestimating."

WHOAAAA Nellie, let's not get crazy now! LOL

I wouldn't count on ONE castaway this season reversing my accurate observations of former casting debacles advancing deep into the game primarily for...well, being a casting debacle and/or inept non-threat. I wouldn't react surprised in the least if Missy goes deep into the game.

Whereas I agree with your criticism of Reed for being a snitch, I'm not as eager to give "amazing" props to someone for NOT being one.

Hey, if a felon is convicted of armed robbery they deserve to be imprisoned to serve their debt to society. But on the same token, if an individual does NOT hold someone up with a weapon, I'm not going to proactively nominate them for Citizen of the Year. lol

Sadly Dale was way too hard on himself.
You want "inexcusable," I can give you "inexcusable."
To provide arguably the most important asset in the game (fire) on Day One and STILL come one vote away from being the first boot this season...now THAT'S inexcusable.

Anyone who does not acknowledge the REAL reason for Dale being targeted is simply turning a blind eye to the greatest divide in Reality TV. Nothing Dale could have done would have changed that.

If you feel I'm underestimating Missy, then turnaround is fair play when I have to say I think you may be underestimating Keith when you state he had been "dumb all his life." Granted, he probably didn't give a HS valedictorian speech when he was 17, but I see him as much sharper than his country bumpkin persona. I dunno, maybe it's just me...so I'll stick with my assessment, "dumb" as a fox.

Lastly, with all the spoiler sites on the net, I would never react any which way if one's "read of the story" turns out to be correct. I've stated on many occasions I do not want to ruin it for myself thus I personally do not go that route...of course I cannot speak for all.

10-20-14, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
Don't you think it would have been useful to keep the information on the back-burner? Why would you want to get Jeremy riled up against Keith so early if you didn't want to boot either one? The right time would have been when the alliance is down to the last 5. Then you use the information to create dissension. I think that's what Missy was planning. We know she kept the information about Jon and Drew's plan to boot either Julie or Kelley because Natalie was all excited to tell her about it. Now that is being a fox.

As for Keith, you got me wrong. His competitors have seen him as being dumb ever since day 1 when he talked about breaking the flint. I wrote that he is used to being dumb all his life in comparison to all these "geniuses" we've had over the years who, like Drew, think they know exactly how to win this game. Keith won't make that mistake. He won't try to overthink the game like rocket scientists and lawyers have done in the past. He'll take it slowly, one step at a time and figure it out. Right now, I like Keith more than any other guy this season.

Dale didn't come within one vote of being voted out. It was 5-3-1 against Nadiya, a minority woman who could also claim to have been victimized because of a great societal divide. More than just his age, which is certainly a factor, Dale is in trouble because he doesn't get along with anyone. Even HE said so.

I hate season spoilers and boot lists just as much as you do. I'm only going by my experience of the show's editing.

10-22-14, 06:51 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-14 AT 06:55 AM (EST)

I know what Dale said...that's why I stated HE was being hard on himself.

The reason the vote was 5-3-1 is because wussy-boy Josh didn't have the backbone to take a stand thus casted a throw away vote for Baylor. I guess you missed my point squabbling over silly mathematics...the simple fact that fire provider Dale was even targeted was because of his age. Period. Nothing he did or could have done would have changed that. Hell, if making fire for a bunch of stranded idiots wasn't enough, being the most colorful social butterfly wouldn't have meant spit. His game was essentially over before it started, but we do agree on one thing--he will fall on the sword for his daughter. Should he and Kelly end up on the same tribe I suspect that's what he'll do.

To even insinuate Nadiya's boot was based on ethnicity is ludicrous. No player is eliminated based on race, color, creed, religion, or sexual preference; we have no evidence of that. We have evidence of age being the greatest divide.

Although Jeremy did gravitate toward the women, he forged a one-on-one bond with Keith. So I can understand why Keith felt slighted that Jeremy would not share that he may have had the HII when Keith's first search proved unsuccessful. Missy was not in any similar situation/arrangement with Jeremy.

And when Keith did return to camp without the idol it had to weigh heavy on his mind that others might think he possessed it and would be targeted for something he didn't have. That gave him legitimate reason to feel at risk; whereas Missy has been too much an emotional wreck to be a targeted as a strong threat at this stage of the game.

As for which gender may have the advantage moving forward...I won't even begin to speculate until I see how the tribal switch shakes down. That will make a MAJOR impact on who got blessed and who got screwed.

10-22-14, 05:42 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
Even his daughter said that Dale's social game was bad.

And I really wonder what game you think they are playing. When has this game ever been a meritocracy? There's only been 1 tribe in the history of the show that went by meritocracy: Pagong. Hatch showed us in season 1 that Survivor is an evil game. To suggest that someone should be safe from the vote simply because he made fire is being as dumb about this game as Gretchen, Gregg and the rest of Pagong.

Which brings me to Nadiya's elimination. I don't know enough about these people to say that they voted along racial lines but racism exists. What I do know is that they voted along gender lines. Nadiya was voted out because she was a woman. That is a fact. Gender is just as big a divide as age.

Why Nadiya and not one of the other 3 women? Maybe they only went with Dale's assessment: Nadiya plays dirty. Maybe there was something more unsavory at work.

10-22-14, 06:37 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
His daughter is not even on his tribe, so what she says concerning Copoya has no merit in my mind. I never said Dale has great social skills, all I'm saying is the reason he was targeted at the inception of this game is because of his age.

Yes, gender is a divide but not even close to "as big a divide as age." In a traditional Survivor format (when ALL the castaways are complete strangers) they do their best to even up the gender divide. This does not occur with age. On Realty Shows in general the young outnumber the older by a HUGE margin.
Now THAT is a fact.

Being able to provide for your tribe, be it fire, food, shelter, etc., is not "dumb" in my book. I'll go so far as to say it's an integral part of what defines "Survivor."

Nadiya was voted out because she is an obnoxious idiot. Even a person who lives in Louisiana who "doesn't see many Joshs" knows it's incorrect to refer to a gay dude as "one of the girls." Her unflattering notoriety from TAR didn't do her any favors either. But I'm not surprised you would apply your PhD in Spinology to twist her boot saying it was gender related.

10-22-14, 07:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
It's not spin: The five guys aligned and decided to boot a woman. It cannot be more gender related than that.

What defines Survivor is the social game. That's how it was first introduced: A social experiment.

Jeff never said that the Sole Survivor had to provide anything. It's Outwit, Outplay, Outlast not Outfish, Outhunt, Outbuild. The provider is often just a tool. Take Rupert for example: He is one of the worst players in the series' history while Cirie and Sandra are among the best players ever.

personofinterest 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-22-14, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
My list is about who I enjoy watching (whether it is hate watching or like watching). Strategy is great, but isn't always a big part of why I like who I like. Most of the women moved up, while some of the guys annoyed and moved down.

1. Keith: He is a bit dim, but I still find him entertaining.

2. Natalie: Surprised myself with this one!

3. Reed: Mostly for that awesome leap into the water during the immunity challenge.

4. Julie: She would have been an easy boot but here she is.

5. Jaclyn: Bonus points for suffering with Drew on Exile.

6. Missy: Quietly moving up.

7. Josh: Glad to see his screen time reduced before I started hating him.

8. Jon: Hopefully he will bring back the fun cluelessness this week.

9. Kelley: Loved the eye rolls.

10. Baylor: I would have moved her up more if she hadn't made the "acting like a woman" comment to Alec. Don't insult women. No woman in her right mind acts like him.

11. Jeremy: Getting tired of his mouth.

12. Wes: Speak up man!

13. Alec: At least you outlasted your brother.

14. Dale: I started out liking him and wanting him to do well. He bugs but I am not really sure why yet.

Gone, and hopefully forgotten: Drew. He really made me miss Rocker for a minute there (but only for a minute).

10-22-14, 06:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
"5. Jaclyn: Bonus points for suffering with Drew on Exile."

Nice call on that one! LOL
Had I thought about that when making my list I probably would have kicked her up a notch.

10-22-14, 07:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 4"
Well, Jon is almost as dumb as Drew so Jaclyn is used to guys like that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •