The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2039 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-11-14, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
We've had horrible tribes and we've had pathetic players, But I can't recall ever seeing three castaways self-destruct on the SAME tribe three TCs in a row.

1) JEREMY - Drew is MY moron. Gotta love it. If he knew how his dopey wife hung herself he probably doesn't call out John to his tribe--but I'm glad he did. Love how he baited Natalie...amazing she was able to initiate the trash talk with the hook still in her mouth.

2) KEITH - Big Tom with an IQ over 80. What's not to like about that? You're darn tootin' they'll be no spooning going on with Josh on EI. This guy's a riot! Although he came up short in the RC, still a valiant effort going heads-up against his son half his age.

3) JON - With two of the three scores, clearly the MVP of the IC making TC still foreign ground for Hunahpu.

4) KELLEY - Very little camera time which is a travesty considering her looks. Only noteworthy edit was being on the winning pair with Jeremy, but still my favorite female thus far.

5) JOSH - Christmas came early for Coyopa when simple-minded Rocker admits to making a deal with an opposing tribe mate. But the biggest gift under the tree had Josh's name on it when John compounds his idiocy and tells him he has an idol. Organizing his blindside was as much a no-brainer as a motorist turning on the headlights when driving at night. But scores of former castaways were presented even bigger breaks only to squander gifted opportunities. To Josh's credit he could not have taken advantage of the situation any better than he did. On the negative side, he's got to wear one of the goat horns for going 0-2 in the IC when three scores win.

6) WES - IMO I still think he's a sissy-boy, but he did give Coyopa it's first/only win and was a rare bright spot scoring a point in the IC.

7) BAYLOR - And the other goat horn has to be worn by Josh's partner, Baylor. She is approaching Houdini status. Whereas Houdini had tricks and gimmicks, Baylor has tribe mates who continue to self-destruct. But hey, at least she's putting out some effort and trying to fight for her survival. She deserves props for that; other petunias like her would have just wilted and withered away.

8) DALE - Got to end my love affair with the old guy because I don't see him long for the game. Out of the loop with the John boot through no fault of his own...unless you want to blame him for being born 30 years earlier than most of his tribe mates.

10) REED - Disappointed we didn't get treated to another Rubberband Man move. Other than being strongarmed by John in the RC, not much doing with him this episode.

11) NATALIE - Well I guess apples don't fall far from the tree. There's no doubt in my mind had Natalie picked a yellow buff on Day One, SHE would have been the first voted off this season.

12) JULIE - Granted, she didn't ask to be put in that position, but even so, she handled it poorly. I didn't know they make inflatable dolls to shed tears? The wonders of modern fabrication. I guess Missy found herself a crying partner.

13) JACLYN - If Josh wants to lead Copoya his first order of business is telling Jaclyn to keep her damn piehole shut! The whole idea of a blindside is to ensure the target doesn't have the foggiest idea they're getting votes. The way Jaclyn was talking at TC she may as well had reached into John's pocket and handed the HII to Jeff herself. But thanks to John's oblivious stupidity the "blindside" went as planned.

14) DREW - Hey dude, to get along; you go along. And if getting along means you need to weave a few dumb palm leaves together--THEN JUST DO IT!!! He's more tailor-made to be on the Copoya tribe.

15) MISSY - What a monumental waste of space. She should wear her blue buff like a religious article because if she wasn't on the Hunahpu tribe, she'd be back home with her cheerleaders.

BOOTED) JOHN - And the Copoya Moron Parade just keeps marching on. It's been mentioned already on this post the blunders he committed to put the bullet in his head. Forget turning on the headlights when driving at night...with Rocker (and the other bootees) it's more like the headlights going on automatically when starting the engine. At any rate, I'm SO glad he's gone.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 michel2 10-11-14 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 Aruba 10-11-14 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 michel2 10-12-14 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 Aruba 10-12-14 4
               RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 kingfish 10-17-14 12
                   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 Aruba 10-18-14 15
 My List michel2 10-12-14 5
   RE: My List Aruba 10-15-14 6
       RE: My List michel2 10-15-14 7
           RE: My List Aruba 10-15-14 9
               RE: My List michel2 10-15-14 11
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 personofinterest 10-15-14 8
   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 Aruba 10-15-14 10
       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 kingfish 10-17-14 13
           RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3 Aruba 10-18-14 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-11-14, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
I just wanted to make a comment on what you wrote about Jacklyn. You are implying that her comment to Jeff should have alerted John. She told Jeff that she thought alliances were shifting but, for John, that was telling him that HIS plan was working.

HE was the one that told Jaclyn and Baylor that DALE was going home. So when Jeff asked Jacklyn if another woman was going home, she answered that maybe not, alliances were shifting, meaning DALE was going home.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-11-14, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
Not only "should have" John been alerted...he WAS alerted.

Anyone who was watching that TC could have seen the antenna going up from John's head while Jaclyn was spilling the beans. Now the reason he didn't act on that alert was well documented in my post.

10-12-14, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
Wow! You really believe everything you see. That manufactured reaction from John could have been taken from any time before or after Jaclyn's remark. In fact, it could have been taken from a previous Tribal Council.

Look at the facts as we know them:

- John told Baylor and Jaclyn that the guys were voting to eliminate Dale. Do you remember that? Isn't that a shift in voting? John was apparently breaking up the five guys' alliance.

- At TC, Jeff asked Jaclyn if a woman was going to be voted out. Jaclyn answered that no, she thought alliances were shifting. Do you agree that is what she said?

Why then would that alert John? From his point of view, she was saying that she was going along with the shift twowards Dale that John suggested. It's only because we knew, as viewers that see the overall picture, that the shift wasn't towards Dale but towards John that her remark seemed dumb.

From my POV, Baylor ran a bigger risk of alerting John when she said that they were voting to remove the dark cloud over the tribe. However, John thought that Baylor was insignificant, that her vote would be the only one against him. And John thought that Baylor was insignificant because Josh, whom he saw as his closest ally, had voted against Baylor at the first TC. I know it will pain you to admit it but there are smart players in Coyopa.

10-12-14, 07:38 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
I don't necessarily believe EVERYTHING I see; but on these Boards I will comment on what I see as opposed to commenting on items I don't see, i.e., conspiracy theories, spinning, playing the edit card, etc., etc.

Yes, Dale was mentioned as a boot...Yes, Baylor was mentioned as boot...Yes, John was mentioned as a boot...
Fact of the matter, several names were being thrown out there. Just to play Devil's Advocate perhaps Jaclyn was referring to Dale; my point is why say ANYTHING to suggest to John anyone other than the name he was writing down (Baylor in this instance) could be going home...specifically John himself who knew he had to be at risk with all that went down against him last episode.

John would not give Baylor's comments at TC the same kind of credence; he would appropriately refer to what she said as a dead woman walking who was scrambling and would say anything to try to desperately save herself because in John's mind she was the one going home. But coming from Jaclyn is what raised his awareness.

It doesn't pain me to see smart players on Survivor. As a matter of fact I wish Production would cast ALL smart players to play the game...but we all know that will never happen. I'll meet you halfway and say not EVERYONE on Copoya is stupid and oblivious like Nadiya, Val, and John were. I suppose it's human natural to compare a couple of the others on Copoya to those brainless simpletons and perceive them as "smart."

kingfish 17680 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-14, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
Not to butt in here, but I'll just interject that I couldn't tell whether John's facial reaction was due to a slow realization of his impending doom, or just the confused expression of a dog who just doesn't get what those sounds his master is making mean.

I guess those observations could be semi-equivalent.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

10-18-14, 01:21 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
Hey, butt in all you want. That's what we're here for!

Had John wrote Dale's name at TC a convincing argument could be made that he got bamboozled into believing everyone wanted Dale out...but he voted to send Baylor home.

Actually my point all along was why even give John a reason to think ANYONE other than HIS target would be going home???
Especially when he had to know he was at risk with all that transpired prior to TC. Sadly my point got lost in all this Dale talk.

Well time to move on to an Ep. 4 thread. I will be posting one shortly.

10-12-14, 06:54 PM (EST)
5. "My List"
1- Keith: Keith reminded me of Rudy. Like the Navy seal, the fireman likes the gay guy but not in a homosexual way. There aren't many Josh's in Louisiana but the "Odd Couple" got along marvelously. It could be the basis of a strong "Blood" alliance after the merge. We saw that Keith could have the “Strict Father” role of that new "Family" by his confessional where he said he’d whoop Drew for being so lazy. He is targeting Jeremy which could be dangerous but that conflict will undoubtedly shape this season's story.

2- Baylor: A huge episode for the cheerleader. I really liked the “Fight for herself” attitude she displayed, the alliance she tried to make with Wes, Alec and Jaclyn, and the inclusion of Jaclyn in the vote against John. She was presented as the underdog that was in big danger so we saw her doing all the right things to change the game. Unlike Josh, she had no reservations in booting John because his display at the challenge was “mean and scary”. The “good daughter” isn’t going with the flow which is a rare quality for such a young woman in this game.

3- Josh: He's a clinical player that makes all the voting decisions for his tribe without looking like he is the one in charge. That should certainly enable him to fool Jeremy and most of Hunahpu at the merge since they thought that John was in charge. They will now applaud Josh for his decision. Even Wes and Alec don’t really know his plans, ignoring his closeness to Baylor. His visit to Keith’s “home” told us that he could very well fit the role of the “Good Son” in Keith’s Family but Josh is an alligator, a predator that is ready and willing to kill all his opponents. The problem is that we know that Josh has a blind spot when it comes to Baylor. He sees her as a vote in his pocket, someone that can even receive a random vote without complaining, but we know that Baylor is in “Fight-for-Herself” mode.

4- Jeremy: He made me laugh when he said that Drew will hand him the million. Will it be that easy? Probably not because for Jeremy to win, he will need the singles to take control of this game but it certainly looks like this version of BvW will play out differently. Jeremy will probably feel indebted to Coyopa and boot Julie instead of any of their loved ones. I think he should try to make an ally of Julie because she would never go with Coyopa. Keith is already after him and we know that Missy will go to Baylor's side so who is left in Jeremy's alliance?

5- Missy: She is showing a great social game. She conforted Natalie after Nadiya's elimination, she sympathized with Keith and Wes' situation and she went to console Julie after that distasteful bashing back in camp. Missy is Hunahpu's "Nice Mom" and that can carry her to the merge where she may very well flip and help create that new "Blood" alliance.

6- Jaclyn: I really liked her reaction to John's proposal of booting Dale. "I don't want to vote out Dale, I'd rather vote out John." Also, she helped to trick John at the TC (even if the camera work fooled some into thinking she was blurting out vital info) by pretending to go along with his plan to boot Dale. She could have been voted out next but she now has stepped ahead of Dale.

7- Jon: He won two out of the three points during the IC and didn't do anything dumb... for once.

8- Kelley: Besides helping Jeremy win a crucial point during the IC, there wasn't much from Kelley.

9- Wes: It took him a long time but he finally came to realize that booting John was the right thing to do. He was smart to point out that he offered Coyopa's best match-up for the reward.

10- Julie: She should have seen this coming and prepared her tribe. Now she is like that little bird we saw on the beach, about to be drowned by the incoming wave.

11- Dale: I understand that his only chance was to see the guys alliance remain in control but why get involved in the fight and defend John? His isolation was his own doing: By adamantly saying that he had John's back, he told everyone in his tribe that he couldn't be trusted with their new plans.

12: Reed: Who? There might not be many Joshs in Louisiana but I don't think there is a Reed in San Juan del Sur.

13- Natalie: I don’t understand how she can go in a social game with total strangers and don’t feel the need to use some tact. While she showed a lot of fight, her mouth has ended her chances of winning the game. The other tribe already wants to see her voted out so, even if by chance, she makes it to the end, she couldn’t get their votes.

14- Drew: Yes, the best way to become the leader is by sleeping all day.

15- Alec: He was still thinking of saving John, showing that he is a few steps behind the game.

Booted - John At least, he left with class.

10-15-14, 05:16 AM (EST)
6. "RE: My List"
"...(even if the camera work fooled some into thinking she was blurting out vital info) by pretending to go along with his plan to boot Dale."

HMMM OK, I don't agree with your spin and unable to disprove a "conspiracy theory", "manipulative editing", and/or "trick photography" because there's no concrete proof of ever occurring, therefore I'm being FOOLED for merely acknowledging what DID occur? WOW!

Yeah, I guess ALL Reality TV is nothing more than smoke & mirrors and masterful illusions. I'll have to look closer when they roll the credits and see if David Copperfield, Doug Henning, and Criss Angel share the role of Executive Producer. LOL.

If you are going to embrace that concept, at least be consistent. You're quick to declare John's reaction at TC could be "manufactured" or even taken from a previous TC. Yet you are so dead set on declaring all the recent TC talk was about Dale being targeted. Really? What's to say all this Dale talk at camp wasn't taken from a previous episode and YOU'RE being "fooled" into thinking it was Ep. 3?

Anyway, you make a good point about Jeremy being overconfident. Whereas overconfidence didn't hurt Tyson in B vs. W I or Tony last season, he could be setting himself up for a shocking blindside. We'll have to see how it plays out.

I think you're overanalyzing Missy. I can't endorse Missy's emotional reactions as any kind of well-planned social game and nothing more than Missy being the overly emotional woman she truly is. If she makes the merge it will be because she is pathetically inept and appropriately perceived as a non-threat. She may fall into a post tribal switch or post merge alliance, but as far as helping "create" a new alliance...I don't see it.

10-15-14, 07:14 AM (EST)
7. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-14 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

I know this because Rocker said in interview that he didn't play his idol because he was sure the girls were booting Dale before him.

The editors have one goal in mind: Ratings. To get the numbers, they need suspenseful episodes. By the halfway point, it became evident that John was the target so the only way to avoid seeing people tune out was to make us think that Rocker could play his idol. One way to do it was to insert that camera shot that made you think a light bulb went on. There weren't any light bulbs being switched on, right John?

See, even I can use Rocker's vacant look to make my point.

We'll see about Missy but it's working for her right now.

PS. To be clear, I took that picture of Rocker from last week's vidcap gallery in case you thought he was sitting next to me when I wrote this.

10-15-14, 06:11 PM (EST)
9. "RE: My List"
Rocker had two options to address NOT playing his idol:

A) Openly admit what a knuckleheaded idiot he TRULY is, or

B) Offer some reason why he walked out of the game with an idol in his pocket like many former ding-a-lings have done in the past as a meager attempt of self-preservation.

He chose the latter. Can't blame him for that.

BTW, unless it's a Tom Westman, JT, or other players who have demonstrated a level of integrity and honesty in the game, I put very little stock in what most castaways say during post game interviews.

Enjoy tonight's episode and see ya in the Ep. 4 post!

10-15-14, 07:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My List"
Actually, he admitted to 1.

personofinterest 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-14, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
1: Keith: I didn't mind his comments on exile as I think he was channeling Rudy from Season 1. To me he seemed to really like Josh.

2: Jon: Keeping him here because I just get a kick out of his goofiness.

3: Jeremy: He gets some good sound bites. He was a bit over the top with the "you voted out my woman" nonsense, but I blame Probst for egging that on.

4: Josh: He came to play.

5: Reed: He is very calm. Hopefully we will see some of his strategy soon.

6: Julie: Moved her up a few because she really did handle that weird shouting match as well as she could. I don't blame her for going off by herself to cry either. She seemed to rebound.

7: Natalie: Dropped a few because, damn, keep your mouth shut! I wish it was strategy more than emotions but I don't think it was.

8: Kelly: Seems like a competent competitor. Hopefully we will get to hear her speak sometime soon.

9: Missy: She seems to be a comfort to her tribe. Right now, that works!

10: Jaclyn: She was shown speaking! I was glad that she got into the conversations and seems to be in with some of the tribe now. (She seemed to only be with Val before.)

11: Dale: I liked his idea of saying that they back their teammate. However, his team still did the other team's bidding which puts Dale even more on his own.

12: Baylor: I have to give her some props for making sure it wasn't her!

13: Wes: If he hadn't cried when he beat his dad, I would have moved his up.

14: Alec: Still don't know that much about him, but he was in on the discussions of whom to boot.

15: Drew: You have the rest of your life to sleep. At least pretend to weave! I will admit that part of his being on the bottom relates to the previews.

Part of me would have kept John another week just because the other tribe wanted him voted off. That being said, I am not sad that he is gone. He should never have been cast. He had no chance of not being recognized and there is no way he could overcome his past. Also, he is an idiot.

10-15-14, 06:14 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
As a player I would leaned toward keeping Rocker too. The guy's a walking, talking human lightening rod in the game of Survivor.

kingfish 17680 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-14, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
You're right, for that reason he is worth keeping around. He's a lightning rod that could be used in various ways, and the dream scenario for any other person in the game would be to be at F2 (orF3) sitting next to Rocker.

But as for the advantage of keeping someone because of their athletic abilities (and I know I’m arguing a point in a debate that hasn’t started here yet. In my defense it has been mentioned by the lost souls on the island), how often does that really matter in a challenge? Rocker’s eye/hand was useful in the basketball challenge, but they lost anyway, and his tribe won the ring toss without him.

Swimming is different. Prowess at water sports is valuable. But you don’treally need a Rocker type build for that.

They make way too much of how valuable an athlete is to the tribe, here and in BB. Many challenges are built for little lithe people and/or problem solvers.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

10-18-14, 01:07 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 3"
Good points all the way around.

Yeah, as long as Production continues to be orgasmic over puzzles, physicality becomes less and less an asset. Even with that fact stated, very early on (first three tribal ICs at the least) I still want athletes on my tribe just in the event it could make a difference between going to TC or not.

But even a casual Survivor fan knows by Day 10 a tribal switch is imminent and purposely keeping a physical stud like Rocker around JUST for that reason could hurt you if he gets switched to a different tribe.

The "lightning rod" principle definitely has merit. Imagine being in the F3 with Rocker and Natalie...would you be able to contain your giddy emotions at FTC?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •