The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs. Water Ep. 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1924 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-25-13, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs. Water Ep. 6"
As much as I'll always contend that winning challenges (tribal and individual) is the most important element of Survivor; I admit it's not the "be all and end all." With that being said, the "non-challenge" factors of the game could not have been played any better than the two who head the top of my list for this episode.

1) TYSON - Taking over the Tadhana tribe while still monopolizing the food supply AND doing so without putting the biggest target on himself--you can't do it any better than Tyson displayed. Oh, and his confessionals are gems. I know I continue to beat a dead horse, but with the tens of thousands (if not more) who apply for the show, how could Production not come up with more castaways like him?

2) VYTAS - Talk about getting the major league shaft after tribal switch! Most would have panicked and forced a power move even before Kat hung herself. But to his credit he stayed calm, said the right things, and knew when to keep quiet. He was dealt a horrendous hand, but manages to stay in the tournament with still a few more "big blinds." Well Done!

BIG DROPOFF HERE...

3) GERVASE - The more I watch, the more I see Gervase as Tyson's "Clay" (from S5 - Thailand)...employing the perfect plan to make the finals but an underdog to win. Even so, I find him entertaining and I'm not exactly "wowed" by the other castaways.

4) MONICA - Whether she sees it or not, Brad leaving the game is a huge benefit for her. I'm sticking with my opinion from last week saying of all the females she has the only realistic chance of winning. If she makes the merge and rejoins her male alliance mates, a F4 is very probable.

5) HAYDEN - Kudos for not rocking the boat even though you know it was eating him alive watching the Galang men waltz over and start taking charge. Fortunately for him (on paper) he may not see another TC until the merge.

6) LAURA M. - Walking into the RI arena to compete against two men and seeing a balance beam must have had her salivating more than Pavlov's dog after the bell was rung. But aside from winning the duel, she gets major props for holding her tongue and not pulling a "Candice" toward the Galang tribe who just voted her out.

7) ARAS - Forget the fact he's put a target on himself as the perceived leader of Galang, he drops for allowing himself to be b!tch-slapped relentlessly by Tyson after the tribal switch. Dude needs to man up and defend himself! I wouldn't be surprised if Aras and John show up on Finale Night both wearing dresses.

8) CIERA - Imagine watching the Weather Channel and hearing a meteorologist forecast that it may be rainy...but then again it may be dry. Or tuning in to NFL Today to hear the experts pick on game: The home team may win...but then again the visitors may be victorious. So I should still be amazed at Ciera's "game smarts" when Jeff asks about being the only girl on the newly formed tribe and she responds, it may be good...but then again it may be bad. LOL At any rate, by virtue of the "luck on the draw" tribal switch she should have an inside track to the merge.

9) KATIE - The Grand Prize winner after the switch joining forces with mom as the only reunited duo in the game. Like her former tribe mate Ciera, the "luck of the draw" tribal switch has given her an inside track to the merge as well.

10) CALEB - Way to spill the beans and look like an a$$ to the incoming Galang men. It would be an upset for Nu Tadhana to lose a challenge, but if they do, I'm thinking Caleb takes the walk to RI.

11) TINA - Remaining loyal to the only person in the Galang 5 alliance staying with her on Nu Galang (Monica) is pretty much a no-brainer. But her bonehead blunder (with Laura) in the challenge was totally and completely inexcusable. Although not as big as bonehead blunder as Colby in the Outback when he handed her the million dollars, but enough of a blunder to drop her in this ranking.

12) LAURA B. - Has to share the blame with Tina. I'm pretty darn sure hubby Ruppert wouldn't be too "proud" about that. Should the expected happen (Galang loses next IC) Laura B. is in trouble.

13) JOHN - Barely edges out Brad to stay alive, but his "house money" is running out...unless of course that "goodbye kiss" he shared with outgoing Brad may have revitalized him. Sweet Mother of Mercy!!!

14) KAT - I've said it before...Cute as a button; dumb as a doornail. She rips Monica for "strategizing," so what does SHE do? DUH, strategize? LMAO. It's apparent she was playing more to impress Hayden than for herself. But as another example of ignorance being bliss, if she does not make the merge it could be a huge benefit for him.

ELIMINATED) BRAD - Easily the most ridiculous line of the episode was Jeff asking Brad to compare Survivor to the NFL. Unless when watching an NFL game and during the 2-minute drill I see the head coach pull out a Sudoku puzzle book, any comparison between the two is asinine. Anyway, with Brad exiting the game the silly comparison with Terry Dietz has been put to rest.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs.... michel 10-27-13 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs.... Aruba 10-29-13 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs.... michel 10-29-13 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-13, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs. Water Ep. 6"
I'll give you that tribal challenges are key elements but that's only before a swap. After a swap, it's often better to throw a challenge. As for individual challenges, it is much better to be in a position where you don't need to win. In fact, only Jenna, Tom and Fabio won the game after needing to win the final 2 immunity challenges. Everyone else was smarter than that.

1- Tyson: In a game of trust, Tyson's words to Gervase can only be described as perfect. "I'm with you and you will always know exactly how I vote." I also wonder if his confessional about getting the idol clue was inserted to prepare us for his find.

2- Gervase: After a rough start, Gervase is really getting in a nice position and he knows he can't be just a chess piece.

3- Ciera: Being put on the spot, I saw nothing wrong with her answer to Jeff. I found it very diplomatic and showed she was open to discussion.

4- Vytas: He wasn't shafted because he wound up with two of Aras' closest allies. Even if it didn't air, we know that Tina and Monica were going to look for a reason to keep him around. If you don't think that was a factor then answer why in the hell would Tina tell Monica about Kat's plan IN FRONT OF VYTAS???

5- Monica: She had just started sailing on her own and she got a target on her back immediately. Kat was right about not talking when you have a plan but Kat wasn't in on the real plan and went to the wrong person

6- Aras: The guy is in a wonderful position: He's on a tribe that can't possibly lose a challenge and he has 3 strong allies waiting for him on the opposite tribe yet we are being told he is in grave danger. Editing at its best.

7- Laura Morrett: She is the one that should worry Aras. His plan had a gigantic flaw: If she could beat Brad then she could re-enter the game. If she does, who will she target?

8- Tina: I drop her not because of her challenge performance but because of her intervention at TC. It showed that she lost her focus now that she is playing "Blood". The previews make me fear the worst.

9- Katie: It's never a good sign when a young adult has to move back in with mom.

10- Hayden: Instead of bitching against the new players maybe he should try to befriend them. For all the food that was stolen, I figure that Aras, Tyson and Gervase are good enough in challenges to bring a veritable cornucopia to Hayden who was unable to win much on his own.

11- Kat: I laughed at her line about being undatable because she didn't make the merger but she should have listened to her own advice.

12- John: Fast becoming irrelevant but at least he can count to 100.

13- Caleb: He's afraid of revealing too much to Galang and then he goes on to reveal everything. How dumb.

14- Laura B.: She is using Vecepia's "anyone but me" strategy to great success. As effective as it can be, it's just as boring today as it was then.

Out of the Game- Brad: I don't know what his elimination has to do with the comparison to Dietz. I only compared them because they are two very athletic men in their 40s and that's still true. I was extremely surprised to see that I was rating Brad higher than you because he fits in your usual favorite segment of cast members.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 1924 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-29-13, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs. Water Ep. 6"

"In fact, only Jenna, Tom and Fabio won the game after needing to win the final 2 immunity challenges."

You overlooked a few other former winners who won their last two ICs en route to victory...Brian-S5, Chris-S9, and JT-S18.
You're also looking on only one side of the coin. Let's flip the coin over and list the players who would have won in their season had they stepped up and won the final IC...more examples of the importance of winning challenges: Rudy-S1, Lex-S3, Kathy O'Brien-S4, Rob C.-S6, Rafe-S11, Terry-S12, Yauman-S14, Brett-S19...

"Tyson: ...I also wonder if his confessional about getting the idol clue was inserted to prepare us for his find."

Excellent call Michel! I'm usually good picking up things like that, but I did miss that one. With "waterfall" and "serpent" mentioned from the HII clue, wouldn't it be a trip if Tyson goes on to find the idol!

"Vytas: ...If you don't think that was a factor then answer why in the hell would Tina tell Monica about Kat's plan IN FRONT OF VYTAS???"

Here's your answer: When Kat informed Tina she was targeting Monica, it clearly put the Galang 5 and her meal ticket at risk and it was a no-brainer at that point to boot Kat. In a tribe of six you want four definite votes to leave nothing to chance. Laura B. is a total waste of space and a non-entity in Tina/Monica's plans which makes her a wild card. With Vytas on the hot seat it made obvious sense to bring Vytas in as the guaranteed fourth vote. And with the Nu Galang tribe as challenge-weak as they are, you need to give some thought to a possible NEXT TC. Including Vytas now makes Laura B. the obvious next boot should that come about.

"Aras: The guy is in a wonderful position: He's on a tribe that can't possibly lose a challenge and he has 3 strong allies waiting for him on the opposite tribe yet we are being told he is in grave danger. Editing at its best."

I never said Aras was in a bad position or he got the short end of the stick after tribal switch. Actually he was fortunate to stay with Tyson and Gervase. My criticism of Aras was the continual b!tch-slapping sessions administered by Tyson. And I would not regard those scenes as "editing at its best;" even the idiots on the CBS payroll didn't have to think too hard to show us that.

"Katie: It's never a good sign when a young adult has to move back in with mom."

LMAO!!! Amen to that!

"Hayden: Instead of bitching against the new players maybe he should try to befriend them."

Hayden was only "b!tching" to us, the viewing public, when giving his confessions AWAY from the others. He didn't express his true feelings to Tyson/Aras/Gervase directly. As far as interacting with his Nu Tadhana tribe mates, I though he was playing it pretty cool by my observation.

"Brad: ...I was extremely surprised to see that I was rating Brad higher than you because he fits in your usual favorite segment of cast members."

Although Brad may fit my "usual favorite segment of cast members," his knucklehead statement made in the opening minutes of the game putting a target the size of Alaska on his back, pretty much destined him to dwell in the basement on my lists. And subsequent statements made in future confessionals didn't exactly move him to the head of the class. Tom Westman, the prototype of the middle-aged athlete, would have NEVER shot himself in the foot like that.

michel 10878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-13, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood Vs. Water Ep. 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-13 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

No, Brian, Chris and JT didn't need to win those IC.
- Brian had Clay and Jan in his back pocket. Helen was the one that needed the final two immunities. Brian didn't even need the F3 IC.
- In Vanuatu, Eliza was going at F4 unless she won immunity and then Chris had a F2 deal with Twila who was ready to get rid of Scout so Chris was safe at F3 also.
- Taj was going to vote to keep JT at F4 so he'd only have to beat Erinn in a fire challenge to make the F3. JT only needed the F3 immunity.

Yes, Rudy-S1, Lex-S3, Kathy O'Brien-S4, Rob C.-S6, Rafe-S11, Terry-S12, Yauman-S14 and Brett-S19 would have won the game if they had won the FIC. Some of them may have also won if they had made better tactical choices before the F3 IC.
- Rudy could have voted to eliminate Hatch at F4. If he had, there was a possibility that Sue would have beaten Kelly and she'd have taken Rudy to the finals.
- Rob had to eliminate Jenna at F6 instead of Christy. That way, Matt would have fought to win that FIC because he'd have been afraid of losing to her.
- Rafe simply had to boot Danni at F4 then he and Stephenie would have battled together against Lydia.
- Terry should have given his immunity to Sally at F8 and gotten rid of Aras. The end game would have been totally different so who knows what would have happened.
- Learning that the game was going to end at F3, Yau Man should have lobbied hard to get Earl voted out. He should have told Dreamz to keep his immunity necklace but vote out Earl who was certainly going to win. Instead, Yau Man kept asking for Dreamz's immunity and telling the others to vote him out if he gave it up. That was extremely dumb.
- Brett's mistake happened much earlier when he let Laura vote out Erik instead of eliminating the Foa foa. He was so well placed in the alliance that he was almost sure to make the F3 if they had pagonged Foa Foa.

See, in all these cases, immunity wasn't the only road to victory. Mistakes made them need immunity.

As for the rest, I'm glad you liked some of my comments. I try to be entertaining. I do think that the editors are working hard to make us think Aras and Vytas are in danger when they really aren't yet. Aras will be in trouble if/when Laura returns to the game.

Tom did make a mistake that could have cost him the game when he told Jeff that his tribe would give the shelter to Ulong and go to a new, rat infested island. Brad only said that there was a possiblity that he'd give up a tarp. Tom actually did give up a whole shelter. That was much, much worse. Anyway, Brad wasn't even considered a boot option because of that gaffe so it wasn't worth downgrading him that much.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •