The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1920 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-11-13, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
What the heck is going on with all these ridiculous puzzles??? I realize you don't want to make Survivor a complete athletic contest, but let's not go to the other extreme!

1) TYSON - If his idiot tribe mates are allowing the "one-armed dude" to milk his injury, why not take advantage of it. The "Coconut Caper"...Too funny! Rachel's elimination will be a blessing in disguise. As much as I appropriately bash Production, they got this one right.

2) GERVASE - Gotta put the other half of the "Coconut Caper" right behind. The Gervase/Tyson partnership could be the most entertaining theme of the season. It'll probably keep me watching. And, like Tyson, his Loved One's elimination could be a blessing for him as well.

3) HAYDEN - Easily my favorite from Tadhana...not that the competition is stiff mind you. If he makes it to the merge and the individual ICs...watch out!

4) LAURA M. - As long as Production continues to bore us with these silly puzzles, Laura M. will continue to be a contributing factor in Galang's dominance. I'd be surprised if she doesn't make the merge--but will be more surprised if she does make it to FTC.

5) VYTAS - Yes Caleb put the wheels in motion, but if not for Vytas changing his vote, Jiffy doesn't orgasm over the "greatest shift of power in Survivor history." Whether he was spooked by the infamous purple rock (if it's still in play) or was a strategic move on his part we'll find out next episode. But it was Vytas who ultimately made it happen.

6) CALEB - Although Vytas' switched vote officially made it happen, you have to give props to Caleb for initiating and playing that card at TC. Being on the hot seat fresh of his fiancée leaving the game, it was much easier to throw caution to the wind, but kudos for doing it anyway.

7) MONICA - I believe her offer to take Brad's place in the preview is sincere, but no way Brad will agree to it. Best case scenario for her is another mental challenge for the next RI duel. Culpepper would have very little chance beating the Doctors and playing the game on her own, i.e., Tyson and Gervase is her best bet. I think she discards the clue even without hubby telling her to. It was a smart move.

8) TINA - Ditto my assessment of her from my last list. On a strong tribe and secure in a solid alliance. Should be a shoo-in Jury member...but that's about it.

9) ARAS - A light episode for him. I guess they don't want to over saturate the "Cain and Abel" theme. It's nuts to think a former winner and someone who could fare well in the challenges might be able to fly UTR...but it could be possible.

10) LAURA B. - Safe on a strong tribe. Nice showing in the IC, but as with all the challenges this season, her contribution hardly mattered because it all came down to the silly puzzle.

11) CATIE - Nothing really doing with her this episode. Waiting patiently for a little starvation to set in so she might look good in the bottom portion of her bikini as well.

12) KAT - Sat out of another IC. May as well sit out of the season also. I'm viewing Kat as Hayden's "Loved One" instead of the other way around.

13) CIERA - I'll give momma Laura a pass for weeping in her confessional when talking about Ciera. Not much to look at, not much upstairs, and no athletic ability. I guess if she wasn't sexually active in HS her teenage years would have been just as uneventful as watching her on Survivor.

14) CULPEPPER - Would have been last if not for his impressive, if not surprising, show of sportsmanship. Sore-loser Candice should take note. If the next RI duel is a mental challenge, his buff will be finding the same place as his wife's discarded clue.

15) CANDICE - FLASH UPDATE: Just because you're able to keep your hubby's nads in your bikini briefs, it doesn't mean EVERYTHING should always go your way. OMG--her belly-aching, sore-losing, and poor sportsmanship toward Brad was so over-the-top. And criticizing Monica for listening to hubby Brad when she barks orders to her wussy husband?? Pot meet Kettle!

16) JOHN - When Production puts John's name on the screen, they need to make a correction from "Candice's Husband" to "Candice's Wife." This marshmallow has gone from comical in the Premier to outright pathetic in Ep. 4. I'm inclined to say, "Grow a pair," but it wouldn't matter because as soon as they're grown, Candice would just take them away.
SIDENOTE: Adam (Cook Islands) must be thanking his lucky stars every time he looks down when taking a shower.

ELIMINATED) MARISSA - Didn't stand much of a chance in that duel between the two Doctors. If Uncle Gervase wins she should get a healthy share of the money because her departure will help him more than he knows.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... michel 10-12-13 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... Aruba 10-15-13 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... michel 10-15-13 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... Aruba 10-16-13 5
               RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... michel 10-16-13 6
                   RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... Aruba 10-17-13 7
                       RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... michel 10-20-13 8
 RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs.... personofinterest 10-16-13 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10870 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-13, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
Aruba, puzzles are production's way of favoring the returning players. Along with building a shelter, this is where experience is the most valuable.

1- Tyson: We finally saw the funny Tyson that we hadn't seen since Tocantins. Being one of the Coconut Bandits could serve him well especially if they pick up all the single players.

2- Gervase: Another funny player that came to the surface this week. I wrote somewhere that it would be hilarious to see Gervase, the guy who could have won Borneo on charm alone, getting the goat treatment. Since his memorable scenes involve bad social behavior he could be grilled by the jury.

3- Cierra: I am in total disagreement with you on Cierra. She delivered one of my all time favorite confessionals when she said: "“After a loss, there’s always a routine: The guys will go “get water” which is code for go strategize against the girls and then the girls make rice which is code for how do we save our ases. Today though was interesting. Brad said: “I am voting Caleb.” So then I’m like OK: Brad could be telling the truth or he might not be but I am going to act like I believe him. I sat there and said: Yes, I believe you 100 percent but really do I?”
Smart, funny and strategic all at once. Also, you know Jeff was desperately hoping she'd say it was alright to vote her out so that he could keep Culpepper in the game. She firmly declined his invitation to quit and I like that.

4- Katie: Episode 4 of the Outback included one of the biggest shifts of power when a tie vote led to Mitchell's elimination and we have another tie vote in episode 4 resulting in a power shift. I wonder if Katie played as big a role in this vote as Tina did in the Outback. All she had to do was tell Caleb that Brad was targeting him. Unfortunately, we only have her satisfied expression at TC to point us in that direction.

5- Monica: With Brad off to RI, Monica finds herself in a great position in her alliance of 5 especially since the Coconut Bandits would want her in their core.

6- Aras: Maybe Monica was smart to throw the clue but wouldn't it have been better if she had shared it with the tribe? With Tyson targeting him, he may regret not having an idol.

7- Tina: I wish the editors would give her some airtime but she is well placed so there is time.

8- Candice: Now that we are getting closer to the date of return, I must point out how much I like Candice and her determination. Give me someone like Candice in every season and I'd be happy. She looked like Ozzy when she went spearfishing and she set the stage for the battle with Culpepper the moment he got to RI. Go Candice!

9- Laura Morrett: Another of my favorites that doesn't get enough airtime. At least we see that the "Villain" role she received in Samoa was total fabrication. She is a nice woman that gets along well with everyone not named Shambutch or RussHell and she excels in challenges. Unfortunately, you know she will sacrifice herself for Cierra.

10- Hayden: Tribal Council showed him that things are much more hectic on Survivor than on Big Brother where you have days to discuss the boot. (In BB, the nominations and the veto ceremony happen before Sunday so they have at least 5 days before the vote. Here he had minutes) Hayden looked completely lost and didn't know what to do. Since he doesn't have Enzo's guidance this time, I knew he was in over his head.

9- Vytas: Aruba likes his move but I saw it as cowardly. He didn't want to boot Brad but instead of getting Caleb to change his vote he lets Colton Jr. have his way. Hayden knew they needed Brad as a shield but Vytas gave up.

10- Caleb: Now I know why he's with Colton: He's more shy than Colton but he using the same chaos strategy. Dropping a bomb like that during TC should tell his ally that he cannot be trusted.

11- Brad: It's strange that Aruba has him so low since he actually played the same game as Dietz, forming an all male alliance and leading his tribe without considering what the women wanted. His only bad luck was that the challenges favored the returning players but Dietz's LaMina tribe also lost to Casaya.

12- Kat: She was too dumb to be one of my favorites during One World but she was hilarious. It's almost criminal to hide her this season. Of course, she wanted to talk less but she didn't suddenly become mute. Editors are so boring sometimes.

13- Laura B.: The luckiest player of the season. The day one twists almost guarantee her a free ride to the merge and beyond.

14- John: I do however agree on John but only because he has no story of his own. It's all about Candice so his stay on RI should last a week which is just about as long as the average honeymoon.

Eliminated Marissa: She didn't even give final words.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-15-13, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
WOW, you really provided a chock full of material for discussion.

Brad/Dietz - The only similarity I see between these men is both were on tribes where the female castaways flat-out sucked. The theme on Exile Island was men vs. women, or more specifically, old & young men vs. old and young women. So obviously Dietz starts out in an all-male alliance. It's not unusual seasons that started out with the Battle of the Sexes theme resulted in all-gender alliances throughout the game.

Even after the tribal switches, Terry decided to remain loyal to his initial alliance mates. As for your claim "not considering what the women wanted," immediately after the tribal switch, young female Misty wanted to put her hands all over the boys. Whereas that may fly with young good-looking single boys, it was not tolerated by the older devotedly-married men. So Terry led the charge to nip it in the bud and eliminate the skank factor out of the game early on.
Kudos to Terry!

After winning a challenge (led by Terry...something Brad was never able to do) LaMina won a speargun. To further contradict your claim that Terry "did not consider what the women wanted" he offered no objection when a WOMAN decided to try it out. In hindsight he should NOT have considered it because sh!thead Sally proceeds to lose it before anyone had a chance to catch fish...protein that would have helped LaMina immensely in future challenges. ANOTHER legitimate reason for him to sour on his female tribe mates. That, as well as LaMina winning an early challenge (led by Terry...something Brad was never able to do...Hmmm, was that just said?) and Production allowing Casaya to essentially "swap-out" pathetically inept Melinda for the more resourceful and better challenge performer in Bruce, were the main reasons for Casaya having the numbers advantage at merge.

Oh, let's not forget, Terry found the HII. And he do so back in the days of Survivor when the finder of the HII had to actually earn and deserve it...as opposed to recent seasons when Production decided to just "drop" it in whomever's lap. Conversely Brad wouldn't have had a prayer finding a HII even if they gave him a GPS.

As physically athletic as Dietz is, this challenge stud also fared well in challenges that involved memorization/puzzle. Bottom line, you don't graduate from Annapolis US Naval Academy by just being a "dumb jock." On the other hand, not only can "dumb jocks" perform well in the NFL, some will argue it's a prerequisite.

I could go on and on to explain why I liked Dietz but not Brad continuing to point out obvious differences, but I'll throw you a bone and give you one last shot to support your theory. Dietz proactively controlled his fate by advancing on his own merit by running the table and winning challenges...up until he was victimized by a flaw Production corrected in the following Cook Islands season.

Now if Brad can run the same table and advance on HIS merit, only then might I be able to see you half way on this silly analogy.

Ciera - Although I do not agree with your assessment, I understood where you, or any Survivor fan who always have a soft spot for the weak and inept, are coming from.

When I said Ciera "didn't have anything upstairs" I wasn't saying she didn't understand the game, I meant she was lacking in the mental aspect of the challenges. But even so, her confessionals you regard as "favorite" bordered between no-brainer and blatantly obvious IMO.

In your attempt to try to spin those words to "smart" and 'strategic," I'm going to have to quote Iltarion---my long lost pal from these Boards...Regarding her as "smart" for making those obvious statements is like calling a driver "smart" who puts on their car headlights when driving at night.

BTW, do you know what's happened to Iltarion???

Katie - Of course she was "satisfied" when Brad was blindsided and Ciera was sparred. Caleb's card played in desperation and Vytas' switched vote officially saved Katie and Ciera's hide. Keep wondering if this might be the result of an assumed mastermind Katie-aided plot...I won't. Simply put, Laura B., Katie and Ciera are in the three-horse race for the "dumb-a$$ luck" award this season.

Vytas - I never said I "liked" the move. What I pointed out is his switched vote ultimately made the move Jeff was gushing over officially happen.

Personally, if I was playing the game, I would desperately want Brad to make the merge. Why? He's a perfect "lighting rod" and an automatic post-merge target. At merge when it's every Survivor for themselves, you WANT lighting rods still in the game.

The only way Brad could save himself post-merge is a Dietz-like IC run. Given your comical Dietz/Brad analogy, you probably think that could happen--but not me.

John - Well at least we're in agreement with this wuss.

10-15-13, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
Brad is an attorney and, unless he got his diploma in a cracker jack box, you need some smarts for that also! I just meant that I was surprised you had him so low. Heck! I have him higher than you on entertainment alone!

But our exchange gave me a jewel:

"The theme on Exile Island was men vs. women, or more specifically, old & young men vs. old and young women. So obviously Dietz starts out in an all-male alliance"

That's exactly what I told you about Ami but you saw her as a femi-nazi. If you look at Ami in Mocronesia, you should have seen that she wasn't opposed to working with men. I don't remember you ever giving her some slack.

As for Iltarion, I miss him also. I guess like so many others he just stopped posting. Too bad, he was a lot of fun.

10-16-13, 06:48 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
I'll respond to your "jewel" first. (I have to admit that's cute.) What I said was a season with the Battle of the Sexes theme is why all-gender alliances are formed and usually kept throughout the game. I did NOT state that's why a player may have issues toward the opposite sex just because of their gender.

Sure Terry was in an all-male alliance because Production threw all the men together to start the season, but's that's not why he was disenchanted with the females. I stated the factual and legitimate reasons in my prior post led by Misty's attempt to play the "skank" card and Sally's major bonehead blunder costing LaMina dearly.

I also have no issues with Ami leading the all-female alliance in Vanuatu because Production threw all the women together to start that season. But the reason she was a femi-nazi is because she's a quintessential male basher by nature. This was not some subjective observation I pulled out of thin air. Several beat writers and journalists following that season made the same deduction--one she not surprisingly tried to backpedal from when directly questioned about it afterwards.

Consequently she went to great measures to try to reverse her negative trait in her second go-around on Skankivor: Micronesia. We saw Colton try to do the same this season. But as Aras so accurately stated in his confessional, you could try to fake it "for a while" but it's just a matter of time before one's true colors come to surface. Obviously the "for a while" will differ from one person to another.

With Colton, the "for a while" did not last long. Ami's attempt lasted longer, but she was booted pre-merge that season. There's no question in my mind her femi-nazi ways would have reared its ugly head had she advanced to the endgame in Skankivor: Micronesia.

As for your other point, Yes a majority of lawyers are smart, but I can personally attest to the fact that not ALL of them are.

One of my college teammates, who was as dumb as a brick, studied pre-law. It was quite the joke among our team. Upon graduation he unsuccessfully tried to pass the bar twice in Pennsylvania where he lived. Several years later I heard he moved to Florida and passed on the first try (I don't remember him ever eating Crackerjack in College) but was pretty much delegated to doing just wills and house closings...tasks any schmuck can now do with LegalZoom.

Actually it was this real life account that inspired me when I wrote my list last week and stated under Brad, "...surprised LegalZoom didn't put him out of business already." LOL

10-16-13, 09:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
I simply love your conviction! She didn't change for 20 days but you're still convinced she would have reverted back at some point. So, in this case it isn't "you are who you are" but "you will be who Aruba says you were".

The players that were there, Chris in particular, said that Ami was simply playing the game. In fact, Chris said that Leann was the true leader of Yasur, not Ami. He even said that Ami played the "bad guy" in order to protect Leann.

10-17-13, 06:35 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
Call me individualistic but I will definitely go with my conviction over a statement made by...Chris??? Surely you must be joking. Chris Daugherty? That guy is incapable of uttering two words without being caught in a lie. And I'm not just talking about Survivor. I read where he got into some hot water with his employer resulting in suspension for...you guessed it...lying. Further proof you are who you are.

Even if he wasn't a liar by nature, Chris never spent one day on the Yasur female tribe. He played the game against Ami AFTER the merge. Actually two other castaways did spend time on Yasur:

1) JOHN - His reward for winning a challenge was to spend time on Yasur and attend their TC where he would give immunity to the player of his choice. And who did he choose? Ami. Why? Because Ami was the leader and he knew she would not get any votes. It was his way of essentially taking the immunity out of play and letting Yasur make its own decision.

2) RORY - He found his way on Yasur as a result of the tribal switch. When he managed to make it to the merge, the first thing he did was tell his original Lopevi tribe mates that Ami was the leader and calling the shots.

I guess you now want me to disregard these two accounts from those who actually played part of the game on the Yasur tribe over a statement by a habitual liar who was never at Yasur yet states Leann was the leader?

And so you don't think this post is just my conviction, MSNBC ran a story right after the Vanuatu finale and the headline read:

FINAL SURVIVOR WAS THE BEST LIAR

Your darn tootin' I'll go with my conviction!

I've more than said my piece on this thread. Gonna start working on the Love/Loathe list from yesterday's episode that I'm sure will provide more fresh material for discussion. (Ha-Ha)

10-20-13, 01:22 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
John gave Ami the necklace because he knew she didn't need it, not because she was the leader. Leann had received votes in the prior TC so John wasn't going to save her. John was much too dumb to understand Yasur's dynamics except the obvious, that there were two factions.

As for Rory, he was a blowhard dumbass and being confronted by Ami fits perfectly well with what Chris said. Ami wanted to protect Leann who wasn't as tough as she was so Ami stood up to Rory. By the way, the touching scene between Ami and Rory when they got letters from home should have told you that Ami was against the men only because the game pitted them against each other. As we saw in Micronesia, when she was without Leann, Ami wasn't much of a leader. She followed Jonathan first, Cirie and Ozzy next.

personofinterest 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-16-13, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S27 Blood vs. Water Ep. 4"
1. Caleb: He won't stay here very long, but he at least did something and had a couple decent confessionals.

2. Vytas: I just get a kick out of him. He just always seems snarky to me.

3. Tyson: Dude is funny. And seems to want to win this time.

4. Gervase: As long as he doesn't leap back into the misogyny pit, I will enjoy him.

5. Brad: So unintentionally funny.

6. Tina: I just like her.

7 & 8. The Lauras: Rocked the challenge.

9. Hayden: Love his confusion. You can read it on his face.

10. Aras: Still pretty.

11. Ciera: Why not?

12. Monica: Handled the chaos with Brad as well as she could.

13. Candice: Another unintentionally funny person.

14. John: His beautiful eyes keep him out of the cellar.

15. Katie: Why not?

16. Kat: Not her fault, but I keep forgetting she is even there.

Gone and soon to be forgotten: Marissa: Too bad. I had higher hopes for her.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •