The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Where Is My Summary?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

kircon 3239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-18-13, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Where Is My Summary?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-13 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

I want to thank the three people who did write a summary.

Suzzee #1, qwertypie #5, & kircon #6

Are people not interested in writing?
Are people not interested in reading?
Are people not interested in commenting?

I am baffled. I spend quite a bit of time writing a summary. I love to do it. Love it! Love it! Love it! I hope to continue to write summaries for Survivor. However, if I am only writing for 2 people who comment and maybe 5 more who read it. I would rather apply that time to something else.

Like maybe expanding my games. I host two games in the game forum. That takes time. The number of game players have declined. Are we losing people from the site? Are there too many other distractions? Do people not watch Survivor anymore?

I spend time setting up the table. (One of my greatest achievements learned from this site. Code writing.) There is always the problem with that little pesky bracket. ]

I do not have time to seek out writers who are missing, or for future shows. I start a thread each season. I send out a PM to the writer at the beginning of the week of their summary. It all adds up. I am willing to do this. But this season seems to be different for DAW’s.

For the remainder of the season, please use this thread to sign up for the remaining weeks. Michel still is listed for the final show. If anyone wants to write a summary, please post your intensions in this thread. First come, first snark.
Thanks for writing

S26 SUMMARY Writers Calendar
Last Updated: 4/24/13
Episode
Air Date
Author
2/13/2013
suzzee
2/20/2013
PepeLePew
2/27/2013
Molaholic
3/6/2013
iltarion
3/13/2013
qwertypie
3/20/2013
kircon
3/27/2013
MissMyth
4/3/2013
PepeLePew
4/10/2013
Open
4/17/2013
suzzee
4/24/2013
Open
5/1/2013
Saraha
5/8/13
Open
5/12/2013
Michael

Whatever you do, just have fun and enjoy writing.
Thanks for signing up. Kircon

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Where Is My Summary? kingfish 04-18-13 1
   RE: Where Is My Summary? Ottawa Girl 04-18-13 2
       RE: Where Is My Summary? suzzee 04-19-13 4
       Welcome Ottawa Girl kircon 04-21-13 13
 RE: Where Is My Summary? michel 04-18-13 3
   RE: Where Is My Summary? jobgirl 04-19-13 5
       RE: Where Is My Summary? kingfish 04-19-13 6
           RE: Where Is My Summary? suzzee 04-20-13 8
       Welcome jobgirl kircon 04-21-13 11
   RE: Where Is My Summary? personofinterest 04-19-13 7
       Welcome personofinterest! kircon 04-21-13 10
           RE: Welcome personofinterest! personofinterest 04-22-13 14
               RE: Welcome personofinterest! kircon 04-22-13 15
 RE: Where Is My Summary? dabo 04-21-13 9
 Thanks & I'll take ep 10 kircon 04-21-13 12
   RE: Thanks & I'll take ep 10 jbug 04-23-13 17
 RE: Where Is My Summary? Sahara 04-22-13 16
   Thanks for signing up kircon 04-24-13 18
 Anyone for this week? kircon 04-24-13 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-13, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
Hang in there Kirky. There seem to be a number of lurkers who keep up with these threads, ocasionally they will delurk.

Not that it helps your feedback blues, but they actually do seem to be there.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ottawa Girl 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-18-13, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ottawa%20Girl Click to send private message to Ottawa%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
One lurker coming forward. I always read the summaries and get a kick out of them. Hope this helps.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-19-13, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
Hello Ottawa Girl! Welcome and glad you spoke up

I lurked too, for quite awhile but once out of the dark there are many welcoming peeps here. Hope you continue to read and comment. Hope to see more of you.

I should be watched....closely.

04-21-13, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Welcome Ottawa Girl"
Thanks for the feedback. Yes it does help. This season has had a rough time with recruiting writers. When I first started writing, there was a waiting list to write. You needed to write a summary for another show. I choose One Ocean View. It only lasted 3 or 4 shows. I will never be a famous writer, but this satisfies my creative side for the moment.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-13, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
I've been saying the same thing for the last few years. I have been busy lately but I will surely catch up with my reading soon and leave comments then.

Let's face it though: We lose peeps every year.

jobgirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-19-13, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jobgirl Click to send private message to jobgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
I love the summaries! I start looking for them right after the episodes and always appreciate what you all write. I've been a fan of the show and the message boards for many seasons I always marvel at how regular contributors see the show and write about it. I don't know that I have the talent to write the entertaining summaries that you do, but I sure love reading them. I will try to comment more frequently so you know that we are out here enjoying them! Please don't stop!

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-13, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
Don't let lack of talent stop you.

From your post I would argue that point about your talent, but even it it were true, this is a haven for the talentless. A veritable smorgasbord of no-talent loudmouths that have have wandered in and found a home here.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-20-13, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
What Sir Fish says. I vaguely remember my first shot at a summary, yes I was nervously hovering over the Post Message key wondering if it was good enough. I closed my eyes, clicked and hit the reset key. Way to go Ace, I thought. Then I learned to write them in Word and cut & paste for posterity and the internet. Remember that everything you read on the internet is true so automatically anything you post is true, how kewel is that!

Basher's is telling the truth for Survivor, much to Jiffy's chagrin, so go ahead jump in and all efforts are appreciated and adored.

I should be watched....closely.

04-21-13, 12:17 PM (EST)
11. "Welcome jobgirl"
Thanks for letting us know you are there. I agree with suzzee and kingfish. If you think you are a writer, we would love to see your take of an episode, just try it. People are nice here. We have to be. That’s what I love about this place. kircon

personofinterest 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-13, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
I'm new too and rather technology impaired (so who knows where this will end up). I have lurked and read here for years and love it! Hope it all continues.

04-21-13, 12:10 PM (EST)
10. "Welcome personofinterest!"
You made it! And we Officially welcome you. Thanks for having the courage to de-lurk. I’m technology impaired when it comes to the phone. I still have a flip-phone. I am just learning to text. Hehe! Think about writing a summary. I am willing to offer my help if needed. Thanks for being a faithful reader and letting us know you are there. Kircon

personofinterest 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-22-13, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Welcome personofinterest!"
Thanks! I am having fun so far. Not sure I am ready to tackle a summary since when I read them I realize what all I missed in the episode. However, I will try to comment and work my way up to it.

04-22-13, 05:38 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Welcome personofinterest!"
*put finger to mouth* Shhhh! I'll tell you a secret.

Everything you read isn't nesscessaryly on the show. A lot of times it's in our mind. That's the beauty of these summaries.

When you are ready, we will be here.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-13, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
I do and have read summaries when I have the time, and do enjoy them when I do, and probably should post when I have read them. I developed a habit long ago of not adding to the conversation if all I had to say was repeating what had already been said, but I will now disregard that policy in regard to summaries.

Lvoe the summaries, always have.

04-21-13, 12:56 PM (EST)
12. "Thanks & I'll take ep 10"
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I know many people read but it is nice to hear that you are out there. I love the summary writers at this site. I love all the different takes. I think I am hilarious. I crack myself up. It really doesn’t matter to me if you don’t love my offering. I hope you can find at least one line or idea that makes you smile, or laugh. That is my goal, to have fun.

I will write this past week’s summary. I love Phillip. I have an idea. It’s great in my mind!!!

We need a few more writers. Any takers? Any of the brave new souls willing to take a turn at bat? There are three spots left. Or would you like to write one of the missed episodes? I need to contact those who missed posting to see if they had written something. You would have a little more time. Just an idea.

Suzzee was right about writing your summary in some savable format, such as Microsoft Word. It keeps your work safe. I have learned my lesson. The other benefit is spell checker and grammar checker. If I have time and there is interest, I will try to put together some guidelines and include some formatting stuff.

So who wants next week?

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-13, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thanks & I'll take ep 10"
I think I am hilarious. I do too
I crack myself up. you crack me up too

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-22-13, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Where Is My Summary?"
Ok, Kircon, I have never been brave enough to do a summary. But I will try it if people will be kind and pretend they love it. I need a week to get psyched up for it, so I will do the summary for May 1 if you wish.

AF 2006

04-24-13, 05:04 PM (EST)
18. "Thanks for signing up"
Thanks Sahara,

I think you will do fine. Psych away and then snark away!

04-24-13, 05:08 PM (EST)
19. "Anyone for this week?"
I am out of town this week. No chance to write.

Any takers? Just post your intensions here.

kircon

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •