The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who's crazier: Brandon or Phillip?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-13, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who's crazier: Brandon or Phillip?"
Discuss.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Phillip Estee 03-14-13 1
   Brandon Scarlett O Hara 03-14-13 2
   RE: Phillip byoffer 03-22-13 16
 RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phil... kingfish 03-14-13 3
 Brandon Arnold_Lorax2 03-14-13 4
 Brandon Molaholic 03-14-13 5
 Brandon SOAR64 03-14-13 6
   RE: Brandon mimo 03-14-13 11
 Brandon agman 03-14-13 7
 RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phil... Belle Book 03-14-13 8
 Brandon suzzee 03-14-13 9
   RE: Brandon Colonel Zoidberg 03-14-13 10
       RE: Brandon suzzee 03-24-13 17
 RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phil... Sunny_Bunny 03-14-13 12
   RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phil... Belle Book 03-14-13 13
       RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phil... Sunny_Bunny 03-14-13 15
 Brandon dabo 03-14-13 14
 Phillip Murphy3126 04-02-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Phillip"
Brandon's mood swings have a center point. When he's in that brief middle stage, he's capable of realizing that he's done something wrong and should go apologize. It doesn't stop him from continuing to pendulum all over the map, but there is a portion of him psyche which is aware the actions are unbalanced.

By contrast, Phillip's pendulum went all the way to one side and locked in place years ago. He can't recognize any of his actions as wrong: the mere fact that he's the one who took them proves their forever-rightness to all concerned, and 'all concerned' means Phillip. He can't perceive himself from the outside and he's no longer capable of self-examination.

In terms of physical safety, you'd want to be more careful around Brandon -- but Phillip is the bigger danger. Brandon won't ask you to thank him when the timer hits zero. Phillip will demand it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-14-13, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Brandon"
No contest. The guy has some serious bi-polar issues. Glad to see him OUT of there.

Phillip, on the other hand, is comical and more like an actor playing from a script.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-13, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Phillip"
Estee - I agree with your analysis. I was really struggling with the Brandon episode, for as bad as Brandon was I was hating Phillip even more. As you say, Brandon has violent mood swings, but Phillip is just always delusional. His first season we wondered if it was an act, but now we know he is just bat sh!t crazy.

That said, Brandon was dangerous and needs to be gone. I just hope for my sanity that Phillip isn't far behind.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phillip?"
I vote Brandon.

They're both nutzoid, and they're both delusional, but the tie breaker IMO is the otherworldliness of Brandon's claim that he was going to knock Phillip's head off. I mean, there were no step ladders in sight, right?

Also Brandon was the whinier voiced of the two, which as everyone knows, is a measurement of mania.

Arnold_Lorax2 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-13, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Arnold_Lorax2 Click to send private message to Arnold_Lorax2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Brandon "
Phillip is delusions of grandur and Brandon is just delusional
Phillip is pink underpants and Brandon is a hantz
Phillip is feathers and Brandon is lead
Phillip is trying to live in sanity and Brandon IS insanity
Phillip is crazy and Brandon is psychotic

Hands down Brandon wins the crazy contest

Agman siggified me

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Brandon"
As others have said, Phillip is delusional-nuts, but it's basically an ego trip type delusional-nuts. He does tick (PG-13 version) people off, but other than that, there's little real harm done.

Brandon, on the other hand, is volatile and reactionary. In other words -- the dude is bat-guano crazy. (another PG-13 euphemism)

Kudos to Jiffy for defusing the situation calmly. Hopefully everyone involved will be able to move on (including Brandon). Let's also hope that the Favorites will get their food supply replaced & the Fans will get their Jiffy arm-raise.

SOAR64 136 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Brandon"
Brandon is not only emotional unstable, but is a physical danger to every one around him. I find it difficult to believe that Survivor production does not provide some level of security at the campsites for the contestants. Security would also prevent any locals from accidently walking into the camps. I assume that like most TV and Movie productions, they would have to provide some sort of insurance policy to cover any costs relating to a contestant being injured and later filing legal action. I remember that several years ago when the movie Star Man was being filmed, a friend of mine who was in the movie told me that production was closed down for 3 weeks because the insurance company had cancelled the insurance policy. I remember that in Survivor Africa, production provided people with guns who made sure that none of the contestants were harmed by any of the wildlife.

mimo 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-14-13, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mimo Click to send private message to mimo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Brandon"
Let's hope their insurance provider watched the episode and doubled or tripled their premiums. I actually don't find it hard to believe Jeff would allow someone that unstable to participate just to try to get better ratings. Given their casting this season, Jeff & co. don't seem to care if they alienate the viewers but having to pay higher insurance costs just might make them rethink the casting strategy.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Brandon"

Brandon is so crazy he is a danger to everyone around him. Phillip is more like athlete's foot, irritating but not dangerous.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-13, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phillip?"
I think they're both crazy but in different ways. Phillip might not realize when he's wrong, but his craziness is more annoying than dangerous. However, when Brandon goes crazy, everyone should head for cover. Therefore, I think Brandon's crazier than Phillip.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-14-13, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Brandon"
Phillip's reaction would be forgotten because he can change reality.

Brandon would be dangerous. He'd be the one the where the broadcaster uses his first, middle and last names.

I should be watched....closely.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Brandon"
Brandon would be dangerous. He'd be the one the where the broadcaster uses his first, middle and last names.

Count yourself sigged. That was awesome.

Brandon would be dangerous. He'd be the one the where the broadcaster uses his first, middle and last names. -suzzee

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-24-13, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Brandon"
>blush< thank you Zoidberg!

I should be watched....closely.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phillip?"
Personally, I'd rather deal with Phillip. Yes, he's delusional and believes that he is always above everyone intellectually. He is also, as Estee and others have said, able to rewrite any situation to maintain his sense of superiority. Passive aggressive delusion is always annoying - but if you walk away from it, the person doing it simply decides he "won" the argument.

Brandon is volatile. Where passive aggressive's just rewrite everything to suit their whims, Brandon's way of dealing with stuff is to bully everyone into submission. Let's face it, Phillip would talk me to death in order to change my mind or force me to give up while Brandon would trash the room to scare me into giving up. In the end, I'll take hurt feelings over broken bones.

In truth though, both send up big red flags that I would run as far from as I could. I think their tribe feels the same way; Brandon's gone, and they will move heaven and earth to get rid of Phillip as soon as his brawn is no longer needed.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phillip?"
Which will probably be after the merge and after Reynold and Eddie are taken care of. That's always when the strong guys get sent to the jury.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who's crazier: Brandon or Phillip?"
I'm thinking the same thing, Belle

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-13, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Brandon"
Bandon is emotionally unstable and prone to irrational thoughts and actions. Phillip has personality flaws. Phillip also lives in a fantasy world, but it is a carefully constructed fantasy world designed to serve two purposes: (1) it is a game strategy: (2) it is entertaining. Not that everyone will find it entertaining, but Phillip thinks it is entertaining. No one could have foreseen Brandon viewing the Stealth names as the same as giving a pet a name; though viewed in those terms it is understandable that he didn't like it, thought it demeaning, and resented Phillip.

Murphy3126 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-13, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Murphy3126 Click to send private message to Murphy3126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Phillip"
With his feather, talks with the dead & pink underwear is crazier. Phillip seems to have no sane moments.

Brandon is young, with anger & control problems, & a need to prove or defend himself or others, but he seems to have some sane moments ... interspersed among his psychotic moments! Brandon is definitely more dangerous & has a stronger need for professional help, but that is because he can, & probably will eventually hurt someone.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •