The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'M THINKING MB IS LEAVING US LITTLE CLUES!?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ummm let me think 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-01, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ummm%20let%20me%20think Click to send private message to Ummm%20let%20me%20think Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'M THINKING MB IS LEAVING US LITTLE CLUES!?"
I've watched S1 and I am currently watching S2..
I think MB's plan is to leave little clues to help us figure out who's the winner might be. For example, in S1 (the very first episopde) they showed a shot of richard saying "I've got the million dollar check, now I just need to cash it". THERE WAS A HUGE CLUE RIGHT THERE, but nobody caught on, until the end when it was over.

Now I'm think that MB is giving us clues about S2 and who the winner will be...
A few episodes back there was big "thing" about elizibeth! For the good part of an episode she talked about how she liked Rodger soo much and how she would never ever cast a vote for him. Do you guys think that this mean anything ? Do you think that elizibeth might have to cast a vote for Rodger to stay in the game ?
Let me know what you think. I just have that feeling.
Or if you have any other clues that may lead to things on the show, let me know.

later
~~~~~~~~

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Gee, thanks shakes the clown 03-17-01 1
   Right AyatollahKhomeini 03-17-01 2
       SOOOORRRRYYYYY Ummm let me think 03-17-01 3
           RE: SOOOORRRRYYYYY Kokoro 03-17-01 4
               Ummmmm LMT..... VampKira 03-17-01 5
                   RE: Ummmmm LMT..... SurvivinDawg 03-17-01 6
                       RE: Ummmmm LMT..... shakes the clown 03-17-01 7
                           RE: Ummmmm LMT..... SurvivinDawg 03-17-01 8
                               RE: Ummmmm LMT..... shakes the clown 03-17-01 9
                                   RE: Ummmmm LMT..... SurvivinDawg 03-17-01 10
                                       RE: Ummmmm LMT..... soulSurvivor_23 03-18-01 11
                               RE: Ummmmm LMT..... MistyG 03-18-01 12
                                   RE: Ummmmm LMT..... PepeLePew13 03-19-01 13
                                       False Hope MistyG 03-19-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-17-01, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Gee, thanks"
Welcome to the discussion, but I think you'll find if you look around that we are a little more sophisticated around here than you might have previously imagined.

Believe it or not, we ALSO watched Survivor I and are currently watching Survivor II....both points you brought up have already been discussed on this board countless times.

Word of advice:

It's very difficult to make a big splash with your first post when you're already standing in the water.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-17-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Right"
Ummm, we're glad to have you with us, and we do want to hear what you have to say, but PLEASE follow shakes' advice before posting.

Another word of advice (not as clever as shakes', though) is that it's usually better to make your first few posts on a thread someone else has started instead of trying to start your own thread. That accomplishes two objectives: it gives you a chance to contribute to an ongoing discussion (and generally get some positive feedback), and it prevents you from introducing a topic that has been thoroughly discussed (and getting flamed as a result).

Ummm let me think 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-01, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ummm%20let%20me%20think Click to send private message to Ummm%20let%20me%20think Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "SOOOORRRRYYYYY"
I'm sooo sorrrryy if I'm not as cool as you guys.
Holy #####, if you don't like what I posted, don't reply to it, thats all!!!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-01, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOOOORRRRYYYYY"
They were only trying to be nice and try to help you with integrating yourself here....well Shakes in his own little way. (consider yourself lucky, that was one of the nicest newb "flames" I've ever seen) No need to get so defensive.

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-01, 04:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Ummmmm LMT....."
Welcome Newbie!!
Ahhhhhhhh do not despair...In no time you will have more whore postings than you can flap a bat at, and will have found your niche within the group..and you will see that Shakes, and AK are good people, They are just trying to help... really.

Now onto a more important matter... Are you type A, B or O????

**GO NICK**
"No sign of the morning coming, you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark."-Ronnie James Dio

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-01, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
Hey Vamp, why didn't you ask me my blood type?

Ummm LMT, you'll find that there are some people who are just plain jerks who will gleefully flame and abuse you just because you're a newbie. Shakestheclown is a perfect example. By way of contrast, Aya shows a much more tactful way of indoctrinating you to the board. Keep on truckin' and give shakes all the respect and attentions s/he's due.

03-17-01, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
>>
>Ummm LMT, you'll find that there
>are some people who are
>just plain jerks

...there's nothing "plain" about me! I'm an extraordinary jerk.

who will
>gleefully flame and abuse you
>just because you're a newbie.

....it also helps to be stupid.

> Shakestheclown is a perfect
>example. By way of
>contrast, Aya shows a much
>more tactful way of indoctrinating
>you to the board.

....once again I'll cite to my "good cop, bad cop" reference.

>Keep on truckin' and give
>shakes all the respect and
>attentions s/he's due.

...respect, I could live without, but attention, now that's a whole different story.

Survivordawg, I'm suprised that you took the time to send me a flame..shouldn't you be off defending the "Source Code Spoiler" or finding some other fabricated reason to rationalize your "Amber/Liz" final 2???? Just curious.

03-17-01, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
Congratulations, shakes, you did bring out the bad boy in me and made me call you a jerk. Although I was totally accurate, I did get personal and I shouldn't have. I apologize to the rest of the board for getting in the mud like that.

shakes, I don't accept your "good cop/bad cop" rationale (and that's all it is: a rationale, an excuse) for posting your flames and the venomous level your flames attain. There's no NEED to have a "bad cop" in the first place. I say again how Aya is able to say the same things with tact. As I have said before: You don't own the board, shakes, and you're certainly nothing special.

Lastly, if I'm wrong on my PTTE (Prediction-To-The-End, for you newbies) I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, although I'll have to post fast to beat shakes to the trumpet. I have found that by posting what I post, I usually get good information from other posters, either in agreement or disagreement. It's all (supposed to be) in good fun. Let's keep it that way, shall we?

03-17-01, 04:59 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
>
>shakes, I don't accept your "good
>cop/bad cop" rationale (and that's
>all it is: a rationale,
>an excuse)

.....call it whatever you want, but you can't argue with results...go compare this board to the EZ board if you still have doubts about the need for policing.

As I have
>said before: You don't
>own the board, shakes, and
>you're certainly nothing special.

...and just like when you said it before, this comment still isn't worthy of an actual response.

>Lastly, if I'm wrong on my
>PTTE (Prediction-To-The-End, for you newbies)
>I'll be the first to
>admit I'm wrong, although I'll
>have to post fast to
>beat shakes to the trumpet.

...if you were paying attention to the board you would know that I stay away from the "speculation-to-the-end" posts in general....I rarely post under them and I barely take the time to read them b/c I think they can have a negative effect on the board in that people become close minded and determined in defending their predictions, often in the face of valid evidence that contradicts their theories...that is the danger of trying to predict this thing all the way through.

Although I will agree that as we get closer to the end of the game, these theories become more interesting and valuable to the board...I just think it's too early at this point for those types of theories, but as long as we aren't overrun with a million of these theories I don't have a problem with them...I do agree that they are a good place to brainstorm different scenarios and help figure out ways to substantiate or debunk certain spoilers.

My only feeling on those theories is that you have to earn the right to post such a theory...first of all, unless you have proved yourself on this board as compitent, no one is gonna bother reading your predictions anyway...therefore, as long as veterans are the ones making such posts, no problem, but you better believe I'm gonna flame some one-post wonder who tries to pass off a PTTE theory of their own.....you've got to earn your stripes before you are allowed to spout out your complete theory of the game.

03-17-01, 05:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
>.....call it whatever you want, but
>you can't argue with results...go
>compare this board to the
>EZ board if you still
>have doubts about the need
>for policing.

No doubt that policing has made this board what it is, but for the last time I say: YOUR method of "policing" is wrong, whereas Aya shows a tactful, correct way of doing it. Furthermore to this point, who are YOU to police us? If the board owner or administrator (SurvivorBlows) wants to police the board, that his/her prerogative. If others take a tactful way of doing it, I have less problem with that. But YOU, shakes, come off as.. JERRI. You think you own the board and that your word is gospel by right of the fact that YOU posted it. You're not accomplishing anything with the manner of your "bad cop" Jerri-like policing except to peeve others, whereas Aya has gotten results (and likely will continue to) by simply taking a tactful approach, not to mention explaining the "rules" first, which you neglect to do.

Respond to this post as you like with whatever you like. I will not continue this thread in this manner. I am going to give you the attention you deserve.

soulSurvivor_23 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-18-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soulSurvivor_23 Click to send private message to soulSurvivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
Wow, this whole newbie is getting way out of hand. Being a newbie myself, I have seen the terror-inflicting flaming of newbies, and while I have not experienced it individually, I am positive that many new posters are scared away after they see the others burn and crackle. Now, people call me melodramatic, but this is how I see things around the message board. Some of these newbies may carry valuable information or they may have opinions that are worth hearing.
I think we are all open to suggestions when it comes to resolving this type of conflict, but I think that constructive criticism, that which the Ayatollah has been giving, should be administered when posters step out of line.
Of course, Shakes would spoil his reputation if he actually started being NICE, but I'm just suggesting that he should fire his flaming crossbow less often, while still maintaining his iron fist over the message board.
Please don't flame me for this, but I would like to hear any comments about my ideas so I can shut up before I open my trap again. Thanks.
---soulSurvivor_23---

P.S. Honestly, I do have a morbid fear of clowns, even before I'd heard of Shakes.

P.P.S. VampKira, there are four blood types: A, B, AB, and O. I am one of the rare 7% (AB) which is rumored to have supernatural powers! Enjoy!

MistyG 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-18-01, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MistyG Click to send private message to MistyG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
Please Please Please Please Please......let's all move on to the TOPICS, and get away from the arguements...It's getting tiring clciking on a subject only to find some sort of lame bickering about who should post what and when and where...If you are an overly sensative person who takes offence at criticism, don't read Shake's posts, and DON'T respond in kind.... you will only look like a whiner later (a lesson many of us have learned since starting.lol). I like this board b/c most of the postings have some really good ideas that get proven or disproven eventually, and IT'S ALL IN FUN AFTER ALL>>>And by the way.... IF you're not having fun, then what are you doing posting about the show anyway? I only want to spew this once, and never again. Now I think I'm just going to click on another topic, and hope for some actual good old fashioned spoilers to pop up so we all can debate on if it's real or not.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-01, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ummmmm LMT....."
good lord... it shows that there's no episode this week, and also we're running out of spoilers to talk about.

It's clearn now it will be an Ogakor final-5 because why announce there would be a special episode now after a few weeks has already been aired? The official reason for having the special episode is that they want to take advantage of the sweeps week in May ... but everyone (even Lamber) knew months in advance that May is primo ratings time. Are they doing whatever it takes to give us false hope that Jerri is going to go earlier than Ep12?

I'm certainly hoping this is wrong and they'll shock us by shaking things up in Ep9 and making things more interesting, but not holding my breath.

NEXT IN EP9... SCERRI JERRI MOUNTS COLBSTER IN PARKING LOT... oops that was in "Blind Date"

MistyG 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-19-01, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MistyG Click to send private message to MistyG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "False Hope"
There might not be false hope, Pepe! It doesn't really bother me that she is still around, but it is not out of the rhelm of possibility that Keith, Tina and possibly Colby wouldn't mind trading Jeri in for Liz for a final five... Though, I think it is more realistic to beleive as you do, that it will be all Ogakor in the final five.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •