The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"24 hours to go 350 miles?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-05, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"24 hours to go 350 miles?"
That must have been one long, slow train ride from Lucknow to Jaipur! Did the teams have to switch trains someplace, or just have to make a boatload of stops, or what? Judging from my National Geographic atlas, that couldn't have been a distance of more than 350 miles. Please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 JODHPUR not JAIPUR realitybites 04-20-05 1
   RE: JODHPUR not JAIPUR Cygnus X1 04-20-05 5
 were they the only ones on that tra... popeave 04-20-05 2
   RE: were they the only ones on that... arturbars 04-20-05 3
   RE: were they the only ones on that... Estee 04-20-05 4
       RE: were they the only ones on that... usuallylurks 04-20-05 6
           RE: were they the only ones on that... tn_peachie 04-21-05 10
           RE: were they the only ones on that... dragonflies 04-21-05 12
       RE: were they the only ones on that... KLinDC 04-21-05 13
 RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles? ElroyJetson 04-20-05 7
   RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles? realitybites 04-20-05 8
   RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles? Cygnus X1 04-21-05 9
 RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles? TARugh 04-21-05 11
   RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles? cahaya 04-21-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-20-05, 05:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "JODHPUR not JAIPUR"
The teams went to Jodhpur, not Jaipur. Jaipur was a stop during TAR Classic. Jodhpur is another 200 miles or so down the tracks.

Which is still pretty slow. I'm guessing it was a local that stopped at every little town along the way. At least the accommodations looked decent.

Reality show babes: Deidre (TAR2), Mary (TAR2), Emily (TAR), Hera (TAR6), the 2nd round tokens (Bachelor), Mary D. (Bachelor), Melissa M. (Joe Millionaire), Sara (American Dream Derby)

04-20-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JODHPUR not JAIPUR"
Oop. My bad.

I stand corrected.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-20-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "were they the only ones on that train?"
isn't a train ride in India supposed to be jammed full of people, most of them groping the beauty queens? I don't think I saw any other people on that train other than the attendants who brought them the clue. When they were showing the train pulling into Jodhpur, there was a quick shot of many people getting off a train, but I don't think it was the train with the racers.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: were they the only ones on that train?"

>I don't think I saw any
>other people on that train
>other than the attendants who
>brought them the clue.

You have to admit though, that attendant was so weird sleepwalking through the train with the clues, that i would rahter have a crowd of a 100 loud indians with me than him.... what a creep...

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: were they the only ones on that train?"
I got the impression they had a more-or-less private car.

usuallylurks 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail usuallylurks Click to send private message to usuallylurks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: were they the only ones on that train?"
Yes, it was a private car. Their clue said to go to the "special" car at the back of the train. They and the crew were probably the only ones in that car. I think it was a way to give them a pit stop without it being a "pitstop". There was a great deal of bunching on this leg.

tn_peachie 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-05, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tn_peachie Click to send private message to tn_peachie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: were they the only ones on that train?"
They ought to be glad they got a private car. I have been on the train from Lucknow to Delhi and I can tell you it is an interesting ride to say the least. On the trip from Delhi to Lucknow, we had tickets for the first class car on the train (air conditioning, individual seats). But on that day, the train people just decided to not attach the first class car to the train. SO we rode the train in third class which meant NO air conditioning (and in July in India you want, you need air conditioning). The car seemed to have been missing shock absorbers. I am sure I felt every bump in those tracks, 'cause it sure wasn't like Amtrak. My back was sore for days after the train ride. The best part about the car was the fact that are car did not have western toilets. All the train had was turkish toilets. The bathroom consisted of a hole in the floor opening on to the track. You could like right down and see the tracks. I made the entire train ride of 6 or 8 hours without using the restroom.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: were they the only ones on that train?"
maybe to keep the destination more secret too?

another syren masterpiece

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: were they the only ones on that train?"
It's probably semi private, or something, since Lynn/Alex had 2 locals in the bunks above them.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles?"
A coworker of mine said that train goes from Lucknow to Jodhpur via Delhi which is quite out of the way.

Elroy

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-20-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles?"
>A coworker of mine said that train goes from Lucknow to Jodhpur
>via Delhi which is quite out of the way.

That explains a lot. Thank you.

Reality show babes: Deidre (TAR2), Mary (TAR2), Emily (TAR), Hera (TAR6), the 2nd round tokens (Bachelor), Mary D. (Bachelor), Melissa M. (Joe Millionaire), Sara (American Dream Derby)

04-21-05, 01:46 AM (EST)
9. "RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

I likewise appreciate the info.

* listening to "Slow Train" by The King's Singers

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 04:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARugh Click to send private message to TARugh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles?"
Also - I must mention that not everything runs as smoothly as countries like the USA, Canada, Japan, or West Europe.

Case in point, I lived in Korea and to drive from Chu'chon to Uijiangbou (about 64 miles) sometimes took 6 hours.

Also - Turkey: a trip of 512 KM has taken me two days before, with a 6 hour "pit stop." And I was passing trains in my truck.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 24 hours to go 350 miles?"
Actually, the trains in India are timely, but the routes have a lot of stops unless you take limited express trains like the one between Dehli and Agra (to the Taj Mahal).

The worse? Bangkok, by far! Six hours to travel across Bangkok by taxi (and it's so bad, they've suggested putting port-a-potties in the taxis!). Return trip, I took the river canal taxi by boat which took just an hour, although it was a somewhat 'odoriferous' trip wondering what it was floating on top the water (don't ask, you don't want to know!).

cahaya

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •