The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-16-01, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
Here is a link to a new spoiler board that was created by Gatormeatisyummy from the SS board...the board is private so you have to register just to be able to see the link...I just registered myself and after reading the link, I think it is a good idea to register just to get a look at this one thread.

http://votedoff.virtualave.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000020

Here is the gist of the post......someone who does computer graphic design work for a lving used his design skills and software to try and recreate the opening credits photo of the woman that is being debated on CJ's thread....current speculation is that it is a morph of Amber and Kelly from SI.

This guy was able to recreate the pic almost 100% identical to the original by morphing features from SEVERAL of the remaining survivors taken from their original studio head shot...the one that was released on Jan 4 with the contestant names.

In order to recreate the photo, he HAD to use features from 6, count em 6 of the remaining cast.....Lizliz, Jerrri, Amber, Keith, Nick and Colby.

I'm not very proficient when it comes to technical computer talk, but there is plenty of it in this thread.....I think we need to read this thread before we start making assumptions about who exactly is in that photo.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... shakes the clown 03-16-01 1
 Disinformation AyatollahKhomeini 03-16-01 2
 questions about design in motion my0wn 03-17-01 3
   What does it really say? AyatollahKhomeini 03-17-01 4
       RE: What does it really say? my0wn 03-17-01 5
       What it says: sleeeve 03-17-01 6
 RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... LowRent 03-17-01 7
   RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... shakes the clown 03-17-01 8
       RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... Kokoro 03-17-01 9
 RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... wildcamper 03-19-01 10
   RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... Kokoro 03-19-01 11
       Analysis smanalysis AyatollahKhomeini 03-20-01 12
   RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... You all blow 03-21-01 16
 RE: A must read regarding "Morphed ... Conspiracy Jim 03-20-01 13
   Just for you, CJ AyatollahKhomeini 03-20-01 14
       RE: Just for you, CJ Lisapooh 03-20-01 15
           shakes the clown noSaltonTheMargarita 03-21-01 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-16-01, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
If anyone doesn't want to register I can copy and paste the text of the post, but there are several photos in the post and I don't know how to post photos...

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-16-01, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Disinformation"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-01 AT 10:43 PM (EST)

Remember the reference to "Who Goes There?" in the my GUT follow-up post to Minstrel? I have nothing further to say about this thread on gatormeat's board.

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-17-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail my0wn Click to send private message to my0wn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "questions about design in motion"
The article on the design in motion site states that the opening credit was done before the shooting was done. They said they used shots from cast members and aboriginal people. Here is the link to the site where you can watch the opening credit frame by frame and you can clearly make out 1 male face that is not from the cast.
http://www.designinmotion.com/article/mainv/0,7220,25069,00.html

Are you suggesting that maybe MB asked them to redo the "morph" sequence with cast members photos he gave them?

03-17-01, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "What does it really say?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-01 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

Here is the section of the article that you are referring to:

The TZ team took about two months to complete the titles for the second season; the challenge was creating the opening sequence before "Survivor II" had finshed shooting and the footage was shipped to Los Angeles. The production crew used 16 camera crews and up to 24 cameras to capture the necessary material to craft the story, though post-production and finishing continues even after the broadcast of the first episode. Editing and post of the final episode is expected to begin in Los Angeles shortly after the broadcast of the first episode. While in the Outback, the editors focused primarily on the first three episodes, with the premiere episode taking approximately 11 weeks to complete. "The first episode is the most critical because the contestants' identities are shaped and the storyline starts to form," said Duffy. "Every subsequent episode builds on the first."

Using footage shot by Scott Duncan during the initial days of the contest, TZ edited over five hours of footage into an opening sequence that introduced the new survivors and encapsulated their adventure in 60 seconds. Mark Johnson then went to work creating a graphic look to embellish the stunning footage and create an exciting logo reveal.

Well, the opening sequence did have to be designed before the show finished. TZ says it spent "about two months to complete the titles", working with footage shot "during the initial days of the contest." But the contest was over 42 days after it started. In other words, the titles weren't complete until late December -- while the game was complete (and the final two were known) in early December.

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-01, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail my0wn Click to send private message to my0wn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What does it really say?"
actually the parts that caught my eye were.

<We combed the footage the client provided us to find the right combination of the contestants' faces and landscape shots that would form the basis of our interpretation of this wild, hot, exciting game.>

suggests to me that they put the cast in no particular order.

the part that interested me was this.

<The 'Survivor II' logo builds on elements from the original 'Survivor' logo. The CBS in-house promo design team modified the original logo, adding elements that made it fit with the Australian theme. >

that reinforces the idea that the person that forms the I in the Survivor logo is very important. To me it looks a bit like Colby after the water challenge. Not that I believe any clue MB gives but he did say that "the clue is not in what you don't see but rather what you do see" maybe he means C (as in Colby) and not see hehe.
I wish I had the water and post challenge on tape so I could get frames of Colby and Keith after they won, and compare it to the figure in the logo.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-01, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What it says:"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-01 AT 03:15 AM (EST)

>The TZ team took about two
>months to complete the titles
>for the second season;
(CUT)
>TZ edited over
>five hours of footage into
>an opening sequence that introduced
>the new survivors and encapsulated
>their adventure in 60 seconds.
>Mark Johnson then went to
>work creating a graphic look
>to embellish the stunning footage
>and create an exciting logo
>reveal.

Now let me get this straight... first, "TZ" made the opening, which took two months. THEN, Mark Johnson WENT ON to create... AN EXCITING LOGO REVEAL!!!

Now, If I'm not mistaken, all of the morph-photos appear during the "stunning logo reveal", which was not added, according to this thread until after a two month process. SII took 42 days to film... the opening titles took two months (60 days) and THEN the morph pictures (and the logo) were added... By the time the morph pics were added, the show had been filmed and the winner was known. These morph pics could be a very, very reliable spoiler... (Or, the article could just be misworded, and the ENTIRE PROCESS took 2 months... maybe the morph pics were added early on...)

Edited to correct:
Just rewatched opening... only the female morph pics appear in the title reveal. The male pics appear just before (in the TC segment).

----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-01, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-01 AT 03:51 AM (EST)

So.....are you implying that Tina and Rodger are the next two to get booted? We're all dying to see what the clown thinks.

p.s. Can't wait for your summary of Episode 8..the last one was fanschmabulous

03-17-01, 12:12 PM (EST)
8. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
>So.....are you implying that Tina and
>Rodger are the next two
>to get booted? We're
>all dying to see what
>the clown thinks.

.....no, I'm not trying to imply anything...the whole "morphed photo" spoiler confuses me....I only posted this b/c I have noticed that posters have been accepting certain theories about the photos as fact, and I just wanted to point out that there may be another theory to consider before we sign off on the Kelly/Rich scenario or the Keith/Amber scenario.

Plus, the technical nature of the theory confuses me and I was hoping someone with more know-how would take a look at the post and let us know if it is something that is believable or totatl BS.

But, after thinking about it for awhile, I am a little concerned about its value b/c of the spoiler board it was posted on...I have some questions about the integrity of Gator's private board so now I am hesitant to even acknowledge it...

In summary, basically I'm just confused

>p.s. Can't wait for your summary
> of Episode 8..the last one
>was fanschmabulous

...thanks, glad you enjoyed it..the new one should be out by tonight, I've been a little delayed by the fact that I am an NCAA tournament addict and try and watch every game that is on, but I'll get it finished by tonight, I promise.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-01, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
<<I have some questions about the integrity of Gator's private board so now I am hesitant to even acknowledge it...>>

Shakes, I don't think it is Gator's board....unless he likes to talk to himself.(there are conversations between him and the administrator)

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

wildcamper 38 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildcamper Click to send private message to wildcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
Hey it wont allow new registrants on the site u are refferring 2
could you tell us your handle and password??? (unless it holds personal info) or can you copy and paste (with photos)
just a thought

thinking makes a world of difference

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-19-01, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
Weird....I was able to a few days ago....

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

03-20-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
12. "Analysis smanalysis"
I promised shakes that I would go look at this post and give a reaction. The analysis actually makes some good points. However, one thing is clear: the person who made the post NEVER tried to make the picture by "morphing" Kelly and Amber, which is what I argue that the picture is. Instead, his starting point was to make the picture from the six survivors in the preview reel for E7. If you look at his composite, it looks something like (but not exactly like) the morphed see-BS opening title picture. And he makes the point that he does not have the software to do an MB-quality morph, which is probably right -- that stuff is EXPENSIVE!

Good technical work with a bad theory behind it makes for unsatisfactory results. The post tells us nothing definitive about the provenance of the picture.

Final four: 1st Keith, 2nd Amber, 3rd Tina, 4th Colby

You all blow 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-21-01, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail You%20all%20blow Click to send private message to You%20all%20blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
I was able to register but can't get into the forum either until the administrator approves it and sends an email... what's up with that????

Conspiracy Jim 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-01, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Conspiracy%20Jim Click to send private message to Conspiracy%20Jim Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A must read regarding "Morphed Photo Theory""
Does he, and could you add it to a post if he does, explain what of whom is in the picture. I understand his overall explanation of the final 6 but from there I would like to know is it Jerri's eyebrows, Liz' mouth, Kieth's nose, etc. Also, maybe MB stating that it's what you see doesn't mean "C" as in Colby but maybe "C" as in Conspiracy Jim, ok i'm wishing here.

onspiracy Jim

03-20-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
14. "Just for you, CJ"
I won't correct the spelling of "resized" below -- here is what came from whom in the "unnamed poster's" composite that was e-mailed to the board administrator.

"Draw a horizontal line starting at the nose. Everything under the nose was matched and taken from Jerri (facial forms, cheeks, etc.) (resised, rotated, reshaped) and everything above the nose was taken from Amber, including the hairs (resised, rotated) (due to Amber being in a 'profile pose', the left part of the head is partly a cloned and mirrored image of the right part of her head). Still with me?

* Note: 'Right' and 'Left' depends on your point of view.

PARTS, MATCH, CLONE TECHNIQUES USED

Left eye,Elisabeth,(mirrored, rotated, resised)
Left eyebrow, Elisabeth (right eyebrow), (mirrored, rotated, resised)
Right eye,Amber,(rotated, resised)
Right eyebrow,Amber,(rotated, resised, reshaped)
Nose,Nick,(mirrored, resised)
Mouth,Colby,(mirrored, rotated, resised, reshaped)
Right ear,Keith,(resised, rotated)
Left ear,Keith (right ear),(mirrored, rotated, resised)"

Final four: 1st Keith, 2nd Amber, 3rd Tina, 4th Colby

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-01, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Just for you, CJ"
I thought I had too much time on my hands!

See, AK - now I want to give some credibility to this because every graphic artist I have ever worked with couldn't spell their own name with out running spell check first.

Kidding, I'm kidding. I love all graphic artists, all lawyers and all others of any profession who might happen to be here. Let love rule.

noSaltonTheMargarita 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-21-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail noSaltonTheMargarita Click to send private message to noSaltonTheMargarita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "shakes the clown"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-01 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

Obviously, you and your other personality uptohere have some deep issues . . . . .

do a shot with that margarita, you'll feel better . . . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I said no salt, no salt on the margarita!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •