The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaW 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-27-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-06 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

Man, I started to ball when the ladies closed their eyes and started talking about their moms. Then Kim got on the floor and just let it all out. I totally understand and totally get it. I also wondered how my child will feel about me when grown. It made me think about my own parenting and my own issues and what I pass onto my own child.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... scrappywheels 01-27-06 1
   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... GoodnightLittleBear 01-27-06 2
       RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... LisaW 01-27-06 3
           RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... Jadens Mommy 01-27-06 4
               RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... coralblue777 01-27-06 5
                   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... mishamimi 01-27-06 10
   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... LisaW 01-27-06 6
       RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... bellyButton 01-27-06 7
   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... dasboot 01-28-06 18
 RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... Twinkles 01-27-06 8
   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... sharebear18_2000 01-27-06 9
       RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... Dayum Yankee 01-27-06 11
           RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... Cleverone 01-28-06 12
           RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... ipsedixit 01-28-06 13
 RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... beckettrep 01-28-06 14
   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... Jadens Mommy 01-28-06 15
 RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... ChristinaJB 01-28-06 16
   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... sharebear18_2000 01-28-06 17
       RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... lovemydogdude 01-28-06 19
           RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... roxyhoot 01-28-06 20
           RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... Twinkles 01-28-06 21
               RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... mhb0125 01-30-06 22
 RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... SOfan0221 01-30-06 23
   RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... OklaBlue 01-30-06 24
 RE: So did you cry when the ladys t... Pixeltalk 01-30-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

scrappywheels 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-27-06, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scrappywheels Click to send private message to scrappywheels Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I teared up when Jill, Christy and Jodi started talking about their moms because their pain regarding their mothers was so palpable. But while I felt Kim took a step forward in allowing herself to release some of the emotion she has towards her mother, I don't think she let go as much as she could have. I don't want to call it a deliberate thing but she's so damaged I was surprised she let any go at all but, I felt like Iy let her off the hook too early. I think she should have pressed her just a little bit harder.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-27-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Kim said in confessional that she felt pretty embarrassed lying on the floor and doing the tantrum and it made it hard to open up. That exercise should have been saved for a private session with her own LC.

01-27-06, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I wondered about that too but I'm thinking sometimes you've got to seize the moment. I'm wondering if that's just what is was.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-27-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I too don't believe she let it all out. But she made a pretty good first attempt.

coralblue777 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-27-06, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coralblue777 Click to send private message to coralblue777 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
LisaW, yes I did cry a bit. It was one of the few scenes this season that touched me. I could see her wanting to let it all out. I would find that near impossible to do with all those people and cameras but you could really see the depth of her pain. She sure has alot bottled up inside. I wish her the best.

mishamimi 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-27-06, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mishamimi Click to send private message to mishamimi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I agree, Corablue, she does have a lot bottled up inside. I believe once she finally hits her true emotional core, she will be comfortable in her own skin and will be able to relate to others better. I feel a lot of sadness for her sometimes.

01-27-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
6. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
At first I thought that Iy was put off because Kim wasn't showing emotion. Then she called her out and pushed. I guess that was the point of the exercise. But dang, make her stand out and put her on the floor. I guess something was working because the girl started to feel something. It might not have been her all but it was sure a good effort for being in the house as long as she has. She had my tears flowing.

bellyButton 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-27-06, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bellyButton Click to send private message to bellyButton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
i think i was thinking about how thankful i was of my mom but started feeling that maybe i wasn't the best mom..myself. i know i did the best i could but still felt sad about not doing even better. IV to me was expecting too much from kim too soon. she has been taught not to show emotion so it's going to take some time. i really did feel for the ladies tho..

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-28-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Sometimes, I'd just like to slap Iguana. I didn't like her telling Kim the way she should have been feeling and what she should be doing at that moment. How can she dictate this to her? And then she made Kim get in the floor, and then when Kim wasn't having a big enough fit, Iguana literallly was moving Kim's arms to goad her into 'performing for the cameras,' goad her into pretending to have the tantrum that obviously at that moment she didn't want to have. Bravo for Kim for not performing on cue.

Who is Iguana to tell this woman how and when to express her pain? Maybe most normal children would have tantrums but maybe by the time Kim's mother abandoned her, Kim had already emotionally shut down so she wouldn't have had a tantrum. Who knows? Only Kim does. It's more than likely that Kim's mother had probably already emotionally abandoned her before she physically abandoned her.

This is just too much. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. They've a full plate the second half. At least Kim isn't as crazy as Karen last season and at least, despite her upbringing, she has managed to get farther than Allison who has taken her woundedness and the need to be coddled to a new, exponentially despicable low. Kim needs some slack but I hope they never resort to treating her with the kid gloves they used on AlliWhine. That B*tch didn't have to be accountable for anything.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I think i got a little teary. My mother left when I was an infant. So my answers to the questions were almost identical to Kim's. I watched the other women with fascination because they said lots of things I didn't expect.

sharebear18_2000 106 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharebear18_2000 Click to send private message to sharebear18_2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Oh boy, I started to cry when I watched it. I think for quite a few reasons. First, Kim is just so sad. She keeps so much inside and when she finally lets it out, its going to be like Hoover Dam exploding. I really like her and I hope she is able to not only learn the tools she needs in the house, but she will continue with outside therapy as well.

I think the other reason I felt emotional is because I consider myself truly blessed to have my Mom. We're very close and have been able to overcome quite alot over the years, her alcoholism, my drug addiction, my critically ill son, my sisters mental illness. She's my hero, I admire her strength and committment to her family. I pray that one day my boys can say the same about me. I can't even fathom how my life would be at this moment, without her.

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-27-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dayum%20Yankee Click to send private message to Dayum%20Yankee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Yep I sure did cry. Part of it was because of all the emotions brought up by the women and seeing them tearing up but also for personal reasons. I had a very difficult relationship with my mother growing up and she's since passed away of Cancer and wishing I could reach out and tell her things I've come to realize about her since she's passed etc. The whole show today was very emotional...........good and bad.

I've related to Kim from Day 1 and I'm a full supporter of her. I'm just not sure that the SO House is the right place for her. She needs comfort and nurturing and needs to feel safe before she can be vulnerable and let out all her pain and I just don't see it happening in that environment.

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-28-06, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I, too, started to cry ...it made me realize how lucky I am to have a beautiful person for a mom ...I believe the session bought up a lot for all of them...things they probably didn't realize they harbored.

Jill seemed very affected and it seems that she believes her mother to see her as an extension of herself and this can be very smothering.... I had a cousin who was soooo smothered by my aunt that she could never lose weight (yeah, she had weight issues too) because my aunt would demand that she come by her house to eat dinner on her way home from work (so she wouldn't have to go home and cook ...to my aunt's way of thinking...sabotage is what it was).

It might be best for Jill to have her own space as it would seem that her mother might be all consuming and very smothering (at least as Jill acknowledged today in that session.)

"I walk in my own shoes..."

ipsedixit 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-28-06, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ipsedixit Click to send private message to ipsedixit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Wow...I don't know how I forgot about Kim's crying on Friday's show. That was very hard to watch. Think about how much she has been holding in, walling up, about her abusive childhood. She had to put up the wall, had to numb herself. Big, big wall to break down, but she put a dent in it today thinking about an absent mother.

I generally just root for the women on the show and hope they support each other and work through what they need. It just gives hope to see them succeed, even in a "little" way. I was surely rooting for Kim today, talking to the screen, telling her she could do it, she could do it, watching her struggle deeply to kick and scream and pound on the floor. I was sad that she couldn't do more, but not because it was her fault, but because she of the wall that she HAD to build up to protect herself growing up in the way she did. And when she couldn't do more, I just told the screen, it is hard to break that wall down, but you are feeling it and you did as good as you could right now. She'll be able to do more, she needs more exercises like that.

I thought it was okay for her to be doing that in group. Think how much harder she had to work doing it in front off all those people who she feels "detached" from and attacked by. And she did good.

Next time, perhaps, she can work it with just a life coach, and they can remind her that she did it before, she tapped into her feelings before, so she can do it again. GO KIM!!!

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Well, I didn't cry, I'm a lot like Kim, but I did fill in the blanks for each question about my own mother and it did hit a nerve.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I believe this is the most positive thread on this forum. My mom is the best. We did alot of fighting growing up especially during my teen years. But she was there for me 100% through my recent pregnancy and birth of my son. She completely cleaned and nicely decorated my apartment from top to bottom. Then she stood with me and my son throughout our hospital stay. Then she came to my apartment everyday for several weeks when we came home; cooking, cleaning and taking care of the baby. I love her to pieces!

ChristinaJB 158 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChristinaJB Click to send private message to ChristinaJB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Ok, I thought it was just me that cried! haha.
My husband watched with me and he even cried. It is so hard to see these really great people with so much pain. I admire them so much for putting it all out there on TV to show all of us that we aren't alone and everyone has issues to deal with.
I am cheering for all of them! Go Girls GO!

sharebear18_2000 106 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharebear18_2000 Click to send private message to sharebear18_2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
Thank you LisaW for starting this thread. I think as women, let me rephrase that, as strong , independant , free thinking women, its easy for us to sit back and judge how we view these women. But for the most part, we have all had someone impact our lives. I am grateful in my life its my Mom. Who happened to call last night , and I burst into tears when I heard her voice. I know , what a doink, but I just love her so much and I am so very grateful that she's still around for me to tell her that , and show her how much she means to me.

I think thats why Lisa1's treatment of her Mother when she visited the house pissed me off so bad. Her Mom seems funny and funky and made me laugh and Lisa1 is too damn self centered to realize what a jewel she is. Parents ARE NOT PERFECT ! Just like my grandparents did before my parents and I am doing now. WE all just do the best we know how. I pray that my generation has learned how to know when its time to do and learn more and better. (Sorry bad sentence structure, but you get my meaning)

In the words of Oprah Winfrey - "To be born a woman in the United States is the greatest blessing"

I also believe that our loved one's who have passed on are able to see us and how we live our lives, today is the day you can make them proud also.

Hope everyone has a nice , stress free weekend !

Thanks for the laughs and the fun I've found here !

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-28-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-06 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

Yes I did cry..but only for Kim. It was a combination of my empathy pains for her life, the exercise itself and her reactions, as well as the fact that she's feeling so disconnected with these women and then they expect her to let it all out right there in front of all of them!

roxyhoot 26 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail roxyhoot Click to send private message to roxyhoot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
YES! This is a great thread. Thanks for kicking this one off. I also cried, cried, cried for Kim. She's an amazing story and I hope and pray she makes it through the SO experience. She has a wonderful, loving husband and boy, and I look forward to seeing her blossum!

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-06 AT 06:43 PM (EST)

I was hoping the women in the house would learn about each others struggles by doing this exercise and not just turn inwards. But that comes from being able to watch on tv. If they sat there with their eyes closed, it's unlikely. I just hoped with Iyanla's summing up, etc, maybe they can walk away with, "oh, connections for her are complex and well-developed" vs "connections for her don't even exist" on more of a gut level.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-30-06, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
I bawled. I related to Jill the most. I have made my daughter the main focus in my life since my other daughter passed. I realized how much I depend on her to make ME feel better when I should be making HER feel better. I definitely don't want my daughter to feel towards me how Jill feels towards her mother. It's time for change ladies!!!!

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-06, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
No matter how upset I get with some of these ladies, there are certain times during SO when something touches me deeply and I have to sit and have a bawl-a-thon.

Such was this show. Jill loves her mother so but feels so drained by her. I especially felt touched by Christie. How awful to be so abandoned by a parent, especially your mother.

Kim has so many deep wounds that she has kept buried for so long that if she ever does let loose she will cry for days. I hope she can but have my doubts.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-30-06, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-06 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

Did any of you see the 20/20 special this week on Mother-Daughter relationships? If fit right in here.
I had a great mom...I couldn't think of anything missing to fill in the blanks with, but I did sympathize with those women. My mom was there, and that's the kind of mother I tried to be. I will never have to say "I wish I had spent more time with my kids" or stuff like that. They came absolutely first, and they are wonderful parents now.
The only thing I wish about my mom is that she hadn't died 12 years ago. But then she would be 95 now! We are in a chain of life, girls. So if you need to patch up a relationship, do it.

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-30-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: So did you cry when the ladys talked about there moms?"
This was the best exercise they have done all season IMO. So many women have "mother issues" and the different ones are well-represented in this group.

I can really feel for Jill as my mother is the same type. My father was an alcoholic, so she became overly involved in my and my brother's lives, possibly trying to make up for Daddy's inadequacies. She is also very controlling.

It is interesting to look at two parts of the mother-daughter chain in Jill and Lisa2. Lisa 2 is a mother like Jill's mother. The reason for this is her poor relationship with her husband and her own mother's distant personality. And this could certainly become true for Kim, if she does not correct her thinking/behavior that Jax is her "whole world." (My mother's mother was also kind of distant to her children, but very loving and fun to the grandchildren.)

IMO Lisa1's mother has always been the "bad guy," wanting Lisa to be more independent, etc., where Dad is happy to dole out money and affection. I think Lisa1's mother lacked parenting skills (she never taught Lisa to do anything)and possibly viewed Lisa as a rival for her husband's affections. However, I thought she was a cool lady and if Lisa could connect with her as a friend, they could have a good relationship.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •