The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summary writer sign-up thread for ESPN's Dream Job 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summary writer sign-up thread for ESPN's Dream Job 2"
This thread is the episode summary writer sign-up thread for "Dream Job 2," which premieres Tuesday, September 14 at 7PM ET and will be consist of X episodes.

To sign up, please post your interest in this thread, as well as any applicable date restrictions that you may have. Writer selection will be arbitrary, sorry. Please note however, that we are also running open sign-up threads for several other shows, so if you are planning to reply to more than one of the above mentioned open sign-up threads, it would be helpful if you could note the other shows in your reply, so that we can try and ensure any proposed schedule doesn't schedule you for back-to-back summaries, commit you to more summaries than you were expecting, etc.

As a reminder, while all our summary writing is on a volunteer basis, etc. reliablity, timeliness (or at least status communication) is important, and that while we can't offer anyone any $$$, we do occasionally partner with companies to promote stuff and, if we can, I do try and pass some of the goodies.

Based on our previous Fall summary thread, the following folks have already expressed interest:

- ssshaw
- Immunegirl
- survivorscott (vaca 11/4-11/11)
- Fishercat
- jack_bauer (tag-team interest)

...I'm still trying to find out exactly how many episodes the series will be, but right now I'm thinking that based on the amount of additional interest it gets, we'll alternate jack_bauer every-other-week with the other folks who are interested in doing single episodes.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Fishercat 09-04-04 1
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... survivorscott 09-06-04 2
 Proposed schedule SurvivorBlows 09-09-04 3
   RE: Proposed schedule Fishercat 09-09-04 4
   RE: Proposed schedule Immunegirl 09-09-04 5
   RE: Proposed schedule ssshaw 09-09-04 6
   RE: Proposed schedule jack_bauer 09-10-04 7
   RE: Proposed schedule survivorscott 09-10-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-04-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ESPN's Dream Job 2"
I think it was 6 episodes last year. (12 to 11 (1), 11 to 10 (2), 10 to 8 (3), 8 to 6 (4), 6 to 4 (5), 4 to 1 (6). However, since that was the first season, they very well could extend it. Just giving some history in case they do it that way again.

Confirming interest, no notable interest in other shows
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-06-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ESPN's Dream Job 2"
yet another show I legaly can not be on. Jeesh Louise

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Proposed schedule"
OK, well, I'm still unclear on exactly how many episodes there are of this, but I'm going to go with EIGHT for now... if it ends up being fewer/more than that we can make adjustments.

Episode 1 - Tuesday, September 14 - jack_bauer
Episode 2 - Tuesday, September 21 - survivorscott
Episode 3 - Tuesday, September 28 - jack_bauer
Episode 4 - Tuesday, October 5 - ssshaw
Episode 5 - Tuesday, October 12 - jack_bauer
Episode 6 - Tuesday, October 19 - Immunegirl
Episode 7 - Tuesday, October 26 - jack_bauer
Episode 8 - Tuesday, November 2 - Fishercat

Please reply below confirming the above episode works for you.

Thanks,
SB

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-09-04, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Proposed schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-04 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

It should be fine. That's my grandmother's birthday, but I can simply tape it and go over it (much like I would have done anyway) and I'll still jump-jack this baby out of here.

I didn't even realize I get an episode of this on my birthday, nice surprise. (since I miss TAR by a few weeks).
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-09-04, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Proposed schedule"
October 19th works for me. Thanks!

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-09-04, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Proposed schedule"
October 5 is fine.

jack_bauer 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-10-04, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jack_bauer Click to send private message to jack_bauer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Proposed schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 03:48 AM (EST)

Sure, I'm ready to go. If there end up being fewer than 8 just take my name off some of the later spaces. But I'll plan on summarizing the episodes on these dates unless instructed otherwise.

ETA: Where do I post said summaries? Other Shows Forum?

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-10-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Proposed schedule"
September 21. Gotcha

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •