The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"season 2 and 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-29-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"season 2 and 3"
I am watching both seasons at the same time. I record them oth them come home and watch them. I have seen the 1st 1/2 of season two so this is a refresher for me at this point. What I have noticed is: I agree with everyone about how season 3's women have not been called on their bad behavior, but I am seeing it happen big time on season two also. The was Denise is treating Candy is amazingly horrendous! Only thing that has been said is to Candy for being too controlling. Does anyone remember how caddy Denise was to Candy? SOOOOOO many smarta$$ remarks about her cleaning, ect...

THey have been working on Densie not being hurtful with her humor for a long time before Candy came into the house, now she is running unchecked.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: season 2 and 3 Baxtera 01-29-06 1
   RE: season 2 and 3 deededell 01-30-06 2
       RE: season 2 and 3 Baxtera 01-30-06 3
           RE: season 2 and 3 Ijustsharted 01-30-06 4
 RE: season 2 and 3 ming 02-23-06 5
 RE: season 2 and 3 Mama_Pita 02-23-06 6
   RE: season 2 and 3 Ijustsharted 02-23-06 7
       RE: season 2 and 3 Mama_Pita 02-23-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-29-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: season 2 and 3"
I really thought Season 1 was the only attempt at making the House a safe place and even then of course they had issues. However, they did call people on their behavior and they did have expectations around how people treated each other, etc. It seems ratings became an issue and the Real World atmosphere took over.

deededell 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-30-06, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: season 2 and 3"

When Season 1 came barreling out of the gates I can still remember thinking how this has got to be the best idea for a show that I have ever seen. I was absolutly engaged in every show, every day. For every fiber that roared with anger over Nyanza there was a total and fierce loyalty to Lori. If "the powers that be" would have just left that magic alone I believe they would have found a real success story.

Then, when great anticipation I waited for Season 2. I was horrified when they showed Rhonda's new sidekick and this totally obnoxious woman named "Iyanla". It became apparent really fast that Iyanla had no intention sharing the stage with anyone. SO went from a platform where women could safely allow there deepest part of themselves emerge and become molded into a force to be reckoned with. Now when a women comes to SO house they are whispered to in a threatening voice "Just know that I know who you are and you don't fool me". If Iyanla said that to me I would spend that next few days trying to figure out who this other person was that I was hiding. Don't get me wrong, Iyanla has done a lot of good things, but she has also made sure that all of the women she work with are made to feel less than her.

I will stop ranting now. Rhonda and Rana had just done some really great things the first season and I was just really upset when "Madam Butterfly" came in and decided only tell Rhonda's girls that they needed to not break the integrity of the house. But, when Allison, Karen, or Rachel do it she tells them that they need to stand up against the evil forces of the Universe.

I am sure there will be someone who will not agree with me. But if SO gets cancels I really believe it will be, in most part, because of Iyanla's selfish behavior. I think she owes all of us who watch and all of those who lived in the house season 2 and 3 and explanation for her childish behavior.

Hey, this is my opinion.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-30-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: season 2 and 3"
I felt the same way about season 1 I got really hooked on watching them and I liked the language that was used about the safety of the house and how they were to respect the sharing time etc. I thought I learned a great deal in the first season and looked forward to the start of the second.

The second season just seemed to mock the first but it was like watching a train wreck and it was hard to look away. I keep hoping that they'll get the show back to it's roots of a safe place for people to examine their lives and make real changes but I just don't see it happening.

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-30-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ijustsharted Click to send private message to Ijustsharted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: season 2 and 3"
The only thing wrong with watching season 1 over again I would have to suffer hearing audrey spout off about her "gift". GAG!

ming 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ming Click to send private message to ming Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: season 2 and 3"
I am in Atlanta and they air season 2 in the AM.

I just have to say I agree with you 110% about Denise and her general attitude. She seemed to be purposefully egging Candy on, taunting her, and generally being abusive and abrasive. She is one woman I would go out of my way to avoid.

Today they aired the episode where her husband gives her a report card and she flipped out on him because he didn't give her all A's, even though she thought she deserved all A's herself. Her husband seems like a genuinely nice guy who loves her and wants her to get the support she needs. Denise on the other hand should be forced to sit and see what her interactions with others truly look like. I wish the LCs would call her on this.

Train wreck!

As for the newest of the new season, I have a hard time liking any of the women who are in the house now. Jill is making big progress but I think she also needs to check in and see how her interactions with the others needs some addressing. She's quite judgemental with a few of the women and I often wonder what buttons are getting pushed.

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: season 2 and 3"
Ive been watching both seasons also, and with season 2 I just want to know if bethany recovered anything while under hypnosis? What was the final outcome, her website doesnt say.

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-23-06, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ijustsharted Click to send private message to Ijustsharted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: season 2 and 3"
>Ive been watching both seasons also,
>and with season 2 I
>just want to know if
>bethany recovered anything while under
>hypnosis? What was the
>final outcome, her website doesnt
>say.

Bethany never really recovered anything. Nothing happened tramatic. Her dad didnt have an affair and her aunt isnt gay.....LOL

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: season 2 and 3"
Geez the drama on this show. thanks for the input. makes me crazy when they leave ya hanging like that

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •