The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Now Jerri Can Go..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bruddah Max 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-15-01, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bruddah%20Max Click to send private message to Bruddah%20Max Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Now Jerri Can Go..."
Well, now that Colby, Tina, and Kieth can vote out Jerri (with Kucha's pitching in just for shame factor) without ruining the Ogakor majority, I'm sure they can do it. Everyone knows that Kucha pickage is inevitable now, why not make it pleasant by getting rid of the "wicked witch of the west" as Kieth puts it?

CTK vote with the Kuchas to pick off Jerri, then tell Amber to vote with them or they'll pick her off too. Amber is a follower so that shouldn't be hard. Scenario A:

9. Jerri
10. Nick
11. Amber
12. Elizabeth

Final Four = Colby, Kieth, Tina, Rodger

This assumes that Kieth & Tina don't do the Good Guys™ Alliance that seems to be brewing. That gives us Scenario B:

9. Jerri
10. Nick
11. Colby
12. Amber

Final Four = Rodger, Elizabeth, Tina, Kieth

Both are very viable (but of course speculative) possibilities. This assumes that Elizabeth (in scenario A) or Amber (in scenario B) does not pull a Super Kelly™ and win immunity challenges all over the place.

Anyone else care to pitch their Entirely Plausible But Speculative Theory™ for everyone to admire?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Bruddah Max 03-15-01 1
 Nope She Can't... IceCat 03-15-01 2
   or E10... AyatollahKhomeini 03-15-01 3
       E10 very unlikely for same reasons IceCat 03-15-01 5
           RE: E10 very unlikely for same reas... Pinky and the Brain 03-16-01 15
               Play out the game AyatollahKhomeini 03-19-01 24
                   RE: Play out the game ItzLisa 03-20-01 28
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... namssa 03-15-01 4
   Risky going into final 3 with Amber... IceCat 03-15-01 6
       RE: Risky going into final 3 with A... namssa 03-15-01 7
           More Combinations than Just Two IceCat 03-15-01 9
               RE: More Combinations than Just Two SurvivinDawg 03-16-01 16
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Kokoro 03-15-01 8
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... GAPMAN400 03-15-01 10
   RE: Now Jerri Can Go... HomeBrewer 03-16-01 13
       RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Loree 03-16-01 14
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Dalton 03-15-01 11
   semi-rational reasons why they SHOU... LowRent 03-16-01 12
       Good Grief. ACPS65 03-17-01 17
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Minstrel 03-18-01 18
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Annadad 03-18-01 19
   RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Loree 03-18-01 20
       RE: Now Jerri Can Go... SurvivinDawg 03-18-01 21
           RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Annadad 03-18-01 22
               RE: Now Jerri Can Go... SurvivinDawg 03-18-01 23
                   Colby's tactics AyatollahKhomeini 03-19-01 25
           RE: Now Jerri Can Go... ItzLisa 03-20-01 29
 RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Bruddah Max 03-19-01 26
   RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Loree 03-20-01 27
       RE: Now Jerri Can Go... Irisheyes 03-20-01 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-15-01, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bruddah%20Max Click to send private message to Bruddah%20Max Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
The lesson here is - do not put comments in brackets, use parenthesis. Sigh.

Scenario A:

9. Jerri (it can be done safely - bye bye, Jerri)
10. Nick (strongest Kucha)
11. Amber (CTK vote against her for being such a Jerri tool, can still keep their majority)
12. Elizabeth (hard choice here, but she is stronger than Rodger who is a better (i.e. weaker) opponent at the physical immunity challenge that is certain to be done for the final four spot.)

Final Four = Colby, Kieth, Tina, Rodger

Scenario B:

9. Jerri (has to be done - they all hate her)
10. Nick (has to be done - one more Kucha must go, but T&K are already talking with Elizabeth and Rodger)
11. Colby (strongest one left for physical immunity - he must go. I suspect this is where Elizabeth ropes Colby in to have him vote for Amber, and feels guilty about lying to Colby now.)
12. Amber (odd one out at this point)

Final Four = Rodger, Elizabeth, Tina, Kieth

Ok, hopefully that clears up my theorizing.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-01, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Nope She Can't..."
If they vote her off now, that would leave 5 Ogas and 3 Kuchas...

Next TC Desperate Amber could align herslef with the 3 desperate Kuchas to make a 4 person alliance.

The Keith/Tina/Colby alliance have the sense between them to think more than one vote ahead...

Jerri stays put until EP11

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-15-01, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "or E10..."
...but Jerri's safe for E9.

03-15-01, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "E10 very unlikely for same reasons"
Kucha goes in E9... Leaves: 2-Kucha 5-Oga

Jerri goes in E10... Leaves 2-Kucha 4-Oga (Amber could switch for 3 vs 3) Keith/Tina/Colby won't allow this.

Kucha goes in E10... Leaves 1-Kucha 5-Oga

Jerri goes in E11... Leaves 1 Kucha 4-Oga (Even if Amber switched its still 3-2 in favor of Keith/Colby/Tina)

I really can't see Jerri going until EP11... when Amber has no recourse.

Pinky and the Brain 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-16-01, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to send private message to Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: E10 very unlikely for same reasons"
If Kucha goes in E9, then Jerri/Amber would be smart to align with 2 remaining Kucha - - almost guaranteeing them a trip to final 4 (picking off in succession Keith/Tina/Colby if possible) and taking their chances with the IC once they are in final 4. The prior votes against Jerri may dissuade her from doing this, but this seems like that is their only logical course of action.

Once at the final 4, Jerry/Amber each have a 1 in 4 chance of advancing by immunity. Otherwise, Jerry/Amber should know that they are sitting ducks (nothwithstanding Colby's half-hearted re-assurance to them) and will more than likely be the first to go in the event of an all Oga final 5.

03-19-01, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Play out the game"
The problem with this strategy, PatB (love the name -- are you plotting to rule the world?), is so simple that I missed it when I originally evaluated this strategy. Jerri isn't worried about getting to the final three, because she believes that Colby is going to carry her there, along with Amber. Because Jerri is loyal to others, she expects them to be loyal to her. She isn't looking to double-cross anyone. Therefore, she doesn't realize that her current strategy is on the verge of disaster.

As far as Amber switching sides to the Kucha, I could see her doing that ONLY if she liked them and they liked her. Elisabeth has naively burned her chances to create such an alliance by falling for Benedict Tina's BS. Nick's illness also makes it problematic whether an insurgency could last, since Nick may have to bolt to the hospital at some point. All in all, I think Colby can keep Amber loyal to Ogakor (as well as keep her warm at night once Jerri leaves).

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-01, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Play out the game"

> All in all, I think Colby can keep Amber loyal to Ogakor (as well as keep her warm at night once Jerri leaves).

***Yeah, I'm beginning to sense Amber's loyalties shifting towards Colby. She strikes me as young enough and immature enough to let a potential crush start to sway her thoughts and reasonings.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

namssa 24 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-01, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail namssa Click to send private message to namssa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
Why boot Jerri now? If I were there I would try and get myself in the final 2 with Jerri. If you get in the final 2 with Jerri it's a guarantee that the 1 million is yours. Nobody will vote Jerri the winner. I think she stays quite a while.

2 possiblilies:

1) Nick is next.

Now that it is 5-2 Keith, Tina and Colby will boot off Jerri

Amber will get in with Liz and Roger and boot Colby in 3-3 tie but Colby with 5 votes loses the tie-breaker.

Keith gets immunity and they (except Liz) all together vote off Roger in a 3-2 vote.

Final 4 Keith, Liz, Tina, Amber.

2) Straight Kucha voting.

Nick
Liz
Roger
Now Colby has a decision to make. Vote off Jerri aligning with Tina and Keith. Or vote off Keith alignin with Jerri and Amber.

Smart play is to vote off Keith, then Tina. Win final immunity and vote off Amber. Colby vs. Jerri. That would be an 8-1 vote for him!

We'll just have to wait and see!

03-15-01, 08:59 PM (EST)
6. "Risky going into final 3 with Amber AND Jerri"
Colby would absolutely require immunity to survive as neither Amber nor Jerri would want to go to final vote against Colby. Better to split this alliance earlier and take the weaker of the two (Amber) further on... Neither Amber nor Jerri stand a chance in the final vote unless they are the last two. Either one would be a great choice to be against in the final two... but too dangerous together to go against for the final three...

namssa 24 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-01, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail namssa Click to send private message to namssa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Risky going into final 3 with Amber AND Jerri"
I disagree because going into the final 3 with Keith and Tina is more dangerous for 2 reasons. Colby is too likeable and both Keith and Tina will likely vote off Colby. And winning final immunity agains Jerri/Amber would be easier than Keith/Tina. Plus I'm not so sure Jerri wouldn't pick Colby to go to the final 2. Especially if Colby turns on the juices with Jerri in the final few days. We all know Jerri likes Colby. If he know's he'll be in the final 3 with Jerri he can play Jerri for that final vote. Remember... Jerri thinks that Colby is still in her alliance with Amber. Colby really has all the cards... he's is plaything this game brilliantly.

03-15-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
9. "More Combinations than Just Two"
A Tina/Keith vs. Colby scenario being less attractive does not neccesarily make Jerri/Amber more likely.

It doesn't have to be a choice between:

Jerri/Amber vs. Colby

OR

Tina/Keith vs. Colby

Here's a possible scenario...

Going into EP11... 1 Kucha and 5 Ogas...
Jerri gets booted

Going into EP12... 1 Kucha and 4 Okas...
Last Kucha gets booted

Going into EP13... Colby Keith Tina Amber
Colby secretly aligns with Amber. 2-way tie Amber vs. Keith
Keith loses on prior votes.

Going into EP14... Colby Amber Tina (a diff combo)

or
Going into EP13... Colby Keith Tina Amber
Colby and Keith align and vote off Tina because she is too popular.

Going into EP14... Colby Keith Amber (another diff combo)

There are more than two choices...

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-01, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: More Combinations than Just Two"
>
>Going into EP13... Colby Keith Tina
>Amber
>Colby secretly aligns with Amber.
>2-way tie Amber vs. Keith
>
>Keith loses on prior votes.

Right now, Colby has more votes (5) than Keith (3). Are you expecting Keith to pick up Kucha votes along the way, or do you expect K/T to vote for Amber, believing that Colby would vote for Amber also?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-01, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
<<then tell Amber to vote with them or they'll pick her off too>>

Don't you think that would make Amber even more likely to defect?

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

GAPMAN400 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-01, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GAPMAN400 Click to send private message to GAPMAN400 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
How could Nick possibly make it to the final 4? He's like a camera man without a camera!

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-01, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
>How could Nick possibly make it
>to the final 4?
>He's like a camera man
>without a camera!

This is exactly how he makes it. I do not think anyone even remembers what his name is. How could they possibly write it down.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-01, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
I agree about Nick. The guy is so far under the radar that we don't even remember he is there. For some reason MB wants us to forget about Nick. Surely Nick is doing some talking to the others. We just don't hear it. He voted for Jerri. So obviously there were talks between him with Alicia, Liz and Rodger. I keep thinking Nick is going to slip through to the final 4 or 5. Then he will be out. He won't win. But he may be around longer than the other Kuchas.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-15-01, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
Of course they "Can" BudMax but why in the name of
anything rational SHOULD they???

Jerri is necessary right now; she can be booted
anytime.

Next episode it is much more smart to vote out
Elisabeth. Lis is making too much headway sucking
up to Tina. Plus Lis carries Rodger's vote in her
hip pocket.

Chopping cute, sweet, little Lis' neck like one
of those chickens they couldn't wait to eat should:

1) Scare the bejesus out of Rodger.
2) Lull Amber into a false sense of security
----being the only cute chick left.
and
3) Possibly wake Nick from his stupor; or not!

Forget what would make S2 "more pleasant" because
its outwit, outlast, outplay.

Dalton

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-01, 04:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "semi-rational reasons why they SHOULD ditch Jerri"
Here's why they'll ditch Jerri:

1) They've been DYING to since episode 6 (Mike's burns postponed her departure)
2) Next week will be the first opportunity to ditch her and still maintain an Ogakor majority..stress is relieved..Ogakor will be stronger without her.
3) Amber will remain loyal. She'll be confused for a day or two, but Tina or Colby will explain to her what has happened (hopefully with pictures and/or a puppet show) That girl is dumber than a wet carrot.

Or

Knowing that only one Oga would need to defect to oust Jerri in a 4-4 tiebreaker, Perhaps Tina or Keith will try to "Pull a Colby" and attempt to play both sides, voting with Kucha one week and then back to Oga the next...this might be suicidal or brilliant maneuvering.

We'll use Benedict Tina in example:
Week 9 she votes with Kucha against Jerri, leaving Og Members =4 K=3
Week 10 votes with Ogas, Og=4 K=2
Week 11 votes with Kucha, Og=3 K=2
Week 12 votes with Ogas, Og=3 K=1
Week 13 votes with last Kucha Og=2 K=1
Week 14 votes with Keith to oust last Kucha (providing she or Keith wins immunity)

This would definitely shake things up again, with very close votes and more tiebreakers, but what a great strategy!!

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-17-01, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Good Grief."
Or maybe, Kucha gets picked off seeing how now it's 5 Ogakor's to what, 3 Kucha's?
Yeesh.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-18-01, 05:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
It's still too dangerous to take Jerri out now from an Ogakor point of view. At 5-2, the insurance is there and so is the final four. Immunity could ruin the best laid plans. In fact, Kucha should approach Jerri in an effort to take out Keith, Colby, and Tina. Obviously the attempt to pull Tina last week failed. They need a "same boat" scenario and Jerri is most likely in the same boat as the Kuchas.

Annadad 26 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-01, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Annadad Click to send private message to Annadad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."

I don't think they can afford to get rid of Jerri just yet.
That would leave them with 3 Kuchas left and only 4 Ogies with one of those four being Amber, Jerri's lovely assistant. I don't think they could count on Amber's vote to polish off the rest of the Kuchas after they ousted her buddy. Amber would make a bee line for the surviving Kuchas, team up with them and force a 4-4 vote. Colby and Keith have a lot of prior votes so they would lose the tie breaker. The all powerful Ogie alliance would be history, losing out to the newly created "Kuchawhore" alliance of Roger, Liz, Amber and Nick.

I want Jerri out as much as the next guy but the Ogies would be stupid to get rid of her in Ep. 9. In Ep. 10, it is a different story. You have to remember that there are two-person alliances all over the Outback that form voting blocks within tribal blocks. Amber/Jerri, Liz/Roger, Keith/Tina. With Jerri gone, Amber would know that she was next sooner or later. She would have to give the Kuchas a try. In Ep 10, it would be 5-2, Ogies over Kuchas. Now they could dump Jerri and Amber and still have a moajority over the remaining Kuchas. This is the scenario I think makes the most sense for Keith/Tina and Colby as well. I've already analyzed this so I won't repeat it. If you want to see how it plays out, check out:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/880.shtml

03-18-01, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
I don't really think there is much worry about Amber joining up with the Kuchas if Jerri is booted. She will stay safely in with the Ogakors. Colby will tell her to stay put. And like a good lap dog - she will. Amber doesn't strike me as bright enough to figure out to team up with Kuchas.

I think Jerri is going soon. She can then spend time becoming buddy-buddy with Alicia at the ranch. She will be booted in the next two TC. I am hoping she goes this time. But if she doesn't go at the next TC it will be Rodger. Then Jerri. But I think MB has stuck the "clips" episode in now to keep Jerri on the show an extra week. So she could go at the next TC.

03-18-01, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
I agree with you, Loree... Amber's allegiance is moving to Colby, not Jerri. Coming back to camp from that dinner to that FROSTY reception has given Amber reason for pause. When Colby explains to her that Jerri is the problem and that Amber is in great danger by sticking with Jerri, Colby will (to use falconing terminology) break Amber to his fist.

Jerri is next: the others want to play the game in peace and relative friendship, and Jerri can use the time to write her "Perfect Rice Cookbook".

Annadad 26 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-01, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Annadad Click to send private message to Annadad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."

Amber might not be a "Jeopardy" finalist but she can't be stupid enough to listen to Colby after he opposed her and Jerri to vote off Mitchell and again to vote off Jerri. Besides, Colby loses nothing by waiting another week to toast Jerri. Even if you guys are right and Amber is too stupid to line up with the remaining Kuchas, why should Colby, Tina and Keith take the risk that she will have a sudden epiphany and run to Kucha after Jerri is wasted by her own tribe? Jerri is a pain but with a million bucks on the line, why take chances when you can just knock out a Kucha this week and Jerri next week? That is when you can be sure that Amber won't defect to Kucha, when it won't do her any good to do so. Taking a Kucha out in Ep 9 and Jerri out in Ep 10 leaves it 4-2, Ogies over Kucha. If Amber defected then, it would be too late as it would just make it 3 Ogies to 3 Kucha, forcing a tiebreaker. In fact, since Keith and Colby have quite a few prior votes, they might not even want to risk an Amber defection in Ep 11 by voting off Jerri in Ep 10, causing Amber to flee to the last two Kucha. They are too vulnerable in a tie breaker. They might not be able to vote off Jerri safely until Ep 11, unless they make a deal with a couple Kuchas themselves.

Thats the scenario I like: Vote off one more Kucha and then Tina, Keith and Colby make a deal with the two remaining Kucha and then vote off Jerri and Amber in Ep 10 and 11. After that, the Ogie alliance kicks back in and the two Kuchas are voted out leaving Keith, Tina and Colby in the final three to duke it out.

That leaves plenty of time for Jerri to become friends with Alicia and allows for one Kucha to make the final four (I'd say Liz). It also covers the Tina spoilers.

03-18-01, 07:15 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-01 AT 07:23 PM (EST)

Okay, let's take this step by step (nothing personal or trying to pick on you, Annadad)

>Amber might not be a "Jeopardy"
>finalist but she can't be
>stupid enough to listen to
>Colby after he opposed her
>and Jerri to vote off
>Mitchell and again to vote
>off Jerri.

Colby even brought it up in E8 in the "Hyena" night chat, telling J & A that "Keith owes me one." Colby explained his actions to a (right peeved) Jerri about that Keith/Mitchell vote. You are right, however, that it might still be in the back of J&A's minds. It's a risk, but I think that Colby thinks that he has it under control.

>Besides, Colby
>loses nothing by waiting another
>week to toast Jerri.

I must disagree with this. Jerri might have that "epiphany" and see the forest instead of the trees. It is in Colby's interests to go ahead and let Jerri "happen".

>Even if you guys are
>right and Amber is too
>stupid to line up with
>the remaining Kuchas, why should
>Colby, Tina and Keith take
>the risk that she will
>have a sudden epiphany and
>run to Kucha after Jerri
>is wasted by her own
>tribe?

It is indeed a risk, but a) Jerri is going to be waxed by EVERYONE, not just her own tribe, b) Colby can explain to Amber that she might have been in the same boat with Jerri if she (Amber) remained allied to Jerri, c) Amber still will know that her survival would hinge on Colby, NOT Kucha. In fact in a C/A/K/T final four with Colby winning immunity would be very good for Amber's health (Colby would rather keep Amber than either K or T with Final Immunity looming). d) if Keith and Tina insist on booting Jerri, Colby will not have much choice but to go along, or risking his whole house of cards.

> Jerri is a
>pain but with a million
>bucks on the line, why
>take chances when you can
>just knock out a Kucha
>this week and Jerri next
>week? That is when
>you can be sure that
>Amber won't defect to Kucha,
>when it won't do her
>any good to do so.

Actually, using your theses above, the same scenario applies in a 5-2 situation. After Jerri goes, making it 4-2, an Amber defection makes it 3-3. So those posts that Jerri can't be safely booted until 5-1 would hold under this logic. This has been the crux of the entire debate on this thread. My position on it is simply that the risk is less than the reward for them to go ahead and wax Jerri NOW.

03-19-01, 01:01 AM (EST)
25. "Colby's tactics"
Colby has lots on his mind. Tina is busily praying with Rodger and Elisabeth. Jerri is whining in his ear. Keith is winning ICs. What's an Ogakor leader to do?

Well, he has three big problems. One is a potential Keith, Tina, Rodger, Elisabeth alliance. Colby, unlike Liz, knows all of Benedict Tina's history and was in the Jerri/Mitchell alliance with her; he knows she will change sides if she thinks it is to her advantage. The second is the fact that Keith and Tina want rid of Jerri, who is a solid vote supporting Colby. The third is what we'll call the "Michael factor": the possibility of a game-changing injury if the margin between Kucha and Ogakor ever slipped to one vote.

How to address all three? Well, first, get rid of either Rodger or Liz. Second, promise Keith and Tina that you'll support them in voting off Jerri in the next episode if they agree to dump Rodger or Liz now. If you tell Jerri and Amber that Liz is the target, the final vote will be (at worst) 3-2-2, and Jerri is gone. Finally, assure Amber that you're going on to an all-Ogakor Final Four, but that you couldn't tell her ahead of time about the decision to boot Jerri; after a few back rubs, she'll come around and Ogakor will still have its 2-person majority.

Final four: 1st Keith, 2nd Amber, 3rd Tina, 4th Colby

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
>I agree with you, Loree... Amber's allegiance is moving to Colby, not Jerri. Coming back to camp from that dinner to that FROSTY reception has given Amber reason for pause.

*** Yup - I backed this up somewhere else on this post. A young girl with a crush equals scrambled thoughts in allegiance with the guy, not her gal-pal.

>Jerri is next: the others want to play the game in peace and relative friendship

*** And I truly believe that too. I keep voting for Jerri in Superman's weekly boot-off picks based on that feeling. And hell, Tina came right out and said in in episode 8!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

03-19-01, 03:28 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
Colby's a nice guy but if I were Tina or Kieth I don't think I'd want to be facing him in immunity challenges in the final 4 or 5 - would you?

Jerri must go because no one wants her to pull a "Super Kelly" (entirely possible) and immunity herself into the final two. That guarantees that wench $100 large and I don't think Kieth or Tina could live with that.

I still see Kieth and Tina gravitating toward the other two "nice Christian folks" in Rodger and Elizabeth, with the thinking that if they don't win at least they'll feel good about the person who does win. Colby is a physical threat (as is Nick but not as much) and the "go team" mentality is sure to dissipate in favor of personal relationships. Survivor I's Tagi alliance was really only 3 people (Rich, Rudy, Sue) and only lasted as long as it did because by the time people figured out there was an alliance it was too late to do anything about it. I don't see any alliance in Ogakor more than two people strong - Kieth/Tina, Jerri/Amber and Colby is a swing vote.

Of course, Survivor I was determined by Greg Buis's random number vote, which brilliantly negated the whole purpose of the game. Perhaps something similarly interesting will happen this time. These next two weeks will be interesting indeed.

03-20-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
I have read everyone's reasons for voting Jerri now or waiting.

We all know the Kuchas want Jerri out now. Keith and Tina can't stand her and want to live in harmony till the end. Amber relies on Jerri. Colby probably feels more secure with Jerri around for now. But if Keith and Tina want to vote Jerri out at this time, what can Colby say to stop them? He could make them suspicious that he really is in an alliance with Jerri and Amber rather than with them (Tina & Keith). I think Tina and Keith hold the choice of when Jerri goes. And how Jerri behaves leading up to the next TC may have alot to do with the vote. Will it be Rodger or Jerri? Those are my 2 choices.

Jerri is the one who insisted that the camp be built down on the sand by the river. Does the camp flood now because of her choice? Would that be the reason she is finally voted off?

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-01, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Now Jerri Can Go..."
I totally agree with namssa, keep Jerri until the Final Two. Who will vote her for the million? That would be my strategy

Here's what I think may happen.
Nick is voted out next. Too strong a threat. Unless he wins immunity, which I don't see happenning.
Amber is next.
Even though I think it would be best to keep Jerri, they will be sick of her and vote her off.
Rodger is next...
Leaving the Final Four to be Elizabeth, Keith, Tina, Colby.
Colby Rules!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •