The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Day in the Life of Ryan Seacrest"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-04, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Day in the Life of Ryan Seacrest"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-04 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

Now, before all you Ryan haters get your butts in a bunch, let me explain why I am writing this. I am confused after reading the article found here: http://www.usaweekend.com/04_issues/040516/040516seacrest.html

The reporter goes through his morning radio show, his noon TV show, and then on to the Idol stage. Read the following:

The big show

"Idol" is one of the top-rated shows in the country, and watching Seacrest navigate his way through its process makes you wonder whether that would still be the case if anybody else were at the hosting helm. He is in constant motion, going from meetings to rehearsal to makeup to more meetings and then to the show, and despite so many people buzzing around him at all times with all sorts of requests and directions, he seems to pull it all off with extraordinary ease. The taping is seamless, finishing at 7 p.m., and before the audience has a chance to filter out of the studio and clutter up the parking lot, Seacrest is back in the car, headed for home.

Now, here is why I am confused, and I am hoping someone can answer the questions raised. If the show is supposedly LIVE, how can it finish taping "seamlessly" at 7 PM? In NY, we are 3 hours ahead of CA. HOW could we tune in at 8 PM our time, if it would be 5 PM in CA? Does LIVE simply mean in front of the live audience? If so, why is it so hard for them to show real clips of the performances at the end of the show? (Instead of clips taken from the rehearsals). They say they can't edit that fast. They make it sound like they can't get it done in the few minutes they have. Just do it while you're slipping in all those commercials, for Pete's sake.

If they are starting taping at 9 PM (NY Time), how can we be watching at 8 PM????? So, apparently they tape them a day ahead??? If so, once again, why can't they edit fast enough? But, once again, if the shows were taped a day earlier, how would they get the results shows done? We would be voting while they're taping the results show, wouldn't we?

Ayak, you're the guy with all the answers. Hope you have some here! Something doesn't sit right. Maybe the reporter was talking about a rehearsal, but it wasn't noted. Hope I don't sound too far out in left field. Maybe there are very good answers. But, I am feeling rather put off by the whole thing right now. LIVE? Now I have to wonder, ya know? I can't imagine that Ryan has to be there day after day for rehearsals, does he? I could see the contestants getting used to the stage and all while they rehearse their songs. But, why would TAPING seamlessly end at 7 PM for rehearsals?? And, if it's for rehearsal, what's the audience doing there? UGGGH. (I get dizzy going round and round with this!)

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)
(edited to try to bold the article clip - didn't work.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Day in the Life of Ryan Seac... sodiumswirl 05-17-04 1
 I think Breezy 05-17-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-04, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Day in the Life of Ryan Seacrest"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-04 AT 01:44 AM (EST)

hyr

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-04, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I think"
he's referring to a taping of the rehearsal.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •