The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lucemarie 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lucemarie Click to send private message to lucemarie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Go to this link http://www.panachereport.com/home.htm and click breaking news, middle column, remember, middle column, breaking news, if u can't click on the link, type it in your browser manaully.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... Bebo 05-13-04 1
 RE: That's not NEWS OPS 05-13-04 2
   RE: That's not NEWS Bebo 05-13-04 5
       RE: That's not NEWS OPS 05-13-04 6
           RE: That's not NEWS Bebo 05-13-04 8
   RE: That's not NEWS hotwetgirl1981 05-13-04 7
       Sorry, no AyaK 05-13-04 29
           RE: Sorry, no idlegossip 05-14-04 46
               RE: Sorry, no hotwetgirl1981 05-15-04 50
           RE: Sorry, no hotwetgirl1981 05-15-04 49
   RE: That's not NEWS missygirl3 05-14-04 38
 Luce is right! ElroyJetson 05-13-04 3
   RE: Luce is right! mistofleas 05-13-04 18
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... greenmonstah 05-13-04 4
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... hotwetgirl1981 05-13-04 9
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... ElroyJetson 05-13-04 11
       RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... hotwetgirl1981 05-13-04 20
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... Olena 05-13-04 24
       RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... hotwetgirl1981 05-13-04 28
           Disagree again AyaK 05-13-04 31
               RE: Disagree again hotwetgirl1981 05-15-04 51
 Oops Breezy 05-13-04 10
   RE: Oops RealityAddict 05-13-04 14
   RE: Oops wildchickenhunter 05-13-04 15
       *waves* Breezy 05-13-04 17
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... sea0tter12 05-13-04 12
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... hotwetgirl1981 05-13-04 21
       RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... sea0tter12 05-13-04 32
           RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... hotwetgirl1981 05-15-04 48
       Are you serious? SeacrestOut 05-14-04 41
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... Olena 05-13-04 25
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... wildchickenhunter 05-13-04 13
   C'mon, WCH! mrc 05-13-04 16
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... geg6 05-13-04 19
       RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... wildchickenhunter 05-13-04 22
           Of course I would... geg6 05-13-04 23
           RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... realityshowgeek 05-14-04 35
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... AaliyahFan 05-13-04 26
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... nailbone 05-14-04 37
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... mixmaster59 05-13-04 27
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... realityjunky 05-13-04 30
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... So_Opinionated 05-14-04 33
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... realityjunky 05-14-04 34
       RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... nailbone 05-14-04 39
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... seahorse 05-14-04 36
 The problem with the voting is... PagongRatEater 05-14-04 40
   RE: The problem with the voting is.... seahorse 05-14-04 42
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... Oscirus 05-14-04 43
   RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... JOSHIDOL 05-14-04 44
       RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... callalilly3000 05-14-04 45
           RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... HuskiesFan 05-15-04 47
           RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... artist 05-18-04 53
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... ValleyGirl 05-15-04 52
 RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN... nattynats 05-19-04 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Welcome to the forums, but please take a moment to read the community guidelines. I deleted your post on the other forum, since it was identical to this one. Repeating a post on multiple forums is explicitly against the guidelines.

OPS 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OPS Click to send private message to OPS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: That's not NEWS"
What you just told us to read is not NEWS. It's someone's opinion.

Saying that there's racism on the show because Clay and Reuben aren't touring together? What a crock. Do they seem like they'd be friends outside the show? Reuben's tour bus got stopped and they found marijuana on it. Doesn't sound like Clay's Bible thumping scene to me.

Or to claim racism because Ruben is not as famous as Clay? What about this? Neither Justin Guarini nor Kelly Clarkson are doing as well as Tamyra Gray. So why is that? Racism against whites? More crap.

Was that person trying to claim that American Idol doesn't want black people to be successful in the music industry? How stupid is that? Black people buy CD's and go to concerts, don't they?
Yeah, sure, that's why Janet Jackson is so unpopular, right? The music industry is about who can make the most MONEY. The only color that matters is GREEN.

The only racism in that column is from the author. Maybe we should discuss SEXISM, and why it was only 4 women left.

05-13-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: That's not NEWS"
Do they seem like they'd be friends outside the show?

Actually, in numerous interviews, both say that they are good friends. But it makes sense that they don't tour together, since they perform different styles of music.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

OPS 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OPS Click to send private message to OPS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: That's not NEWS"
Actually, in numerous interviews, both say that they are good friends....

With all due respect, what ELSE are they going to say? I'm sure they LIKE each other, but that's not the same as being friends who hang out together.

05-13-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: That's not NEWS"
They're both on the road, but they do talk regularly. I'm in the middle of Clay Aiken Land, so our news has detailed coverage and interviews. Clay has commented on the frequency of their talks and when those talks have taken place in a number of interviews.

And if you'd like a different anti-racism example from AI2, Clay and Kimberely Locke are such good friends that she's staying at his house in California.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

hotwetgirl1981 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hotwetgirl1981 Click to send private message to hotwetgirl1981 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: That's not NEWS"
To: OPS

"Reuben's tour bus got stopped and they found marijuana on it."

As all of the news has said Ruben was not on the bus.

The reason why Ruben, Kimberely and Clay are not on tour together is b/c Ruben is not on the same record label as them.
That's why you hardly ever see AI advertising Ruben.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Sorry, no"
Actually, it's Kimberley who isn't on the same record label as Clay and Ruben.

Kelly is on RCA Records, part of the BMG Music Group that reports to Clive Davis.
Clay is on RCA Records, part of the BMG Music Group that reports to Clive Davis.
Ruben is on J Records, part of the BMG Music Group that reports to Clive Davis (and is co-owned by Clive Davis).
American Juniors are on Zomba Records, part of the BMG Music Group that reports to Clive Davis.
Kimberley is on Curb Records, distributed by Universal -- no connection to BMG.

By the way, this shows which Idol Clive Davis expected to be more successful -- notice which one is on the label that Clive co-owns? But Clay's CD has sold almost 3 million, Kelly's has sold over 2 million, and Ruben's has sold about 1.5 million.

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Sorry, no"
*worships Ayak, as he is so darn smart!*

Thanks, Ayak, I was momentarily stunned by the information in the post you corrected. Whew! I couldn't imagine WHY the top Idol in AI3 would be on a different label that had nothing to do with AI. What ever would we do without you?

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

05-15-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hotwetgirl1981 Click to send private message to hotwetgirl1981 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Sorry, no"
Not everyone can write the right music for a person voice. Clive is the owner not the producer. Which meaning that he could have own 10 record labels with them being produced by different people.

05-15-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Sorry, no"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-04 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

The are owned by the him but the people who produces Clay and Kelly music are the same and Ruben is produced by some other guys. Seen it on that special when AI season 2 were doing their tour.

Clay has 3 albums and so does Kelly. Ruben CD sold more then that. His CD sold 2 million before it even came out!!!!! They have more CD's then Ruben. Ruben CD sold more then Clay and has been on the billboard charts the longest.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: That's not NEWS"
I agree. stop playing the race card. It is so absurd.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Luce is right!"
It's obviously a racist plot! There are hardly any blacks in popular music today! Oh, wait. Never mind.

Stop TROLL discrimination. Intolerance will not be tolerated!!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Luce is right!"
now we are hearing complaints from people who are upset that Fantasia (last remaining black female) shouldn't win the contest because she is a single mother,

Hey! This person has been reading RTVW!!

--would say they've been reading it "wrong" as well

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Every time I click on the link, I forget which column I am suppose to look in...the left? No! Wait! The right...Hold on...which forum am I in right now?

Better get back to OT where there are no confusing links or columns...

05-13-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
I agree with the article. Why is Clay getting so much publicity. I do understand that Clay is a good singer but he didn't, win get over it. Ruben is the American Idol winner not Clay.

What is the big deal?

I think that there should be some rule that if the judges think, that person didn't deserve to be eliminate then they should beable to override it and eliminate the correct person in there eyes.

Right about know I don't care who wins the show as long as its not Jasmine. But I wouldn't be surprised if America selects her b/c of those tears!!!!!

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
I think that there should be some rule that if the judges think, that person didn't deserve to be eliminate then they should beable to override it and eliminate the correct person in there eyes.

That would make the show "Judge's Idol" and kind of defeat the premise of the show. I wouldn't be surprised to see some overhaul of the voting system. It'll be tough tho.

Don't worry, we haven't seen the last of La Toya.

05-13-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
20. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
I guess your right.

Yeah we will see her again

Olena 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Olena Click to send private message to Olena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Come on now people the real reason Ruben isn’t getting no action on the music seen has nothing to do with racism it's just the fact that unless he loses weight the boy's not marketable material. And yah Jasmine should not win and she isn't but for the judges to be able to over ride America is foolish that's why it's called American idol no judges idol it's our votes that make or break the contestants.

05-13-04, 07:42 PM (EST)
28. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
To:Olena

"Come on now people the real reason Ruben isn’t getting no action on the music seen has nothing to do with racism it's just the fact that unless he loses weight the boy's not marketable material"

Are you serious??? There are many big people who are marketable material... Luther Vandross, Aretha Franklin, Queen Latifah, Kimberely Locke (now she has lost weight but when she was big), Star Jones, Kelly Price and many more. Size doesn't have anything to do with it. Ruben album is still on the billboard charts. Like I said before Ruben isw not on the same record label as Kelly and Clay so the AI staff is not marketing him!!!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Disagree again"
Like I said before Ruben isw not on the same record label as Kelly and Clay so the AI staff is not marketing him

See my post above. I should have also mentioned that Kelly, Clay and Ruben are all managed by Simon Fuller's 19 Management, so AI IS marketing him. It's Kimberley, again, who is the outsider.

Want proof? Look at the ad for Ruben's CD (along with Kelly's & Clay's, and even poor Justin Guarini's CD) on the American Idol website, as well as the blurb plugging his CD at the bottom of the page:

http://www.idolonfox.com/home.htm

See any ads for Kimberley's?

05-15-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Disagree again"
Are you picking on me??

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Oops"
I must have clicked on the wrong thing, it's telling me all about being a weekend high-price call girl. Geesh like I didn't already know how to charge Johns.

My first summary

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Oops"
Well Breezy, you ARE a playboy centerfold...

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Oops"
Like they could tell you anything new about that.

****waves at Breezy****

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

You set yourself up for that one.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "*waves*"
Hey there Honey! I could give them a few pointers.

My first summary

sea0tter12 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sea0tter12 Click to send private message to sea0tter12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Some people really need to learn the difference between opinion and fact. Clay is getting more publicity because he is more popular ... with their voting system, every one who wants to vote doesn't always get to ... I tried several times to vote for Clay and Diana and LaToya, and I've always gotten busy signals. If the voting took place over 24 hours, I think we'd get a much better sampling as to who is more popular.

Ruben has no stage presence or personality, in any case. Nor does his audience overlap much with Kelly Clarkson's.

And in my opinion, LaToya and Fantasia were splitting the votes for the demographic that would buy their record, whereas Jasmine and Diana appeal to a different demographic and didn't split too many votes. Unfortunately, Fantasia won that battle. LaToya is such a loss to the show.

05-13-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
21. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
The show isn't about personality, it's about the voice. And Ruben has Clay beaten by a mile when it comes to singing!!!!!!!1

sea0tter12 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sea0tter12 Click to send private message to sea0tter12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
First of all, I'd disagree with you about Ruben's voice. But even if Ruben did have a better voice, the competition is about the all-around package. Talent, presence, personality and that It Factor you can't put your finger on. And Clay had the total package, whereas Ruben might could sing, but he's boring as hell. That's why Clay gets more publicity and outsells him by a large margin today.

Not to mention, how can a show be racist when the last three blacks, one hawaiian and one white girl comprised that last five? That's certainly not a snapshot of the breakdown of the face of our nation.

05-15-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
48. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Before Ruben CD was released it had already sold 2 million copies. His CD is still on the Billboard charts as we speak today unlike Clay. Ruben and Clay both have personality but again that's not what the show is based on.

The only publicity that Clay gets is through AI, and Ruben is not signed with them.

SeacrestOut 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeacrestOut Click to send private message to SeacrestOut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Are you serious?"
"The show isn't about personality, it's about the voice"

The show may be supposed to be about the voice, but American picks who they want. They don't have to pick for the best voice. And this year, they obviously haven't. The show is not about the voice. It's about what voters choose for it to be about.

Olena 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Olena Click to send private message to Olena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Hve nothing much to add but you are so right on that one

05-13-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Is that one of the least thought out opinion articles you have ever seen?
First of all the last two people voted out were male. One white on black. So when the write refers to systematically voting out black females, they must not understand what the words mean.

Then even more confusing is the discussion about Clay and Ruben. I still am not sure whether their point is that Clay should have won last year or that Ruben should have won. I think they are saying that Ruben should have won, but if that is so and then they are bitching about Clay being more popular that doesn't make sense either becouse if Clay is more popular than he would have won the vote. So is the writer saying the the producers are racist because they fixed it last year so Ruben could win even though he wasn't the most popular....

Wow, am I the only one that is confused here?

I think Latoya was the best singer there. I have a feeling she got the least number of votes and that is why she was removed.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "C'mon, WCH!"
"I think Latoya was the best singer there. I have a feeling she got the least number of votes and that is why she was removed."

Ya know that can't be true! Haven't you seen the black UN helicopters passing you on your way to the bar? It's a frickin KKK conspiracy.

Official CASH Historian--Vote RR-Boner '04
Thinks racism is stoopid, but I'm not buyin' what they're sellin' in this article

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
You might be confused because the writer is using what I like to call LOL...lack of logic. Something endemic to many of these AI threads.

--also thinks LOL applies to whomever is doing the voting, but that's just a hangover from last year, isn't it?

05-13-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
22. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Yeah, but if you were going to write an article claiming anything, wouldn't you try to use logic to prove your point? Regardless of your point?
I know you and mrc are playing along with me here, but this writer didn;t take the time to lay down a premiss and then follow with fact.....
Systematcally voting off black women....WTF were John Stevens and George(other than bad singers), black women.....

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Of course I would..."
but that wouldn't get me my own thread, would it?

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
WTF were John Stevens and George(other than bad singers), black women.....

Yes, I do believe George was a black woman. An ugly one, but no doubt a woman.

AaliyahFan 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AaliyahFan Click to send private message to AaliyahFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
I honestly don't think racism had to do anything with Latoya being voted off. I loved her I thought she should of been the next american idol. But look at who is voting. White Amrica are the ones who run the show when it comes to voting time. Of course they are voting for the people who they can relate to. We the "minority" don't even watch these kind of shows because we figure we won't win because we are not white. If we actually got into these reality shows that we can support each other than we wouldn't be saying it's a race issue.
Than again we all know who is going to win (Diana)she is the American Idol. She is a super star with a great personality. Latoya had the most amazing voice but personality was not there. Whan you look at the American Idols we have now they both have amazing personalities and are very likeable. I think if Latoya would have been a little younger and had a little more carisma then she would have taken it all. Oh yeah, and I really hope Jasmine doesn't cry next week cause she needs to go! No more pitty votes America.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
White Amrica are the ones who run the show when it comes to voting time. Of course they are voting for the people who they can relate to. We the "minority" don't even watch these kind of shows because we figure we won't win because we are not white. If we actually got into these reality shows that we can support each other than we wouldn't be saying it's a race issue.

Once again, isn't Ruben black? Didn't he win AI2?

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

mixmaster59 21 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mixmaster59 Click to send private message to mixmaster59 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
I have to be completely honest here. I did not go to the link and read the artical. I did however, read all the different posts.

What makes me so upset about this whole issue, is that there is so much more going on in this world than whether AI is racist.

I mean, Laytoya is WAY better off than she was lets say a year ago. No one even heard of her until AI. I mean it's not like she had her head cut off or anything. So, I really think it is ridiculous that such issues are brought into play. Can no one think of the positive here? She will get a record deal, or become an actress, or whatever. I have no doubt that this very talented young women will do very well for herself.

As far as racial issues, what a silly little notion. Did no one watch the last two years of AI? Wasn't Ruben African American? UMMM, excuse me, but he won! As far as Clay being more popular, well, I have to say that he appeals to women of all ages, young, middle aged and older. I am one of the middle aged women and I just adore him. I like Ruben too, but I don't care for his style of music.

But I am getting off topic here. If you look at the last couple of seasons, AI is the most racial and equal programs on TV. They always have an equal amount of blacks to whites and female to male.

The first season, top two--- Kelly (white) and Justin (black, I think) season two, top two--- Ruben (black) and Clay (white) and this season, the top two will also be equal-- Fantasia and Diana. I am the only one who sees this?

We can't control who votes for who, but we can take this a little less seriously. Remember, this is a TV program, a contest. And everyone will be better off because of it. Look at the positive, which truly out ways the negative.

realityjunky 53 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityjunky Click to send private message to realityjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-04 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

Let's see...the last five people this season were three African Americans, a Hawaiian, and Diana D who seems to of some Latin descent or possibly Italian (nothing against Italians...I'm half Italian)...where's the racism??? Don't get me wrong...racism exists in the world but I think looking for it in this season of American Idol is just trying to create trouble. I was bummed about LaToya getted bumped. She was favorite from the beginning.

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Warning, I'm going to yell...

I'M BLACK AND I'M SO DAMN TIRED OF THIS RACISM BS I COULD SCREAM!!!!

WE ARE BEING PLAYED BY THE PRODUCERS. WHY IS IT THAT THEY DON'T POST THE ACTUAL VOTING COUNT??? BECAUSE IT IS FIXED FOR RATINGS. AMERICAN HAS ALWAYS PITTED RACES AGAINST EACH OTHER SO WHY SHOW THIS SHOW BE DIFFERENT. RACE COMPETITION DRAWS ATTENTION AND RATINGS.

Now, Reuben vs Clay. Let's first begin with the facts:

Both are really good singer but the differences are in personality

Clay has a more outgoing personality. On every interview I've seen with Clay he is relaxed and funny. He is use to speaking publically and has has more experience being in the public eye.

Reuben is not as polished, YET. He clearly shows uncomfort in public speaking and needs to work on building his image and persona. This takes nothing away from his talent; however, the public will only be as comfort with a singer as the singer is comfortable with the public. I know several people who went to his concert and they weren't impressed. He just stood there like rock and sang. I didn't see him in concert but I have seen Luther Vanadross in concert when he was heavy and the brotha put on a fantastic show so size doesn't matter.

Reuben has some growing and developing to do or he will lose his limelight. As for his CD, it only has maybe 3 or 4 really good songs. Whoever wrote for him did a horrible job if they want Reuben to truly appeal to the American public. As i mentioned above, I'm black and was so NOT impressed. It will serve Reuben well to tour with some old time male groups/ men and observe their interaction and movement.

Reuben if you're reading this the following are people you nned to tour with:

Boys II Men Bring these brothas back!!!!
Gerald Lavert
Brian Mc Knight
Eric Benet
Comon

Reuben simply needs to learn how to be the sexy singer..thew true velvet Teddy Bear..

It's just my opinion because I ams SO OPINIONATED

realityjunky 53 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 04:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityjunky Click to send private message to realityjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-04 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-14-04 AT 04:34 AM (EST)

We love both Clay and Reuben at our house...but I think it's a supply and demand thing...maybe more requests for Clay are being made...has Ruben appeared at all on this season of AI?

Another thing with Reuben that concerns me is his weight. It must be terribly hard on his heart, joints and all to do an hour to 1 1/2 hour shows. IMHO He seemed to be slowing down physically toward the end of last season...like he was tired... AI was one or two songs with breaks in between. I'm wondering if this may be why he hasn't been performing live much lately. In the last few years I have lost over 100 lbs and what a difference. Guys, this isn't about appearance...someone elses weight has never bothered me on apppearances sake...It's his health I'm concerned about.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Ruben has been on AI this season at least once that I can recall.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
"I'M BLACK AND I'M SO DAMN TIRED OF THIS RACISM BS I COULD SCREAM!!!!

WE ARE BEING PLAYED BY THE PRODUCERS. WHY IS IT THAT THEY DON'T POST THE ACTUAL VOTING COUNT??? BECAUSE IT IS FIXED FOR RATINGS. AMERICAN HAS ALWAYS PITTED RACES AGAINST EACH OTHER SO WHY SHOW THIS SHOW BE DIFFERENT. RACE COMPETITION DRAWS ATTENTION AND RATINGS."

I do not believe racism plays a significant part in the voting on AI. I also, think that there is no way that the producers would "fix" the vote count because they would risk killing the goose that laid the golden egg for them. AI is the highest rated show on tv and if they were caught fixing the vote, the scandal would kill the show. This happened in the 1950s to one of the night time quiz shows, that fed answers to favorable contestants to keep them from losing.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "The problem with the voting is..."
OK - I'll admit I'm one of those idiots who votes 100 times (or at least has that many dials). I was voting for Latoya and Diana this week but only about 1 in 20 of my calls actually got through. I called right up until they cut off voting and the lines for EVERYBODY were solidly filled.....which leads me to this conclusion:

At the tail end of the contest the voting is decided, in large part, by the people who text message their votes. (starts to tread into dangerous territory next) The vote then becomes a funtion of disposable income and socio-economic facotrs. A disproportionate amount of people who feel strongly enough to spend money to vote for 'Tasia and Latoya are simply not as well represented by this sample.

Is that a racist statement? I surely hope not and if I offend anyone by proferring that opinion, I'm sorry. But the facts speak for themselves. As Jasmine clearly demonstrates, you win by having a small handful or very "vocal" supporters who are rabid to keep you in the competition. I think that this hurt Latoya and it HAS TO BE FIXED.

The show makes tons of money - open more phone lines. Making the voting fair and more representative. If Jasmine wins it will be a travesty.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: The problem with the voting is..."
I agree that the amount of telephone votes are probably pretty close in the Continental US, but in Hawaii 1.3 million votes were tallied out of 5 million calls.

If more than 1 in 4 Hawaiin votes get through compared to 1 in 20 in the US mainland using your numbers, then a much higher proportion of Hawaiin votes get through compared to the US mainland. The reason for this is that when Hawii votes, the rest of the US has already been locked out and gone to bed.

Out of 280 million Americans, 30 million votes were cast. Out of 1.2 million Hawaiins 1.3 million were cast. I think this can better account for Jasmine being in the top 2 than the test messaging votes advantage for Jasmine and Diana based on socio-economic factors.

You are correct in that if many more phone lines are opened up and the voting is allowed to continue for a longer period of time, the vote would be much fairer, and it would probably turn out closer to the consensus expectations than is the case at present.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-14-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
first elton John now this

when will these cries stop

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-14-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
How come when George got voted off instead of Jasmine nobody was crying racism and he was a better singer then she wa. It was funny every talk show that had him on the people were saying that Jasmine should have gone. Randy Jackson himself said Jasmine should have gone home but nobody was saying racism, anytime a black girl gets voted off its racism. I do not see the point here.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
Sorry, I only posted on this topic, because every topic is now in alphbetical order. I just wanted to see if this would bump to the top.

Any way, I don't think AI is racist. Everyone votes for there favorite, some multiple times. Thus the results.

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
When did this show become AFRICAN AMERICAN IDOL? I was under the impression it was AMERICAN IDOL!

When the first pictures of the final 4 were aired, I thought to myself, "Wow, what a GREAT cross section of America we have here!” There are 2 African American women, a Hawaiian woman (also a woman of color) and 1 blonde Caucasian woman. No way will we hear cries of RACISM! Well, I was dead wrong!

I agree, LaToya is an awesome singer and was the favorite to win... But, I would love to know, how many of the people who are now crying racism ACTUALLY voted and how often? How many people thought she was safe and decided not to vote this week? How many people are just jumping on the "Racism Bandwagon" and never cast a single vote?

Remember when LaToya and Fanny were in the bottom 3 a few weeks back? The following week they both got WAY more votes and were not in the bottom 3....Hmmmm...Sounds like people are dropping the ball on their favorite contestants. Maybe people are not all committed to just 1 contestant.

Just because a person of color gets voted off it is not a racist attack. It is a matter of who votes and how often they vote. Please stop trying to drive the wedge of racism further into society.

artist 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail artist Click to send private message to artist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
That is a bunch of BULLSHIT.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-15-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
LaToya London was on both "Access Hollywood" and "Extra" last night and she said she didn't feel there was any Racism involved.

valleygirl

nattynats 18 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nattynats Click to send private message to nattynats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: READ THIS!!! RACISM ON AMERICAN IDOL"
The cry of racism also reared its ugly head on Australian Idol last year... and for all the arguments for and against, the fact remains that you've gotta keep voting.

I wasn't a fan of La Toya, and although she is a fantastic singer, there was something missing in her performances - just that missing X factor that plays a part in this game.

I have to agree with others that people thought she was safe - and Jazzy got sympathy votes...

And quite frankly, the producers of Idol WANT controversy - as they say in the biz, any publicity is good publicity.... It gets more people watching, more people voting next round, etc, etc....

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this week Diana goes, because people are gonna vote by the truckload for Fantasia (to support the black vote, to fight racism, to vote for the best singer left in the comp, and for many other reasons), and people are gonna vote by the truckload for Jasmine (sympathy, prove a point, whatever).... Diana will get lost in the quagmire that is AI...

Just my 2c - for what its worth!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •