The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Graduation Gifts?!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-25-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Graduation Gifts?!"
I believe that I am a very fair person and I just DO NOT understand how the coaches and the SO sponsor come up with these graduation gifts. Alliwhine got a load of money and her internship...Christina got art classes, real estate classes, and all expense paid trip to NY to go trotting around with Dandy Andy. I think it's a load of crap that all TJ got was a one or two night stay in some hotel for her and some friends. TJ worked very hard to overcome her issues and really connect with people. I think she deserved something more than little weekend getaway. What do you all think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Graduation Gifts?! vintage53rose 01-25-06 1
   RE: Graduation Gifts?! L_11 01-25-06 2
       RE: Graduation Gifts?! Baxtera 01-25-06 3
           RE: Graduation Gifts?! lovemydogdude 01-25-06 4
           RE: Graduation Gifts?! Little Blimp 01-25-06 5
               RE: Graduation Gifts?! Baxtera 01-25-06 6
                   RE: Graduation Gifts?! mrsnut 01-26-06 7
                   RE: Graduation Gifts?! SOWayz 01-27-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vintage53rose 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-25-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vintage53rose Click to send private message to vintage53rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"
I totally agree. But then it's a glaring reflection of the unfairness of life.

What I think makes it worse is the value of the gifts reflect how these women have been treated in life and handled life. Ali and Christina basically have taken what they wanted (even if it means incurring massive debt (for Allison it's monetary and for Christina it's Soulish )) while TJ just accepted her lot in life and tried to adapt as best as possible. This was reflected in the way they received their gifts. TJ showed extreeme gratitude while the other two kept looking for the next bag.. .a "is there any more?" facial expression. They're takers and know how to subtly convence others to give to them. Proof - Ally's contributions received and Cristina's chips (amoung other things). Thus they were given (to TJ's detriment) the roomful of fantastic gifts while TJ got the roomful of horse s**t. They will soon be crying over the fact that they don't have more and they're bored of the current gifts while TJ will be having the time of her life digging throught the s**t (now including others in the fun) because she knows that with that much "stuff" there must be a pony underneath it all. My wish for TJ is that the pony be there and it be the one she wants.

The good news (so I think) is that TJ left "fixed" and will use these tools to make changes (in other words she knows how to fish and will eat forever) while the fearsome twosome left with very few tools other than a hightened sense of "entitlement". This sense is *not* a good tool to have other than they will take what they want. They've been given a fish that will soon be gone leaving them hungry and not knowing how to fish. They'll keep trying to "take" and the good news is that the "universe" will eventually bite them on the butt. Karmic (sp) justice.

Tina
full of metaphors today!

L_11 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-25-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L_11 Click to send private message to L_11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"
>The good news (so I think)
>is that TJ left "fixed"
>and will use these tools
>to make changes (in other
>words she knows how to
>fish and will eat forever)
>while the fearsome twosome left
>with very few tools other
>than a hightened sense of
>"entitlement".

This part of your post captures how I explained it to myself. TJ left with her act together (indeed, she had most of it together before she came to the stupid house (happy marriage, successful career, physical health, etc.)), so what do ya give her? I seem to recall that Jessica's present wasn't that spectacular either, and she seemed to leave "fixed". The other two (and previous HGs, i.e. Josie) left with their lives still pretty much in flux, and whether they deserved it or not, needed all the help they could get.

Yeah, it does seem unfair at some fundamental level. But to me, the smaller the gift, the greater the person. I do agree with the original premise, however. Had I been given TJ's gift, I would have exchanged it for cash and done something useful with it.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-25-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"
At least Jessica's gift benefited soley herself. TJ's gift required her to include 3 of her housemates that spent the time beating on her.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-25-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"
Ditto Bax

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Blimp Click to send private message to Little%20Blimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"
I thought they said TJ could bring 3 of her friends which didn't necessarily mean HG's?

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-25-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"
No that's what threw me it specifically stated it would be her housemates. I could see her taking Jessica and Jill but I just couldn't picture who the third would be.

mrsnut 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-26-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrsnut Click to send private message to mrsnut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"

I agree, TJ should have received more fitting gifts. But in the end, I think TJ will come out on top. I have a feeling that Allison and Christina will eventually go back to their old ways. TJ sure made some "real" improvments on herself, and be a better person for a long time. I was not a fan of her right away, but after seeing she wasn't fake like the rest of them, I really liked her. Well, Jill is ok in my book too!

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Graduation Gifts?!"
Somebody on these boards reported spotting a group of house mates at a vacation spot, I wonder if that was TJ and her "gift"?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •