The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Ashlee Simpson Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-26-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Ashlee Simpson Show"
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-04 AT 09:49 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-26-04 AT 09:49 PM (EST)

1. Sign big record deal with major record company (Geffen Records).

This record label has obviously agreed to spend time and bucks on the recording process, witness all the hired help, musicians, even classical musicians (and that's BIG money..) on a debut cd.

2. Spend time with professional songwriters who are being paid by someone other than you to write songs for you.

Ashlee suggests the topic -- after all, all teen input is crucial to this pop cd -- and approves the final song. The writers and Ashlee get song writing credit.

3. Bored? Need a break from all this hard work?

A nice vacation to New York City, a nice stay at a swanky hotel. The adult professional songwriters just fawn all over her every whim. Hope the record company is paying them well.

4. Record some demo tracks.

Producers and songwriters stand by and show support. Try to get yourself the songs with the correct lyrics, and in tune, if possible.

5. The record stinks. But it's not Ashlee's fault, of course.

Ashlee gets assigned to a new Producer, new songwriters, and a professional song doctor to make sure everything is half way decent this time.

7. Ashlee records again.

With an enlarged support ensemble this time.

8. Ashlee gets booked to perform a live concert.

On what basis did the club book her? No audition, no video. She has absolutely NO stage experience. I guess on the word of the record company only. Ashlee is publicised as a star appearance. Tickets are sold.

9. Ashlee puts a band together.

A pre-screened group of experienced, professional musicians audition for Ashlee. Ashlee spends a short afternoon looking, and picks the cutest ones to be her band. Voila! A band. And Ashlee even has time to spend making out with her "friend", so the day is not a total waste.

10. Ashlee voice gets hoarse.

A doctor recommends voice lessons...

11. Ashlee does her performance.

She is congratulated and treated like a star. She is still considering taking singing lessons, but has not committed yet.

Whew!! Is this how all the greatest music acts got their start? Or is this how record company-generated, sell a few cds to the teenyboppers and then drop the artist when their fans outgrow them (2-3 yrs) artists are created? Ashlee's a kid, and so self-centered she doesn't know any better, doesn't realise that many have walked that path before her, but her old man manager show know better. Why is pushing so soon into something so pre-packaged? Wouldn't he prefer a solid, talent-based, long-standing career for his little angel?

Ashlee mentions in interviews many times that she doesn't want to be known as JESSICA SIMPSON's sister, loves JESSICA SIMPSON, her SISTER, wants to have a different career as JESSICA SIMPSON, etc. Oh yeah, did I mention that Ashlee is Jessica Simpson's sister?

As you can probably guess, I think her cd s**ks, but then, I am not the demographic market to which this cd is aimed, so I am not a good judge here. The video to "Pieces of Me" is horrendous. She dyed her hair darkest brown suddenly, and I saw a video that keeps showing different clips intersperced -- sometimes she blonde, sometimes she has dark hair -- it confuses even me and I've been watching the show and know that she dyed her hair. (BTW, She dyed her hair because she wants to be different than her sister, JESSICA SIMPSON...) Ugh! It's awful.

She's a cute enough young girl, but not a raving beauty that I would see as a role model for looks or style or anything. Most of her attractiveness is because of her youthfullness. In 10 years she will be, well, ordinary.

Ashlee's singing talent is minimal. She sounds like a typical singing along with the car radio. No particular or noticable talent that sets her apart from the rest. If she auditioned for American Idol, I don't think she would make it past the first try outs.

'Nuff said. This is my unoffical summary of the Ashlee Simpson show. There may be a few episodes left, haven't been keeping track of how many there are.

It's amazing how powerful and controlling the record labels are, when they want to be.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show StarryLuna 07-27-04 1
   RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show reversehalo 07-27-04 2
       RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Pepito 07-29-04 3
       RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show sharmaine73 07-30-04 8
       RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show xbabixJulx 08-30-04 16
   RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show KittenHerman 02-01-05 25
 RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show StarryLuna 07-29-04 4
   RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show reversehalo 07-29-04 5
   RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Pepito 07-29-04 6
   Ashlee's CD to debut at #1 Pepito 07-29-04 7
       Season Finale skyhoneybear 08-03-04 9
           RE: Season Finale rileybbfan 08-03-04 10
               RE: Season Finale reversehalo 08-03-04 11
               RE: Season Finale MaryK 08-21-04 15
 RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Shannon022 08-11-04 12
   RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show ginger 08-11-04 13
       RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Pepito 08-19-04 14
           RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show xowetnwildcutiex 01-29-05 17
               RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Pepito 03-15-05 26
 RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show munson 01-30-05 18
   RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Pensha26 01-31-05 19
 RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Shorty2525 02-01-05 20
   RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Smooth23 02-01-05 21
       RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Shorty2525 02-01-05 22
           RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Smooth23 02-01-05 23
               RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show Shorty2525 02-01-05 24
 Ashlee on SNL Pepito 03-15-05 27
 Ashlee's Mom Pepito 03-22-05 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-27-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
I watched 15 or so minutes of an episode of this show after Newlyweds once. I wanted to poke my eyes out with a fork. Ashlee is just as incapable of taking care of herself as Jessica is. Her mother had to teach her how to mop the kitchen floor. Ashlee, of course, mopped herself into the corner and had to climb over her kitchen counter to get out. *sigh*

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-27-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
What really irritates me is that she can't sing a song completey through. She will abruptly stop during a song and throw a whiney fit about how it sounds horrible. The hair dye job is really bad. With all the Simpson's $$ why didn't she have it professionaly done? She is quite immature and lame. MTV will force her down our throats and try and convince us that her music is great just like they did with Jessica.

07-29-04, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
I agree, the dye job is really bad, but when everyone around her (including her parents) are telling her it looks great, not even the record label comments on it, how is she to know otherwise?

She is spoiled and demanding, and exhibitionistic too, but this is very much the fault of those who raised her, manage her, and tolerate her and/or encourage her.

It just doesn't seem that anybody is looking out for Ashlee's developement as a person. Yeah, she can't do housework -- what's Mommmy been doing with her her first 18 years? Never had any chores around the house? Who's fault is that? Yet, the parents agree that she can buy herself her own condo at 18, knowing that she doesn't know jack about housekeeping or running a household...

Things may be OK for Ashlee right now, but something about her, I don't want to think about her life will be like when she's say, 40 or more. Much more demanding, and any charm that she had is long gone.

sharmaine73 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-30-04, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharmaine73 Click to send private message to sharmaine73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
At least Nick and Jessica are entertaining. Without Jessica, Ashlee would be working at Hot Dog on a stick this summer instead of boring us all to death with that pathetic show and her "I'm training to be a Diva" attitude.

Hey Ashlee! You're not a Diva! Not even close! You're still Bubble Gum and even though I've had misgivings about your Sister at times, she out paces you by miles. You should thank your lucky stars she's looking out for you.

Also, you can't sing. Stop trying. Do something else.

xbabixJulx 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xbabixJulx Click to send private message to xbabixJulx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
while i agree that the color of her hair is bad and they do have money, i think its totally cool that she took a risk like that. I like most of her music but it can get annoying bc it is very whiney. and also, she really cant do anything for herself.

-toodles!-

KittenHerman 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-01-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KittenHerman Click to send private message to KittenHerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
ASHLEE SIMPSON SUCKS!!!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-29-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
I heard on MTV this morning that her album is going to debut at #1 on Billboard next week, with almost 400,000 copies shown. By comparison, when Jessica's most recent album came out about this time a year ago, it only sold about 60,000. Our lesson from MTV? Do your reality show BEFORE your album comes out.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

07-29-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
I don't much care for the Simpson parents. They really did a poor job of preparing those girls for the real world. Both Jessica and Ashlee are complete pigs. Why wouldn't you teach your kids how to clean and do laundry? Their mom is always BSing about Jessica being a big star since she was 14 and that's why she never learned to clean up. Give me a break. I think their parents are complete DAWS who keep thier daughters in a needy state just so they can get in on the limelight.

07-29-04, 10:55 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-04 AT 11:01 PM (EST)

I agree, the Ol' Man and Ol' Lady Simpson are such DAWs. Couldn't they have just waited until their children were mature enough to know what they were getting into before 'launching' their careers? Oh yeah, then THEY would have to wait too, before starting their life of luxury. Mom always looks so frazzled, but I think that she had something done to her hair on the last episode (Ashlee's record label showcase performance), had it streaked or something. It looked better. But I really DO wonder about that Ma & Pa Simpson, even more than the very young, very impressionable girls.

07-29-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
7. "Ashlee's CD to debut at #1"
My goodness!! You mean that there are that many 12 yrs olds out there with enought money to RUN to the store and buy little Ashlee's cd? Hmmm, what could being on TV do for ME?... I can sing either, maybe I'll cut a cd too, and do it on TV, so it will sell.

Pepito

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-03-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Season Finale"
Yessssssssss..............Its almost over!!

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"

rileybbfan 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rileybbfan Click to send private message to rileybbfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season Finale"
Oh no, now who will we watch whine and complain on MTV?

08-03-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Season Finale"
I don't know what MTV has lined up. Funny how I used to watch MTV for the videos but since today's music is so suck a$$ I only watch for the reality shows. And it's funny how I blame MTV for today's music for being suck a$$.

MaryK 6 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryK Click to send private message to MaryK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season Finale"
Now we know why Ryan agreed to be Ashlee's boyfriend when she accosted him on his video. He ended up in Jessica's super star show.

Shannon022 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shannon022 Click to send private message to Shannon022 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
I watched, and I think Ashlee is very immture. Her parents really do a very well job in raising them, yeah they can sing but dont be so dumb you cant mop or clean! Jessica is sloppy too.
I hate the way Ashlee just cusses and makes out with her bf right in front of her parents, and then throws her hissy fits.

Dont like the dye job either.

She is trying to so hard to not be like Jessica, well if Jessica wasnt around niether would she. I really think everyone is taking a liking to Ashlee bc everyone likes Jessica so much.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-04, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
I actually like the hair. I think it makes her eyes look pretty.

If my sister were Jessica Simpson, I'd try to distance myself, too.

I am so effing old to be watching/commenting on this...

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

08-19-04, 00:29 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
>I am so effing old to
>be watching/commenting on this...

Haha, you are only as old as you feel, Ginger.

Drats!! I missed the finale Ashlee Simpson show...oh, well. I did hear that Ashlee and her transition-man boyfriend Ryan have since broken up. Gosh!! Will Ashlee ever find TRUE LOVE? And why do all her boyfriends keep dumping her if she's so great? Oh well.

xowetnwildcutiex 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xowetnwildcutiex Click to send private message to xowetnwildcutiex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
Hey does anyone know what Desighner made those Green boots she bought on one of the newer shows??

03-15-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
Those green moon boots are by Marc Anthony. Ashlee included them in her auction package of items for auction for a Tsunami Relief organisation in February.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-30-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
Just an FYI, for anyone interested...

The infamous SNL debacle will play out this Wednesday night. I'm hoping it's worth the 30 minutes of my life I'll devote to it.

OK, 18 minutes of show, another 12 of commercials. It is MTV after all...

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-31-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-05 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

The sad part is that now it is two shows instead of one. I am wondering if all of her "confessionals" this season are in that green shirt!

Shorty2525 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shorty2525 Click to send private message to Shorty2525 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
YOU GUYS ARE ALL CRAZY!!! Ashlee has a great voice. She has sold more records than her sister Jessica. Personally I think Jessica is a good singer, but its a lot of screaming (in her songs). I love Ashlees style of music, its great!

You can totally tell she DOES NOT LIP SYNCH her songs. You can HEAR her REAL voice in EVERY SONG. So what if she lip sang on SNL!!!! EVERYONE does it one time and another if they have throat/vocal problems. Look at Britney Spears or Cher!!

I also think her brown hair looks great, which SHE did herself. Maybe a little lighter shade of brown would be better so its not so dark. Even then it looks great the way it is.

So please give me (And Ashlee) a break!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ASHLEE!

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-01-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
Firstly, Ashlee has no singing voice at all. She can't even make warm up chords sound good, and thats like singing 101.
If you think all Jessica's song's are screaming then you haven't heard any of her music have you? Its more of a softish rock or something so by definition isn't screaming.

Lip syncing is one thing, lying about it then going and totally screwing up like at the orange bowl just makes her look like the retard she is.

As for the dye job, thats just retarded looking(which is great, because she is one). With all of her families money she couldn't have gone to a salon and spent a hundred bucks and have it done so it looks right?

And don't come in here expecting posters to say nice things about people who subject themselves to 'reality' tv. Bashing
these twits is half the fun of comming here.

All that being said, given the chance I would definatly take a ride on ashlee.

02-01-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shorty2525 Click to send private message to Shorty2525 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-05 AT 06:46 PM (EST)

I know that Ashlee is NO Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston. But I believe she has a decent pop voice. Jessica does have a good voice is some songs, but she yells so damn much it gives me a headache....and boy what an airhead she is. I rather listen to Britney Spears and I dont care much for her either.

I didnt see the orange bowl so I cant judge, I just heard she got booed from the crowd. If she lip synched at that, then shes stupid.

Yes she probably could have afforded to get her hair done. But even if she spent $500 at a salon it could have came out the same way. Dark brown doesnt exactly take much talent to die. Anyone can do it. Highlights is another story. I DONT however like her hair cut, THAT is horrible, she needs a new haircut BADLY. I dont know what that girls bangs are doing.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-01-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
Go here http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=7469 and watch the video of her at the orange bowl, then tell me how good a singer she is.

02-01-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Ashlee Simpson Show"
WOW! That was a horrible performance. She deserved to get booed for that. Good thing she's seeing a vocal coach. She sounds better in the studio, then live

03-15-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
27. "Ashlee on SNL"
I didn't even think that there would be a second season of this, but it appears that the main purpose of this second time around is to rehabilitate Ashlee after her SNL debacle, and to continue to try to sell more of her CD's to her young fans.

Yeah, it certainly does seem that all of her confessionals after all of the filming was done. They were probably added then, as part of the rehabilitation process for Ashlee's career.

Ryan is always trying to get away for Ashlee. He obviously not happy, but Ashlee is so controlling, and her old man is his manager, that he can't get away. End result: a relationship that is dying a slow death.... Trust me, it wasn't meant to be, kids! Ryan can do better, and Ashlee needs to learn to be alone. For a while.

03-22-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
28. "Ashlee's Mom"
So what's up with Ashlee's mom? She's got to be loaded with dough, yet she always looks like she just finished cleaning her house. She's got the requisite cute lap dog accessory who always looks freshly groomed, yet she herself (whatever her name is..) always has uncombed hair and dumpy clothes. I can't figure her out. She seems really weird..

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •