The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Graduating???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

okermom 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-24-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okermom Click to send private message to okermom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Graduating???"
It seems to me that people are graduated when the producers want them gone and not when they are necessarily "cured". The last couple of graduations seemed to come out of no where...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Graduating??? Baxtera 01-24-06 1
 RE: Graduating??? L_11 01-24-06 2
   RE: Graduating??? passion4 01-24-06 3
       RE: Graduating??? Baxtera 01-24-06 4
           RE: Graduating??? Dayum Yankee 01-25-06 10
       RE: Graduating??? VictoriaB 01-24-06 6
           RE: Graduating??? OklaBlue 01-24-06 7
           RE: Graduating??? pinksparkleguitar 01-25-06 11
 RE: Graduating??? Pixeltalk 01-24-06 5
   RE: Graduating??? 2Centz 01-24-06 8
       RE: Graduating??? bellyButton 01-24-06 9
           RE: Graduating??? Summerlynn31 01-25-06 12
               RE: Graduating??? Zoey 01-25-06 13
                   RE: Graduating??? lovemydogdude 01-25-06 14
       RE: Graduating??? Shazbot 01-25-06 15
           RE: Graduating??? SOWayz 01-27-06 16
 RE: Graduating??? eire_heart74 01-27-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-24-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Graduating???"
I think it comes from having ambigious goals. When there isn't something concrete to achieve it's rather ambigious as to when they've achieved it. Truthfully a woman of honor? That's not a goal it's a cheesy campaign slogan. Christina should have had a specific goal about getting her GED and finding a job. Who's honor IV's definition, the audience's definiton, Christina's definiton?

That's been the trouble is that the goals are not definable and achievable in a direct sense. The only one who seemed to have a specific goal was Jessica learning to grieve for her mother and to move on. TJ had a goal but it was ignored. I just think it's been more about exploiting and entertainment than really helping.

L_11 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-24-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L_11 Click to send private message to L_11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Graduating???"
Agree about ambiguous goals, particularly ones that qualify only as cheesy campaign slogans. But I'm more in Okermom's camp. Especially when they suddenly start graduating en masse, and always in time for Friday's episode.

Aside from Jessica and Allison, I have yet to see a "graduation" that didn't arouse suspicion for me. One day they're still in the throes of their issues, then a husband or a son visits, then everything gets suddenly resolved, and then they're graduating. All in the span of four episodes. No, I too find it disturbing. And it's particularly noticeable this time, because it isn't coming at the end of the season. These ladies are spent and boring; time for new ones. It's too obvious for me.

passion4 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-24-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail passion4 Click to send private message to passion4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Graduating???"
I agree, the graduations are so cheesy now, there's no anticipation or excitement regarding graduation anymore! They have edited and pieced episode's together so much this season, I think production have lost their way! They obviously are not getting any good footage with this group of women, so they are trying their best to get something juicy going and it's not working! At first there was noone graduating, now, within a few days everyone is leaving! I think the producers sense that this isn't working and they're ready to shut that house down!

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-24-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Graduating???"
Several posters have commented on the lack of individual exercises this year. I've noticed they've had few group exercises that really focus on bonding the group and learning how to trust and communciate. (Many have seemed more to divide and conquer when they've actually had them). There's been little focus on teaching them how to use communication to resolve conflicts and anger management techniques to disolve some of the tension in the house. It seems as if it's been encouraged.

It also seems there's less accountablity. The partners thing just seemed as way to gang up and abuse each other. The BOR's have been jokes but in the past it seemed like they used to come before graduations and they'd be a review before a graduation. Now it's almost as if they've given up on anyone achieving anything and just let them hang out and tear each other apart with an occassional dip in the mud or a trip in a box.

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-25-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dayum%20Yankee Click to send private message to Dayum%20Yankee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Graduating???"
Speaking of board reviews - the last three ladies haven't even been told by either the hgs or the lcs that there is such a thing as a board review. They know they have steps and lots of that is missing too. Nope, no accountability.

VictoriaB 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-24-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VictoriaB Click to send private message to VictoriaB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Graduating???"
I think the problem is that we've seldom see them move toward their graduation day this season. We see plenty of phony "breakthroughs" that don't seem to go anywhere, but we rarely see them get their steps, and we rarely see BORs where their progress is assessed. That's all we see are mostly meaningless exercises and then the big graduation announcement. There's no sense of progression and no set up, so we wind up feeling cheated out of being part of the process. JMHO

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-24-06, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Graduating???"
You are so right, VictoriaB! Maybe not cheated out of being part of the process, because we are not, but cheated out of the flow of a complete storyline.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Graduating???"
>I think the problem is that
>we've seldom see them move
>toward their graduation day this
>season. We see plenty
>of phony "breakthroughs" that don't
>seem to go anywhere, but
>we rarely see them get
>their steps, and we rarely
>see BORs where their progress
>is assessed. That's all we
>see are mostly meaningless exercises
>and then the big graduation
>announcement. There's no sense of
>progression and no set up,
>so we wind up feeling
>cheated out of being part
>of the process. JMHO
>
ITA, VictoriaB. When was the last time where we saw anybody "earn" their steps in one of the group meetings? I can't remember the last time. Also, where are the Board of Reviews?? No wonder these housemates seem stagnant, their is no threat of them having to leaqve the house. We had the one where everybody got a 'C', bu then no follow through really. It's about time for another one.

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-24-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Graduating???"
It is easier to say someone is "ready" to graduate when their goals are ambiguous, IMO. Who is to say if it is right or wrong? Also, I think they figure that they've done enough for this woman, 9-10 weeks or whatever should be enough, so here's your makeover and bye-bye.

I really felt that Jessica was the only one this year that was CLEARLY ready to graduate. And she had a realistic, specific goal. Some of the women have goals that will take YEARS to reach.

I believe this is the reason that they hardly ever give out steps anymore. Some of the women have graduated without achieving all of their steps, and showing each step reached on the plasma screen would make that obvious.

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Graduating???"
"Some of the women have graduated without achieving all of their steps, and showing each step reached on the plasma screen would make that obvious."

Excellent point, Pixel. This season is so lacking in structure and consistency, it's no wonder the HGs are the same way.

bellyButton 171 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bellyButton Click to send private message to bellyButton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Graduating???"
it shows here at 12noon..i should have slept in...NO graduation happened here..it just showed it as the day after the grad. watch them show the same darn show tomorrow...as i saw today. i'm pissed. (oklahoma)

Summerlynn31 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-25-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Summerlynn31 Click to send private message to Summerlynn31 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Graduating???"
i was really disappointed with how season 2 ended. It seemed those women did not complete all their steps at the end either. Meg did not even get a chance to address the sexuality issue; which is a big issue in itself. Season one they did that also. now they are just plain being lazy; i believe that it is more enertainment now than actually helping.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-25-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Graduating???"
I agree with the original poster x 10.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-25-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Graduating???"
I so agree that the graduations seem to come out of nowhere..and JUST BEFORE the HG graduates the editing focuses on attitudes that the graduating HG is wrongfully displaying i.e. TJ-seemed to be regressing (I love TJ...hard to watch that BS), then XXXtina being a BEEYOTCH to Kim (no editing there...that was real..and real wrong), now Jill...she's been quite disappointing lately.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-25-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Graduating???"
"This season is so lacking in structure and consistency, it's no wonder the HGs are the same way."

Yes - but, which came first, the chicken or the egg!

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Graduating???"
Rhonda's blog on her website says that they are done with the show for this season. That means that they are stretching six months of filming into nine months of show. I feel that the editors are simply piecing together a show, not necessarily sticking to actual continuity. That's why it's hard to follow any real progress, or even know if there is any progress.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Graduating???"
Absolutely they are kicking them out the door as soon as their storyline gets dull. They have always done that. Look at Cassie of season 2. She failed her GED twice and still couldn't get in touch with her son, what else was there for her to do. Out she goes. And Meg, go in a car, an elevator, a plane, ok she's done. Next!

I think Alison got the old heave ho beccause they were sick of her diva like behavior. My god she was the biggest spoiled brat in history and I think they got sick of it too! Out she goes!

As for this show for going more in depth, not to me it isn't. When you have watch gossip sessions of laundry complaints, glasses in the sink and Mr Internet sagas, I don't feel like I know these women any deeper.

God I wish they would go back to season 1 way of doing things. Real goals, like get a job!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •