The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"who do you love and hate????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kittykat_meowee08 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kittykat_meowee08 Click to send private message to kittykat_meowee08 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"who do you love and hate????"
i really like fantasia!!! i dont think she will win but she should deffinately be in the top 2

i really really REALLY hate diana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is nothing special about her...

what do you think???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: who do you love and hate???? shedevil 05-12-04 1
   RE: who do you love and hate???? theincrediblehugey 05-12-04 2
       RE: who do you love and hate???? shedevil 05-12-04 3
   RE: who do you love and hate???? callalilly3000 05-12-04 12
 RE: who do you love and hate???? Pepito 05-12-04 4
   RE: who do you love and hate???? pheeann 05-12-04 10
 RE: who do you love and hate???? strid333 05-12-04 5
 RE: who do you love and hate???? DoodleBug 05-12-04 6
 Diana steppingrazor42 05-12-04 7
 RE: who do you love and hate???? JOSHIDOL 05-12-04 8
   RE: who do you love and hate???? gem58 05-12-04 13
 RE: who do you love and hate???? dirtysouth 05-12-04 9
   RE: who do you love and hate???? Acawap 05-12-04 11
 RE: who do you love and hate???? goldiejh 05-12-04 14
 RE: who do you love and hate???? filthyfabulous 05-13-04 15
 A bit of an opinion predicament for... Fishercat 05-13-04 16
 RE: who do you love and hate???? fantasia fan 05-13-04 17
 RE: who do you love and hate???? karenr821 05-13-04 18
   RE: who do you love and hate???? soccer_angel22 05-16-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I don't "hate" any of them, but I don't like Jasmine at all.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I love Fantasia's ability to sing with so much feeling, and bring the audience in to share in the experience. I think she moves well. I often hate her choice of clothing. The duck on helium sound doesn't bother me.

I love La Toya's ability to sing. I'd like to see her come down from her pedestal and work the crowd more. I hate the way her voice sometimes sounds pinched in the upper register.

I love Diana's enthusiasm, and the way her voice can soar. I think she's broken through the "glass wall." I think she's hidden the weaknesses in her voice fairly well, but when they come out, I hate the out of tune notes and the girlishness of her "soft" voice.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 03:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-04 AT 03:53 AM (EST)

I love Diana's enthusiasm, and the way her voice can soar. I think she's broken through the "glass wall." I think she's hidden the weaknesses in her voice fairly well, but when they come out, I hate the out of tune notes and the girlishness of her "soft" voice.

I like her voice on some songs (mainly in the beginning of the season) but what bothers me is she sounds so nasal most of the time, like she's got a permanent cold.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-04, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I have to agree with you She-Devil. Hate, is a very powerful word. This is a TV show, a contest. To say that we hate someone, based on just what see on the show is a bit immature.

I don't like the way some of the contestants sing, but it is far from hate.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
Sorry, this is not a very controversial response, but I like them all! I think that at least, LaToya, Fantasia, and Diana will get recording contracts out of this experience.

LaToya is dependable and predictable. Her personality doesn't glow, but I think that's who she is -- dependable and predictable, just like her singing. It's her temperament.

Diana is a wonderful singer. If (when) she starts her recording contract, she will also be taught more singing and performance techniques.

Jasmine is cute as a button and I love her big voice, but she needs more time to mature and to improve her performing techniques. She is the next to go home.

Fantasia is a great singer and a great performer, too. She is unpredictable -- some performances are not so great, some performances can just blow one away, which is something that LaToya and Diana don't do. I'm thinking of 'Summertime', the ballad she sang on Big Band Night, and even 'I Heard it Through the Grapevine'. Even the Queen song on Big Band Night was a surprise. It's got a lot of people talking, and that's good. In show business, it's an important ability to get oneself noticed, and Fantasia's got it. I bet that even those that don't like her will sit through her performances and watch, just to see what she's going to do.

I think that Fantasia would make a great AI, I think that she just may become the AI and she might go home this week, who knows? She's unpredictable and that's good show business!!

Her personality? It sucks. I hate it when Ryan walks up to her because I know that I will have to listen to something stupid from her again. Like Diana, when she signs a recording contract, if it's with a major label, they will clean that up. Teach her interviewing techniques, style and image consultants, etc. But she is who she is and will always be a bit edgy.

Sorry for the long post. Haven't posted in a while, needed to get my thoughts out.

Pepito

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
You hit the nail on the head, Pepito. Great post, IMHO.
I absolutely love LaToya's voice the most, but I think Fantasia is a helluva performer. Her voice just gets on my nerves most of the time (as she does, as well). Diana is good, but I don't think she's good on the same level as LaToya or Fantasia.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
Love - Rupert and Rudy
Hate - Robfadda and Amber

Seriously though, I can't love or hate contestants on AI or CI the way I could for Survivor or Big Brother. It is because this show is only (at least in my opinion) about the talents of singing. The other shows are more about the personalities and how their actions affect the game and their lives.

I do like everybody except for Jasmine talent-wise. Diana is in third place. And the other two are as good as ties to me. I don't care much one way or the other. It's not like I can vote or anything.

Three is the perfect number.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I don't "hate" any of them. I don't "love" any of them either.

The singers that I disliked are all gone already. I like the final 4 (wish George was there instead of Jasmine). It's time for Jasmine to go. She cracked under the pressure last night.. bless her heart. She's got a great voice, but it's starting to sound strained. She needs some more training.

I think Diana, LaToya and Fantasia all bring something different to the competition. Any of the three would make a great American Idol. Who will win depends on how they sing their final songs.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Diana"
This girl is ANNOYING!!! But I think she could win. 1/2 of the time she's entertaining and the other 1/2 she's just too giddy!!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I think I missed George last night.
However, I am starting to like Fantasia.
Diana is such a fake person to me.
At least Latoya is real, real boring but it shows.
Jasmine, just too young and sweet to be here.

gem58 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gem58 Click to send private message to gem58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I dont hate any body, but i have to admit that Jasmine has to go she does not have the talent like the others.As far as as FANTASIA, I dont like your attitude, and you dont sing your songs you scream. I cant see myself listening to a whole cd of Fantasia. I pick Latoya as the next AI with Diana as the runnerup. Yes Fantatasia that means you get the boot next time.

dirtysouth 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirtysouth Click to send private message to dirtysouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I love Fantasia for all the reasons everyone else loves her and for the reasons people don't like her. I think she has the power to move you with her song. I know she has that "it" factor for me because I felt the same way about Kelly and Ruben.

Latoya is a great singer with a powerful voice. I was pulling for some personality, but after the interview show (where she didn't even have the presence of mind to turn and acknowledge the audience) I knew it wasn't going to happen. She has the same cool, calm, and collected personality trait as I do. And I would have made an excellent spymaster.

Jasmine is beautiful and had one suprise performance earlier on. I kept hoping that she could get the out of tune thing under contol. It aint gonna happen. She will make it eventually but not on this show.

Diana, Diana, Diana. I am from Georgia and I think she is fake.
She started out okay personality wise and has progressively gotten worse. What is real about her? Can we honestly say what you see is what you get?

I also think the judges are blatantly trying to push for her to be in the top two at the end. Her first performance was mediocre and they jumped on her like she was the second coming. I can't be the only one that sees this.

I think they are a little fearful of what ratings will be like if the golden girl is not there at the end. JMHO.

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
it's funny -- when I read the original post here I feel exactly opposite.

I can't STAND Fantasia. Her voice is so annoying it grates me every time I hear her. She's talented, but I can't imagine ever actually wanting to listen to her album. Also, when they did the interviews a couple weeks back, she was the only one of the group I didn't really, really enjoy. Her high squeaky voice is so irritating it overshadows her talent.

I've loved Diana since auditions, and think of the group she's the best entertainer. She seems to really enjoy herself and is the one of the group I can envision selling out concerts in the future. She just needs to stick to fast-paced, "perky" songs.

LaToya is the best singer. She's an amazing talent.

Jasmine is so cute and adorable I can't say anything bad about her. She should be happy with a solid 4th place ;)

goldiejh 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldiejh Click to send private message to goldiejh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I love Fantasia! I also thought LaToya was really good! I was shocked to see LaToya go. Jasmine should be gone! I love Fantasia's voice. It's different. Plus she has a good personality! She is genuine!!!! My vote will be for FANTASIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

filthyfabulous 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail filthyfabulous Click to send private message to filthyfabulous Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
Jasmine needs to stop calling herself Hawaiian and refer to herself as a filipina.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "A bit of an opinion predicament for me"
I don't like Fantasia. She sings out of genre (which, I have relinquished on the whole as something I will complain about, not as big an issue for me anymore) a little too often, she has an odd twang (sort of) on her voice that irks me, and her attitude can be charming at times and annoying at others. On personality and my prefences, I don't like her. I like Diana a lot more out of the remaining group, Jasmine I am neutral on other than the whole she should be gone thing.

With that said, I hope she wins it all, since I feel she could be successful (easily), she has enough of a personality to stand out in a crowd of musicians, and she does have a very good voice (and the only times when she struggled even a bit were on oddball pieces).

I don't necessarily want to root for her, but I hope she wins.

fantasia fan 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fantasia%20fan Click to send private message to fantasia%20fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I love Fantasia, the girl has got it what it takes, she has a unique voice. Second is Diana, I dis-like Jasmine for a lot of reasons, but the main reason is the first time Fantasia, La Toya, and Jennifer were the bottom (3), I saw Jasmine burst out laughing. That is not how you treat people with whom you have been in constant contact with. Where is your stewartship young lady?

Second: I am tired of getting a busy signal,for hours. Then they say, you have to vote. Fantasia, hang in there, something is wrong, and VERY, VERY WRONG, when I try to call in my votes. I have redial. I Try to vote every time FOR HOURS, but I can not get through. When I do get through occassionally, the person I vote for is always, the losing end, I think the system is rigged, and I feel there is no real reason to watch the show anymore, if your effords are blocked. It appears to me that "The American Idol" already knows who they want to win. And that is absolutely wrong!!!!! I would tape this show, if I thought I would miss it. This is the only show I watch, other than the news. You are not treating people fairly, I do not believe the "Public" have that much to do with this...

I remember the situation back then. They hated to give Rueben his due rewards.

karenr821 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail karenr821 Click to send private message to karenr821 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
There is not ONE single thing that I like about Jasmine. She is irritatingly nice...in a really fake-not AT ALL cool kind of way. Get rid of that ridiculous flower I've never liked it--or HER for that matter--from the beginning. And she needs to dress her age. She's 16, not 30.
I love Fantasia's star quality and stage presence. She really doesn't need AI to go far.
Diana has a great personality and has tremendously progressed. She sometimes hits wierd notes but it's at least bearable...as opposed to Jasmine.
I was most dissappointed to see LaToya and George go. They were by far my favorites. How can you not love George...?

soccer_angel22 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail soccer_angel22 Click to send private message to soccer_angel22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: who do you love and hate????"
I really liked LaToya and I admit Jasmine should've gone, but it's not her fault. America is voting. I think Jasmine has worked very hard to get this far and she has quite an amazing voice for someone so young. Just like Diana. but even though, LaToya was my favorite, and she shouldnt have gone, but she doesn't need this show to become a big time celeb.

I dont think the flower looked that bad on Jasmine either. but she does look nicer and more mature without it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •