The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Keith in NY Daily News"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-14-01, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Keith in NY Daily News"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-01 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

Hey gang -

Here's another blurb about S2 in the New York Daily News celeb gossip section. Their theory is that Keith is gone tonight because he's been out and about promoting himself. This theory's been posted here before as he has been selling his cookbook both on Barnes&Noble.com and his own website (and the theory of the release date coinciding with his boot - I think it was the week Kimmi actually was voted off, but correct me if I'm wrong). I don't buy it - too much points to Alicia this week, and she seems to be the odds on favorite in Superman's post this week. Besides, Keith hasn't been leaking anything - he's just been showing his face quite a bit. No evidence in that unless he starts talking, which they don't say he's been doing. Sounds they're barking up the wrong tree, but see what you think. Again, as when I posted the article about Mike, Jeff and Alicia in NY at the restaurant (Alicia's "Go Kucha!" autograph), I'm not very good at picking up clues (I missed the autograph clue myself!), so see if you guys spot anything. NY Daily News is a pretty good paper - not nearly as much of a rag as the NY Post, so I don't doubt Keith has been spotted around. But the guy writing the article is plain and simple saying "I think the amount of time he's spending promoting himself means he's gone tonight." Wrong - it means he's been promoting himself since episode one. Not saying he won't be gone soon, but it won't be tonight.

Here's the actual link, and below is the text in case you have trouble viewing the article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/today/News_and_Views/Daily_Dish/a-103227.asp

Watch ‘Survivor' Turn Up
The Heat on Chef Keith

Fame is definitely a heady experience.

Consider the megahit "Survivor." With the promise of instant celebrity awaiting each contestant — winner and losers alike — the odds are that sooner or later the show will spring a leak and someone involved will start talking, simply because the rest of us are consumed with hearing the dish.

That may be the case with tonight's "Survivor" episode.

I realize that week-to-week predictions about who gets voted off the show have nearly become a cottage industry. So let me pass along the following, not as a prediction, but only as what I've seen:

Say goodbye to Keith Famie, the 40-year-old chef from West Bloomfield, Mich. I think he's a goner, as of tonight.

I'm just watching his actions in public, and right now I can think of no other "Survivor" participant — from this show, or the one last year — who has been so visible before the TV game has played itself out.

Granted, Famie attained a national status as a chef before "Survivor" came along, but this guy is suddenly everywhere. He has his own Web site, famie.com. He's been calling the media pitching his cookbook, "Famie's Adventures in Cooking." Food & Wine magazine wants to throw a splashy dinner for him. And just last week, Famie was busy working the room with foodies like Drew Nieporent at a Moroccan food festival held at the Plaza Hotel.

All of Famie's activity, especially now, suggests that his post-"Survivor" career has begun in earnest. If I'm right and he goes, I'll look like I know what I'm talking about. If I'm wrong, sue me.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Keith in NY Daily News Play2Survive 03-14-01 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Keith in NY Daily News"
Not much there I think. The guys argument is weak. In fact, if anything, I think all the pre-conclusion self-promotion suggests that Keith goes far or actually wins it. But who knows? Not putting any weight in this article.

Thanks for the post, ItzLisa.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •