The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-11-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
RUBEN STUDDARD

Ruben brought something else to American Idol. He wasn't what you expected. He didn't have the American Idol image everybody thinks you should have. Ruben went on there and it was all about his personality, his voice and what he had to give. That proved to me it's about the talent. At the end of the day, that's what matters, and Ruben definitely had it. I wanted him to win. I'm so glad he did. Sorry Clay!

WILLIAM HUNG

William Hung was so funny. It was like he knew he was going to be the next American Idol. He was so confident, he was silly. I remember him going "She Bangs! She Bangs!" I just thought that was funny. I was cracking up. He's become a cult figure because he has personality. He really believes in himself - that's the thing about him. What's really funny is that he's always on key. Like, he's really not that bad of a singer! I would buy his record!

SIMON COWELL

It's so funny about Simon  he's usually 95 percent right. I remember this guy on the show with braids. He was singing Aretha Franklin and it was really bad. I hope he never sings again! I hate to say that, but it's the truth! And Simon was so right about him. If I were a judge on the show, I would be more like Paula Abdul, because I try to find something good in everybody.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1486901/20040510/brandy.jhtml?headlines=true.jhtml&_requestid=328864

I personally can't believe that she thinks William Hung can sing but I guess we can't all agree on everyone.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... zzz 05-11-04 1
   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... theincrediblehugey 05-11-04 2
 RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-11-04 3
   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... shedevil 05-11-04 4
       RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-11-04 5
           RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... shedevil 05-12-04 13
               RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-12-04 21
 RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... kerawal 05-11-04 6
   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-11-04 7
       RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... kerawal 05-11-04 8
           RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-11-04 9
               RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... kerawal 05-11-04 10
                   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-12-04 11
                   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... shedevil 05-12-04 12
   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... shedevil 05-12-04 14
       RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-12-04 15
           RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... shedevil 05-12-04 16
               RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-12-04 17
                   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-12-04 18
                   RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... shedevil 05-12-04 19
                       RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-12-04 20
                           RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... shedevil 05-12-04 23
 RE: Another celeb's opinions... Bra... HECObug 05-12-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-04, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
I think when she says Hung sings well, she is focusing on pitch and ignoring tone. I agree (and thought from the first time I heard him) that he basically can sing on key. That skill is not that easy from the looks of many other singers on this show who continually sing flat (John Stevens, Jasmine, Diana at times, etc.).

As important as pitch, and I guess really more important, is tone--the quality of the voice. There are many people that, with enough practice, can sing on key, but good singers must also have a pleasing tone to go with the pitch. Hung's pitch may be on, but the tone is barely musical. He is not nearly as bad, however, as Keith from last season who has horrible tone and pitch. I actually think many of the bad singers we saw had much worse pitch and only barely better tone than Hung and were worse singers. Hung's real problem, obviously, is how incredibly awkward he looks (especially when he tries to dance) and his thick accent. These factors (which technically have no impact on his singing quality) makes this mediocre singer appear to be a truly horrible singer.

Those are my thought on the issue. Anyone agree or disagree?

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
Agreed. Like Brandy, I was struck by the fact that William had better pitch than the other "bad" auditions. The dancing and accent, as well as poor tone quality made his performances funny, but I think it was his confidence and his ability to sing in tune (most of the time) that got him the record contract.

BTW, are his fifteen minutes officially over yet?

HECObug 137 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-04, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HECObug Click to send private message to HECObug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 11:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 11:14 PM (EST)

I agree with her about Simon!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CLAY AIKEN and HE DESERVED TO WIN!! NOT RUBBEN! Sorry... And William?... Don't even get me started there!!

05-11-04, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
What's up HECObug? Where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you around.

05-11-04, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HECObug Click to send private message to HECObug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
Well, I been busy... Not able to get on the internet! You know how life is! How are ya!?

05-12-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
I'm okay, just getting through a bad day and a headache.

05-12-04, 00:59 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
I'm sorry go listen to music...(Clay is recommened) It helps me!!

*wink*

kerawal 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-04, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
Just because someone can sing on pitch, there are many other factors to make someone a "good" singer.
But, everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion. I think personally that Diana is nasal, Kim Caldwell sang with no vibrato, Fantasia can screech sometimes, Clay sings horribly in falsetto, Jasmine's voice tires easily and she quickly goes flat often, Josh Gracin could hold a high note, but yelled it without the Barbara Streisand signature note (holding a note with no vibrato, then adding it at the very end of the note), George's voice was too raspy, and the only thing Ruben brought to AI was the image thing. I thought he was totally lackluster and predictable. I guess Latoya shouldn't feel so bad when they accuse her of the same thing!

05-11-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

"Fantasia can screech sometimes, Clay sings horribly in falsetto,"

I agree with you about the first part but Clay has the best voice I honestly have ever heard! He sings great no matter what!! Falsetto... Clay can do anything!!

(I also agree that George was kinda raspy, that Jasmines voice tired and went off pitch and that Ruben ONLY brought image!)

05-11-04, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 11:51 PM (EST)

Do you know what falsetto is? Take a listen to the end of "somewhere out there" from last year. Clay has a great range and and sings excellent in full voice. I am not saying Clay was not a great singer, in fact, I own his CD, just that he sings bad in falsetto.

http://cao.elitefanhost.com/media/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=15

05-11-04, 11:46 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
OKay well you never know... there are so many people that just try to find one thing bash on him for and it pisses me off... no i haven't heard the end of a whole world... and i own his cd too.... If you can't tell....

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!!

05-11-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 11:53 PM (EST)

I agree. I m not looking at something to bash him on. I voted and thought he should have won and was BY FAR the best contestant from AI2. Here is a link to tons of clay mp3's and performances.

http://cao.elitefanhost.com/media/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=3

05-12-04, 00:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
Hey thanks.... Yeah I was very mad when he lost ..... But hey he has gotten ALOT more attention and money than Rubben so its all good!! *wink*

05-12-04, 00:00 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
Thanks so much for the link, you rock. I love Clay's voice he's the best thing to come out of "American Idol", (plus Kelly and my girl Jennifer).

05-12-04, 00:04 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
I personally think that Clay's voice is as close to perfect as one can get.

05-12-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-04 AT 00:17 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-12-04 AT 00:15 AM (EST)

YUP....THATS A FACT!

*wink*

(Josh Groban's is really good to but CLAY IS BETTER!)

05-12-04, 00:25 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
OOH. That's just not right, I refuse to choose between Josh Groban and Clay Aiken, no, you can't make me do it.

Josh has the best songs for sure though.

05-12-04, 00:29 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
"You raise me up so I stand on mountians...You rasie me up to walk on stormy seas!" Sorry .... yeah i love his songs...I love them BOTH!!

AND

ROCK!!

05-12-04, 00:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
LATER YA'LL!!

05-12-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
I love them both too. *but I honestly love Josh more* but it's darn close.

05-12-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-04 AT 00:57 AM (EST)

*GASPS* TRAIDER!!! J/J!! Yeah, its close for me too but I think Clay definetly gets the best for me!

05-12-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
I'm innocent, I swear!!

05-12-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Another celeb's opinions... Brandy"
I AM TIRED SO LATER YA'LL!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •