The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-10-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
1. LaToya London
LaToya wins ‘Diva of the Week’ for the fourth time this season, and for the second consecutive week. She was incredibly sexy in a backless red-orange shirred halter dress, which was nice and short to reveal plenty of leg. And her 20’s-inspired finger-wave hairstyle was absolutely spot-on for this week’s theme. As we’ve come to expect from her, the attention to detail was fabulous as well, and her gold strappy heels, golden low-slung hip sash, and trademark chandelier earrings tied together perfectly. You go girl! Here’s hoping LaToya rides the Diva wave all the way to the end. (Some people slam her for being predictable… but I say predictably FIERCE is never an insult!)

2. Fantasia Burrino
It was a good week for Fantasia, who in addition to wearing a bra, appears to have toned down some of her rough edges this week. In tight black wideleg pants, a black halter-top, and black heels, she was both classy and cutting-edge at the same time. And her hair (in a nod to LaToya) was sleek and sophisticated as well. I wasn’t feeling the odd gold bead multi-chain-twist necklace, but I’m quibbling.

3. George Huff
Fashion-wise, George was on track this week (though the G train appears to have headed out of town, unfortunately.) In a fitted black Dior suit, with a black dress shirt, and black polka-dot tie, George was the contestant perhaps best attired for this week’s theme. Too bad his dull vocals and uninspired renditions failed to rally his usually-reliable fanbase. But let’s be real, George wouldn’t have won this thing anyway, and if the rumors are true that he has injured his vocal chords, perhaps it’s better he has this time to rest.

4. Jasmine Trias
Again, Jasmine disappoints this critic, this time on a grander scale. This girl has the body and looks to wear absolutely anything. And since she is appearing before tens of millions of viewers, one would thing she’d raise the bar a bit image-wise. No such luck. I pictured her singing these classics in a nice 40’s-inspired suit, or a jacket with a peplum over a fitted strapless dress, or a beaded evening gown, with her hair upswept in a nice Andrews-Sisters do. Instead, she showed up in a green cowl neck top which revealed her yellow bra, ill-fitting light denim jeans, silver bar earrings, a multitude of oddly draped silver hip-chains, and a pony tail cinched with a huge green flower. The week Kelly Clarkson really cemented her lead in the first American Idol was big band week, and she came out in full swing-era costume, much to her fan’s delight. Jasmine has the looks to pull off such a risky move, and instead chose to wear something she might wear to the outlet mall. You’ve let me down for the last time, J. Count me off your fanlist.

5. Diana Degarmo
The person or persons who are responsible for Diana DeGarmo’s attire should be summarily fired, or shot… or both… no questions asked. I'm forced to issue a Fashion Citation. What the freak was that periwinkle nightgown monstrosity? If you asked me to pick something that made her babyfat especially prominent, I couldn’t have picked something better. (Is it just me, or has Diana gained a noticeable amount of weight over the last few weeks? Perhaps she’s been eating Matt Rodgers’ portion of the meals?) And the white lace trim and piping at the waist, along with the silly white bow at the breastbone, were just simply nauseating. If I’m forced to say something good, I’ll say her blonde sleek hair, rhinestone bracelet, and white strappy heels, were nice… but I doubt anyone noticed them… because most viewers were probably reacting to her ‘dress,’ covering their eyes, and screaming ‘It burns! It burns!’

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Idol Finalists. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned a$$.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Cumulative Rankings:
1. LaToya London 1.7 (2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1)
2. Jasmine Trias 3.4 (1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 2, 2, 4)
3. Fantasia Burrino 4.3 (5, 5, 7, 5, 1, 4, 6, 2)
4. Diana Degarmo 6.2 (9, 8, 6, 7, 4, 7, 4, 5)

R.I.P.:
5. George Huff 4.5 (3, 3, 5, 4, 7, 6, 5, 3)
6. John Stephens 6.9 (7, 9, 10, 9, 6, 5, 3)
7. Jennifer Hudson 2.5 (4, 2, 4, 1, 3, 1)
8. Jon Peter Lewis 4.5 (6, 6, 1, 3, 8)
9. Camille Velasco 8.9 (11, 11, 9, 8)
10. Amy Adams 8.3 (10, 7, 8)
11. Matt Rogers 11 (12,10)
12. Leah LaBelle 8 (8)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Thanks Larry! Breezy 05-10-04 1
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (... stormysatan 05-10-04 2
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (... qwertypie 05-10-04 3
 Yeah! You're back!! idlegossip 05-10-04 4
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (... strid333 05-10-04 5
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (... sodiumswirl 05-11-04 6
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (... TODDLJ 05-11-04 7
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (... idlegossip 05-12-04 8
 Diana is listening emydi 05-12-04 9
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (... rjrabbit 05-12-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Thanks Larry!"
It did burn, it did! My eyes still haven't recovered.

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-10-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
Thanks for a very entertaining article.A few comments.

1.Latoya's look is getting old to me. She was very 'ethnic' last week. She needed some 'American flavor' to her look.
And I don't agree with the color of her dress. White or something like that looks a lot better for her than red, or orange, or salmon pink.

2.Fantasia,too, didn't impress me. She had no make-up so much that her ugly facial scars showed up on tv. Her hair looked like a carbon copy of latoya's (although it was probably a lot better than her previous hairstyles) which was not helping her any.

However, their vocals were far superior than the rest so they deserved to be in the top spots this week.I agree.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
Thanks for your take on the evening. I had the good fortune to miss the fashion fiascos (I still can't get that crepe paper ensemble Diana wore last week out of my head. -- and you say this week was worse? SHUDDER!). Maybe I'll look her dress up out of morbid curiousity anyway!
La Vida es un Tango!

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Yeah! You're back!!"
Larry,

So happy to see you posted your journal for last week! I am addicted, you know, and addicts can get pretty antsy when they can't find what they want! Whew!

I wonder if Jasmine is having troubles taking her style to new lengths because her dad is there with her. He is there every week, and he may be a protective dad who will make sure she doesn't show too much or dress too old.

On the same token, Diana probably has her mom there, trying to dress her little princess like she's in a beauty pageant. At least Fantasia and LaToya have a little more freedom, simply due to their ages. Once again, 16 is too young!

I really enjoy Fantasia's spark and spirit, even if LaToya is the one with the VOICE. If she could learn a bit of Fannie's spirit, she'd be my choice, too.

I was watching for one drop of emotion out of LaToya last week, after George was booted. I noticed the cameras on the other 3, but not her. Only when she walked out and put her arms around him did we see she wasn't completely made of ice. I think it was a great gesture and probably melted some opinions.

LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK'S JOURNAL!

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
Thank you for the great comments! So any comments about Amber's I heart Rob T-shirt?

Three is the perfect number.

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-04, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
I'll bet deep down inside, she's thinking:

" Whew, I won, now I don't have to actually marry that guy.
Wonder if he'll let me keep this big sparkly engagement ring.
"

p.s.
strid333, why is three the perfect number?

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
I think the shirt should be subtitled:

"I think I might lose, so I want to make sure I still get half the $$$"

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
I thought I'd bump this to the top so that more people have a chance to enjoy Larry's input. Let him know we appreciate him and miss him when he's gone, okay? With just a couple more shows, we've just gotta have his take on them! THANKS!

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Diana is listening"
I love your articles and I think Diana has been reading them based on her outfits last nite.
You're so influential Larry!!!

emydi

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Eight (Big Band)"
Fabulous commentary as always. When I saw Diana's dress the first thing I thought was what's Larry going to say.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •